[T][CE] Turnabout Revolution (phase 3 out!) ○

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Revolution (phase 1 and 2 back up agai

Post by Ping' »

A Mercy mode for part 3 is part of our plans, and will be included in the game's post-competition re-release.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

I'm scared by the fact a mercy mode needs to be implemented... That means we have ToC pt. 3 difficulty... Again. :(

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

Well it wouldn't be fun if it didn't pick up at some point :mrgreen:
But you'll see.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

@Gumping: Is there a reason that Peppers's profile picture isn't showing up while all the other ones are?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Ping'

Post by Ping' »

You mean in the topic?
That's because it was still the dropbox address. Changed it to the new one, so it's now fixed.
Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Post by Wooper »

Well, I started on part 2.

It's been so long since I've played through a trial, I'm getting quite rusty at finding the contradictions -_-
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Chime in if you need help with anything in particular.
Wooper
Spoken languages: English, un peu de français

Post by Wooper »

Eh, I think I'll be good for a while. Until I actually have to figure out how the crime occurred because, frankly, I'm having trouble even understanding what's happening -_-
WORK, BRAIN!
† I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior and am proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
I love My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
Currently Playing:
Starting Umineko
deHughes
Spoken languages: English

Post by deHughes »

Spoiler : Running commentary, small again :
- My cat does not want me to play the game, she is pushing me off my chair.
- Interesting how it starts on "Ending"
- Colour me interested
- You know, pretty sure I said the only way I'd take Phoenix back in the courts was if Apollo died. I stand by those words.
- Ramona Stalwater, is that a Dogen reference I see there?
- Damn… Trucy had to testify… that's awful…
- Dat silence (and rain)
- get out of my aide spot
- taco for dinner only have one hand
- So many callbacks. It's kinda beautiful.
- You can be lucky to fid three change rooms in most places here, but we're not California
- Well, that went fast.
- Well, that ended fast.
- Having markers for where Klavier and Kristoph were would have helped with that map contradiction.
- Oh this judge. He is a silly man.
- The world is a cruel, cruel place for poor Phoenix Wright now.
- Never have bodily functions led to such tragedy.
- 4 things? Mama
- DELIA THEME
- Wow, been a while since I wrote something
- I don't care, DELIA THEME
- NO DELIA THEME GONE
- I QUIT HOW COULD YOU STOP DELIA THEME
- Guys, it's obvious. I AM JUSTICE
No essay this time, I tired and sleep. Zzzzzz
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Part 2 re-thoughts goooooooooo! Note, I'll probably re-doing thoughts starting from where I actually did here.
Spoiler : Part 2 Thoughts. Has Part 2 Spoilers (Well of course). :
Music, why you loading so slooooooooooooooowlllllllllyyyyyyy. :(
97% now. Come on, I only have like 37 minutes left of playing before I have to take a break! :(
Excellent! We have loaded! And there is sound this time! Yay!
Is the rain sound still supposed to be on inside the Courthouse Lobby? Interesting choice, I must say.
Orchestrated music! Love it. Also, I'm still disappointed that the judge isn't Ballard. :(
Interesting choice of music for the testimonies. Where is it from?
No objection music? Aww...
Klavier! You're not using enough gratuitous German! :D
Time for Ema's testimony... Which was where I was before! ;)
Turpin! Stop hitting on Ema! That's just creepy! :D
Cross examinations? TIME TO PRESS EVERYTHING! :D
"(I wonder if my advice ever came across this cryptic...)" TURNABOUT OF COURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Hmm... Let me think about this carefully... It seems to match up with what Klavier said... Hmm...
Hmm... Is there a place where Ema couldn't have seen someone escape from... Hmm...
Of course! Dames's back door!
Fireproof... Cameras? O.o
Hmm... Something seems suspicious about that.
Time for Trucy's testimony!
Why isn't Turpin hitting on Trucy? :p
I'm liking this music. It's quite funky! :D
"(Did Trucy just turn my non-contradiction into a contradiction...?)" Aww... Thanks Trucy! That's so nice of you!
I really love Objection! 2001 Orchestrated. Hey! It's actually Objection Suite! I love this one! :D
Hey look! It's errybody's fave person, Peppers!
And now, let's continue where I left off... (I had class here, like I explained in the xat.)
Have I said how much I love Peppers's theme? I don't think I have. It's just so... 50s-60s music. I love it.
Excellent. Nick and Edgey have managed to stall out this trial for a bit longer!
Peppers is testifying, m'boy!
"(I wonder if she's started to doubt Kristoph's guilt...)" Well, I never thought that Kristoph did it in the first place... That would be such an inelegant solution! :D
"Kristoph is abnormal and thinks in convoluted ways, yes, but his plans still have logic to them." Yup. He's insane, but he's still sound of mind in the logic areas. Much like <SPOILER REDACTED>! :D
Hmm... I'd better find a contradiction... Or else Kristoph will get Guilty and be forced to go to jai... Oh wait a minute. :p
So... He saw a key... But was it truly the key to the shop? Or was it our replikey?
Hey! That's right! Yay!
And Peppers awaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
And Klavier comes todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Gee. That sounded funny. >.<
"(I regret every negative statement I've ever made about the good ol' judge.)" Sigh... Too bad Udgey's dead, eh?
"...Well, bad things obviously happened, but nothing to do with him, I mean." OR WAS IT? This is totally a super important clue!
Hmm... Burns stayed in the same spot where he was? Suspicious.
"Would you like to propose the theory of a third key?" It's like ToC all over again!
(Paraphrasing, but whatevs)Judge: This trial is at its end! Which means, it's only just begun!
What connection have we not cared about? I'd say Burns... And let's save here to make sure I don't get a game over!
And I'm correct! Yay!~
Ahh... So Burns was found guilty in the arson case.
And now... We see the enigmatic Burns. Who is totally not Phoenix Wright.
"Contrary to everyone else, I spent most of the day in the detention center." Yes. That is so true! :D
Yes Burns... you "totally" stayed behind where you were...
"I never actually knew specifically what it was that I wanted to do." Wut. That's confusing, isn't it.
I find this statement that was added a bit fishy... I think Burns' letter should suffice at this statement.
Excellent. I got that right!
"She was THAT kind of woman?" Yes, yes she was, Mr. Judge.
"We truly live in a strange world.". Yes, yes we do.
Woah... Accusing Burns of lying to the court... I totally didn't expect that.
And Delia is at the stand. Gee, did everybody related to the arson case just decide to show up for this trial or something?
Also, Delia's theme is quite good too. But I still like Peppers' theme better. :D
"Your beauty deserves more than a single man to admire it..." Please stop hitting on the witnesses, Mr. Judge. :(
"(This has probably been my most convenient case in terms of the locations of the witnesses...)" Yup.
So... Super... Objections? Fun! And I like how Kristoph is the one to introduce them, of all people. Now I wish this was an actual gimmick the real games... >.<
"(Ok, so this guy is a creepy stalker.)" Yup. He totes is.
Kristoph seems... eerily nice this case. I like it.
Hmm... Mutual interests shared... I'd say... Justice is one?
Excellent. I got that right. And he was interested because he found his prized gun was stolen.
"He had already been keeping the fact that the gun had been stolen a secret... what if he had others?" And the nail has been hit on the head.
"(And Burns has successfully frightened the court into submission...)" But he wasn't being THAT scary here... >.<
The music here is quite cool!
Also, clearly, if Burns is objecting to have Delia speak, he must have spoken to her. Duh.
And now the judge is forcing him to do a cross examination? That's new.
"We found the insignia of Jean, the Invisible Thief of Justice, while we were investigating." Hmm... But why would Justice want to target Burns?
And that seems to be what I need to object to!
And now we say that Burns was never a victim of Justice... He is a MEMBER of Justice. Dundadun, the plot thickens!
Sigh... And now Burns accuses Salem of being the leader of Justice. So who is telling the truth?
"It's so much more fun than trying to leak the next part because you were too impatient to wait a day. :D" STOOOOOOPPPIIIIIIITTTTTT. :(
OK... Now I'm done Part 2... So yeah. Joke Theory time?
Spoiler : Joke Theory, the 3rd. Contains Plenitudes of Part 2 and also a few Scapegoat spoilers. :
So now, we know that either Burns or Salem are potential members of Justice... However, we fail to acknowledge one thing. If any of them were truly the leaders at Justice, they would merely pretend that this is the case. Therefore, none of those two could be the true leaders of Justice. Who would be the true leader of Justice then? It would need to be someone who has a loathing for the court. Somebody who has the cold-blooded mind of a killer. Somebody who hates the state of the current world. And that person is... Vex Vulper. So why Vex Vulper? It's quite obvious. In his revenge against Phoenix Wright, he decided to strike right where it would hurt the most. After escaping prison using his connections (which he's done before), he went to a latex making factory and made masks for all the people currently involved in the case, including Peppers, Delia, Burns, Salem, and Apollo Justice. Then, he went and killed Peppers, and disguised himself as such. Then, in the midst of the fire, the latex started to meld with his own skin. So, he needed to pretend to be Peppers. Then, he saw his chance for revenge. After stalking Kristoph Gavin, he hid behind the mirror, and shot him with Burns' gun. The reason there were no fingerprints? Because he, learning from his mistakes, made latex gloves as well! Then, he used the powers of magical latex to escape! Also, he took the key with him to unlock the door for the back, and using his amazingly vexy skills, he threw the key back into the hole behind the mirror. Meanwhile, where was Kristoph during this time? He was inside the change room, stunned in awe at what Vulper just did. And had convenient amnesia due to the smell of the latex. So who was the Peppers that was following Klavier at the time? That was Vulper's second in command, Titus Krump. Yes, because Titus Krump was actually not dead in Scapegoat. He was actually a secret follower of Vulper, and merely pretended to be dead, and got better. And then, afterwards, Vulper used Peppers' dead body, covered it with the latex mask of Apollo Justice, and pretended that the body was actually Polly's body. And how did this fool the autopsy people? Because Vulper bribed the forensics and everybody except for Ema, Klavier, Miles, and the Judge. So that's why none of them knew about this. And then, what happened to the real Apollo? He's actually alive. As Vex's new second in command. Because he had amnesia, and as a result, followed Vulper's commands perfectly. And then this "new" Apollo Justice killed Burns and masqueraded as him. That's why the new Burns is so dodgy about the fact that he saw Delia. While Burns did not, Apollo Justice did! And that, is how this crime went down. Vex Vulper and his evil followers killed everybody.

clcman

Post by clcman »

Theory Response:
Spoiler : :
CURSE YOU LATEXXXXX!!!!!!!!
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Let's come up with a serious theory now. Which turned out to be more like nonsensical rambling :/
Spoiler : Part 2 Spoilers Ahoy! :
Well, we can limit our suspects to 5 people:
Kristoph, Delia, Burns, Salem, and Peppers.
I think we can immediately rule out Kristoph. What type of lame solution would it be if the defendant actually was the murderer in a case with such strong emotional connotations like this? We can also rule out Burns. Considering the fact that he was under supervision from before the murder until just before the body was found, there's no way he could have been the murderer.

So who does that leave us with? Delia, Salem, and Peppers.

Delia oozes of suspicion. She has no alibi, and she has the time and the means to have committed the crime. Also, it's super suspicious that Burns stopped her from testifying after we "found out" about their connection via their interest in Justice. Salem has just been accused to be a member, if not the leader of Justice by Burns. However, this seemed more like a way to deflect blame from himself. But who knows? Maybe he is telling the truth. And finally, we're left with Peppers. Peppers... I don't know, seems suspicious by not being suspicious. Something about his presence seems... funny, to say the least.

But this doesn't help us solve who the murderer was or how the murder was committed.

Therefore, I'm going to make a claim: The murder happened before the time we currently think it was.
This is the only way that makes sense (unless there's another secret room inside the changeroom, which would be, again, another lame solution). If the murder happened before the mirror broke, then, all of a sudden, nobody has any alibis except for Burns. This could turn the case completely open.

So, who's the murderer? I say Peppers, with the gun. (I mean, he does wear gloves right?) And also, cheating-source-code-meta knowledge. Peppers has poses that you haven't put in yet. Which is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery suspicious.
Also, I want to know. What happens to our endearing cast of Laser Cats 4? I WANT TO KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Might as well post this here xP

Spoiler : Turnabout Revolution :
If the intro is the best part of the case then… that’s not very good ^^’

Well, the intro is much better than when I played it yesterday xP

Sequel to TSub? Hotel Watery Fowls? I… I can’t tell if this is judge bribery or Frenchy stroking his ego.

A MEW HOPE

And here come the obligatory character introductions…

Creeeeeeeepy music

All judges beware when Frenchy starts making a case.

Polly has the same boring ringtone as from NYT? Okay, THAT’S definitely judge bribery xP
(spoiler alert: it’s different in TBT ;D)

Background turns black when speaking to Trucy… Weird…

Zomg, teh faaaaaaaaaades!!

Polly, you were only on the 2nd floor, stop complaining xP

I made a totally awesome sprite comic that I got reminded of from Nick making Larry thing Polly’s a girl, but imageshack removed it and it isn’t on this computer :(

He is Apollo Justice, and he is fine!

A fire? Naaaah, go read TVTropes. It’s always murder!

Over Polly’s dead body? Dat foreshadowing.

dat TBT reference xP

“SHOPS”. Amazing.

“Are you defending?”
“What do you think?”
“Guess I’d better tell you everything, then.”
“(…I was going to say ‘No way am I going to defend someone before talking to them and making sure they didn’t do it,’ but this works too.)”

The motive is clearly insurance money. (Confessing sorta puts a damper on that plan, though.)

Maybe stuff was stolen from the store earlier in the month, and now that there’s been a fire, Burns has realized he’s being targeted by Justice, so he confessed to go to jail and get police protection that way?

EVIDENCE DUMP~~~~

You’d think Burns would’ve been able to see who it was through the store windows xP

Kristoph still has his badge? That ain’t good.

Oh noooooooooooo, evidence can get added to the CR twice D:

Oh hey there, Sergeant Peppers.
…Called it xP (Definitely b/c I’m so smart, and not b/c it was totally obvious)

Does that mean… he used to be involved in the legal system in some way? Also… “skunk” hair… Yeah…

So a 40-year old man playing in a cover band with a bunch of teenagers. That’s… creepy.

WHY ME FRY ME

Seems like it’s Duncan Spiracy under those wraps.

There’s an evidence pic of security cameras from GK2 you could use if you wanted

Darn it, I couldn’t pull the gun out on whatshername xP (There’s also typewriter when you do that)

Art about the Mysterious Bust Killings? Yeaaaaaah, don’t think I’m interested in THAT (due to a certain *ahem* aspect of the crimes)

Two aces of diamonds? Note to self: Never play poke with Delia.

When Delia mentioned Polly’s last trial, I thought of 4-4 ^^’

That was a long philosophical discussion. What else would I expect from Frenchy, though? xP

>”So many things… Where do I start?”
>One talk option

IT WAS SO DRY AND SO ICY, IT CAUSED THE STORE TO ASPLODE IN FLAMES

And oh, we gotta present ^^’

Also, I have a feeling that Justice is just one person…

Joebert… And looks like we’re going to have to put some sort of reference to this trial in TFT xP And is Carr a reference to John Dickson Carr, or something else?

“Our father has long since past…”
I am disappoint at no “Our father has recently passed… I hope the inheritance gets resolved soon. Anyway…”

Who would cover up gold with silver? ^^” (Also if it was exactly like the real key, why can’t it unlock/lock the doors?)

Me: “Okay, investigation’s over…. So……… Where’s the body? :<”
“Oh, glass breaking! Murder time!! =D”
“….Oh, she’s still alive. Lame.”

Ending 8 wut

Is this
Is this really what I think this is?

DAT EVIDENCE DUMP

Edgey should submit phase 1 of this trial as evidence =D

Gummy! <3

The bullet was lodged in the wall? That’s a… surprisingly tough wall for a fitting room ^^’

I wonder if it could be as simple as Ed being the killer cuz he’s crazy… And I wonder what happened with Burns in his trial…

The mirror… So that’s what the glass shattering was…

It’d be nice if the mirrors/holes were added on the floor plans or something…

…Ah, it was Pepper.

999 music xD

A missing “TAKE THAT!” when you present Kristoph D: (those are so easy to forget…)

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaams

Can’t Kristoph tell us if/how he knocked out Ema? ^^”

It’s kind of annoying how the different music tracks have such different volumes ~_~

I don’t like this contradiction about the cameras in Dames :< Add a sentence in the arson report like we talked about, Frenchy!

Nick is 99% sure Kristoph is guilty and the next witness is Trucy, who is pretty trustworthy. CASE-BREAKING CONTRADICTION COMING UP GAIZ

Kristoph, please, DON’T tell us your side of things…

I can feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel what the contradiction in Peppers’ testimony is going to be. “A gold key, clear as day!”

Okay so he only implied it, but yeah xP

GHOST COURT

“I was watching Burns the entire time, so nothing bad could’ve happened. Just like with Kristoph =D”

So we need a new connection… and yet still so much evidence… ~_~
Nuuuu, Justice is totally connected! It wouldn’t have been the intro if it were irrelevant!

There may not have been something you wanted to do… but there was certainly someONE! ;D

I love Turpin’s reaction to Delia’s romantic situation xP

Super-Objections… fun…

PURSUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Four members of Justice, four OCs. Sounds legit.

There’s too much evidence xP I know what I want to say, but don’t remember which evidence it’s in…

H…How is it only 10:30 AM? ^^”

Lol, Kurtis Gavin

I thought the back door just jammed ^^”

13000 frames, Nick. Of COURSE there’s more to it xP

Killer + Key = Solution NEVER fails!

“I’m sure this won’t take long” Someone clearly wasn’t informed of the theme of this comp

Ending 3 .__.

Gunpei told me the solution to the “who” section of this (or rather, I guessed it and she confirmed it xP) but I have a feeling this would be a LOT less annoying if it didn’t take 10 minutes to save ~_~ y u stop working gud, internet?

Jesus Christ glad that’s over

Huzzah, my internet stopped freaking out overnight and now it doesn’t take 10 minutes to save xP

You should flip Hazama’s sprite when he insults the judge as Nick xP

Darn, I first presented the Floor Map to represent the hole instead of the Mirror. Oh well

Kristoph notices the gun behind the mirror, puts the mirror back before Ema sees it, knocks Ema out, goes back for the gun. Contradiction solved.

Aaaaaaaaaaargh another super-present

Aaaaaaah type-writer vooooooice

Why is everyone so shocked by that one objection? xP

Aw, c’mon, Kristoph dropped the gun cuz he had to put it down to climb over the dressing room wall xP
He didn’t want to be spotted on the cameras! (He couldn’t have known they weren’t working)

More super-presentsssssssss

Blargh. I didn’t get this because I presented it at “The only way around this is if I just got lucky.” That should be a valid statement, too! The other way around is if you locked the door xP

Oh… I thought he locked the door… But yeah, that wouldn’t work ^^” …I still think the other statement should be valid, tho :x

Wait how did Peppers get the key under the door when he was in the other dressing room?

That was… a weird present .__. I wanted to use the keeeeey. (And I’m not sure why it had to specifically be Gummy who does it… Why not Ema?)

MURDERERS ALWAYS FILE DOWN THEIR KEYS
Nick, nuuuuuuu! Demand to hear the testimony of someone in the basement, and see if THEY heard the filing noise!

The lifebar doesn’t stop flashing after you say you don’t have evidence

Do the super-presents ever stop?

Lol, THIS wasn’t in the end of phase 1 xP

C’mon, Kristoph, object already…

Wait Seriously? ^^” C’mon Peppers…

Why do I find it unlikely that this is actually the last testimony…?

NO SUPER-OBJECTION?! *shock+awe*

Oh, that… worked….
It’s filled to the brim with contradictions, but I thought maybe Peppers used the gun to knock the mirror off, rather than ramming the wall…
Well, let’s see what the real reason was ^^”

“From outside the fitting room” is what I was thinking, but “Before the murder” sounds much more contradiction-free ^^’ (even if I don’t see the reason…)

Wait, the cameras wouldn’t have seen Peppers shoot the gun in the wall if it was the day before the murder? Well, at least I didn’t get a penalty…
(Also, wasn’t there the time when Peppers got to Au Bonheur before Klavier and was alone there? Couldn’t he have fired the bullet then?)

Oh wait. He put a coat on the hanger xP

Wait y that no work? .__. (Maybe cuz we don’t have the coat itself…?)
Or… not…

“Wait, the cameras wouldn’t have seen Peppers shoot the gun in the wall if it was the day before the murder? Well, at least I didn’t get a penalty…” Go me~

Silly Peppers, even if the cameras were destroyed, the footage from yesterday should be fine xP

It wasn’t the last testimony. Why am I not surprised?
This sounds like final cross-examination music, though…

Welcome back, Maya.
(er, Pearl.)

It’s a party in the defense bench, it seems xP

Also I was happy (and sorta surprised) it was just a regular present… Guess not xP

Huzzah, got it without TOO much difficulty.

Lol, you used Nick’s sfx once for Peppers ^^”

Well. Full points for theme relevance xP

You clearly just accidentally dropped the key!

Wait a second… I guess if Peppers got it from Joebert, he could’ve known Kristoph was going to go to Halls. I suppose there’s *somehow* he could’ve known when Kristoph would go… but how did he know that Polly would go to Halls, too?

And now that I think of it, we never found out what happened in the Au Bonheur fitting room with Kristoph and his dad all that time ago.
(…………….The way I phrased that gave me bad thoughts .__.)

Guys stop acting shocked and just get on with it

It’s irrelevant how you hid the bullet hole from Kristoph and Ema because the security camera footage conclusively proves it was there ^^’

Darn it, Klavier! What if they all voted to acquit Kristoph? :<

Lolwut

“Find me guilty or I bomb the courthouse!”

So we started with an arson case, and it turned into what seemed like an open-and-shut murder case (from the victim’s POV, too) that just becomes… absolutely insane xP The characters are all unique and interesting (your Frenchy is showing), with a really deep backstory, even connecting to the canon court system. The investigation ends with a big twist, and the basic premise for the trial is TSub-level insane. After getting the basic facts from the witnesses (hopelessness and all) with a few fake theories, then suddenly we have to pull the murderer and evidence from nowhere and begin a gigantic confrontation from nowhere that ends up all being just a [redacted]. Everything was great. I have my own little theory, and I can’t wait to see how this all wraps up.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Oh gosh, I was about to open that up too. Almost opened up spoilers. Bad Kwando, bad! :(

clcman

Post by clcman »

Okay, the comp's pretty much over, so it's time for my final theory.
Gumpei and Ping' are not the true masterminds behind this crime. Both of them were captured by the true criminal around three months ago. The criminal then forced them to hand over there account passwords and has been impersonating them all this time. This person used the combined prestige of their accounts to fool everyone on the forums into thinking that Gumping was an actual team and created this case to cover their tracks. This plan was insurance to ensure victory in the contest known as "The Never-Ending Turnabout."

Now, who was this vile mastermind? I confess that don't know his name. I don't even know what he looks like. All I know is that he's some Dude With A Mask.

This crook, who shall be referred to from now on as "DWaM" used Gumpei and Ping' as his personal sock puppet accounts to allow him to submit two cases. With 50% of the comp's entries and the reputation of his stolen accounts, he could ensure his victory. And, indeed, the case submitted under his own "name" won. But in order to keep his evil genius on the down-low and to increase his own reputation, he "handed over" the next comp to, you guessed it, Gumpei and Ping'. Now, everyone has new found respect for him, and he still controls the next comp.

The fire and murder were committed as previously described, using the AAO V5 device to manipulate reality and frame the defendant for the purposes of impressing the mysterious "Blackrune" and "Bad Player".

And THAT was how the crime was committed!
Addendum:
Of course, "Ping'" and "Gumpei" may deny that they are in fact this Dude With a Mask, but that's what they'd say if they were his sock puppet accounts. The only possible way they can prove their independence is to choose this as the most bizarre theory.
Addendum Addendum:
The Dude With A Mask wasn't working alone. He in fact learned this dastardly scheme from the undisputed KING of AAO comps.

Detective Dave.
Addendum Addendum Addendum:
Exactly as planned...
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken