[T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Re: [T][CE] Turnabout Tomorrow ●

Post by Gumpei »

So I wanted to be the first person to make a "I'll play Turnabout Tomorrow... TOMORROW!" joke.

And I just did.

So I am obligated to play this tomorrow... or later today. Whenever I finish ATTT I'll start, basically. ^^
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm stuck on testimony one, and I refuse to use a walkthrough.
Spoiler : :
My problem is that there are too many contradictions in the first testimony. Here's what I found after pressing everything:

* The autopsy report has no mention of the fall or even a time of death. Knowing whether it was pre- or -post-mortem is a crucial detail.
* If Groud called Yalt, Groud should have had a phone on his body.
* It's physically impossible for that bullet to have come anywhere close to pushing Groud through that window. Using some reasonable approximations, the bullet would have moved him a little over 3mm, neglecting the force required to send him through the window. Even accounting for error, he would have had to have been very close to the window to even touch it, much less break through it.
* People, such as Masterson, did enter the building after Yalt did. If he means that nobody entered between them, he should be more specific.
* Groud entered the building at 6, but the call to Yalt was placed at 8:15. Why the two-hour delay?
* How did Groud get a phone, and how did he know Yalt's number?
* Even if Yalt had somebody recommission the gun, it would have been for use as a magic prop. How did she get real bullets?
* Yalt couldn't have known where Groud was by following him. He arrived two hours earlier than she possible could have.

With eight possible contradictions, can you blame me for being a bit confused?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

Valid points, most are explained later. You're on the right track with the first one. :P
EXCEPT FOR THE MATH PHYSICS ONE

Suspension of disbelief man. Good God! D:
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Alright.
You can have my stream of consciousness to laugh at now.
-well the prologue is just how I like them. Bonus points for dramatic display of case title
-oh so this just starts in court right away? Fine by me, more time for stubbornness, I guess?
-zomg Cross was somehow involved, totally the culprit. Yep, I'll totaly stick with that.
-psst the theme was stubborn culprits, not stubborn defendants. xP
- 7-weights. Always a good choice.
-E? E....laborate? E....xecuted? Well, that probably fits.
-I approve of the defenestration.
-CROSS IS COUGHING TOO MUCH FOR MY TASTES. Totally important.
-I have a weakness for judges that ain't messing around. The cast of this thing seems pretty good so far.
-Autopsy reports that don't even state the estimated time of death are third-rate~
-October 14th is a good day for murder, as we all know.
-Guard Dreamer, huh? I'm more surprised that there isn't any obvious judge bribery on here. Guess you're confident enough not to resort to such cheap means, hm? Well, unless Phoenix Wright is the killer. Evol Girl for accomplice.The fact there's no Isaac Guard on here also surprises me more than it should.
-not even at the first testimony and the judge is already fed up with us. Perfect.
-oh man, umineko music and sfx. I have never really seen both utilized in a trial that isn't from me.
-lol, random flashbacks to the end of another trial are way too intriguing. Now I can't help but wonder what happened in that case becaus eof some vague made-up final solution
-I'd also call this (judge) bribery at this point.
-Liking the first tesitmony. Pretty fleshed out stuff. If it conitnues like this, yay.
-Oh hey that was actually a contradiction. Wasn't really too sure whether that was just badly worded or actually meant to make no sense. xD
-E-Endless nine? C-Calm down man! This is supposed to be early on, right? (fine by me though, right into the epic)
-...lol as I suspected, it was worded that way just to get away with it. Silly autopsy.
-I just love it when lawyers can state that they can't find a flaw like that.
-lol coughing in a thought bubble
-creepy culprit monologue. Ohsnap.
-Oh they totally got this all planned, hm? Well, nothing less from persistent culprits.
-What to make of this? Clearly E is still alive and posing as Cross, faking a cold to disguise the voice discrepancy. Disguise explains how he moved around undetected. Yeaaah totally legit.
-G-Senjou no Maou vibes before. Now even the music. Approved?
-Loving the culprit comments.
-Again, stating confidently that I have absolutely no problem with the victim's account. Heck yeah, let's just agree our way through, no point looking for super complicated contradictions that obviously don't exist!
-I'm getting the hang of these contradictions now. You rather have something that isn't mentioned but should be there be the contradiction, hm? Got it.
-Flashbacks to chess? Sure, why not.
-"Not relevant" Oh jeez, same old.
-Different floor, huh? ............bwahahaha! LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT POINT ABOUT THE DOOR BEING OBSERVED AGAIN!
-Ah well, just means I gotta crack the other one as well.
-D-Defendant? Don't leave me hanging here. Uh oh... there's some plot going on here, but I pretty much suspected as much. Yeah, totally E.... SOMEHOW.
-Phoenix Wright seems so randomly thrown in here., considering we're playing a character with his sprites. We'll see how this goes, I guess.
-"you sorta remind me of my daughter" .....yeah, expected/10.
-I like how he had to point out that wasn't just a cheap clone joke. xP
-....this testimony. INCONSISTENCIES EVERYWHERE. This obviously means Phoenix is E and the killer. SOMEHOW.
lol I gotta try that robot option. Worth the lifepoints. In fact, the cellphone was actually a robot who committed the crime and transformed back into a cellphone afterwards. ....What? It has been done before!
-contradicting testimonies. I can apparently really count on the fact that no logic errors were made here. (didn't really expect otherwise with this team)
-more flashbaaacks (I guess if there's no investigation it has to be done like this)
-jeez is Phoenix now Luna or something? Elaborations. And of course. Listening to music at inconvenient moments. Classic.
-I don't like this this testimony. It's like you can see everything that is wrong with it and still fail. Fine, that's one walkthrough peek. I'm certain I pointed all of those out.
-AHAHA even following the walkthrough doesn't help. Well then that totally doesn't count as legitimately getting me stuck. Time to cheat my way past I guess?
-Well the only elegant way for this is to have both of them telling the truth.
-AHAHA no. I have no clue on the code. Fine, first legit walkthrough peek.
-Ohhh derp. Well I rarely use cell phones. No surprise I couldn't figure out that one. It'd be quite unfair on people not familiar with this, in fact. (never assume they do not exist. xP) Kind of a borderline case.
-lol her counter-theory is pretty shabby now. Judge will let it slide, of course.
-Oh, not so shabby after all. Mainly because our verison still has flaws as well. Oh well.
-Masterson again. Well, people don't just drop chess references and never show up again, I guess.
-Oh hey the missing time of death was actually a thing. Welp, called it, in a way.
-lol first try random killer guess somehow worked out. Guess there weren't really many plausible options.
-He insists on a proper battle of wits. Atta boy.
-In comparison, this password was rather easy for me. Then again, you expect some knowledge from outside the case here.(not the most obscure facts, but still... xP) Well, your choice. SOmetimes the line between what can be asusme dto be common knowledge and what can't is hard to draw.
-(also in retrospect, that IS somewhat of a silly way to accuse someone of murder. It's just a name on a list, jeez. xD )
-Well played with entering twice. But I haven't forgotten about the guard shift! How do I point it out though...? I guess the list? Nope. Uhh... His own profile? Gotcha.
-Your argument is invalid~
-Aww he's pulling that card now~ Totally already got him.
-Don't tell me Cross is poisoned? Ohh boy that'd really be accounting for every possibility, Sir Culprit.
-He's totally doing the build-up on purpose so I die of poisoning before I figure out the truth D:
-convenient building architecture design flaws~
-Hmm it's gotta be the last statement. Everything else is obviously true.
-RANDOM PROFILE BRUTEFORCIN- oh what that actually worked? xD
-uber minor details ftw. I have to agree he's a cheater though.
-P-Prove it!? Can I...?
-omg the autopsy report actually makes sense now.
-I can already see him objecting to this though...
-Ohh man, a double present. Whyyyyy.
-HOLD IT! Of.... course.
-I wonder if I have to confidently state that I can't answer it here again.... Nnnnope.
-OH SNAP, NEW EVIDENCE. One ace after another, I'm proud of you. So this is how it feels to get pwnd by a guy who had the evidence to get himself off the hook with him all along.
-Ahhh super-objections nooo
-Okay I had to look at some clues for this one. I'll blame it on the fact it's 5 AM. :P I had the right theory, but didn't know how to show it. (you never really know whether the game wants profiles included or not or whatever. At least I'm horrible with that.)
-When in doubt, the killer hid the evidence!
-Well this is a weird turn of events. Mysterious guy pretending to be E, I have no clue who you are.
-to be explained in a sequel... iunno man... that last present felt fishy. Let's go back to that before hastily calling it a day here...
-Only Masterson really makes sense here, I guess? (tried him earlier, but maybe you have to actually watch for a while?)
-wat the christ. I mean I think I called him totally being the killer earlier iirc. But.. uh... well... still... wat.
-It's beautiful
-(lol at even being able to fail at the super present)
-Also please be poisoned now
-"Don't think too hard about it." At this point I'm just accepting whatever, trust me.
-Did I mention this is amazing? (I'll laugh at the people who buy the sequel stuff from earlier.
-...Failure is the only option? xD (Well I technically made it so the protagonist "wins" the argument, I guess?)
-Simply beautiful.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

My life is complete now. :3
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

So I'm not the only one who thought that a piece of evidence could be shown instead of a profile? Excellent.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

I have a stream-of-consiousness too, DWaM, but I'm going to post it in the comp thread once I finish judging xP
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

For DWaM, about flashback. :mrgreen:
Spoiler : Something Like This Was What I Meant Earlier :
Flashback sound
[Black screen, Cross speaking]: I was just going to finish one of my cases. I had gone through so many lies I never could count.
[Courtroom, defense bench. Cross slams his table.]
[Confident-sprite (a.k.a hand-to-hip-sprite). Cross speaking]: I got you now! Even fingerprints in that coffee mug make now sense. And for that mystery of door:
[Cross pointing and speaking. Epic music starts.]: You never turned that key in keyhole!
[Blue speedlines. Cross speaking]: You are the real murderer!
[Witness stand, witness speaking.]: No! Ms. Dawns! Say something, damnit!
[Prosecutor bench, Eileen speaking]: [Small pause] Prosecution rests it's case.
[Judge's bench, shocked Judge speaking]: Whaaat!? Do you know what you are doing?
[Prosecutor's bench, Eileen speaking]: Yes. I-Rest-My-Case.
[Witness stand, witness speaking]: NNNOOOOOOOO!!!
Flashback sound
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Hm... No, I actually like it the way it is. :P I understand that people might find it a bit... slow, but I think every line, relevant or not, can sorta add to a character, in a way. ^^"
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Or add to a slide-count...
No offense. :D
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

One way to look at it, I suppose.

In truth, I just don't like any short dialogue. To quote Evolina: "Everything in this trial is long." There's a reason for that - my style of writing just dictates that I make everything longer, regardless if it's dragging or not in reality.

[EDIT]: Also, added a walkthrough in the OP, because... well... Let's just say I found out just how far people came without a walkthrough. ^^"
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

DWaM wrote:One way to look at it, I suppose.

In truth, I just don't like any short dialogue. To quote Evolina: "Everything in this trial is long." There's a reason for that - my style of writing just dictates that I make everything longer, regardless if it's dragging or not in reality.

[EDIT]: Also, added a walkthrough in the OP, because... well... Let's just say I found out just how far people came without a walkthrough. ^^"
Not my fault. Nope. Nuh-uh. :side:
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Spoiler : Part One Report :
Creepy intro. Well, it looks like our killer has some sort of mental disorder.
Cross has a cough... This has to be important. Somehow.
"now you're complaining about [your] inevitable doom"
So Masterson can read people's expressions?
"drop dead whenever you speak[?]"
"Heh. [Tough] choice, I'll give you that."
"family friend, to be more [precise]"
"putting it [lightly]"
A defense attorney who not only is almost a witness, but also is a personal friend of the detective. This is going to get interesting.
Cross... Odd nickname.
Well, what a lively defendant.
Great. Everybody's defendant is confessing. (Well, maybe not enigma's. He hasn't released his trial.)
I love Cross's inner monologue after the confession.
He? Curse those ambiguously defined pronouns.
"still your lawyer, [whether] you like"
"you're lying[,] and you're really innocent"
"I am guilty[,] and you shrug it off"
Fantastic background music. Umineko?
"Currently, [five] murders"
"the police [suspect] there [are] more" (This one is a bit pickier, but a suspicion implies possibility, so "suspect there may" is redundant.)
"a wealthy [businessman]."
Crying... Sounds important.
The shot sent him through the window? That sounds wrong to me. A bullet shouldn't produce that much force.
"Groud fell [ten] stories down"
And also, I do love how you're able to use Trucy's sprites to make a serious and melancholy character. It makes Yalt a clear OC.
Was that thunder or a gavel?
Yeah... I don't know what to think of that judge.
Not the only thing that's loose... I don't get the joke, but I don't think that I want to.
"His face doesn't ring any bells to any of the judges" sounds awkward. "His face doesn't ring any bells" stands alone as an idiom. The most you can do with it is make a new clause in the same sentence, such as "His face doesn't ring any bells, but I could be wrong."
The pause on Dawns after the judge complains about kids seems too long.
"thinking about it, [it'd] been a lot more in"
A teenager and a mob boss? Odd choice of victims. I think it said earlier that all his victims lived in apartments.
"Employement" should be spelled "Employment".
Ah, the "locked room by witness".
Wait, the bullet was inside his chest... With this information, I think I can get an estimate of just how far that bullet would have flung him back.
A little over 3mm. (I'm assuming a 20 gram bullet, a 70 kilogram Groud, a bullet going at 400 m/s parallel to the line tangent to the Earth at that point, Groud had an initial velocity of 0 m/s, and a combined coefficient of friction of .2. The effects of air resistance, variations in gravitational attraction, impact with the window, and friction during the embedding of the bullet are neglected for simplicity.). Unless there's a massive problem somewhere in my math, there's no way that the force of the bullet-propelled body broke that window.
Gunpowder on the gloves... The gun was one of her collectibles... Not good.
I went through the introduction again and noticed something. Masterson already knows Yalt's name. How did that work?
Well, it certainly seems like a total contradiction. Let's see which route the prosecution takes.
"Masterson fed me as [much info] as he could"
"Hm. [Flattery] isn't one of the things they [taught] you in law school"
"as the prosecution likes to put it - [its] nature"
"Ignore your [testimonies] and look at the"
"Easily [explained] if you never"
The word is "coffee", not "coffe".
The Dawns-Moriarty dynamic is more complicated than I ever expected.
Why do we always get cut off at the important parts?
That quote from Poe sounds like the sort of thing that comes back to explain the locked room in the first place. All we need is some hole in the witness observation.
"Masterson is [referring] to this"
"conducted every day[,] and they couldn't risk"
An exchange every two hours... Sounds important.
"had the means and the [opportunity]"
"someone who wouldn't [want] to kill him"
"entire case out[,] and yet he doesn't"
You do love coded messages, don't you? (That reminds me, I need to get back to playing Denouement.)
Hmm... So the sender and recipient of the message have met, assuming the message to be genuine. Groud and Yalt? Something sounds subtly off.
Well, the locked room breaks pretty quickly given a murder before Yalt ever entered. And the autopsy... doesn't give a time of death. Or mention the fall.
Broken window, blood and not much else... Since the bullet didn't leave his body, it's a possible crime scene. You wouldn't expect much blood.
"[If Mr.] Groud's killer was unexpected"
"But guess what? There [weren't]."
THREE CHEERS FOR PHYSICS!
Cross has heard this lecture before... Expression, Routine, Behavior and Contradiction? This sounds like it'll be important later.
So many possible contradictions... What did I find, again?
* The autopsy report has no mention of the fall or even a time of death. Knowing whether it was pre- or -post-mortem is a crucial detail.
* If Groud called Yalt, Groud should have had a phone on his body.
* It's physically impossible for that bullet to have come anywhere close to pushing Groud through that window. Using some reasonable approximations, the bullet would have moved him a little over 3mm, neglecting the force required to send him through the window. Even accounting for error, he would have had to have been very close to the window to even touch it, much less break through it.
* People, such as Masterson, did enter the building after Yalt did. If he means that nobody entered between them, he should be more specific.
* Groud entered the building at 6, but the call to Yalt was placed at 8:15. Why the two-hour delay?
* How did Groud get a phone, and how did he know Yalt's number?
* Even if Yalt had somebody recommission the gun, it would have been for use as a magic prop. How did she get real bullets?
* Yalt couldn't have known where Groud was by following him. He arrived two hours earlier than she possible could have.
Thank you for the hint. Now let's OBJECT!
This reminds me of the GK2 pursuit theme.
The point is to give the physical condition of the body and hypothesize causes of the condition observed.
That's just low. The problem is huge. Pre-mortem injuries could be masked by post-mortem ones. Besides, how long after death did the fall occur?
"our "glorious" [judicial] system has"
"Give up now[,] and I won't ask for"
The counter-intuitive option is usually the best option.
Great... The prosecutor is a rationalizing dominator type.
"could he have not [known] this"
"went there [immediately and] conducted my own investigation"
"seems to [strongly] support the facts"
"quote one of the [officers] that took the call"
A person with a voice modulator with exclusive knowledge? Either the kiler, Yalt, or Groud himself.
Also... Started with interviews then office searches. Was on the floor below when the shot was heard.
"somewhat more [tedious]"
How he knew which office to be in and the means of escape... Important points to mention.
Combine Logic: "Cross picked the office" and "Killer picked the crime scene" and "Office directly under crime scene" and "Perfect alibi?"
"was trying to go [downstairs]?"
Phoenix Wright tried to go downstairs and a man rushed from upstairs, but "he" met the three of them...
Suspicious playing card is suspicious...
Masterson is in charge of the investigation, and E was related to Cross's father somehow...
Huh? If we're supposed to know about the card why is it a worst-case scenario?
"(It's impossible I'll be able to do anything if I just keep revolving around Masterson's point of view.)" is unclear.
The word is "confirmation", not "conformation".
"given you [a] signed witness statement"
"(...Hm. That was a perhaps wrong choice of words?)" is unclear.
The killer knows what's going on in the courtroom... I have vague suspicions of Masterson...
"(Funny [how] I was saying that just"
This witness is a loon, even by Ace Attorney standards.
"accused of murder here[,] and your testimony"
The witness to defense pan-over after Eisenhower repeats hia name and profession needs a timer.
"present his or [her] testimony when asked"
Didn't Masterson say there were three people, and then a person from upstairs. Cross and Moriarty are obvious, and if this guy was on that floor, he was either the hobo or there's somebody missing.
"in the world who [hates] you because you just"
She knew what she was doing... Contradicts the eighth problem I found in testimony one.
Office 913... I do wonder why this wasn't mentioned earlier. Come to think of it, it was mentioned that there were about a dozen offices per floor. 13 pushes that.
Something important... Wait, the sound of the window!
"that players [discovered] through that"
Yay, math! Also, this conversation is making my suspicion of Masterson go through the roof.
Of course. He was on a different floor.
Let's see what's changed.
Wait... He was first on the scene? That contradicts Masterson.
"the way [it's] set up"
Commotion... I do wonder how exactly Eisenhower knew which room/floor it was. Masterson and Cross knew because they were directly under it.
"this guy [have] to run"
There are multiple angles for me to attack this thing. On the one hand, I could argue that his surveillance is imperfect due to him going to the twelfth floor, but that isn't a contradiction per se. Alternatively, I could go after the fact that he had to descend three floors and he got there far too quick, especially if he only knew which floor and door contained the crime scene due to interpreting the signals of other people in the building. Again, not a clear contradiction. Then there's Masterson's testimony. I couldn't quite get what he said about the fourth person there, who I assume to be Eisenhower. Did the meeting occur on the stairwell or the door? Then, super-alternatively, the argument could be made that since he met Cross, Phoenix and Masterson at the crime scene, either of those three could have done it. Well, a deduction requirement is needed to make the three floor contradiction, so that's most likely.
What the... I was checking Cross, Masterson and the Visitor's List against the last statement and I forgot that you can't present evidence on that present, so I randomly selected Groud. I was right. What?!
Oh, it's pointing out the imperfect surveillance problem in a roundabout manner. Good enough for me.
Here we go, contradiction! The killer had to be sandwiched between the various parties, but it was possible for the killer to dash into another room in the ninth floor. He may have gotten to the tenth floor, before Eisenhower, but that's improbable. Even then, he would have most likely been seen. (The ninth floor can be assumed vacant due to the number of witnesses.) Alternatively, it could mean manipulation of the time of death.
Eisenhower was going to add something... And it was probably important.
He didn't abandon "me", but "they" can't see a thing and "you" are brilliant? Blasted pronouns!
Part end. Yay.
I'll try to devise a theory or two before proceeding. I'm not quite sold on the person I'm suspecting at this point.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Why didn't you post the invisiclues for part 3? :P
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

After thinking it over, I have my theory.
Spoiler : Running Theory :
First, let's assemble the parameters necessary to create the impossible crime.

1. At some point in time, between 8 PM and 9 PM on October 14th, a gunshot was heard from Room 913 of Powers Employment Offices.
2. At this same point in time, the bullet that produced the gunshot punctured Groud's left lung, killing him within three minutes.
3. The killer was in the room where the crime occurred.
4. Only Yalt and Groud were at the place of death and the time of death.
5. Groud did not commit suicide.

Examining these, it would be a cheap end if it was a suicide all along. Assuming conditions one and two, condition four is a fact unless a person was able to hide on Floor 9 and then escape the lockdown without suspicion. Condition three is a possible problem, but because Yalt's prints are on the gloves, this is highly unlikely. Condition one is a fact. So, what's left?

The core of my theory is breaking condition two. I maintain that Groud was already dead before the gunshot was heard. The obvious problem is that the gunshot is the listed cause of death in the autopsy report, but the autopsy report is unreliable. In ignoring all injuries that could reasonably have been inflicted by the fall, it prematurely eliminates several potential causes of death. As proof of my theory, I present the Visitor's List and the Cell Phone. Groud arrived approximately two hours before he supposedly called Christine. Either he waited two hours before deciding to do something, or the person who placed the call was not him. Possiblity one is unlikely, so possibility two is favored. If a different person placed the call, they ran the risk of the real E showing up. This leads to a high probability of E being dead before the call was placed.

I accuse Masterson of this murder. Although no solid evidence of his guilt exists, Masterson knew Christine Yalt's name at the time of arrest, even though it was established that the only items she had on her person were the card, the gun, and the cell phone. Further, the killer knew what was happening in court during the time that Masterson was on the stand.

I suspect that Groud escaped through some unknown, coincidental method. Masterson received the anonymous tip about E, but he followed it far before he claims. He found and killed Groud, perhaps through a beating or torque applied to the neck. Perhaps he wanted revenge on Groud for something related to Cross's father. However, Masterson had to conceal the brutality used. He left and summoned Yalt, using his own burn phone. (Masterson used a different alias for entering and leaving.) Yalt knew Masterson and wanted to conceal his crime for some unknown reason. It is likely that she is in law enforcement despite her young age, explaining the presence of gun and bullets as well as the encryption. She willingly took the fall.

She propped Groud's body, somehow unnoticed, against the window and fired. The killing blow was on the chest, so she taped the card to Groud's body over the wound, intent on removing the anomaly with the gunshot. As expected, the force of the bullet shattered the window. Not only did this create a fake cause of death, but the real cause of death was made inconspicuous.