[T] Turnabout Curtain ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Re: [GK2♫][T][CE] Turnabout Curtain ○

Post by Gav »

Spoiler : :
Just finished the prologue. Well done.

Current theory: Prometheus is either Kristoph Gavin, Beatrice, or the victim (can't remember her name). Beatrice blackmailed Wright into burning down the mansion and killing himself. From these theories, we can conclude that the victim is not really dead and that the dead body was probably disguised and killed some time before the day/night. Finally, I believe that someone will find an incriminating piece of evidence against Shannon, not there before the fire - of course, meaning that the fire was only a distraction. I'll play a bit of Undone tonight and the rest tomorrow afternoon! Nice work!
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Glad you're enjoying it so far, Gav. :D

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
eighthbit
Spoken languages: English

Post by eighthbit »

So, I'm going to play this later, seeing that it contains...
Chiru elements. :tigre:
'Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.'
-Elbert Hubbard
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

eighthbit wrote:
So, I'm going to play this later, seeing that it contains...
Chiru elements. :tigre:
The funny thing is... I interpreted the red in a different way... And it still works! :3

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : short because tired :
Uh huh... I think I'll have to agree with Gumpei's summation on this one. Quite the crazy trip.
For having relatively little gameplay, considering the length, what was there was always pretty well-implemented.
Story-wise I'm in a pleasant state of cluelessness as to what's going on and a somewhat more questionable state of being creeped out by almost all the characters. Way to go.
Haven't done this in a while, but...
Approved.
AquaAce72

Post by AquaAce72 »

Oh no...
I named the mystery man "Wright"... I'm starting to regret that.

This is getting confusing. :random:

EDIT: Now that I see his sprite, I suppose I should call him the Mister E man. :P
Last edited by AquaAce72 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

EVERYONE KEEPS NAMING ??? PHOENIX WRIGHT OR APOLLO JUSTICE THANK GOODNESS FOR REDUNDANCIES.
Now that I've gotten THAAAAT out of the way...
Blackrune wrote:
Spoiler : short because tired :
Uh huh... I think I'll have to agree with Gumpei's summation on this one. Quite the crazy trip.
For having relatively little gameplay, considering the length, what was there was always pretty well-implemented.
Story-wise I'm in a pleasant state of cluelessness as to what's going on and a somewhat more questionable state of being creeped out by almost all the characters. Way to go.
Haven't done this in a while, but...
Approved.
Ooh. Blackrune approved. Me likes this. :D
bjc72 wrote:Oh no...
I named the mystery man "Wright"... I'm starting to regret that.

This is getting confusing. :random:
Haha, don't worry, it won't be too bad. You'll understand sooner or later. :p

Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Kwando: Aren't you glad I anticipated those choices in testing and asked that you add them???
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Yes, yes I am. Good thing you did that indeed.

At least nobody has gone the Gumpei route so far. :D

AquaAce72

Post by AquaAce72 »

I was quite enjoying this trial until the logic battles...
at which point I became indescribably excited and immersed into the game. I mean, dang, the entire thing was great, but the logic game at the end was just fantastic.

I spent like 30 minutes thinking about the third mystery, but it's the only I couldn't solve. Is there some kind of alternate ending to the prologue if you get all the correct answers, or do you just get the third question answered?

Off-topic: Is Umineko anything like that logic game? If so, I'm gonna need to give it another chance, lol.
ventuswings

Post by ventuswings »

Spoiler : Part 2 spoiler :
Well, I must say that had been quite a mind-mixer. I had expected Phoenix Wright disguising his death, but constantly found myself being blown after revelation of Apollo's trial on Present Day. Breaking all the rules indeed. This would probably have made for excellent SoC, but since I was too concentrating to write one you get jumbled mess of initial impressions.

I myself... have little idea what's going on here, but story was done really well and sometimes scary, even discounting the troll-Beato jump scares I found to be weak at :(

Also interesting that you could 'miss' out some clues during investigation based on the order of place you visit. Combined with all the multiple choices, clearly there'll be True Ending which makes me still dubious whether Apollo is true murderer even with the red truth- I mean, there were several seemingly contradictory red truths like 'he [Phoenix Wright] was dead' thrown around already. At least it's heavily foreshadowed that there is mastermind behind the scenes...

Speaking of third party, pretty surprised about Shannon making quick exit (or at least that's what I felt from her conversation with Cross). Though the latter trial might be centered around confrontation between Cross and Justice, thought she'd get more than brief mention considering her prominence on the prologue. Actually, I'm not even sure Apollo's roots are canon anymore. Hard to see how he'd react so strongly to Umineko incident without being closely involved (especially with his strong reaction at judge using what is claimed to be stolen gold), which is unlikely if he's Grameye- but then there is Trucy argh.

Also closed room and another, magically disappearing gun? :?
Probably should hold off actual theorizing until I can get my mind sorted out on what's going on.

Again, splendid trial and I hope the latter parts get completed soon!
turnabout Chaos
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by turnabout Chaos »

Prolouge, part 1 genius, pure genius.
Part 2: CROSS!??? WTF!? That killer is in on this!?
"it would make us liars.Claiming that we are something, while at the same time standing on the side of the exact opposite."
Says the guy who killed who knows how many people and masterminded his scapegoat's murder.
I ended up getting the paradox ending. what was the real ending?
Last edited by Tap on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No double posting, please!
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

bjc72 wrote:I was quite enjoying this trial until the logic battles...
at which point I became indescribably excited and immersed into the game. I mean, dang, the entire thing was great, but the logic game at the end was just fantastic.

I spent like 30 minutes thinking about the third mystery, but it's the only I couldn't solve. Is there some kind of alternate ending to the prologue if you get all the correct answers, or do you just get the third question answered?

Off-topic: Is Umineko anything like that logic game? If so, I'm gonna need to give it another chance, lol.
Oh dear God, it is a lot like the logic game. You just have to wait for an episode and a half.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Well, glad everyone's enjoying it! :D
Honestly, I never quite expected for people to be confused above all else... Oh, well, I suppose that came from the fact that I know the actual answer, but...
bjc72 wrote:I was quite enjoying this trial until the logic battles...

I'm glad you liked it. The riddles won't come back to have revelation later, but to put you all at ease -- no, they will not effect your ability to get a good end. :P

We were originally going to have more rounds, but fearing that our time is going to be cut soon, we went with a bang, I guess you could say. XD
ventuswings wrote:
Spoiler : Part 2 spoiler :
Well, I must say that had been quite a mind-mixer. I had expected Phoenix Wright disguising his death, but constantly found myself being blown after revelation of Apollo's trial on Present Day. Breaking all the rules indeed. This would probably have made for excellent SoC, but since I was too concentrating to write one you get jumbled mess of initial impressions.

I myself... have little idea what's going on here, but story was done really well and sometimes scary, even discounting the troll-Beato jump scares I found to be weak at :(

Also interesting that you could 'miss' out some clues during investigation based on the order of place you visit. Combined with all the multiple choices, clearly there'll be True Ending which makes me still dubious whether Apollo is true murderer even with the red truth- I mean, there were several seemingly contradictory red truths like 'he [Phoenix Wright] was dead' thrown around already. At least it's heavily foreshadowed that there is mastermind behind the scenes...

Speaking of third party, pretty surprised about Shannon making quick exit (or at least that's what I felt from her conversation with Cross). Though the latter trial might be centered around confrontation between Cross and Justice, thought she'd get more than brief mention considering her prominence on the prologue. Actually, I'm not even sure Apollo's roots are canon anymore. Hard to see how he'd react so strongly to Umineko incident without being closely involved (especially with his strong reaction at judge using what is claimed to be stolen gold), which is unlikely if he's Grameye- but then there is Trucy argh.

Also closed room and another, magically disappearing gun? :?
Probably should hold off actual theorizing until I can get my mind sorted out on what's going on.

Again, splendid trial and I hope the latter parts get completed soon!
Thank you very much. :)
Yeah, it was a pain to do, but yes, I wanted for the investigation to actually feel like an investigation (aka, sometimes, by the will of fate, you might just not be able to have it all). Not to mention, some of the clues you get will end up having an effect later on, so... Hope you picked the lesser of a bunch of evils! :D

Of course, I can't comment on your thoughts on the story, but hey - the fact that you aren't that confused that you can speculate is good. :3
turnabout Chaos wrote:
I ended up getting the paradox ending. what was the real ending?
The case isn't finished yet, but the fact that you got the Paradox end means that you made a few wrong choices down the path (If you happened to get "At Redemption's Door", then just change at least one choice you made down the path, and I'm pretty sure you'll be good to go).
ventuswings

Post by ventuswings »

Spoiler : Puzzle spoiler :
Yeeeeeees, got it right on my first serious hypothesis! (not 'working' because thought it kinda conflicted with one of red truths but couldn't see any other way... more on that via PM) :D
I was actually thinking it was bit of a waste not to use this mystery as actual trial, but now I can see why. Too much Chess. Bit disappointed that it didn't seem to make any difference though. Still, the entertainment value of shocking Shannon out of her expectations was well worth it. Had far more satisfaction out of that than I should have.

Thanks for the puzzle! Now nothing more to do than wait I guess :?