[T] Turnabout Curtain ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Turnabout Curtain ●

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : Thanks! :
It was Apollo's profile! I had presented it to Edgeworth before talking to Gavin (since I always go through the present convos first) and I didn't think to present it again. Thank you!
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : Here's hoping I can get another hint? I'd rather get a hint than turn to the walkthrough right away. :
I'm stuck on Deliah Gate's first testimony. I feel like the problem is that if "Apollo" had an awesome disguise that made him unrecognizable to his boss, Phoenix Wright, then why didn't he go to the mansion wearing his awesome disguise? That way, if anyone saw him, like Deliah Gate, no one would know it was him. But I don't know how I would present that. Or am I on the wrong track?
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Spoiler : 1 :
You don't need to press anything at all to solve the CE. One present at one statement will do.
Spoiler : 2 :
What you're trying to do at the moment isn't the right path at all. Instead of arguing against the testimony, you only need to prove that the culprit couldn't have been Apollo.
Spoiler : 3 :
Technically, this problem could have arisen earlier - without Delia supposedly screwing up - if anyone had just said, "hey, if 'this' is true, how could Apollo have done it at all?" The characters could easily have caught onto the problem sooner.
Spoiler : 4 :
The moment you "disprove" Apollo's guilt here, you'll be easily able to make an accusation as to the culprit's identity.
Spoiler : 5 :
There's a couple of statements that address multiple things. Try splitting those ones up to simplify them and see if you can attack one of them once you've separated it.
Spoiler : 6 :
The issue has nothing to do with the identity of "Mr. Hyde," so statement 4 is out.
Spoiler : 7 :
It's also got nothing to do with Deliah's whereabouts, so statement 5 is out, too. Although there should be a way to make Deliah look responsible, even without that statement.
Spoiler : 8 :
I mean really, if you're accusing someone, culprit + key will never, ever fail
Spoiler : 9 :
With the logic we're supposed to follow, only Deliah could have even had the chance to make the locked room, because...
Spoiler : Answer :
The key is always in Deliah's posession. How could Apollo have "locked up" anyone without it?
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

@Spyromed: Ohhhhh... I see now. Thanks!

EDIT: I finished playing and HOLY HECK THAT WAS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEEEN!!!!!!!

I just -- I don't know how you do it, DWaM! Like -- WOW. Anyway, before I write "wow" twenty more times, I'll sign off. I might write more later, but I just wanted you to know that you blew me away again.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

And now for a calmer, proper summation of my thoughts.
Spoiler : Spoilers, of course :
Like I said, I really really enjoyed this case. You had me mesmerized from start to finish. People have already said a lot of things, so I don't have much to add besides that I thought the ghost-possession business was foreshadowed very well. I mean, I knew that there had to be something important about Grandfather Hyde's cult, whether it be part of the motive or something more supernatural, and the way "Hyde" transformed so completely during the trial also kind of hints at something unnatural going on. Really, I was more worried that you'd go for the split personality angle, what with the name of "Mr. Hyde," so the ghost twist truly surprised and fascinated me in a very good way. And it's fitting, I thought. An impossible solution for an impossible crime.

Honestly, there are only two things that bother me. The first is that I feel like when you present Dorian's photo to say that Apollo is Apollo and yet isn't Apollo because Verity is dead, you should also be able to present Jeremiah Hyde's profile, since it mentions his cult (and presumably his cult had SOMETHING to do with Verity's strange powers, since we've never seen a ghost do that before). Also about the photo, what is that yellow smoke in the picture and why does no one notice it? I am still confused about that.

But anyway, those are just two small nitpicks. You really engaged me through the whole case, the story was something I've never seen before, and the whole case is focused and presents itself phenomenally. Also, the way you timed the music with the dialogue in the Apollo and Verity's soul battle thing was incredible and felt really powerful. In short, it's really awesome, which is what I've been saying the whole time, so I'll stop now. Thank you for making such a brilliant fancase.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm (finally) playing this. I'm not sure what to think of the case just yet, but I'm at the riddle. I have a question or two to start out with...
Spoiler : :
Currently, there are two sets of timestamps for 8:10. One has everybody in the library, and the other has them dispersed. Have I missed something? I double-checked, and I'm definitely playing 1.01. Unless there's some wordplay for "representatives"...
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Enthalpy wrote:I'm (finally) playing this. I'm not sure what to think of the case just yet, but I'm at the riddle. I have a question or two to start out with...
Currently, there are two sets of timestamps for 8:10. One has everybody in the library, and the other has them dispersed. Have I missed something? I double-checked, and I'm definitely playing 1.01. Unless there's some wordplay for "representatives"...
darn it, who got the magic golden pocketwatch?
Mr. Onizuka
Spoken languages: English, Español

Post by Mr. Onizuka »

Finally played this case (left it hanging in my PyWright subfolder for a long while), and what can I say but: congratulations. Your stories always manage to captivate me, and this time wasn't the exception.

Some comments about the actual case:
  • I still think that the amount of banter Apollo receives is a little too much under certain contexts (for example, during the first "trial"), but still... this time, they were way funnier than other cases I've played. Maybe what I'm trying to say: it makes the whole thing a little bit unrealistic... but, hey, it somehow works to make the player keep their attention, so... heck, I don't even have anything decisive to say about this. Make of this point what you will.
  • At first, the whole Ghost twist was srt of weird to me. I also expected an Apollo split-personality twist... it felt sort of out of place... but hey! In a world where spirit mediums are there, it's sort of possible for this to happen, right? I have two side notes about this: first, by that point, I had totaly forgotten about Jeremiah's cult (in fact, without you walkthrough, I couldn't have passed this part...good thing you don't get a penalty here), and second, even as of now, my mind can't quite make the link between Verity's ghost and the cult.
  • This case wasn't easy, but I must commend you for how well implemented the clues were. They were subtle, but they were just what I needed to solve the crime (welp, except for that little detail in the previous bullet point). I feel a los of accomplishment for finishing this almost entirely on my own hahaha. So yeah, I guess that's a good sign.
  • Strange but interesting ending. Still, pretty easy to comprehend. I remember one of your cases (I think it as the "Empty Turnabout") had an ending that left me with a weird impression, like that wasn't the end, or that I needed more explanations. This didn't happen here, and everything was wrapped up neatly (maaaaaaaaaybe there's something a little bit weird with Tiala not even noticing he was being recorded in the end... but heck, it's just a little detail, and not even worth the effort to change it)
Well, I guess that's that. Congratulations again: your storytelling and the mysteries you present are thrilling, and really well explained. I hope to see more of what you come up with haha :D . Take care!
PhoenixRises123

Post by PhoenixRises123 »

I actually finished this case and it was great! But What exactly is DWaM gonna do now? Since I've been hearing that this will maybe, be his last trial. Or is he working on a super duper mystery game? who knows, but I'll be waiting soooonnn....
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : major spoilers :
DWAMMIT

I SAID "VERITY HYDE" IN THE STREAM

I HAVE PROOF THAT I DID

I HAVE WITNESSES, I HAVE THE VIDEO

DWAMMIT DWAMMIT DWAMMIT

ps: the riddle was still too easy
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

i can't believe it's been over a year since dwam released his last case.....................................
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Gumpei wrote:i can't believe it's been over a year since dwam released his last case.....................................
i can't believe it's been over two weeks since phase 3 was released.................................
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

DWaM wrote:
Gumpei wrote:i can't believe it's been over a year since dwam released his last case.....................................
i can't believe it's been over two weeks since phase 3 was released.................................
i can't believe it's not butter.................................

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

none of those dates are accurate

i dont get it

whats the joke you two
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

DWaM wrote:
actually phase 3 started with civil war which was released like four months ago are you even paying attention dwam