[T] Turnabout Curtain ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Turnabout Curtain ●

Post by DWaM »

Good, saved me the trouble of needing to double post.

The art for the banner was made by hersh!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Nice job, once again, Heshy~ ^^

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Hannelore

Post by Hannelore »

I was so excited to see this, and more excited because it is now in PyWright, given that my internet allowance is much happier with PyWright :pearlhappy:

Not so happily, I seem to have gotten myself stuck :gumshoe:
Spoiler : :
I just finished the murder mystery puzzle, and got to Dorian's apartment. I thought I only had to examine in the room the kitchen and the calendar because everything else I try doesn't do anything. The thing is, I am quite confused because this is how the walk-through in the game folder goes:

(at Dorian's house)
Exhaust all talk options.
Examine -> the calendar and the kitchen
Move -> Wright Anything Agency
Point to the bracelet
Present -> Whatever
I'm super confused because
what bracelet am I pointing at? Is this to 'examine' because I can't find anything. Something missing here?
Also, I was looking at the
script files and I'm not very good with this sort of thing so I could be misunderstanding, but for the story29tiala.talk file, the notepad ends with Tiala saying we can look around, and then the next notepad file is story30.script which seems to be talking about visiting Apollo at the detention centre. Shouldn't the next one have been the stuff about the calendar and the drugs found in the apartment? Or at the very least, given that the walkthrough is mentioning a 'bracelet', shouldn't there be something about that? I know I don't understand this code stuff very well ^^; but given that I can't seem to follow the walkthrough I was wondering if the code had something to do with it :)
I am lacking in sleep right now, so I am probably being silly and misunderstanding something basic though XD

Absolutely loving this case, by the way! :D

EDIT: Actually, looking at the walkthrough in general
the walkthrough looks really short and like a big chunk is missing. It goes:
Move -> Wright Anything Agency
Point to the bracelet
Present -> Whatever

PART 2
Present Deliah's Profile on Statement 8

Do you think the file didn't download properly? Does anyone else have this?
EDIT EDIT: I did just try re-downloading the file, but the walkthrough still looks the same. Thoughts? :)
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Um...
So... do we post this stuff here or on CR
...May as well boost the postcount here.
(Also, Curtain 1 isn't public, so v6 will eventually suck it into the void of private trials, just saying...)
Spoiler : SoC with Curtain 1 spoilers probably :
Prologue
* No Hanging Edge on the music list. Literally what could drive someone to make this change 0/10
* That pause before / shake on "sister" is totally not suspicious.
* So I guess Dahlia was Prometheus' sister after all.
* Funny that Beato's here, I thought for sure that subplot would be dropped.
* "Undefined:list.remove(x): x not in list
scene:'story1.script', line '0'
Oh, PyWright...
* AAAAAAAAAARRRGHH I REMEMBER THESE TEXT BLEEPS
* "no. 3" -> No. 3
* you what. where is my darling hobo
* Oh, so... is this the original Lure trial?
* Apparently so.
* It was lobby 3, but courtroom 4. Is this an inconsistency or is that not how it works?
* > Not murder
* is lure's theme... an eerie remix of the mario underground theme now?
* "thinkin'" Cowgirl Trucy what
* Is this an undisguised Prometheus
* ...Payne? O...kay.
* helen what... RiP Dahlia Hollows - You were dead from the start anyways
* Kinda wish that the "she got the pipe beforehand, so she couldn't have been trying to kill her" thing was a bit more in the hand of the player but oh well
* inb4 Dorian is Prometheous
* please just be called Mike. You need no surname. You are perfect
* something on your mind? no. well there's literally nothing on his goddamn *FACE* either phoenix you wANNA BRING THAT UP???
* "but your face says "yes"." undoubtedly
* holy crap the presentation just got turned up to 11 - Recolored Apollo, scroll to Phoenix, the background subtley changes color, and even the UI changes to blue.
* c'mon everyone knows videogame characters only have one set of clothes
* "And yet, she picked me." Nice ventriloquism.
* Is this a Shannon replacement?
* Delia = Dahlia ?
* ah, damn. Guess the Umineko plot was dropped after all. Or at least, Shannon's part in it.
* Okay, guess Apollo can't speak in any frames with that eyes closed sprite...
* The line about keeping the place tidy by herself is still intact, so it really is important.
* I'm not really seeing the "flirting" this time around
* That one remark about Klavier x Apollo was Apollo's motive the entire time.
* I can't tell if this deja vu thing is a meta joke or actually part of the story
* We came from where the library was before?
* Nice, original Lure theme is back.
* I like this bracelet / magatama mystery.
* ...What the fuuu...?
* So Apollo is now Lure's son? What?
* really not hiding Apollo's guilt/"guilt" this time, huh...?
* "Yup, called it." Touché.
* Prometheus' voice being quiet is kinda distracting...
* "skull-cracking lunatic"'s line break is sorta weird.
* "m' name?" Not really how he acted...
* Also his voice is normal volume, so... probably not Prometheus at all.
* Okay, so I guess it's just Apollo on the phone.
* --or not. Now we're... defending Apollo? That's certainly... different.

Part 1
* To be continued... immediately
* Why didn't he just record the call or something
* Relation to Alita Tiala?
* How'd you make all these black and white "sketch" images, anyways?
* oh god not this Umi track...
* "Well. Sh*t." My thoughts exactly.
* Maybe these two people are different? One is someone pretending to be Apollo, and the one with his face in the shot really is him?
* Gate could just have hidden the blood under her clothes without washing it off...
* You're not a kid any more. You're a squid any more.
* Hobbes being Prometheus seems a little too obvious, actually...
* how do you pronounce "ha--(d)--ve"
* So that's the relevance of the green text
* helllllo VLR music
* "I can never get over the fact how big Edgeworth's office is" is weirdly phrased
* how is edgeworth assigning a competent prosecutor and detective helpful?
* "You're lying. I did naht hit heir. I did naht."
* ...Is this a real plot hole in 4-1? I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention it, if it is.
* "hire her adopted son." Well good to know Curtain 2 isn't any less insane than the first
* Although... how would Apollo not recognise Lure, if this is the case?
* Evidence for Hyde being there... say, are there split endings in this version? If there are, I have a feeling getting this right leads to a different one.
* No, no, Gate. YOU enjoy reading mystery novels, remember?
* waitwait
* Shannon's riddles are back?
* Oh, DeadAngle. This one's good.
* no not the red truth ;-;
* Hm... at 8:10, everyone gathers in the library, but at the same minute, green and red are in the library. So the meeting was pretty short, at the very least.
* "of their respective victims." gets cut off to "victim"
* Well, the "trap" red ensures that it's not the same solution as Curtain 1's third riddle, because poison would kill whilst they're not in the other person is not in the room, so...
* Well that first solution didn't work
* Oh hang on. "Device" or "contraption." Maybe poison doesn't come under that. In which case, the original's solution works here.
* And now I see there's a walkthrough. With the relevant part removed anyway, thanks Dio.
* Um... Phoenix doesn't seem to have a text blip here, and his mouth isn't moving. Just staying open when talking and closing when he's not.
* Well with Hobbes dead, the most out there thing I have is that Mike is Prometheus, and he's the killer. Except you've already had a detective killer so... ruling it out for meta reasons?
* Hm... I'm not buying this note thing. Nobody should have to write down such a simple plan, and then not scribble over it or something.
* His bracelet is on a different arm, sure. But... how... is that... relevant to him flipping out?
* ...has curtain really been identical twin this whole time?
* "Nothing at all. The magician will be elated." Perhaps this identical twin thing is intentional, then...
* lets go with verity and hope for some funny flavor text
* Hey there, Yalt.

Part 2
* With the "gender: take a guess" thing, coupled with the sihlouette half of his face, I am now genuinely considering hyde to be Verity.
* I have a feeling that the reveal that "Apollo" is not apollo was a bit too soon, but let's see where this is all going...
* The Armando thing actually made me laugh. Damn.
* Moe why
* I remember this CE music... from Empty, right?
* More Empty music for the objection.
* um... So I chose "Why feign unconsciousness" and then "why not kill Gate," but then PyWright errored and now I'm on the correct path, which was... not the same path.
* Not really sure it's fair to have the player pretend to not know that Gate "can't be guilty" because of the reasons discussed earlier in the case.
* I suppose we claim that she used Apollo/Hyde's clothes? ...Apparently there's a MUCH better idea...
* oic, that is a better idea.
* That whole Delia confessing thing was pretty clever
* Glad to see this CE music's back
* Why has Apollo got... a tree stump out the back of his hair now?
* ...What actual evidence is there that Apollo is "guilty" that we can use? There's no secret passage evidence, so... how do we say "look at Apollo walk out that passage right now! He's the killer" or whatever
* Oh never mind, it's just Hobbes.
* Ouch, that press conversation for the first statement gave the answer away a bit too clearly, if it's the whole "dust" thing
* Oh, wrong statement. "Dorian Hobbes. One of the victim's associates" as worth a shot, though
* How did the note get in the apartment... Did Mike put it there?
* Oh good, the issue about "why the hell would you need to write this" is actually a contradiction
* Did he tamper with the depression meds, too?
* "should..." "serves as evidence for"...
* Phoenix stop laying out the whole crime, you're gonna hit the roadblock of "how did he create the locked room"...
* We now have to... find his identity? We have the same amount of info from before, though...
* ...Wait, Verity was actually RIGHT?
* Phoenix's pose here is going... inconsistent.
* Yay, they acknowledged the wild guess from the investigation
* Oh. Damn.
* So what, the "Apollo" from canon games was Verity the whole time, and this is the real real real Apollo?
* One explanation would be Mike tampering with it all... which doesn't work.
* ?????????????
* Oh. Spirit mediums?
* Not sure how someone is actually supposed to thing "spirit that possesses people" by presenting the photo.
* What about those scenes where Apollo is trapped? Are they just some metaphor, or...?
* Uh... so do we have to believe in something more than spirit mediums - spirits who can willfully possess, just... right now?
* "Well, I've donea lot of things"
* The scene where Verity forces Pheonix to do as she says is... perfect.
* ...Oh, what the...
* Holy crap.
* Um... so why can't Verity just... leave Apollo's body, and then his whole self sacrifice thing will fail?
* Also, that line of white pixels that should be black during the black/white breakdown is sorta distracting.

Epilogue
* Why is there a "do as you are told" line in the walkthrough for the previous part? It's not like there's anything else to do other than click the advance frame button...
* Oh. Ohhh... was it really Groud this whole time? Verity really does become him?
* Oh hey, it's the breaking the glass scene from Curtain 1
* If this is Apollo, that means the Groud thing isn't true...
* Hey, he is related to Alita. Although I thought he'd be her father or something
* please have recorded mike's confession
* oh no, the faceless is contagious
* hey, he actually did.
Spoiler : Summary? & Curtain 1 spoilers :
Well, it was great, of course. The only major complaints are...
* The first CE. The player already knows why Gate can't be the culprit, because of the reasons given during the investigation. Granted, Verity didn't know them, but... it's hard for it to feel fair when the player has to "forget" stuff they know.
* The whole "spirit" thing out of nowhere. The spirit chanelling stuff can only really be accepted because it's introduced fully before the first case that really uses it as a part of its crime (intro'd in 1-2, then used first in 2-2). Since this isn't channeling so much as "dead person who can possess people," it's hard to believe, considering it came out of nowhere...
* Also, why is it that Verity couldn't just leave Apollo's body at the end of the case, rather than "going down with him," which is what Apollo's sacrifice was for? It should be a pretty hard hitting scene, probably the best in the whole case, but that hole was quite distracting...

Also, not really a complaint, but... there was some stuff about a "true end" in the scripts for the investigation. Are there multiple endings to this one, or is that from early in development and was later scrapped or something?

Oh yeah, and... no Hanging Edge. Major complaint.

It's definitely nice to see the case finished, at last. Granted, it doesn't help resolve some of the plot lines from Curtain 1 - Shannon's killings/Beatrice, Adele Skye, the Cross/Phoenix stuff (maybe Phoenix gained a similar ability to Verity, who knows...), but the fact that the main plotline was resolved is a plus (and I have a feeling that Verity/Apollo were meant to become Groud, initially, but that's just speculation). I do think that the more hectic feeling of all the first game's tangled plotlines was a bit better, but can definitely see why you dropped a few of them.
Anyway, if this is the "end" of what you make of trials, it was a great way to finish off. Pretty much echoing everyone else, but thanks for making them in the first place.
Last edited by Reverie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

@Hannelore: I was actually stuck there for a bit as well.
The thing is, the investigation isn't completely linear. (you can get to that location even if you missed some other things. I'd recommend looking for other stuff in the walkthrough you didn't do, or just go around and present some more things to people. For me it involved going back to Edgeworth and presenting some more things, I think.

...and since it feels weird to just drop by and not say anything about the case, uh...
Spoiler : Some random thoughts (possible spoilers for entire case obv) :
Well, it's definitely more focused. Like Curtain with most of the crazy(/excessive?) stuff taken out. So instead of worrying about what is going on in general, in THIS version of Curtain I could actually worry about the actual crime. (well, there are still some things. Like the mystery puzzle, but... why not I guess.) Funnily enough, given the solution, I feel like Shannon talking about unfair mysteries in the original finally makes more sense. I guess that sort of ominous dialogue wouldn't have really fit with the new tone of this investigation though.
And the Gavin scene in the original finally makes more sense now, too. (even though the whole Gavin subplot seems to be kind of... random isn't the word. The story feels like it would have worked just fine without it. Like, all it really did was add even MORE stress to the situation, but it didn't feel like it turned out to be really that related or useful. Admittedly, Gavin always makes for entertaining scenes so I'm not complaining. Just kind of wondering if there was more of a point/intention to it... that's a lot of stuff to say in parentheses.)

Also, I have to say that even though the investigation is more down-to-earth now, it was still really really good. Probably because it wans't just investigating the scene, but all the other stuff like trailing that guy etc. It just had the right mix of an intriguing crime, but also other characters doing intriguing things. Well, you get what I mean. (I hope)

About the trial... I really liked that as well. The most interesting part here was that we got to make the arguments for both sides. Instead of the prosecutor just saying "nope" and refuting whatever theory we just came up with, we had to... well, do that. Which is kind of funny, you come up with theories and then figure out why they're wrong yourself. Really gave it the feel of a deductive process. (and then Hyde pulled out a secret passage... but hey, you got to make the arguments where it's possible at least)

It also had a good back-and-forth dynamic, with neither of the two sides appearing to be in an obviously superior position. That's generally much more interesting than one side being 'in control' for most of the trial no matter what you show them.

Right.. the solution. Can't say I guessed it, though I feel like there was a decent amount of hints. (like the victim hearing footsteps at night, memory loss.) Which should say something, as that's a really risky solution to pull. (heck, I'd probably worry to no end what people would think of it.) So props for going with that. I don't think I'd have liked it as the solution to the original Curtain, but it fit in decently here. Well, it probably IS impossible to guess. Like, even at the present I just assumed it would have to be an elaborate disguise scheme. It COULD have explained the memory loss somehow. (as in, she never actually lost her memories. There were simply two maids walking around in the mansion for some time and she drew the wrong conclusions when she heard about herself doing stuff she didn't remember doing.) Actual supernatural stuff goes completely against all expectations a player can have here, especially since it also introduced a completely new rule to them. (possessing people without needing a medium) Regardless, it still... worked for me in the sense that it explained stuff perfectly and took the story in an interesting direction.

tl;dr Good case. I'm really glad you ended up making this to give some closure to Curtain.
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

Spyromed wrote:
Spoiler : SoC with Curtain 1 spoilers probably :
* And now I see there's a walkthrough. With the relevant part removed anyway, thanks Dio.
Blame DWaM.

Total times sued: 10328
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

@Hannelore:
...One line.

I forgot to add one line in the walkthrough.
Spoiler : The line :
Present Jeremiah's profile to Edgeworth.
@Spyro:

Responses in red and whatnot

There's not much for me to comment on in the SoC, since most of the stuff I want to comment on is in the "thoughts" section (and the other things you found as bugs were either the result of PyWright borking up for no reason or it being intentional). There is one bug during the first CE that's a bit weird, but I think it should be fixed now in the next update (whenever it comes around).
Spyromed wrote:
Spoiler : Summary? & Curtain 1 spoilers :
Well, it was great, of course. The only major complaints are...
* The first CE. The player already knows why Gate can't be the culprit, because of the reasons given during the investigation. Granted, Verity didn't know them, but... it's hard for it to feel fair when the player has to "forget" stuff they know.

That's the whole puzzle, though.
In the detention center, Phoenix specifically TELLS you that he did not relay this piece to Apollo.

* The whole "spirit" thing out of nowhere. The spirit chanelling stuff can only really be accepted because it's intorduced fully before the first case that really uses it as a part of its crime (intro'd in 1-2, then used first in 2-2). Since this isn't channeling so much as "dead person who can possess people," it's hard to believe, considering it came out of nowhere...

I admit that it's a bit of a stretch, but I figure that if anyone would come up with that theory, it was Phoenix, after all the crap that he's seen. I think it was hinted at enough in the story, but that it didn't necessarily build up to it in a traditional fashion for the player to be completely on-board with Phoenix's train of thought. (And, to be fair, Phoenix was sort of desperate at that point).

Admittedly, the whole thing is more of a Carr-style of "well, didn't see that one coming", with the detective just pulling out an insane solution out of a hat, but... I sort of like that approach here. Like, I don't think there's a way I could've set it up so that I could give strong hints to the player without giving it completely away halfway through.

* Also, why is it that Verity couldn't just leave Apollo's body at the end of the case, rather than "going down with him," which is what Apollo's sacrifice was for? It was a pretty hard hitting scene, probably the best in the whole case, but that hole was quite distracting...

She couldn't leave because Apollo didn't LET her leave. He tells her:
Apollo wrote:The only solution...
...Is to lock both of away in here, forever.
And after that, their memories just go to hell (something which Verity does warn him about, but he doesn't really care, assuming that the jury will find him guilty and lock him away, regardless of what happens). The soul that is now in charge of the body (the "New" Apollo) now has all the memories. The other soul (which New Apollo admits doesn't know where exactly it is) would probably have either no memories at all or find themselves in the same dilemma, which would stop Verity from ever fully returning).

I like to believe that they just completely merged and became a new soul.

Also, not really a complaint, but... there was some stuff about a "true end" in the scripts for the investigation. Are there multiple endings to this one, or is that from early in development and was later scrapped or something?

There is no "true end".

Oh yeah, and... no Hanging Edge. Major complaint.

Not really relevant to this, but I wanted to note something from the SoC: Apollo (before being possessed) DOES recognize Lure (hence his shocked expression in the lounge conversation and switch of character to seemingly angry). He doesn't recognize her initially because of being extremely young and traumatized to the point where he just wanted to keep it out of his head as much as possible. The mansion, however, he recognizes and, eventually, Lure herself.

It's definitely nice to see the case finished, at last. Granted, it doesn't help resolve some of the plot lines from Curtain 1 - Shannon's killings/Beatrice, Adele Skye, the Cross/Phoenix stuff (maybe Phoenix gained a similar ability to Verity, who knows...), but the fact that the main plotline was resolved is a plus (and I have a feeling that Verity/Apollo were meant to become Groud, initially, but that's just speculation). I do think that the more hectic feeling of all the first game's tangled plotlines was a bit better, but can definitely see why you dropped a few of them.
Anyway, if this is the "end" of what you make of trials, it was a great way to finish off. Pretty much echoing everyone else, but thanks for making them in the first place.

Well, thanks for playing!
@Blackrune:
Blackrune wrote:
Well, it's definitely more focused. Like Curtain with most of the crazy(/excessive?) stuff taken out. So instead of worrying about what is going on in general, in THIS version of Curtain I could actually worry about the actual crime. (well, there are still some things. Like the mystery puzzle, but... why not I guess.) Funnily enough, given the solution, I feel like Shannon talking about unfair mysteries in the original finally makes more sense. I guess that sort of ominous dialogue wouldn't have really fit with the new tone of this investigation though.
And the Gavin scene in the original finally makes more sense now, too. (even though the whole Gavin subplot seems to be kind of... random isn't the word. The story feels like it would have worked just fine without it. Like, all it really did was add even MORE stress to the situation, but it didn't feel like it turned out to be really that related or useful. Admittedly, Gavin always makes for entertaining scenes so I'm not complaining. Just kind of wondering if there was more of a point/intention to it... that's a lot of stuff to say in parentheses.)

The Gavin subplot was sort of necessary for me for two reasons: to have this "New" Apollo try and redeem himself and save the day and to give Trucy the proper story arc (and to finally tie what I found to be a pretty weird plot hole).

Also, I have to say that even though the investigation is more down-to-earth now, it was still really really good. Probably because it wans't just investigating the scene, but all the other stuff like trailing that guy etc. It just had the right mix of an intriguing crime, but also other characters doing intriguing things. Well, you get what I mean. (I hope)

About the trial... I really liked that as well. The most interesting part here was that we got to make the arguments for both sides. Instead of the prosecutor just saying "nope" and refuting whatever theory we just came up with, we had to... well, do that. Which is kind of funny, you come up with theories and then figure out why they're wrong yourself. Really gave it the feel of a deductive process. (and then Hyde pulled out a secret passage... but hey, you got to make the arguments where it's possible at least)

It also had a good back-and-forth dynamic, with neither of the two sides appearing to be in an obviously superior position. That's generally much more interesting than one side being 'in control' for most of the trial no matter what you show them.

I figured that, since Phoenix was now in charge of the prosecution that it wouldn't make much sense for him to be instantly competent. Besides, having the two of them constantly at odds with each other, never topping one another always has the tension of "how will this end?" On one hand, you have Hyde, who you don't want to, but HAVE to help, and then switch to Phoenix as a sort of hope to deny your own theories. Logic-wise, it's a deductive process. Emotion-wise, it's a hostage negotiation.

Right.. the solution. Can't say I guessed it, though I feel like there was a decent amount of hints. (like the victim hearing footsteps at night, memory loss.) Which should say something, as that's a really risky solution to pull. (heck, I'd probably worry to no end what people would think of it.) So props for going with that. I don't think I'd have liked it as the solution to the original Curtain, but it fit in decently here. Well, it probably IS impossible to guess. Like, even at the present I just assumed it would have to be an elaborate disguise scheme. It COULD have explained the memory loss somehow. (as in, she never actually lost her memories. There were simply two maids walking around in the mansion for some time and she drew the wrong conclusions when she heard about herself doing stuff she didn't remember doing.) Actual supernatural stuff goes completely against all expectations a player can have here, especially since it also introduced a completely new rule to them. (possessing people without needing a medium) Regardless, it still... worked for me in the sense that it explained stuff perfectly and took the story in an interesting direction.

Well, as I told BB: If I had to go, I was going out with a bang. The reaction to the solution didn't really bother me as long as it all made sense in the end. The idea for a "ghost" was something I wanted to do for a long time now and I realized if there was a time to do it, now would be it.

(...But to note, there weren't actually an ghosts in the original Curtain.)

tl;dr Good case. I'm really glad you ended up making this to give some closure to Curtain.

Well, thanks for playing!
Hannelore

Post by Hannelore »

Blackrune wrote:@Hannelore: I was actually stuck there for a bit as well.
The thing is, the investigation isn't completely linear. (you can get to that location even if you missed some other things. I'd recommend looking for other stuff in the walkthrough you didn't do, or just go around and present some more things to people. For me it involved going back to Edgeworth and presenting some more things, I think.

...and since it feels weird to just drop by and not say anything about the case, uh...
Spoiler : Some random thoughts (possible spoilers for entire case obv) :

I went around presenting every single piece of evidence and profile and then realised then that I missed something. Whoops XD Thanks :)
Hannelore

Post by Hannelore »

DWaM wrote:@Hannelore:
...One line.

I forgot to add one line in the walkthrough.
Spoiler : The line :
Present Jeremiah's profile to Edgeworth.
After taking a nap and retrying, I eventually figured that out :oops: Ehehehe....oops. I don't know why but it's probably the last thing I would have thought of doing. Thanks :)

Back to playing an amazingly fun case, hooray! :D
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

My review:

Wow.

I'll probably post something a bit more detailed when it's not 6 AM and I haven't just finished the case, but "wow" encapsulates my thoughts on Curtain pretty well at the moment. A fantastic note to end on, DWaM. Bravo, bravo.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Told you it was great, didn't I? xP

Honestly, I'll try writing some thoughts once I get back.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Okay.

Let's do it right this time.

Warning: The following review will contain major spoilers for Turnabout Curtain, the entry submitted by DWaM and kwando1313. It is not advised you open it unless you have played.
Spoiler : Gumpei Reviews Turnabout Curtain :
Turnabout Curtain

no more bananas
You know what I hate? Doors. Seriously, f*** d... wait, why am I here again? OH RIGHT, trial review! Damn, it's been too long since I've done one of these. I mean, I did actually write up a review of sorts for your last case but I just wound up rambling about Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for two thousand words in somehow trying to make a point about the ending that I forgot by the time I finished my aside. This time I will try to stay focused on the case at hand from the get-go before I wind up making a long-winded comparison to No More Heroes or something.

...though come to think of it, that actually--NO, NO, WE'RE NOT DOING THIS JUST TALK ABOUT THE CASE

Right then.

Turnabout Curtain.

If you'll recall in my review of the original Curtain (or Undone Curtains as I unofficially deemed it), I didn't actually have many points to make about the game itself. I essentially had a three-bulletpoint checklist that went something like:
- BANANAS
- TOO BANANAS?
- WHAT THE F*** IS THAT TITLE THO

I focused on the title of the case so much both because it genuinely baffled me and also because I was rather stretching for complaints in general. What was there of it didn't really leave a ton of room for critique or even speculation, as Undone Curtains was almost definitely either going to be made or broken by its solution. In the moment of playing it, however, I was fully engrossed in your writing and story structure that I couldn't really stop to think about how none of it made any sense or how a satisfying conclusion for all of this malarkey was likely impossible. I believe I went on record saying that it's the only time I've ever been truly jealous of another person's writing ability; as in, the case itself was so good that it actually worsened my experience since I got angry at how much better you were than me at this stuff.

As such, the only thing I was able to focus on was how crazy and, as I put it, BANANAS the case was. Lots of crazy s*** happened and I had no idea what to make of any of it.

What the new Curtain proves to me, however, is that Undone Curtains definitely would have had an unsatisfying conclusion. From the ashes of a case with a million different plotlines and no clear focus or defined theme came a case with a singular, well-defined purpose that knew exactly what it wanted to be and what it wanted to say.

It's still BANANAS, of course, but not overwhelmingly so. You can keep up with pretty much everything fairly well... save that retread of the riddle game from Undone Curtains, that is. But I'll get to that later.

That said?

This is the weirdest f***ing fancase I've ever played in my life.
spooky scary ghost attorneys
I played this case alongside Blader and our general reaction to the end went something like "Well I have no idea how to feel about what just happened but it sure took some balls to do." And that much I can certainly still say now, given how many of the mystery junkies around these parts are gonna eat your ass out for it. Granted, you did go into retirement immediately after releasing this so that's almost cheating as far as taking a big risk like this goes. I still don't quite know how to feel about it myself, but it's usually not a good sign when I would have assumed the actual solution was a joke had it been proposed as a theory to me any time over the course of my playthrough. There was no point where I would have even remotely been convinced that GOST DIDDIT was an applicable resolution here.

So I've been trying to figure out how okay one can possibly be with something like that. At any point before the reveal I would have laughed at the idea of the solution, but ultimately it still works for the story. So can I justify that? Well... not quite, I don't think I can. I love the story that Curtain tells and I'm willing to forgive it for a lot because of how well-written it is and how every character has a significant role to play with a rich backstory and additional symbolic/thematic relevance either directly or in parallel to other elements in the case. But I think I needed just a little more here to accept the solution. There's weird and seemingly impossible stuff going on throughout the case but there's stuff like that in every case. You can't rely on that alone to get people to think outside the box, no, outside the realm of reality. Spirit mediums and other such things exist in Ace Attorney but they're presented to you as ideas early on, not used as cheap twists by the endgame to get out of an impossible mystery. There needed to be more of a supernatural influence here. The player needs more reason to BELIEVE that something truly extraordinary could have been happening. I'm not saying you had to come out right from the start and say POSSESSION IS REAL but you definitely could have done much more to reasonably lead one toward similarly unorthodox theories. I think a perfect way to do this would have been to expand a bit more on the Jeremiah Hyde story--as is, he exists as the biggest clue toward the solution (aside of the gender marking for Hyde/Apollo when playing as them, that one was nice and subtle!) by implying that Verity's last name could have been Hyde. But even if it wasn't a direct factor in what ultimately happened, you could have gone deeper into the explanation for the surreal occurrences that took place in the cult he ran. Giving anything there that could potentially lead the player to inferring of paranormal involvement would have helped immensely.

For that matter, the circumstances of Verity's death are so unclear the entire case that it's one of those things you can't truly do much speculation about. It's obviously going to factor into the case somehow but the degree to which it actually matters isn't prevalent in the investigation at all. Why didn't Phoenix read part of the "For Verity" diary? That would have been significant, even if we only got so much as "Andrea seems to be actually writing this stuff in the present for someone who is dead." Given the length of time between finding the diary and actually learning that Verity is dead you probably could have dropped an even stronger hint than that without giving away much. Further details on memory loss or Pike's coma would have been great, as well. Go into detail concerning Pike's condition and how it seems off that she'd have lapsed into a severe coma just from the attack. Have more dialogue about how insane it is that someone who isn't Apollo is apparently WEARING HIS FACE (it actually bothered me a lot that this was never really brought up by anyone, thus I assumed that the reason for it was going to be something simple like an Ultimate Impostor of sorts). Emphasize just how weird and distinct the feelings of memory erasure are for Deliah and co. and shy away from mentioning that it could have potentially been the result of unidentifiable drugs. There's too much encouragement toward a realistic method of solving these problems in a case that never had a realistic solution.

At the end of the day, I don't abide by any particular rules for how a mystery should be done. The only rule I have for mysteries is the rule I have for all stories, in that endings should feel deserved. And I don't just mean ending as in "the end of the case" or whatever, there are many endings in any given story. Each character has an ending and each independent aspect of the story has its own ending. While the endings for the characters in Curtain may all feel quite earned and intertwine beautifully, while the central plot itself may be satisfying by the time the credits roll, Curtain still has a huge mystery aspect to its overall narrative--and the ending for THAT, in my opinion, is ultimately not deserved. It wasn't built to enough, and I wasn't given enough to believe it.

But I still loved the case anyway.
pictured: the cast of Curtain
Blader had a far greater fondness for the solution than myself, and I made the point to him that he would have been less forgiving had it not been a DWaM case. I do believe this is true since, let's face it, we all have biases and particular writers and favorites and whatnot who we're more willing to give the benefit of the doubt to than others. But I also don't think I was being entirely fair, either. While Blader certainly might have had less enthusiasm for the ending had it not been you writing it, I also neglected to give credit to exactly why his favoritism existed in the first place. Simply put, you have a knack for making me believe, and I don't think it's just me; I think it's a testament to your writing. It's entirely possible that, had anyone else written that ending twist, it would have elicited naught but a "Well that was some silly s***" from me. It's true that I didn't quite know how to feel as it was happening, but, at the same time, I felt. In the moment, I was purely enamored by the structure of the scene and how it was written, fully invested in the moment while not necessarily being able to gauge my thoughts about it, either. And if that makes as little sense to you as it does to me now that I just came back to finish writing this review after leaving it off there for a couple of days, then, uhh... whelp I still don't have a better way to explain it really. DWAM WRITE GOOD? Maybe a simpler way to put it is that you're probably one of those guys who could make a s***ty story seem like absolute gold from the inherently engrossing way you write it so as to conceal the would-be obvious flaws and holes.

Of course, that's not to say that Curtain had a s***ty story. Your impeccable flair for prose is nearly matched by your expertise at narrative structure; everything comes together so well, and, solution aside, gets the proper degree of build with an incline of intrigue with every new scene. The apex of this for me personally was the CE in which the memory of Lure haunts Hyde, which I genuinely believe to be the best scene in the history of fancases. I don't think anything in the actual AA games is written that well, for that matter. It was the perfect crescendo that rarely exists in any medium, and there are few times in which a work of art has engaged me more than that particular scene.

The characters of Lure and Verity are so complex and interesting that I get the sense I actually know very little about them as people despite completely understanding their story as it relates to the plot of Curtain, which fascinates me. Lure's eternal desire to prove a point for the sake of doing so is one of those character traits that I kick myself for not coming up with first, as it's such a natural source of conflict for any number of situations and purely stimulating all on its own psychologically. Detective Tiala wasn't given nearly the focus of the other two, but is still quite the fun character right from the get-go with a nicely done backstory that runs perpendicular to the epilogue situation with Trucy re: having your sister taken away from you and gives the character a degree of closure and importance beyond just being the detective. Dorrian suffers a bit from his driving motivation being somewhat inseparable from also being his defining character trait, so he's something of a one-note role that serves the plot more than he does himself as a distinct character; I was bothered that I couldn't figure out how much of Verity's description of him at the end rang true or not, as very little of his personality is ever demonstrated anywhere. But it's understandable that not every character can be fleshed out, at least. The canon characters are executed well for the most part, but I did have a few characterization concerns, mostly with Phoenix; Blader hit on it pretty well, you write him much more like ACE HOBO than Phoenix Wright. He often feels like a caricature of HoboNick, specifically one that Oracle would write. It doesn't help that your humor is still pretty hit or miss for me with Phoenix at the core of most of it. This case felt much jokier than any of your past ones by a large degree, and, while I don't think that's a wholly bad thing, you've got a pretty bad tendency to draw out gags beyond their expiration date in my estimation. There's never really mere punchlines or witticisms, when a joke is made your writing goes into full comedy hour as if your characters all have a contagious disease that makes everyone around them spontaneously break out into SNL sketches. Despite this, you still nail Nick pretty well at a few points, one moment in particular during Phoenix's thoughts in which he explains that he basically went to such drastic lengths to make Hyde pay because he made Trucy cry. That was awesome and completely captured him.

Speaking of that, while I wouldn't call this your best written case per se, I do think it's probably the best you've ever managed to strike a balance with tone. Obviously you're pretty notorious for your love of the grimdark, but I honestly think you managed to largely escape your own stereotype here. The case itself is still pretty dark, but, as I said before, there's much more levity than usual for you. The moment you step foot in any of your other cases, the darkness is all kind of immediately encroaching just from the presentation alone and can feel like a bit much even when it's necessary. Here, it never feels like you're explicitly TRYING to be dark, and when things DO get dark that darkness feels earned. This is largely kept consistent through the emotional core of the case in Trucy. Your Trucy is absolutely spot-on and a perfect encapsulation of the character, and she's what keeps a feeling of traditional Ace Attorney hope in the air through every new piece of inevitably bad for your case information. This is especially why the moment she breaks down is so powerful and a great transition into a fully cemented darker tone for the case going forward, as it's constantly evident how hard she's trying to keep it together and remain positive all the way through until even she can't take it any more.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, however... f*** your gameplay. Like, nearly all of it. Okay, mostly just the riddle. F*** that f***ing f***ed up piece of s*** riddle. It was the most satisfying moment of my entire life when I managed to solve it but holy s***, f*** you for making me do that. I'm positive that there are some people who managed to solve it with relative ease, who can take in that mass amount of information all at once and put it together. I am not one of those people. I am someone who has to read something over and over and over and over again in order to fully comprehend it all and relegate it to long-term memory. Having to do this with THE ENTIRE SETUP was not fun. I did at least appreciate that it was separated into two parts this time, but it's not like even that helped much when there's no indication for which half is actually going to contain the clue you're missing. Chances are good you never played The Queen's Turnabout (which was an unfinished case Blader and I did), but there was a thing we did in the evidence for that case in which the protagonist kept a notebook just filled with basically all the integral information she learned throughout the investigation. I feel implementing a similar notes system to store away in evidence for the sake of something like this would be immensely helpful, even just keeping a list of all the reds would have been FANTASTIC and saved me a few hours of time spent desperately wanting to maul you. That aside, none of the contradictions were overly unfair, but you were picky about evidence selection for some of them. Definitely experienced a few "right idea, wrong evidence" moments throughout the trial. But I did appreciate the lack of special objections this game! Though you handled them quite well in Turnabouts of the Father, it's probably for the best that we try to lay those to bed for the foreseeable future. My other primary complaint with the gameplay was actually in how the investigation was structured; there were far too many trivial flags you had to hit in order to progress! This is annoying I realize, but it's kinda what going back to the WAA is supposed to be intended for when you get stuck and can ask Trucy for advice that helps you understand what you still have to do. Her dialogue never really updated, and even when it did she seemed pretty much just as clueless as you were. There needed to be a better indicator for when you were done presenting things to a certain person or through examining an area, because I found myself being unsure as to whether I had done everything I needed to or not at almost every new location beyond a certain point in the investigation. Barring that, I probably would have just consolidated a few of the different present conversations into one. Some of the things you're meant to present are obvious but most of them really aren't; if I have to resort to blindly presenting everything at any point just to proceed, something's probably wrong.

...But I'll forgive you for all that. Just this once. It is your retirement, after all, so I'm obligated to be nice.
yes, ghost bananas
To conclude this review of ostensible fanfiction that somehow spiraled into a 3000-word essay... I just wanna thank you, DWaM. There's part of me that still doesn't honestly buy that you're done. General rule of retirement states that nobody retires for good unless there's something that actively prevents them from being able to continue. So yeah, it's probably never gonna sink in that you're really done with all of this. But if you are, then you've left behind a hell of a legacy. You've accomplished more in this medium than any person ever has. Six complete works and two unfinished yet still gargantuan in length works. That's inspiring. No, insane. You've done more in the last year alone than I ever have, even in a time where interest in fancases died down to such a degree that most of the old guard seems to have dropped off simply because it's not worth it any more. Not that many people are playing fancases, even fewer are making them. And it's true that interest may never truly resurge, not to the point it used to be at its peak anyway. But as the curtain fell on Turnabout Curtain, I found myself pining for those times. It dawned on me that, though I may not fully buy your retirement as a permanent thing, you might not be around any more to keep the medium afloat in an otherwise desolate time. Even if it's impossible to get back to the way things were, even if fancases will never have another boom period, you made me want to do something to ATTEMPT to get back to those times. You made me remember just how much all of this used to mean to me. And for that, I can only hope that I one day make the thing that inspires you to come back. It's the least I could do. But until then...

So long, DWaM, and thanks for all the bananas.

Maxima cum laude.

Spoiler : aside :
(p.s. was totally gonna do a bet with you a while ago where if you finished curtain then i had to finish TRev but then i saw your ask about how much you didn't wanna finish it and i backed off but then you went and DID IT ANYWAY SUCKER)

(love you)
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Gumpei wrote:I did actually write up a review of sorts for your last case...
everyone forgets dwam was half of TAT ;_;
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Oh, I wasn't forgetting that (it's part of the six complete works I mention at the end of the review), that was just me getting release times all mixed up. I actually thought TotF came after TAT.

Also for added fun, here's the Skype log between Blader and myself as we played (OH AND HEADS UP we spoil not only this case but also parts of Two Sides of the Same Turnabout and Turnabout Tomorrow in this):
Spoiler : Gost Star Fox Idiots = me, BARNHAM! = him :
[7/2/2015 10:40:49 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: okay have you started yet?
[7/2/2015 10:40:55 PM] BARNHAM!: im about to
[7/2/2015 10:40:56 PM] BARNHAM!: and
[7/2/2015 10:40:57 PM] BARNHAM!: NEW GAME
[7/2/2015 10:40:57 PM] BARNHAM!: CLICK
[7/2/2015 10:41:05 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: same
[7/2/2015 10:41:06 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: let's do
[7/2/2015 10:43:02 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: hate that pywright stops when you tab out of the window
[7/2/2015 10:43:21 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: i also got a weird glitch after the prologue
[7/2/2015 10:43:22 PM] BARNHAM!: im fetching my phone
[7/2/2015 10:43:34 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (but it went fine after that)
[7/2/2015 10:43:40 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: this'll also be interesting given that i played the original curtain
[7/2/2015 10:43:49 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: all of the backgrounds in the prologue were also in the original game
[7/2/2015 10:47:56 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (this character was also in curtain)
[7/2/2015 10:48:01 PM] BARNHAM!: makes sense
[7/2/2015 10:48:07 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (I'm... not sure how much I can tell you about her that won't be spoilers)
[7/2/2015 10:48:14 PM | Edited 10:48:18 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (since idk how much of the original curtain is in this case)
[7/2/2015 10:48:20 PM] BARNHAM!: shes a high judge accused of assault in her fifties
[7/2/2015 10:48:32 PM] BARNHAM!: thats all im supposed to know
[7/2/2015 10:49:23 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: okay i'm gonna get my phone too, one sec
[7/2/2015 10:50:38 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This will be annoying in its own way but eg
[7/2/2015 10:50:38 PM] BARNHAM!: lol
[7/2/2015 10:50:39 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots:
[7/2/2015 10:50:43 PM] BARNHAM!: wrights profile
[7/2/2015 10:51:00 PM] BARNHAM!: its perfect
[7/2/2015 10:51:03 PM] BARNHAM!: in every way
[7/2/2015 10:52:22 PM] BARNHAM!: of course trucy is wright's kid
[7/2/2015 10:52:26 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Lure seems quite different, I can say that much
[7/2/2015 10:52:34 PM] BARNHAM!: 36-18=.....
[7/2/2015 10:52:37 PM] BARNHAM!: ....whoa
[7/2/2015 10:52:43 PM] BARNHAM!: Wright really IS a legend
[7/2/2015 10:53:38 PM] BARNHAM!: was this guy also in it
[7/2/2015 10:53:49 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Not there yet
[7/2/2015 10:54:03 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There he is
[7/2/2015 10:54:04 PM] BARNHAM!: youll know him when you see him
[7/2/2015 10:54:16 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: No he was not
[7/2/2015 10:54:42 PM] BARNHAM!: well either dwam did super payne before i dif
[7/2/2015 10:54:48 PM] BARNHAM!: this isnt the real case
[7/2/2015 10:54:55 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's not
[7/2/2015 10:54:55 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I mean come on
[7/2/2015 10:54:58 PM] BARNHAM!: or the prosecution isnt an issue in this trial
[7/2/2015 10:55:03 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's an assault case
[7/2/2015 10:55:16 PM] BARNHAM!: ive been out of the loop okay
[7/2/2015 10:56:25 PM] BARNHAM!: AND THE BURGER KING IS GUILTY
[7/2/2015 10:56:30 PM] BARNHAM!: PAYNE IS THE KILLET
[7/2/2015 10:56:37 PM] BARNHAM!: GIMME MY ROYALTY CHECK
[7/2/2015 10:58:01 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Helen pike also was not in the original
[7/2/2015 11:00:17 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Also not in the original
[7/2/2015 11:00:46 PM] BARNHAM!: ITS MIKE SCHMIDT
[7/2/2015 11:01:00 PM] BARNHAM!: GOOD TO KNOW HE MADE IT OUT OF FAZBEARS PIZZA ALIVE
[7/2/2015 11:02:23 PM] BARNHAM!: I love mike tho
[7/2/2015 11:02:30 PM] BARNHAM!: he is the bluntest motherf***er on the planet
[7/2/2015 11:02:35 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Apollo wins by doing nothing
[7/2/2015 11:02:43 PM] BARNHAM!: he is the person i aspire to be when i grow up
[7/2/2015 11:02:46 PM] BARNHAM!: mario party at the waa
[7/2/2015 11:02:49 PM] BARNHAM!: apollo picks luigi
[7/2/2015 11:09:18 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This "Apollo and Phoenix talking on a train" scene was also in curtain
[7/2/2015 11:09:29 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: In fact originally the idea for curtain was built entirely off of that scene
[7/2/2015 11:09:35 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: So I'm not surprised to see its still here
[7/2/2015 11:13:14 PM] BARNHAM!: youve been on a train
[7/2/2015 11:13:17 PM] BARNHAM!: do they sound like this
[7/2/2015 11:13:36 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This is literally just a recording of a train moving so
[7/2/2015 11:13:40 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: yeh
[7/2/2015 11:14:06 PM] BARNHAM!: wright keeps his diary in the sink
[7/2/2015 11:14:10 PM] BARNHAM!: obviously
[7/2/2015 11:20:01 PM] BARNHAM!: lmao
[7/2/2015 11:20:19 PM] BARNHAM!: i love dwam's wright and apollo interactions
[7/2/2015 11:20:21 PM] BARNHAM!: so goddamn much
[7/2/2015 11:20:38 PM] BARNHAM!: i actually ship wright and apollo and its all BPs fault
[7/2/2015 11:20:48 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I feel his nick is incredibly ooc but at the same time well-written
[7/2/2015 11:21:00 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's odd
[7/2/2015 11:21:04 PM] BARNHAM!: its not like
[7/2/2015 11:21:13 PM] BARNHAM!: a bad way to write nick busting apollos balls
[7/2/2015 11:21:24 PM] BARNHAM!: this is totally how i see their relationship honestly
[7/2/2015 11:21:41 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: He's just putting it on really strong here
[7/2/2015 11:21:59 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Nick is usually more passive in his depreciative remarks
[7/2/2015 11:22:20 PM] BARNHAM!: in any case i dont see anything wrong with taking creative freedom like this
[7/2/2015 11:22:26 PM] BARNHAM!: i admit it employs some
[7/2/2015 11:22:53 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I don't mind it much so far but dwams humor tends to be a bit too overbearing for me
[7/2/2015 11:23:46 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: His jokes/sketches are always reallllly drawn out
[7/2/2015 11:25:26 PM] BARNHAM!: i love how theyre drawn out but i mean
[7/2/2015 11:25:28 PM] BARNHAM!: thats me
[7/2/2015 11:26:07 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It would just be nice if he would do stingers or straight punchlines every now and then
[7/2/2015 11:26:20 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's more like he has a comedy on/comedy off switch
[7/2/2015 11:26:34 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Not saying it always misses for me tho
[7/2/2015 11:30:40 PM] BARNHAM!: WELL THEN
[7/2/2015 11:31:35 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Guessing I'm not there tet
[7/2/2015 11:31:50 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Lure just came back
[7/2/2015 11:33:16 PM] BARNHAM!: Youll know it when you see it
[7/2/2015 11:37:52 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Christ how far ahead of me are you
[7/2/2015 11:39:04 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay there we are
[7/2/2015 11:39:44 PM] BARNHAM!: youre forgetting how fast i read
[7/2/2015 11:40:02 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah but you can't skip through dialogue in pywright
[7/2/2015 11:40:21 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I did stop to examine a lotta s*** that's probably why
[7/2/2015 11:46:26 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: If you get to a save or otherwise good stopping point would you mind waiting for me btw
[7/2/2015 11:46:56 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Not gonna ask you to do it all the time just when it seems ideal
[7/2/2015 11:47:25 PM] BARNHAM!: ya sure
[7/2/2015 11:47:29 PM] BARNHAM!: whats happening now
[7/2/2015 11:47:44 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Still talking to lure
[7/2/2015 11:50:53 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Apollos eyes tho
[7/2/2015 11:51:49 PM] BARNHAM!: he had the same eyes when he saw wright naked for the first time
[7/2/2015 11:53:12 PM] BARNHAM!: anyway, im RIDICULOUSLY far ahead now and this isnt a bad place to stop
[7/2/2015 11:53:18 PM] BARNHAM!: im back on the train
[7/2/2015 11:53:36 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh hey
[7/2/2015 11:53:44 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I expected this guy to be cut for some reason
[7/2/2015 11:53:54 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But he too was in the original curtain
[7/2/2015 11:55:12 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: He also has a new name but is exactly the same character
[7/2/2015 11:55:52 PM] BARNHAM!: so we have mike schmidt and kyle hyde
[7/2/2015 11:56:07 PM] BARNHAM!: im glad to know dwam went all out with the crossovers here
[7/2/2015 11:56:26 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You actually played from his perspective at the start of curtain and could give him whatever name you wanted
[7/2/2015 11:56:40 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Which I naturally abused the f*** out of
[7/2/2015 11:56:52 PM] BARNHAM!: i think everyone did that
[7/2/2015 11:57:34 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Prometheus was his original name, there we go
[7/2/2015 11:57:36 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Couldn't remember
[7/2/2015 11:58:27 PM] BARNHAM!: ive heard the name tossed around once or twice
[7/2/2015 11:58:35 PM] BARNHAM!: i guess he cut cross though
[7/2/2015 11:58:43 PM] BARNHAM!: i kinda wanted to see what that was all about
[7/2/2015 11:58:46 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh you knew about that
[7/2/2015 11:58:46 PM] BARNHAM!: oh well
[7/2/2015 11:58:49 PM] BARNHAM!: i did
[7/2/2015 11:58:54 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Cross came in late in the case actually
[7/2/2015 11:59:03 PM] BARNHAM!: i opened a spoiler tag like an idiot
[7/2/2015 11:59:04 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And... His presence was never really explained, honestly
[7/2/2015 11:59:15 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But I do have theories
[7/2/2015 11:59:20 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: In short it probably wasn't cross
[7/2/2015 11:59:35 PM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (I imagine he really isn't in this version at all tho)
[7/2/2015 11:59:55 PM] BARNHAM!: it was yalt cosplaying as cross, right?
[7/3/2015 12:00:33 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I do not actually remember who that is
[7/3/2015 12:00:48 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Wait is that the defendant in tomorrow?
[7/3/2015 12:01:02 AM] BARNHAM!: yes it is
[7/3/2015 12:01:07 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Aye score
[7/3/2015 12:01:15 AM] BARNHAM!: the one who had an obsession with "E"
[7/3/2015 12:01:47 AM] BARNHAM!: not to be confused with big e langston
[7/3/2015 12:02:30 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Interesting that lure implies it was deliah's idea to bring Apollo and Phoenix to the mansion
[7/3/2015 12:02:55 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I find the name "deliah" very frustrating btw since its almost Delilah but isn't
[7/3/2015 12:03:27 AM] BARNHAM!: you could say its
[7/3/2015 12:03:33 AM] BARNHAM!: deliahgate
[7/3/2015 12:03:35 AM] BARNHAM!: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[7/3/2015 12:04:07 AM] BARNHAM!: yeah i know im not funny
[7/3/2015 12:04:12 AM] BARNHAM!: i just like to pretend i am
[7/3/2015 12:04:25 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Wonder if this room still has the portrait of beatrice
[7/3/2015 12:05:37 AM] BARNHAM!: headed downstairs for a drink
[7/3/2015 12:05:44 AM] BARNHAM!: I imagine youll be caught up by the time I get back up
[7/3/2015 12:05:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: hope so
[7/3/2015 12:07:59 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: THIS BG IS FROM VIRTUAL
[7/3/2015 12:10:57 AM] BARNHAM!: which one
[7/3/2015 12:11:00 AM] BARNHAM!: I must have forgotten
[7/3/2015 12:11:06 AM] BARNHAM!: and i mean
[7/3/2015 12:11:09 AM] BARNHAM!: a vase was broken so
[7/3/2015 12:11:11 AM] BARNHAM!: maria confirmed
[7/3/2015 12:11:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The hallway with the room you pluck Phoenix from
[7/3/2015 12:11:32 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: tho actually I think it might not be the same
[7/3/2015 12:11:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But it's similar
[7/3/2015 12:11:37 AM] BARNHAM!: well its possible
[7/3/2015 12:11:51 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Back on the train btw
[7/3/2015 12:12:01 AM] BARNHAM!: at this point the obvious theory is that maria is hyde and attacked phoenix but
[7/3/2015 12:12:03 AM] BARNHAM!: we shall see
[7/3/2015 12:14:20 AM] BARNHAM!: anyway another reason i like how dwams wright can be closer to ace hobo than canon phoenix
[7/3/2015 12:14:30 AM] BARNHAM!: it really drives the point home when he starts acting serious
[7/3/2015 12:15:14 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah it has its benefits
[7/3/2015 12:16:05 AM] BARNHAM!: his wright is totally ace hobo though
[7/3/2015 12:16:11 AM] BARNHAM!: i cant believe it took me so long to make the connection
[7/3/2015 12:16:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah more or less
[7/3/2015 12:18:29 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay so
[7/3/2015 12:18:55 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Andrea WAS the victim in curtain
[7/3/2015 12:19:19 AM] BARNHAM!: so how different does it seem so far
[7/3/2015 12:19:55 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well it's a similar situation but the characters are mostly in different places
[7/3/2015 12:20:56 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The character now called Hyde was the defendant in curtain while Apollo (at the very least thought he) was the killer
[7/3/2015 12:21:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And that's not a twist because it wasn't a twist in curtain either
[7/3/2015 12:21:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You actually play through the trial as the killer and it's pretty interesting
[7/3/2015 12:21:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (Except Apollo probably wasn't the killer)
[7/3/2015 12:22:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh yeah and Phoenix was dead too. Maybe. He either comes back to life or gets channeled. It's complicated
[7/3/2015 12:24:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Also curtain began with the scene on the train
[7/3/2015 12:24:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There was no pre-trial or explanation for why they were going or how they knew lure, that came later
[7/3/2015 12:24:48 AM] BARNHAM!: bp did spoil me on that by accident
[7/3/2015 12:24:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But the structure of the pre-murder period was similar
[7/3/2015 12:24:50 AM] BARNHAM!: he was like
[7/3/2015 12:24:56 AM] BARNHAM!: "I knew nick was too hot for his shirt"
[7/3/2015 12:25:01 AM] BARNHAM!: and i opened the next spoiler tag he posted
[7/3/2015 12:25:08 AM] BARNHAM!: "because he burst out into flames"
[7/3/2015 12:25:28 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah he burnt down the mansion or something while he was in it
[7/3/2015 12:25:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Undone curtains was a f***ing weird case
[7/3/2015 12:27:12 AM] BARNHAM!: people seemed to love it anyway
[7/3/2015 12:27:21 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I certainly did
[7/3/2015 12:27:47 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's the only case I've ever played that made me genuinely jealous, purely by dwam's ability to engross
[7/3/2015 12:27:57 AM] BARNHAM!: ....deliah made a comment about drugs....
[7/3/2015 12:28:02 AM] BARNHAM!: I'm looking WAY too deep into this
[7/3/2015 12:28:04 AM] BARNHAM!: I can tell
[7/3/2015 12:28:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Even if the solution was s*** (and it probably was, that case was way too complex to possibly have a satisfying ending honestly) it wouldn't take away from how immersive it was in the moment
[7/3/2015 12:33:20 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Deliah's the only person we have any reason to suspect so far but given that Apollo called this out specifically it definitely isn't her
[7/3/2015 12:34:52 AM] BARNHAM!: mike schmidt and the detective are the only other two guys it could be
[7/3/2015 12:35:11 AM] BARNHAM!: im almost siding with mike schmidt here
[7/3/2015 12:35:26 AM] BARNHAM!: because the detective is the obvious choice if you narrow it down to them
[7/3/2015 12:35:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm not sure we've met everyone yet anyway
[7/3/2015 12:36:22 AM] BARNHAM!: likely not
[7/3/2015 12:36:33 AM] BARNHAM!: thats just what id call now if pressed
[7/3/2015 12:36:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Clearly it was Payne
[7/3/2015 12:37:00 AM] BARNHAM!: for real though like
[7/3/2015 12:37:12 AM] BARNHAM!: did you catch how they proposed how Apollo might have been injected with a drug
[7/3/2015 12:37:22 AM] BARNHAM!: and the first thing deliah talks about is all "ooh what KINDA drugs"
[7/3/2015 12:37:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yes
[7/3/2015 12:37:35 AM] BARNHAM!: im reading way too deep into it if im trying to argue this means anything aren't i
[7/3/2015 12:37:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: and you're definitely looking too deeply into that
[7/3/2015 12:38:09 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Granted deliah is still suspect
[7/3/2015 12:38:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Since again
[7/3/2015 12:38:19 AM] BARNHAM!: i mean
[7/3/2015 12:38:25 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Lure implied she was the one who asked for Phoenix and Apollo to come
[7/3/2015 12:38:36 AM] BARNHAM!: i would have said you were looking too deeply into cross's "well, -I- wouldn't kill E..." thing
[7/3/2015 12:38:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I don't think she's the killer or anything but she's hiding something important
[7/3/2015 12:39:04 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That was also blatant foreshadowing tho you're just looking at one repeated word here
[7/3/2015 12:43:35 AM] BARNHAM!: i found out mike's last name
[7/3/2015 12:43:40 AM] BARNHAM!: he's still mike Schmidt to me
[7/3/2015 12:44:29 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Cold in june
[7/3/2015 12:44:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Guessing this is not LA AA
[7/3/2015 12:44:53 AM] BARNHAM!: its not NY AA either
[7/3/2015 12:44:59 AM] BARNHAM!: and it certainly isn't missisippi AA
[7/3/2015 12:45:01 AM] BARNHAM!: now is it
[7/3/2015 12:45:47 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This BG was also in the original
[7/3/2015 12:47:03 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Never seen a dead corpse but I've seen plenty of alive corpses
[7/3/2015 12:48:10 AM] BARNHAM!: zombies?
[7/3/2015 12:48:16 AM] BARNHAM!: also he's alitas father
[7/3/2015 12:48:17 AM] BARNHAM!: or brother
[7/3/2015 12:48:19 AM] BARNHAM!: or something
[7/3/2015 12:48:21 AM] BARNHAM!: because i said so
[7/3/2015 12:48:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh yeah that's totally her last name isn't it
[7/3/2015 12:48:35 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: How strange
[7/3/2015 12:48:48 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That would be why he hates apollo
[7/3/2015 12:50:56 AM] BARNHAM!: "Toxicology report was inconclusive"
[7/3/2015 12:51:12 AM] BARNHAM!: interesting
[7/3/2015 12:51:35 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well Apollo had to have been hit with something at least for his wonky memory
[7/3/2015 12:52:27 AM] BARNHAM!: his medical report disproves that
[7/3/2015 12:52:35 AM] BARNHAM!: if it was anything, it was a drug they can't identify
[7/3/2015 12:52:44 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That's what I'm referring to
[7/3/2015 12:53:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I believe 37 times is exactly how many the victim in murder on the orient express was stabbed
[7/3/2015 12:54:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Actually deliah totally could have drugged the tea or something I guess
[7/3/2015 12:54:17 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: What the hell maybe you actually caught on to something
[7/3/2015 12:54:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: She still isn't the killer tho
[7/3/2015 12:55:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Unidentifiable drug is such a cheap way out of this tho
[7/3/2015 12:56:20 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Like I get it's presented as a possibility ONCE but they hammer on about how nobody could have done anything to him
[7/3/2015 12:59:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Why is there nothing in the kitchen
[7/3/2015 1:00:34 AM] BARNHAM!: because lure already ate all the TV dinners
[7/3/2015 1:03:47 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Godot was also in curtain but he was not the prosecutor
[7/3/2015 1:03:56 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (Edgey was)
[7/3/2015 1:04:10 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (No idea why godot was in the case he just was)
[7/3/2015 1:04:23 AM] BARNHAM!: OOOHHHH
[7/3/2015 1:04:28 AM] BARNHAM!: THATS WHO "GOGGLES MAN" is
[7/3/2015 1:04:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: ...you didn't get that immediately
[7/3/2015 1:04:41 AM] BARNHAM!: no
[7/3/2015 1:04:45 AM] BARNHAM!: i hate godot's character okay
[7/3/2015 1:04:49 AM] BARNHAM!: i try to forget he exists
[7/3/2015 1:05:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You also speak to him at a hospital in the original but I don't remember why
[7/3/2015 1:09:42 AM] BARNHAM!: ....you know
[7/3/2015 1:09:53 AM] BARNHAM!: i have a friend with an AU theory that wright killed zak
[7/3/2015 1:10:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Why ya bring that up
[7/3/2015 1:10:53 AM] BARNHAM!: you'll see
[7/3/2015 1:12:09 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: "I never thought of myself as one, either."
[7/3/2015 1:13:01 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This line is brilliant and perfectly summarizes why godot is the prosecutor
[7/3/2015 1:13:28 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: While simultaneously calling everyone into question regardless of how many reasons you have for believing they're genuine
[7/3/2015 1:13:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Under the right circumstances, it can be anyone
[7/3/2015 1:17:01 AM] BARNHAM!: wow
[7/3/2015 1:17:03 AM] BARNHAM!: now YOU got ahead
[7/3/2015 1:17:08 AM] BARNHAM!: how long did i d*** around in the kitchen
[7/3/2015 1:17:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: We just did it in a different order
[7/3/2015 1:17:32 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You can go to the hospital before finishing up in the mansion
[7/3/2015 1:17:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There was literally nothing to do in the kitchen when I checked
[7/3/2015 1:17:51 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Presumably bc I wasn't done talking to mike
[7/3/2015 1:18:17 AM] BARNHAM!: ah
[7/3/2015 1:18:19 AM] BARNHAM!: ok
[7/3/2015 1:26:54 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay that's what you were referring to
[7/3/2015 1:27:44 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Anyway this is just about the forged ace I guess
[7/3/2015 1:27:52 AM] BARNHAM!: hmmmmm
[7/3/2015 1:28:14 AM] BARNHAM!: theres a conversation you can get with godot
[7/3/2015 1:28:18 AM] BARNHAM!: "Above Suspicion"
[7/3/2015 1:28:22 AM] BARNHAM!: tell me when you've read that
[7/3/2015 1:28:34 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: yeah I'm heading back to him now
[7/3/2015 1:34:47 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay
[7/3/2015 1:34:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Read
[7/3/2015 1:35:15 AM] BARNHAM!: k see
[7/3/2015 1:35:23 AM] BARNHAM!: what catches my attention here
[7/3/2015 1:35:45 AM | Edited 1:35:59 AM] BARNHAM!: is the assumption that the clothes had to be disposed of OUTSIDE of the mansion
[7/3/2015 1:36:08 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The cameras would have caught it had they been disposed of outside tho
[7/3/2015 1:36:14 AM] BARNHAM!: i f***ed up what i siad
[7/3/2015 1:36:16 AM] BARNHAM!: i fixed it
[7/3/2015 1:36:25 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay yeah there you go
[7/3/2015 1:36:36 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Basically the ideas just that the police would have found something
[7/3/2015 1:36:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: If the clothes were inside the mansion
[7/3/2015 1:37:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I don't think there's any way to disprove it since they went down the list of ways she could have disposed of the clothes from inside as well, like being flushed down the drain
[7/3/2015 1:37:38 AM] BARNHAM!: its just
[7/3/2015 1:37:43 AM] BARNHAM!: im very wary of things like this
[7/3/2015 1:37:51 AM] BARNHAM!: because of the whole NAKEY TIEM thing in Two Sides
[7/3/2015 1:38:05 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: two sides had a naked time thing?
[7/3/2015 1:38:12 AM] BARNHAM!: yes
[7/3/2015 1:38:28 AM] BARNHAM!: henry killed the guy and burned his clothes
[7/3/2015 1:38:36 AM] BARNHAM!: his clothes were the ashes
[7/3/2015 1:38:38 AM] BARNHAM!: not the picture
[7/3/2015 1:38:40 AM] BARNHAM!: remember now
[7/3/2015 1:38:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: not really but I will take your word for it
[7/3/2015 1:39:02 AM] BARNHAM!: also naked time is not a thing
[7/3/2015 1:39:05 AM] BARNHAM!: there is only
[7/3/2015 1:39:06 AM] BARNHAM!: NAKEY TIEM
[7/3/2015 1:39:17 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh that was autocorrect
[7/3/2015 1:39:26 AM] BARNHAM!: good
[7/3/2015 1:41:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I actually did not understand the Phoenix/trucy bit there at all
[7/3/2015 1:43:15 AM] BARNHAM!: trucys recording the conversation
[7/3/2015 1:43:24 AM] BARNHAM!: there's a gps in the bathroom
[7/3/2015 1:43:28 AM] BARNHAM!: that's what i got out of it
[7/3/2015 1:43:36 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well that's odd but okay
[7/3/2015 1:47:44 AM] BARNHAM!: oh
[7/3/2015 1:47:53 AM] BARNHAM!: ...she isn't quite recording the conversation
[7/3/2015 1:47:55 AM] BARNHAM!: you'll see
[7/3/2015 1:55:02 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: k there it is
[7/3/2015 1:56:08 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Thaaaaaat is illegal evidence
[7/3/2015 1:56:41 AM] BARNHAM!: illegal evidence?
[7/3/2015 1:56:43 AM] BARNHAM!: in ace attorney?
[7/3/2015 1:56:46 AM] BARNHAM!: in a dwam case?
[7/3/2015 1:56:47 AM] BARNHAM!: NEVER.
[7/3/2015 1:57:30 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Pretty sure I've used this background before...
[7/3/2015 1:59:56 AM] BARNHAM!: if you did, ill take your word for it
[7/3/2015 2:00:20 AM] BARNHAM!: im confused
[7/3/2015 2:00:36 AM] BARNHAM!: dwam said he likes focused cases as opposed to massive clusterf***s like cascade and empty but
[7/3/2015 2:00:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And VLR music
[7/3/2015 2:00:44 AM] BARNHAM!: this bloody ace thing is very disconnected with the lure story
[7/3/2015 2:01:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This also has NOTHING on how big of a cluster duck the original curtain was
[7/3/2015 2:01:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm just gonna leave that autocorrect
[7/3/2015 2:01:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Anyway I imagine the ace thing will factor in pretty easily
[7/3/2015 2:01:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: When Phoenix gets close he'll wind up disbarred again somehow when it's revealed in court
[7/3/2015 2:01:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Something along those lines probably
[7/3/2015 2:02:46 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You're gonna pause when you get to the trial right btw
[7/3/2015 2:03:02 AM] BARNHAM!: the lobby ya
[7/3/2015 2:04:56 AM] BARNHAM!: oh
[7/3/2015 2:04:56 AM] BARNHAM!: okay
[7/3/2015 2:04:59 AM] BARNHAM!: i think i get it now
[7/3/2015 2:12:02 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well that would be why they emphasized lure's immunity to the Magatama so much
[7/3/2015 2:12:05 AM] BARNHAM!: i believe this is where the bananas started coming into play
[7/3/2015 2:15:00 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: THIS IS THE DUNGEON FROM TQT
[7/3/2015 2:15:33 AM] BARNHAM!: ...hey
[7/3/2015 2:15:35 AM] BARNHAM!: I think it is
[7/3/2015 2:15:36 AM] BARNHAM!: that's amazing
[7/3/2015 2:24:05 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Hm yeah, I had been curious about the son comment Andrea made
[7/3/2015 2:24:10 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Didn't think about adoption
[7/3/2015 2:24:33 AM] BARNHAM!: apollos eyes definitely hinted it was something like that
[7/3/2015 2:26:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Incidentally I've been curious for a while as to whether Apollo himself is immune to the magatama
[7/3/2015 2:26:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: He said something in the DC that I thought should have been picked up
[7/3/2015 2:27:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: How the fuuuuck is the investigation still going
[7/3/2015 2:28:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Dorian is deaaaaaaad
[7/3/2015 2:28:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: He is sooooooo dead
[7/3/2015 2:29:25 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And it's gonna be the worst thing ever to find trucys tracker on his corpse
[7/3/2015 2:35:22 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Ohhhh he brought the f***ing riddle game back
[7/3/2015 2:35:36 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: He better not have included the third one again
[7/3/2015 2:35:42 AM] BARNHAM!: im actuallyu behind now
[7/3/2015 2:37:53 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: S*** the third riddle is the -only- one he kept
[7/3/2015 2:38:08 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well it might be different
[7/3/2015 2:38:15 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It just has the same "characters"
[7/3/2015 2:39:13 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And it seems to be the same scenario dump that I definitely won't be able to remember the actual important parts of
[7/3/2015 2:44:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The Reds for yellow and black re one couldn't have hurt the other are phrased oddly different
[7/3/2015 2:46:34 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well at least you have trucy hints this time
[7/3/2015 2:49:29 AM] BARNHAM!: how do i get to the riddles
[7/3/2015 2:49:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Go to the kitchen
[7/3/2015 2:50:15 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I think I have an idea here...
[7/3/2015 2:52:25 AM] BARNHAM!: there is still nothing in the kitchen
[7/3/2015 2:52:34 AM] BARNHAM!: gate did not restock the microwaveable TV dinners
[7/3/2015 2:53:00 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Gonna try to solve and probably fail
[7/3/2015 2:53:19 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I've at least definitely figured out two big parts of the trick
[7/3/2015 2:53:20 AM] BARNHAM!: well I might be able to help solve the riddles IF I KNEW WHERE THEY WERE
[7/3/2015 2:56:47 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh s*** I absolutely hate how he programmed the solution game
[7/3/2015 2:56:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This is the worst thing
[7/3/2015 2:56:58 AM] BARNHAM!: will you just tell me how you got to the damn riddles already
[7/3/2015 2:57:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: They're in the kitchen dude
[7/3/2015 2:57:11 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You talk to gate to get them
[7/3/2015 2:57:13 AM] BARNHAM!: and i just told you, theres nothing in the kitchen
[7/3/2015 2:57:16 AM] BARNHAM!: gate is not in the kitchen
[7/3/2015 2:57:34 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: She should be if you already talked to kristoph
[7/3/2015 2:57:40 AM] BARNHAM!: i did
[7/3/2015 2:57:42 AM] BARNHAM!: and she is not there
[7/3/2015 2:57:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Did you get the conversation with trucy about Dorian not moving?
[7/3/2015 2:58:09 AM] BARNHAM!: no, but there isn't a conversation like that at the WAA
[7/3/2015 2:58:12 AM] BARNHAM!: just any ideas and what to do
[7/3/2015 2:58:14 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There also might be something you didn't do with edgey then
[7/3/2015 2:58:21 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Try presenting the audio recording to him
[7/3/2015 2:58:26 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: If you haven't
[7/3/2015 2:59:59 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Annnd the failure convo gives you no help or indication as to where you went wrong, predictably
[7/3/2015 3:00:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Boy do I hate this with all my heart
[7/3/2015 3:00:46 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I feel like I don't even understand what the crime even f***ing was now
[7/3/2015 3:02:01 AM] BARNHAM!: OKAY THERE WE GO
[7/3/2015 3:02:03 AM] BARNHAM!: that was the problem
[7/3/2015 3:02:16 AM] BARNHAM!: he coulda made it a little more clear i had to present the audio recording to edgey
[7/3/2015 3:02:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Trucys hints are so useless
[7/3/2015 3:03:58 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: She literally just says variations on "look out for WORDPLAY!" and I'm like "o ya wordplay why didn't I think of that wordplay is never used in red truth mysteries now it's obvious now just let me read through the f***ing thousand-frame scenario over and over again to find it"
[7/3/2015 3:05:28 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: more than that the wordplay trick is something that I think I already found except there's probably like a dozen of them
[7/3/2015 3:05:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There's no reference made to how many I should be looking for here
[7/3/2015 3:08:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Failed again
[7/3/2015 3:08:48 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: So much hate
[7/3/2015 3:08:57 AM] BARNHAM!: well im on them now
[7/3/2015 3:09:00 AM] BARNHAM!: maybe i'll have better luck
[7/3/2015 3:09:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: My mind does not work at this level I just can't take in all this information and apply it as I'm demanded to
[7/3/2015 3:10:47 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I've picked up on some definite clues but none of them actually come up in the f***ing solution questions
[7/3/2015 3:15:17 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The least he could have done was give some kind of indication that you got the first part of the solution right in gate's dialogue ;-;
[7/3/2015 3:16:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's really f***ing frustrating me that I can't visualize how the windows are supposed to work here
[7/3/2015 3:20:11 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: These f***ing keeeeyyyys
[7/3/2015 3:21:38 AM] BARNHAM!: i can just cheat and look into the script
[7/3/2015 3:21:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Ni
[7/3/2015 3:21:48 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: No
[7/3/2015 3:21:51 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm gonna figure it out
[7/3/2015 3:24:06 AM] BARNHAM!: this information could not be organized any worse is the issue here
[7/3/2015 3:24:41 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: God f***ignanskgmgmk
[7/3/2015 3:25:21 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: When we both get down to our last shots we can cheat
[7/3/2015 3:25:26 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I've got one more attempt
[7/3/2015 3:25:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Have you picked up on anything?
[7/3/2015 3:26:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: If not I can share what I THINK I know
[7/3/2015 3:26:50 AM] BARNHAM!: jack s***
[7/3/2015 3:27:02 AM] BARNHAM!: i have to copy all of this down if Im ever going to get anywhere with it
[7/3/2015 3:27:05 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay
[7/3/2015 3:27:07 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: First of all
[7/3/2015 3:27:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: What killed mr. Black is never specified
[7/3/2015 3:27:36 AM] BARNHAM!: exactly
[7/3/2015 3:27:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This is because he was poisoned, I believe by ms. Yellow
[7/3/2015 3:27:48 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: They drink together at 7:10
[7/3/2015 3:27:55 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I think she poisoned him then
[7/3/2015 3:28:13 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Somewhere down the line black found out and killed her before going back to his own room and dying of the poison
[7/3/2015 3:28:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I just have to figure out how the locked rooms/keys/windows work into this
[7/3/2015 3:29:20 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But I am fairly positive on my killer choices since the only helpful hint trucy gives basically flat out says that it couldn't have been red or green
[7/3/2015 3:29:35 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And the truths only state that one of them is innocent, not that either is guilty
[7/3/2015 3:29:38 AM] BARNHAM!: oh god
[7/3/2015 3:29:47 AM] BARNHAM!: theres not even a c/p feature like there is with AAO
[7/3/2015 3:29:54 AM] BARNHAM!: thiiiiisssss is going to take a while
[7/3/2015 3:30:46 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Gonna f***ing read the whole thing again and see what I pick up on
[7/3/2015 3:32:27 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There's also another thing, it's never said whether the rooms can be locked from the inside or not
[7/3/2015 3:32:30 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Which bothers me
[7/3/2015 3:33:34 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There's basically no problem if black just left his room with his key and went to yellows, killed her, planted his key on her, got her key, locked her door, went back to his open room and locked the door from the inside before dying of poison
[7/3/2015 3:33:48 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But I think I basically presented what this would have amounted to already
[7/3/2015 3:34:32 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And if that was the truth then the windows wouldn't be involved at all unless black shot yellow from his room through both windows being open but that seems pointless when he could have just done it in her room
[7/3/2015 3:34:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Since he'd have had to go there to close her window anyway
[7/3/2015 3:36:01 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: "Murder weapons were found after looking around the two rooms" this might destroy my theory
[7/3/2015 3:36:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I dunno how the poison would be "found"
[7/3/2015 3:38:10 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Another thing is, if black was poisoned technically anyone could have done it or it even could have been an accident as listed
[7/3/2015 3:38:27 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But yellows the only one I have any reason to believe would have/could have done it
[7/3/2015 3:42:02 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm gonna assume that the doors can ONLY be locked with the keys because the theory I put in would have worked otherwise
[7/3/2015 3:42:20 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Would have appreciated a red for that
[7/3/2015 3:42:50 AM] BARNHAM!: i might have just sealed my grave by copying down the whole first part with the timestamps
[7/3/2015 3:43:27 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The time stamps are necessary but I feel like I already figured out what was important about the first parh
[7/3/2015 3:43:32 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Maybe I missed something tho
[7/3/2015 3:43:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm definitely missing something or another
[7/3/2015 3:43:46 AM] BARNHAM!: 7:10
Black and Yellow are in the longue, talking and drinking.

No represenitive would mistake one of the others for someone else.

Red is in the library.

Green is in the hallway.

7:15

Yellow, Black, and Green are in the library.

Red is in the lounge.

7:35

All of the members are gathered in the dining room.

7:50

Black, Red, and Green are in the lounge.

Yellow is upstairs.

8:10

All of the represenatives are gathered in the library.

Green and Red are in the hallway.

Black and Yellow are unknown to Green and Red.
[7/3/2015 3:43:50 AM] BARNHAM!: if its of any help at all
[7/3/2015 3:44:13 AM] BARNHAM!: literally the only time black and yellow are the only two people in the room is the time you found, though
[7/3/2015 3:44:48 AM] BARNHAM!: ...hey...
[7/3/2015 3:44:50 AM] BARNHAM!: here's an idea
[7/3/2015 3:45:03 AM] BARNHAM!: yellow died at 7:50
[7/3/2015 3:45:06 AM] BARNHAM!: she was upstairs
[7/3/2015 3:45:10 AM] BARNHAM!: dead, upstairs
[7/3/2015 3:45:16 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: 8:10
[7/3/2015 3:45:32 AM] BARNHAM!: this one stands out to me because
[7/3/2015 3:45:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: She's seen alive by everyone at 8:10
[7/3/2015 3:46:01 AM] BARNHAM!: 7:50 is the ONLY time Black and Yellow are not grouped together or wow maybe that's just f***ing meaningless and i didn't read a f***ing thing i typed down
[7/3/2015 3:46:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This is so much worse than 5FFFFFFFFFFF
[7/3/2015 3:46:56 AM] BARNHAM!: i bet you feel sorry you ever b****ed about 5F
[7/3/2015 3:47:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I do
[7/3/2015 3:47:16 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Need to apologize to burr
[7/3/2015 3:47:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: "Windows of the two rooms do not face each other" now there's an important red I missed
[7/3/2015 3:48:11 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But if they don't then I have literally no idea whatsoever as to what purpose they could possibly serve
[7/3/2015 3:49:59 AM] BARNHAM!: ive been f***ing around with the idea that
[7/3/2015 3:50:10 AM] BARNHAM!: black opened the window to trade keys
[7/3/2015 3:50:15 AM] BARNHAM!: i don't know why the f*** he did but
[7/3/2015 3:50:38 AM] BARNHAM!: if ENs MUST be included in a game like this there HAS to be a better f***ing way to do it
[7/3/2015 3:50:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: How would the windows be in position to do that if they didn't face each other
[7/3/2015 3:50:51 AM] BARNHAM!: add a temporary thing to the court record
[7/3/2015 3:50:56 AM] BARNHAM!: they face the hallway
[7/3/2015 3:51:00 AM] BARNHAM!: presumably
[7/3/2015 3:51:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: From the way gate was talking you can climb them to the outside of the mansion
[7/3/2015 3:51:36 AM] BARNHAM!: Or so you assumed
[7/3/2015 3:51:42 AM] BARNHAM!: I think I'm onto something, personally
[7/3/2015 3:52:28 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And why would they only be able to be closed from the inside if they went out to the hallway
[7/3/2015 3:54:45 AM] BARNHAM!: maybe theres only a handle on the inside, i don't know
[7/3/2015 3:55:03 AM] BARNHAM!: im just trying to see if i can do anything with this
[7/3/2015 3:55:06 AM] BARNHAM!: literally amything at all
[7/3/2015 3:55:19 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I mean feel free to give it a shot, I'm almost out of ideas
[7/3/2015 3:55:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The keys situation is just driving me bananas because it's the one thing I don't know how to account for at all
[7/3/2015 3:56:20 AM] BARNHAM!: okay... i just have to think out loud here at this point
[7/3/2015 3:58:46 AM] BARNHAM!: black opens yellows door, shoots her in the noggin, and drags her corpse to the window
[7/3/2015 3:59:17 AM] BARNHAM!: he can swap keys with her, but then he needs to get back into the room
[7/3/2015 3:59:28 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: He also needs to close her window
[7/3/2015 3:59:34 AM] BARNHAM!: and that
[7/3/2015 3:59:45 AM] BARNHAM!: holy s*** let me re-read the part 2 reds I THINK I JUST HIT A MAJOR BREAK
[7/3/2015 4:01:36 AM] BARNHAM!: OKAY
[7/3/2015 4:01:38 AM] BARNHAM!: WHAT ABOUT THIS
[7/3/2015 4:01:45 AM] BARNHAM!: nobody climbed -out- of a window
[7/3/2015 4:01:46 AM] BARNHAM!: BUT
[7/3/2015 4:01:52 AM] BARNHAM!: IF THESE WINDOWS FACED THE HALLWAY
[7/3/2015 4:01:57 AM] BARNHAM!: somebody could have climbed -THROUGH- them
[7/3/2015 4:02:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That would be a workable theory but I have no idea how to point something like that out in the solution game... Unless... Hm
[7/3/2015 4:02:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You have any life left?
[7/3/2015 4:02:46 AM] BARNHAM!: some
[7/3/2015 4:02:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay
[7/3/2015 4:02:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Put in this theory for me, one sec
[7/3/2015 4:03:41 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: (Going in order)
[7/3/2015 4:03:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: No
[7/3/2015 4:03:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Mr. Black
[7/3/2015 4:03:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Ms. Yellow
[7/3/2015 4:04:03 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: No
[7/3/2015 4:04:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: After 8:10
[7/3/2015 4:04:19 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: 7:10
[7/3/2015 4:04:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Outside
[7/3/2015 4:04:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Outside
[7/3/2015 4:04:56 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yes
[7/3/2015 4:05:08 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Black's Room
[7/3/2015 4:05:19 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yes
[7/3/2015 4:05:39 AM] BARNHAM!: ABHAHAHfbwj;gt3bwejk;q
[7/3/2015 4:05:40 AM] BARNHAM!: wegh;nm;4ieyhj34io
[7/3/2015 4:05:41 AM] BARNHAM!: YOU DID IT
[7/3/2015 4:05:43 AM] BARNHAM!: YOU F***ING DID IT
[7/3/2015 4:05:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: ...are you serious
[7/3/2015 4:06:04 AM] BARNHAM!: look, i'm a d***head
[7/3/2015 4:06:08 AM] BARNHAM!: i'm not THIS much of a d***head
[7/3/2015 4:06:10 AM] BARNHAM!: you f***ing DID IT
[7/3/2015 4:06:20 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: On this night
[7/3/2015 4:06:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I am Jesus f***ing christ
[7/3/2015 4:06:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I hate dwam with all my heart
[7/3/2015 4:06:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: For making me play this
[7/3/2015 4:06:53 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But I have never had a more satisfying victory in my life
[7/3/2015 4:08:39 AM] BARNHAM!: HEY
[7/3/2015 4:08:43 AM] BARNHAM!: I WAS KIND OF F***ING RIGHT
[7/3/2015 4:08:48 AM] BARNHAM!: I PROBABLY DIDNT HELP AT ALL
[7/3/2015 4:08:50 AM] BARNHAM!: BUT MY WINDOW THEORY
[7/3/2015 4:08:57 AM] BARNHAM!: WAS TOTALLY PART OF THE F***ING SOLUTION
[7/3/2015 4:09:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That actually was the last clue I needed so you totally helped
[7/3/2015 4:09:14 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: We did this
[7/3/2015 4:10:21 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Holy s*** this is so liberating
[7/3/2015 4:15:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Everyone else is just a hater who hates themselves
[7/3/2015 4:15:27 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Andrea lure = roman reigns
[7/3/2015 4:16:06 AM] BARNHAM!: looney reigns, anyway
[7/3/2015 4:16:08 AM] BARNHAM!: baleeldat
[7/3/2015 4:17:26 AM] BARNHAM!: she would [Censored : No lesson on male anatomy, please...] this here fist
[7/3/2015 4:17:30 AM] BARNHAM!: and make it REIGN in that B****
[7/3/2015 4:18:40 AM] BARNHAM!: sure is some suspicious memory wiping going on around here
[7/3/2015 4:18:53 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: quite
[7/3/2015 4:20:09 AM] BARNHAM!: you should also know, dwam almost earned himself a nekopara for this segment
[7/3/2015 4:20:16 AM] BARNHAM!: i decided to let it slide since we solved it
[7/3/2015 4:20:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I unfortunately spared dwam
[7/3/2015 4:21:26 AM] BARNHAM!: i bought up deliahgate earlier
[7/3/2015 4:21:27 AM] BARNHAM!: this
[7/3/2015 4:21:34 AM] BARNHAM!: this is a FAR more accurate time to use deliahgate
[7/3/2015 4:21:35 AM] BARNHAM!: isn't it
[7/3/2015 4:21:58 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yes
[7/3/2015 4:22:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: CALLED IT
[7/3/2015 4:23:59 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: this is apollo's apartment from departed
[7/3/2015 4:25:51 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Contrary to his Phoenix btw I think dwam's trucy is absolutely perfect
[7/3/2015 4:26:16 AM] BARNHAM!: hmm
[7/3/2015 4:26:20 AM] BARNHAM!: i cant seem to get anything to trigger
[7/3/2015 4:26:39 AM] BARNHAM!: i showed deliahgate the picture and lures profile
[7/3/2015 4:26:42 AM] BARNHAM!: what else...
[7/3/2015 4:26:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh
[7/3/2015 4:27:05 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Dorian
[7/3/2015 4:27:13 AM] BARNHAM!: jeez duh
[7/3/2015 4:34:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: now I have no idea what to do
[7/3/2015 4:37:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Are you examining the house?
[7/3/2015 4:37:36 AM] BARNHAM!: Im trying to find something
[7/3/2015 4:37:46 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Is there anything besides the pills and calendar
[7/3/2015 4:37:57 AM] BARNHAM!: calendar...?
[7/3/2015 4:38:02 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: S'all I can find but I got no indication that was it
[7/3/2015 4:38:10 AM] BARNHAM!: wait you mean the murder plan
[7/3/2015 4:38:15 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: No
[7/3/2015 4:38:17 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I mean calendar
[7/3/2015 4:39:24 AM] BARNHAM!: where did you find a calnder
[7/3/2015 4:39:27 AM] BARNHAM!: calender
[7/3/2015 4:39:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's... The calendar on the wall
[7/3/2015 4:39:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's between the kitchen and the blinds
[7/3/2015 4:39:54 AM] BARNHAM!: i
[7/3/2015 4:39:56 AM] BARNHAM!: i missed it
[7/3/2015 4:40:24 AM] BARNHAM!: logic dictates to present the calendar to someone
[7/3/2015 4:40:28 AM] BARNHAM!: ive already tried everything else
[7/3/2015 4:40:39 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I already tried that as well
[7/3/2015 4:40:43 AM] BARNHAM!: not mike schmidt
[7/3/2015 4:41:08 AM] BARNHAM!: not edgeworth aannnnnnddd
[7/3/2015 4:41:23 AM] BARNHAM!: not deliahgate
[7/3/2015 4:41:26 AM] BARNHAM!: this is troubling
[7/3/2015 4:42:30 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This has to be the longest investigation in any fancase ever also
[7/3/2015 4:42:48 AM] BARNHAM!: f*** it
[7/3/2015 4:42:51 AM] BARNHAM!: peeking at the walkthrough
[7/3/2015 4:42:56 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Dwam said this was only five hours
[7/3/2015 4:43:01 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The riddle alone could take five hours
[7/3/2015 4:43:07 AM] BARNHAM!: [REDACTED - Thanks for the suggestion, DeeYo!]
[7/3/2015 4:43:12 AM] BARNHAM!: deeyo got nekopara for his birthday
[7/3/2015 4:43:19 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Wait
[7/3/2015 4:43:25 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Is that really on the part we need
[7/3/2015 4:43:26 AM] BARNHAM!: he deserved it
[7/3/2015 4:43:28 AM] BARNHAM!: no
[7/3/2015 4:43:34 AM] BARNHAM!: that's for DeliahGate
[7/3/2015 4:43:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Ah
[7/3/2015 4:44:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well I mean frankly I had to suffer through it so now I feel everyone else should
[7/3/2015 4:44:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: So what do we need here
[7/3/2015 4:45:04 AM] BARNHAM!: "move to Wright Anything Agency"
[7/3/2015 4:45:07 AM] BARNHAM!: "Point to bracelet"
[7/3/2015 4:45:21 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: What the f*** why
[7/3/2015 4:45:40 AM] BARNHAM!: all i know is what it says on the tin
[7/3/2015 4:46:03 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: ...and additionally, what bracelet
[7/3/2015 4:46:44 AM] BARNHAM!: tryyyyiiing to figure that out myself
[7/3/2015 4:46:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I can find nothing examinabke
[7/3/2015 4:47:28 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I also do not see a walkthrough
[7/3/2015 4:47:43 AM] BARNHAM!: PyWright>Games>Turnabout Curtain
[7/3/2015 4:47:45 AM] BARNHAM!: its included
[7/3/2015 4:47:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh
[7/3/2015 4:49:21 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Beginning to think this is a massive bug
[7/3/2015 4:49:36 AM] BARNHAM!: DWaM: did you present apollo's and jeremiah's profile to edgeworth?
TheGodaiFly: i did not
[7/3/2015 4:49:40 AM] BARNHAM!: theres the problem
[7/3/2015 4:49:54 AM] BARNHAM!: DWaM: (i think you also have to present jeremiah's profile to deliah)
[7/3/2015 4:49:57 AM] BARNHAM!: so do that just in case
[7/3/2015 4:50:03 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I did the latter already
[7/3/2015 4:50:16 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Only thing I didn't do was present apollo to edgey
[7/3/2015 4:50:20 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Boy that's contrived tho
[7/3/2015 4:52:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: k there we go
[7/3/2015 4:53:43 AM] BARNHAM!: OH
[7/3/2015 4:53:45 AM] BARNHAM!: AND DORIANS PHOTO
[7/3/2015 4:54:10 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh I already did that too
[7/3/2015 4:54:15 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm proceeding normally now
[7/3/2015 5:01:25 AM] BARNHAM!: well this
[7/3/2015 5:01:27 AM] BARNHAM!: sure is
[7/3/2015 5:01:28 AM] BARNHAM!: a thing
[7/3/2015 5:01:31 AM] BARNHAM!: that is happening
[7/3/2015 5:01:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yep
[7/3/2015 5:02:33 AM] BARNHAM!: is this what you meant by "playing as the killer"
[7/3/2015 5:02:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well I'm not sure how it works here
[7/3/2015 5:03:02 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: But it might be similar
[7/3/2015 5:03:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Hell this might have been part of the trick in undone curtain we never got to see
[7/3/2015 5:03:53 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Trucy is broken
[7/3/2015 5:05:46 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This was also a background in something but I don't remember what
[7/3/2015 5:06:04 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: OKAY FINALLY DONE WITH THAT PART
[7/3/2015 5:06:30 AM] BARNHAM!: we're through the worst of it
[7/3/2015 5:06:31 AM] BARNHAM!: have to be
[7/3/2015 5:06:59 AM] BARNHAM!: ohhh
[7/3/2015 5:07:00 AM] BARNHAM!: OOOOHHH
[7/3/2015 5:07:02 AM] BARNHAM!: OHHHHHH
[7/3/2015 5:07:06 AM] BARNHAM!: NICK DIDNT TELL HYDE ONE THING
[7/3/2015 5:07:20 AM] BARNHAM!: THAT DELIAHGATE WAS RULED INNOCENT
[7/3/2015 5:07:24 AM] BARNHAM!: THIS IS GONNA BITE HIM IN THE ASS
[7/3/2015 5:07:26 AM] BARNHAM!: SOMEHOW
[7/3/2015 5:08:00 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: My guess at this point is that Hyde is Andrea's husband
[7/3/2015 5:08:25 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Also yeah this seems to work quite similarly to how playing the killer did in the original
[7/3/2015 5:09:49 AM] BARNHAM!: the plot twist is
[7/3/2015 5:09:52 AM] BARNHAM!: its cross cosplaying as nick
[7/3/2015 5:14:52 AM] BARNHAM!: A WATER BALOON
[7/3/2015 5:14:57 AM] BARNHAM!: how is Canadian judgey still alive
[7/3/2015 5:15:02 AM] BARNHAM!: pretty sure that's a lethal weapon
[7/3/2015 5:18:33 AM] BARNHAM!: so i guess technically
[7/3/2015 5:18:36 AM] BARNHAM!: Apollo was the killer
[7/3/2015 5:18:39 AM] BARNHAM!: in a way
[7/3/2015 5:24:59 AM] BARNHAM!: you didn't fall asleep did you
[7/3/2015 5:25:05 AM] BARNHAM!: cuz im not waiting for you if you did
[7/3/2015 5:25:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Nah
[7/3/2015 5:25:08 AM] BARNHAM!: i literally- o k
[7/3/2015 5:25:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Just pressing
[7/3/2015 5:25:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Not much to comment on atm
[7/3/2015 5:29:58 AM] BARNHAM!: ...this
[7/3/2015 5:30:04 AM] BARNHAM!: this should not have beebn a hard first contridction
[7/3/2015 5:30:05 AM] BARNHAM!: im dumb
[7/3/2015 5:30:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Did you get it?
[7/3/2015 5:30:40 AM] BARNHAM!: I did
[7/3/2015 5:34:49 AM] BARNHAM!: hey
[7/3/2015 5:34:54 AM] BARNHAM!: a thought- no...
[7/3/2015 5:34:56 AM] BARNHAM!: i'm stupid
[7/3/2015 5:35:01 AM] BARNHAM!: that doesn't work
[7/3/2015 5:35:10 AM] BARNHAM!: i was going to propose the possibility that hobbes is hyde
[7/3/2015 5:35:48 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah dunno how that one would work
[7/3/2015 5:36:18 AM] BARNHAM!: i mean...
[7/3/2015 5:36:21 AM] BARNHAM!: hes a police detective
[7/3/2015 5:36:27 AM] BARNHAM!: maybe he has access to a phony corpse
[7/3/2015 5:36:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That's the worst foreshadowed twist of all time if so
[7/3/2015 5:44:15 AM] BARNHAM!: uhhh
[7/3/2015 5:44:18 AM] BARNHAM!: what in gods name is the
[7/3/2015 5:44:19 AM] BARNHAM!: ....
[7/3/2015 5:44:20 AM] BARNHAM!: wait...
[7/3/2015 5:44:30 AM] BARNHAM!: well
[7/3/2015 5:44:34 AM] BARNHAM!: THATS the bloody clothing all right
[7/3/2015 5:44:44 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: yep
[7/3/2015 5:51:22 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I love that wright went into full-on storm the gates mode here all bc he made trucy cry
[7/3/2015 5:51:26 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Too dorb
[7/3/2015 5:52:08 AM] BARNHAM!: man
[7/3/2015 5:52:19 AM] BARNHAM!: this is some fascinating story structure
[7/3/2015 5:52:28 AM] BARNHAM!: hyde is STILL pulling off reasonable doubt her despite the fact
[7/3/2015 5:52:30 AM] BARNHAM!: we KNOW he did it
[7/3/2015 5:52:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm also playing as a totally different character now and I can't tell if my penalties to this point still apply or not
[7/3/2015 5:53:04 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah the clothes theory was a pretty clever one you'd never think of yourself
[7/3/2015 5:53:30 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It's understandable that it never comes up beforehand at all while still being able to arrive at it when pressed into the deepest corner
[7/3/2015 5:57:27 AM] BARNHAM!: wow im behind
[7/3/2015 5:57:38 AM] BARNHAM!: i just got to the point where nick wants hydes head for making trucy cry
[7/3/2015 5:57:45 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: o
[7/3/2015 5:58:03 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I'm still on the rebuttal so you aren't that far
[7/3/2015 5:59:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh Phoenix doesn't get penalized
[7/3/2015 6:00:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh or after a few misses the judge arbitrarily ends it and game overs you yeah k that's cool
[7/3/2015 6:00:41 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Very intuitive design
[7/3/2015 6:02:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Better be a way I can reload my f***ing save
[7/3/2015 6:02:49 AM] BARNHAM!: it does autosave all the time...
[7/3/2015 6:02:57 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah but where are those stored
[7/3/2015 6:03:20 AM] BARNHAM!: turnabout_curtain
[7/3/2015 6:03:23 AM] BARNHAM!: save backup folder
[7/3/2015 6:03:29 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And how do you use those
[7/3/2015 6:03:34 AM] BARNHAM!: idk
[7/3/2015 6:03:36 AM] BARNHAM!: i haven't needed to
[7/3/2015 6:03:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well I do
[7/3/2015 6:04:41 AM] BARNHAM!: well uh keep d***ing around with it i guess
[7/3/2015 6:04:48 AM] BARNHAM!: maybe ask dwam if he can help
[7/3/2015 6:04:53 AM] BARNHAM!: he must know a bit about how it works
[7/3/2015 6:04:56 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I don't even know how to d*** around with it
[7/3/2015 6:05:00 AM] BARNHAM!: also i got the contradiction
[7/3/2015 6:05:24 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The old pywright used to just have a bar where you could load from
[7/3/2015 6:05:29 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That doesn't exist now
[7/3/2015 6:05:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Anyway wait for me until I figure this out
[7/3/2015 6:05:49 AM] BARNHAM!: like i said, ask dwam, hes been using pywright
[7/3/2015 6:05:53 AM] BARNHAM!: he can very likely help
[7/3/2015 6:08:31 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Okay
[7/3/2015 6:08:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Future reference, it's f7
[7/3/2015 6:09:36 AM] BARNHAM!: if you happen to need to know the solution to the rebuttal, im here
[7/3/2015 6:09:41 AM] BARNHAM!: its not that hard actually
[7/3/2015 6:09:59 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Yeah I didn't think it was I just starting going crazy when it seemed like there were no penalties here
[7/3/2015 6:11:41 AM] BARNHAM!: i love mike schmidt
[7/3/2015 6:11:42 AM] BARNHAM!: so goddamn much
[7/3/2015 6:11:56 AM] BARNHAM!: my favorite dwam oc used to be the butler
[7/3/2015 6:11:58 AM] BARNHAM!: its him now
[7/3/2015 6:16:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The camera footage probably should have worked there
[7/3/2015 6:16:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Same idea
[7/3/2015 6:17:04 AM] BARNHAM!: ehh its a stretch but maybe
[7/3/2015 6:17:09 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I mean not really
[7/3/2015 6:17:19 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: In fact that's a better present imo
[7/3/2015 6:17:22 AM] BARNHAM!: well
[7/3/2015 6:17:24 AM] BARNHAM!: for what its worth
[7/3/2015 6:17:28 AM] BARNHAM!: my first thought was apollo
[7/3/2015 6:17:28 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The contradiction is she couldn't have known he would come back
[7/3/2015 6:17:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And... The footage depicts the moment he comes back
[7/3/2015 6:19:55 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: omfg the call Franziska option is incredible
[7/3/2015 6:20:03 AM] BARNHAM!: it was rather illogical
[7/3/2015 6:20:05 AM] BARNHAM!: if you ask me
[7/3/2015 6:21:37 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: How many times can one man say ergo: the case
[7/3/2015 6:21:48 AM] BARNHAM!: who even says ergo
[7/3/2015 6:21:49 AM] BARNHAM!: ever
[7/3/2015 6:21:58 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Logicians
[7/3/2015 6:30:09 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: ...incidentally it's also possible Hyde is deliah's ex
[7/3/2015 6:50:11 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: This is the greatest CE of all time
[7/3/2015 6:50:52 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Just... Everything about it is perfect and I've had chills this entire time
[7/3/2015 6:51:03 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: The f***ing progressive sprite changes are brilliant
[7/3/2015 6:54:22 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: There's always a plan B
[7/3/2015 6:55:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: ...also are you still there
[7/3/2015 6:55:21 AM] BARNHAM!: i am
[7/3/2015 6:55:23 AM] BARNHAM!: ive just been pressing
[7/3/2015 6:55:29 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Ah
[7/3/2015 6:56:09 AM] BARNHAM!: and reading
[7/3/2015 6:56:12 AM] BARNHAM!: and im ahead so yanno
[7/3/2015 6:56:14 AM] BARNHAM!: don't wanna spoil
[7/3/2015 6:56:32 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Oh you are ahead? Huh
[7/3/2015 6:56:49 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Tiala just came back from the mansion
[7/3/2015 7:01:26 AM] BARNHAM!: thank god he at least put life bar refills in though
[7/3/2015 7:01:43 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Quite
[7/3/2015 7:01:43 AM] BARNHAM!: fancases, pywright especially
[7/3/2015 7:01:46 AM] BARNHAM!: are REALLY bad about this
[7/3/2015 7:10:34 AM] BARNHAM!: spider man did it
[7/3/2015 7:10:37 AM] BARNHAM!: case closed everyone
[7/3/2015 7:11:10 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Just now realized
[7/3/2015 7:11:18 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Major typo-ish
[7/3/2015 7:11:27 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It says the note was found in TIALA'S apartment
[7/3/2015 7:11:38 AM] BARNHAM!: oh yeah
[7/3/2015 7:11:39 AM] BARNHAM!: easy fix tho
[7/3/2015 7:12:00 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well not so much in pywright
[7/3/2015 7:12:08 AM] BARNHAM!: i don't know how pywright works but
[7/3/2015 7:12:09 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You have to release a whole new version for updates technically
[7/3/2015 7:12:12 AM] BARNHAM!: it cant be that much harder
[7/3/2015 7:12:20 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Changing it alone shouldn't be hard no
[7/3/2015 7:15:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: mmf
[7/3/2015 7:15:11 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I thought it was a trick question
[7/3/2015 7:15:33 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: That they couldn't control his death but that didn't actually matter because they knew when his death would be anyway
[7/3/2015 7:15:44 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I blame phrasing
[7/3/2015 7:16:16 AM] BARNHAM!: i have lifebar to burn anyway
[7/3/2015 7:16:18 AM] BARNHAM!: and if it wasn't that
[7/3/2015 7:16:20 AM] BARNHAM!: it was the other thing
[7/3/2015 7:16:22 AM] BARNHAM!: i wasn't worried
[7/3/2015 7:16:29 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Well
[7/3/2015 7:16:34 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: It game overs you is the thing
[7/3/2015 7:16:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: So no you don't
[7/3/2015 7:16:42 AM] BARNHAM!: what
[7/3/2015 7:16:46 AM] BARNHAM!: i did not get a game over
[7/3/2015 7:16:56 AM] BARNHAM!: i just took a penalty
[7/3/2015 7:16:56 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Then we're talking about a different choice entirely
[7/3/2015 7:17:03 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Because on that one you do get a game over
[7/3/2015 7:26:44 AM] BARNHAM!: orbhnwekw]h
[7/3/2015 7:26:44 AM] BARNHAM!: herehioryjh
[7/3/2015 7:26:45 AM] BARNHAM!: u54iojgweriohe
[7/3/2015 7:26:46 AM] BARNHAM!: wyhowi4
[7/3/2015 7:26:47 AM] BARNHAM!: ejhwgo
[7/3/2015 7:26:48 AM] BARNHAM!: WHAT THE F***
[7/3/2015 7:26:49 AM] BARNHAM!: ghiowtgiwe
[7/3/2015 7:26:50 AM] BARNHAM!: y4
[7/3/2015 7:26:52 AM] BARNHAM!: WHAT IS HAPPENING
[7/3/2015 7:26:54 AM] BARNHAM!: OH MY GOD
[7/3/2015 7:26:56 AM] BARNHAM!: IS THIS
[7/3/2015 7:28:43 AM] BARNHAM!: OKAY THIS IS NOT AS INSANE AS I THOUGHT MOST LIKLEY
[7/3/2015 7:28:45 AM] BARNHAM!: BUT I THOUGHT WE WERE GOING ON SOME TOC S*** OVER HERE
[7/3/2015 7:29:11 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I did find the gender marking for hyde questionable
[7/3/2015 7:32:55 AM] BARNHAM!: this
[7/3/2015 7:32:59 AM] BARNHAM!: this was a VERY ballsy move
[7/3/2015 7:34:25 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: it's certainly... a thing
[7/3/2015 7:34:49 AM] BARNHAM!: like think whatever you want about it
[7/3/2015 7:34:54 AM] BARNHAM!: because of the way the community is
[7/3/2015 7:34:56 AM] BARNHAM!: and the way fangames are
[7/3/2015 7:35:03 AM] BARNHAM!: and the way s*** like this is considered sacreligious
[7/3/2015 7:35:07 AM] BARNHAM!: he had some f***ing BALLS to go here
[7/3/2015 7:35:11 AM] BARNHAM!: i'm speechless
[7/3/2015 7:46:40 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Man that was a terrible hint tho
[7/3/2015 7:47:06 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: You were given nothing to deduce anything about the effects of f***in' possession
[7/3/2015 7:53:17 AM] BARNHAM!: oh
[7/3/2015 7:53:17 AM] BARNHAM!: my
[7/3/2015 7:53:19 AM] BARNHAM!: f***ing
[7/3/2015 7:53:19 AM] BARNHAM!: god
[7/3/2015 7:55:42 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: on epilogue
[7/3/2015 7:57:39 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Trucy is the best
[7/3/2015 8:11:44 AM] BARNHAM!: ...i
[7/3/2015 8:11:47 AM] BARNHAM!: i was joking, y'know
[7/3/2015 8:11:58 AM] BARNHAM!: but he actually...
[7/3/2015 8:12:05 AM] BARNHAM!: he really COULD have gotten away with the last name
[7/3/2015 8:12:08 AM] BARNHAM!: as a throwaway name for an OC
[7/3/2015 8:12:12 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Wait no I was serious about that
[7/3/2015 8:12:13 AM] BARNHAM!: literally nobody would have cared
[7/3/2015 8:12:20 AM] BARNHAM!: Well -I- was joking
[7/3/2015 8:12:23 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: He clearly hated Apollo in the pre-case
[7/3/2015 8:12:38 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: I didn't even realize the last name until you mentioned it and then it made perfect sense
[7/3/2015 8:12:50 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Plus he directly mentioned having a sister
[7/3/2015 8:15:16 AM] BARNHAM!: well
[7/3/2015 8:15:23 AM] BARNHAM!: that was a truly fascinating experience
[7/3/2015 8:16:04 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: Indeed
[7/3/2015 8:17:17 AM] BARNHAM!: like
[7/3/2015 8:17:21 AM] Gost Star Fox Idiots: And now the umineko credits hour
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Also, as a beta-tester, it continues to amuse me that:
Spoiler : BIG TCurtain Spoilers :
The two biggest concerns people have with this case legitimately didn't even cause me to bat an eyelid. I'm talking about the riddle and the ending. The riddle, I actually got since drinks = poison and going from there... Magic! But the ending is an interesting case. See, when it got to the point to present Verity, I had already gone "ah, okay. Verity has to be the killer." Now, true, I hadn't gotten to "ghost" yet but... Well, when it revealed it, I felt like everything clicked into place. How could Verity impersonate Apollo if she's A) dead and B) a ghost? What was that sound Apollo heard that no-one else did? How could Hyde have Apollo's prints? Why did Apollo literally transform in the case?! Like, I still went "WTF?!" but that was more out of "wow. that is crazy!" than "IMPOSSIBRUUUUUUUUU!!!"

So, later, when BB was saying how ballsy a move was to me I was just thinking "wait. what?" Now, thinking about it, yeah. That is something I can see people having trouble with in this community but, like, it just seemed like a good ending to me! And, besides, I hadn't seen it done before so it was neat.

None of this actually means anything, really, but it still just amuses me that the big "Uh-oh" moments were just "oh. Neat!" moments to me. XD