[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Mathias_Trueman
Spoken languages: English

Re: [M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Post by Mathias_Trueman »

Spoiler : Red Truth List :
1. Detective Gumshoe’s death was instantaneous.

2. Everything Ms. Basil said about Blue Screens Inc.’s inventions and projects is true.

3. Larry did not move from the spot marked on the map at any point while Phoenix Wright was inside Nanotech.

4. The culprit was in the same room as Lisa at the moment of Lisa’s death.
Spoiler : Full Theory Recap :
Edgeworth is the culprit.

Gumshoe was convinced by Edgeworth to play dead in order to showcase the capabilities of MINERVA to the group. Edgeworth then killed him for real when he examined the body.

During the group's stay at Nanotech, Edgeworth snuck away and went to Thermo, purposefully setting the power intake of the machines there such that it would cause a blackout later.

As for Basil's death, I propose that there is a switch inside of Nanotech that can turn off the metal detector. (Considering that technicians need to be able to move machinery to and from the lab, it makes sense that they might need to be able to turn it off sometimes.) Once Edgeworth turned it off, he used the nanomachines to crawl up Larry's back. To Larry it felt like a mouse or a series of bugs, which caused him to freak out and close his eyes as they neared his face. Edgeworth used this oppurtunity to go to and from the storage room. Larry wouldn't tell anyone about this type of distraction because it made him look weak, and Larry never wants to look weak- especially around women (Maya, and the not-yet-discovered Basil).

When the blackout finally occurred, Edgeworth knocked out everyone. He then went back to Robotics and retrieved the knife, killing Larry, doing something to Maya and knocking out Phoenix. He then killed himself.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Mathias :
Remiel: A decent effort, I suppose...
Remiel: But things are going to get thorny quite quickly.
Lisa: As I believe I told you during the tour...
Lisa: The facility's security system is infallible.
Lisa: If the metal detector could be circumvented with a simple switch...
Lisa: That would be quite a large flaw, wouldn't it be?
Remiel: Of course, you could argue that it took more than "a simple switch" to disable the metal detector...
Remiel: And revise your theory from that angle.
Remiel: However, do not forget that Knox's 8th is still in play...
Remiel: I would suggest considering carefully whether this theory is worth pursuing.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Spoiler : BP :
How long
How long has it been since I arrived in this fragment

Goddammit. Time has slipped again. It's the hunger, I think. It's making me lose my mind. Physically, it feels like days have passed. Mentally, besides a slight haze to my memory, it's like only seconds.

Is this one of his tricks? Or is this just the fact that I was never made to sync with this form...

Whatever. Dinner awaits.

Phoenix: Alright. So, No corpse relevant to the story is ever moved. That means I have two options. Either I abandon this theory or I look for wordplay that will save it...

Phoenix: ...Well. The easiest way to work around this wordplay is to somehow make it so Gumshoe's corpse is somehow irrelevant to the story. Maybe dying before the story begins makes his corpse irrelevant somehow?

Phoenix: Hm. Nah, that's a stretch.

Phoenix: (Alright, let's try something else then.)

Phoenix: Okay. It's time for me to flip the checkerboard put myself in your seat, then. If I can fact check what I have, I should be able to come to the truth. Only one truth will prevail.

Phoenix: (Those aren't my catchphrases...)

Phoenix: There are only two possible kinds of killers in this case. Human... Or robot. So, which is it.

Phoenix: If it's a human, we run into a problem with the first murder. Since, I was the last person to leave Robotics, the killer would have remained trapped in the room. I'd like to say it's possible they simply hid in the room until I returned, but before we left Composites I saw that pretty much everyone was there.

Phoenix: We also have the fact that Larry didn't see anyone leaving storage, but that's easily worked around even if the culprit is human. Larry just wasn't paying attention at that time. We know how easily distracted Larry is, I doubt he stood stock still until we came out. Or maybe the killer moved when Larry blinked or something, either way Larry could have just not seen them.

Phoenix: I mean, it's not like Larry is an infallible detective like me. Mwehehehe...

Phoenix: (Have I always laughed like that?)

Phoenix: On the other hand, a killer robot can get past both reds stopping them from sneaking around. So, I think we can safely say that the culprit is a robot.

Phoenix: To begin, we can eliminate Phoenix Wright as the killer. That's easy enough. Next, let's see who has a solid alibi.

Phoenix: (...Ah! Thank goodness. For a second, I almost suspected you. But I can strike you from the list.)

Phoenix: We can establish Maya Fey and Miles Edgeworth as having a solid alibi. If they tried to exit Nanotech before we left as a group, the metal detector would have gone off if either of them were robots. We can also rule out Larry at that point in time, since he was glued firmly in place outside the door.

Phoenix: Of course, there's an even easier way to rule out all three. If any of them were the culprit, I would have seen them turn off the lights for the final set of murders.

Phoenix: Uh... Provided I'm not the most inattentive being in the universe.

Phoenix: So, this leaves us with two possible suspects. Lisa Basil and Dick Gumshoe.

Phoenix: Normally we'd rule them out because they're victims, but not today. Not when robot doubles are involved.

Phoenix: I've already established the possibility of Detective Gumshoe's double, but I've never looked at the possibility of Lisa's double!

Phoenix: ...She looks a lot like a robot. And, uh, process of elimination? f u c i d i n

Phoenix: Well, either way I'm left with two possibilities.

Phoenix: The same general theory as before but real Gumshoe existed in the facility, alive but incapacitated and hidden in...say... the security room, and when RoboShoe was left alone, he fetched Gumshoe and killed him in Robotics before leaving. This way Gumshoe's corpse wasn't moved after death, but...

Phoenix: (Why would RoboShoe do that, beyond screwing over the meta?)

Phoenix: (The meta?)

Phoenix: Alternatively, the killer is Robot-Lisa Basil. She slipped out of Composites while I was distracted, killed Gumshoe and returned to Composites before we headed to Robotics to find the body. The Real Lisa Basil was dead in storage from the start, so Robasil didn't go to storage at all when getting the solvent for Larry. In this way, the killer seemed to disappear from the room without having to leave it or hide in it. (Alternatively, she just left after heading into storage since Larry's red only applies to humans.) She then turned off the lights and killed everyone but me.

Phoenix: Simple.

Phoenix: Ah! There is one other possibility.

Phoenix: ...Well, alternatively, generally the same theory as above, but with one difference. Instead of Robasil sneaking around the facility, there is one other possible robot who we can name as a possible culprit. Robot Remiel, or Roboiel! Since you were introduced at the start of the story, you should be fair game, right? All Roboiel would have to do is hide in storage, sneak into robotics, slash Gumshoes throat, return to storage, wait for Lisa Basil to enter, kill her, leave the room and then wait to turn off the lights and kill everyone. This would be easy since, as a robot, my and Larry's reds wouldn't apply to you.

Phoenix: ...And if robots are fair game, considering I don't even really know you, I don't even have to establish any doubles. You could be a robot and that's that.

Phoenix: Well, what do you think everyone?
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : enigma :
Remiel: Let me explain to you, Mr. Wright.
Remiel: The burning, seething, utter hatred I hold towards you.
Remiel: The endless pit of contempt.
Remiel: These are true, raw emotions...
Remiel: Nothing that could ever possibly be simulated by a computer...
Remiel: Yes, with these feelings...
Remiel: I can only be human.
Remiel: As for your other theories...
Remiel: I won't get bogged down with pointless discussions on "fairness."
Remiel: As much as you likely wanted this escape hatch...
Remiel: So that you could accuse your "friends" without accusing your friends...
Remiel: I will not allow you to wiggle out of this predicament that easily.
Remiel: There are no doubles.
Remiel: Flip the checkerboard as many times as you want...
Remiel: As long as you're playing checkers and I'm playing chess, you'll never win.
IUndercoverTroll

Post by IUndercoverTroll »

I think I've made a good summary of the most recent Endless Nights (Spoilers obviously).
enigma

Post by enigma »

Spoiler : BeeP :
Phoenix: Hate... Hate, huh?
Phoenix: Heh... Hehehe...
Phoenix: You don't know what hate is, Remiel.
Phoenix: Hate isn't a red sword. Hate isn't a weapon afforded to the strong.
Phoenix: Hate isn't the tool of the prosecutor who dishes out lies, abuse and violence.
Phoenix: Those who have all the power, the upperhand, don't get the right to have hatred.
Phoenix: It's a hunger. A disease. A poison that flows through you and spreads like wildfire until you feel that the only joy left to you is to consume and destroy the pretty little riddles and mysteries that those with all the answers have spent so long building up.
Phoenix: Hate belongs to the defense attorneys!
Phoenix: Well, whatever.
Phoenix: You've managed to cut down most of my theories with that rule about no doubles. But I'm not back to square one. In the name of my mentor, I'll solve this case! I can still pull off a turnabout.
Phoenix: The killer is Remiel, a human intruder in Blue Screens inc. If we deny Gumshoe and Lisa Basil as being robots (and the fact that you said robots can't die, when you were mocking me, proves that) then we also deny either of them being the killer. Therefore, through a process of elimination we can work out that the killer must, logically, be an unknown entity. And thanks to knox... That culprit can only be you! or bp, actually, but let's just go with remiel. You snuck by Larry to get into and out of storage using the technique earlier mentioned of Larry simply not seeing you. That's simple enough. However, for the first murder seems a bit tricky... At first. But I've worked it out. Since I was the last one to leave the room (thus seemingly giving everyone an alibi) there can only be one solution.

You never left the room.

All you had to do was hide in the room, perhaps in what I presume is a closet or behind the whiteboard or such. Then, once we retreated after checking Gumshoe's body, you snuck out again and waited to slaughter the rest of us!

Phoenix: No doubles, no killer robot, no moving the body.

Phoenix: Of course, I need to sneak you into the building since there should only be five people in the facility... But that's easy to work around. You screwed with the canon, and had Maya Fey be a robot! She has no pulse, because she's a robot, but she's not a double nor the killer. Just a regular robot girl.

Phoenix: QED. That ends my demonstration... For now. Any rebuttals?
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: ...
Remiel: ...heh...
Remiel: Ahahahahahahaha!
Remiel: Ridiculous.
Remiel: Absolutely ridiculous, Mr. Wright.
Remiel: "QED"? I'd say don't make me laugh...
Remiel: But it's already too late for that.
Remiel: Do you really believe that even Larry could miss someone in an empty hallway?
Remiel: Or more importantly...
Remiel: Do you really think I would choose such a trivial solution?
Remiel: Heheh... Let's just make it official...
Remiel: As long as Larry Butz was stuck in place, he would have noticed and at least glanced at anybody who left the storage hallway.
Remiel: But I'm not quite finished tearing this theory to shreds yet.
Remiel: Let me eviscerate the other cornerstone of your solution.
Remiel: The culprit was not in Robotics at the moment Phoenix Wright left Composites.
Remiel: This obviously disproves your simple 'lolhiding' theory...
Remiel: But don't you even dare suggest that I somehow entered Robotics and murdered Gumshoe...
Remiel: In the span of time as you walked down the hallway from Composites to Robotics...
Remiel: Without you or anyone else noticing.
Remiel: Heheheh...
Remiel: I think that's enough for now.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Spoiler : BP :
Phoenix: Heh. You can't blame me, can you? Saying Larry's not the brightest bulb in the box is an understatement.
Phoenix: Larry is a rock someone accidentally put in a light box.
Phoenix: Well, in any case, all you've done is reseal the first locked room.
Phoenix: But... My little grey cells are still twitching. So I'll just tear it back down!
Phoenix: My theory isn't dead yet. Though, it's presumptuous.

Phoenix: It's wordplay, isn't it?
Phoenix: (Mainly because I can't see any way that it can't be an intruder considering the whole process of elimination and all...)

Phoenix: My theory is mostly the same as before. The killer is still Remiel or BP, whichever one of you came up with this story. Whichever one of you is the author. When the red states I was the last person to leave robotics it's true, but from the meta. The I being referred to is the writer of the story. Since they wrote the story, the words on a meta level come from them. Therefore the true statement is: "BP/Remiel was the last person to leave robotics." So, after killing Gumshoe, the killer just had to leave the room. As for the second locked room, Larry never saw the killer leave because they were hiding in the room. Edgeworth didn't see a place to hide, but that's exactly why he dismissed a proper search (like inside the weird thing with a door behind Lisa's body) when the killer was hiding in the room the entire time. The rest remains the same!

Phoenix: ...
Phoenix: ....
Phoenix: .....

Phoenix: Actually, I just remembered that Remiel isn't your true name, so just for good measure: The exact same theory, but instead of I referring to the author, your true name is I.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

darn sequence breakers
IUndercoverTroll

Post by IUndercoverTroll »

So now that Endless Nights 15 has seem to come to a close I'd like to ask if there's some advice on making a Umineko game board like the ones in Endless Nights because I would like to make stuff like this (though I'd prefer that I don't get spoiled on Umineko as I'm still on episode 4).
smkramer313

[M] Endless Nights Round 16 - The Revival

Post by smkramer313 »

It appears that it is now time for a revival of this thread. I suppose revival is also a fitting theme in this next round. I hope all of the human participants suffer immensely from enjoy this round that I have to offer.

I present to you all...

Endless Nights Round 16: The Revival

Best of luck, human side!
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Ohoho. At least it didn't take five more years to make a new one of these. Time to strike.
Spoiler : :
Alright. First off, the fake murder. Red truth guaranteed there was no pulse but that doesn't mean that it was a body. My guess is that it's probably a dummy or some other decoy. You said that Franziska didn't kill Larry, but that doesn't mean she wasn't an accomplice. The killer is Edgeworth. He faked being unconscious and Franziska helped lure him to the bathroom where he stabbed him. Then, Edgeworth led Franziska to the other bathroom where she was betrayed by Edgeworth and was killed.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Spoiler : DJJ6800 :
The first body discovered was not a dummy or some other decoy.
Franziska von Karma was not an accomplice in Larry's murder.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Spoiler : :
Alright then. I'll get to the first incident later. So Franziska isn't the accomplice to Larry's murder. But looking back, Larry was acting suspiciously beforehand. What if he's the accomplice to Franziska's murder. Same theory as before, except Franziska was killed first and Larry was double crossed by Edgeworth.
smkramer313

Post by smkramer313 »

Spoiler : DJJ6800 :
Larry was not an accomplice in Franziska's murder.
The accomplice is a person who knowingly assists the culprit in the creation of the locked room.