[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: [M] Endless Nights - Round [a number above ten]

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : :
In the "Only 8 people exist in The Mansion at any point in time." red, "The Mansion" refers to Chateau de la Rena.
Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ferdielance »

Ah, so I struck gold. Let me give you another dose of blue.
Spoiler : Heh :
Only 8 people can exist in "The Mansion," but that doesn't apply.. to the CHATEAU.
REPEAT IT IN RED:
Spoiler : checkmate? :
The "mansion" you referred to and the "chateau de la rena" are the same place.
By the way, I figured out Maya's mistake.
Spoiler : heheheh :
At some point Room Eye and Room I were confused.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Allow me to pre-empt enigma's next move.
All characters shown during the course of the "mystery" part of the EN are innocent. No blues contradict, if we allow that Blackrune called Maya about "Room Eye"!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Bad Player wrote:
In the "Only 8 people exist in The Mansion at any point in time." red, "The Mansion" refers to Chateau de la Rena.

The Mansion does not refer to Chateau de la Rena.
Ferdielance wrote:Ah, so I struck gold. Let me give you another dose of blue.
Only 8 people can exist in "The Mansion," but that doesn't apply.. to the CHATEAU.
The Mansion is not the same as Chateau de la Rena.
REPEAT IT IN RED:
Spoiler : checkmate? :
The "mansion" you referred to and the "chateau de la rena" are the same place.
By the way, I figured out Maya's mistake.
Spoiler : heheheh :
At some point Room Eye and Room I were confused.
Confirmed. Room Eye and Room I was confused at some point.
Enthalpy wrote:Allow me to pre-empt enigma's next move.
All characters shown during the course of the "mystery" part of the EN are innocent. No blues contradict, if we allow that Blackrune called Maya about "Room Eye"!

All characters shown during the "mystery" part of the EN are innocent. Blackrune called Maya and told her to go to Room Eye.
Last edited by enigma on Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Allow me to finish you off. You gave me a misleading red.
"Everyone who was murdered remained dead. Nobody who was murdered ever came back from death or near death. All those who were shot were also killed by being shot."

But you never really addressed my point:

"'Everyone in this story, besides Phoenix Wright, has been killed.';"

Enigma was killed before the game by losing the last EN. We saw this in the intro. However, that was not murder. Enigma came back to life, and was placed back on the board. He is the killer.

He "had been killed," but he's back!
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

should've realized this sooner
BBlader knocked out Rune and Nick.
enigma

Post by enigma »

Ferdielance wrote:Allow me to finish you off. You gave me a misleading red.
"Everyone who was murdered remained dead. Nobody who was murdered ever came back from death or near death. All those who were shot were also killed by being shot."

But you never really addressed my point:

"'Everyone in this story, besides Phoenix Wright, has been killed.';"

Enigma was killed before the game by losing the last EN. We saw this in the intro. However, that was not murder. Enigma came back to life, and was placed back on the board. He is the killer.

He "had been killed," but he's back!

Correct. The mystery has been solved. Awaiting solution trial.
Zohar the Shiny

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

Enigma entered the Chateau at some point after the statement "There are only 8 guests in the Chateau de la Rena" was made by U.N. Owen, aka Enigma.
Edit: WHY AM I SO SLOW AT TYPING?
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Zohar: You don't need to say that. After all...
Spoiler : Think about it :
Enigma isn't a guest.
enigma

Post by enigma »

In fact, I'm pretty sure I even explicitly said that U.N. Owen was the mansion's owner~
Zohar the Shiny

Post by Zohar the Shiny »

Ah, I was wondering about how that term was defined...
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Since the deal with purple was cleared up as unintentionally misleading, I refuse to accept not solving the mystery in my first attempt ;P

GAMER2002 TAKES DOWN THE MYSTERY SOLO IN HIS VERY FIRST ATTEMPT
Trick with talking TV is still simple. Everybody's attention was on TV. Owen could stand behind all of us and speak his lines to small microphone when no one was looking.

The purples belong to BP, Maya and Blackrune.
BP could lie about his opinion, but it isn't something we can determine.
Blackrune was telling the truth.
Maya told us she was called to Room I without corpses. This is pretty tricky, because we never were informed about the name of room with corpses. I think suspicion on Maya is misleading, at last to the extend of this purple, and I suspect that the information about names of rooms does have some use. The bodies were found in Room Eye, Maya could simply misinterpret Blackrune and lead us to wrong room.

Construction of the locked room.
Well, it says that none of victims locked it, the killer did not lock it from the outside, and since the door was locked the killer wasn't inside.
Last two confirm that the doors were not locked by the killer. I have two theories about it.
"None" is a playword, it means that not one of victims locked the room. After being stabbed all three of them locked the room using three separate keys. Dunno if I'm not stretching since I'm not native English speaker, but I know that "No one" can mean "not just one". At last their death wasn't confirmed to be instant.
Alternatively the room was locked by somebody else than one of victims or the killer. Let's say that Hershel discovered open room with corpses and then she had a "brilliant" idea to hide from the killer by constructing locked room. Only the killer was confirmed to not hide in the room, so anybody else could be hiding. Alternatively, Blackrune entered the room, did not look for the corpses, locked himself from inside, broke down the doors and discovered the corpses. He was so genre-savvy that he constructed locked room to find the bodies right away. Anyway If Hershel was hiding in the room, she left after us and used a shortcut to return to the lounge.

Now we have the most tricky part. No matter if Maya killed DWaM and Hersh, we have everybody being killed once Phoenix wakes up in Room E. The key to the trick is that you announce Phoenix to not be among killed, you tell him he is going to be shoot in 20 minutes, and you say that Phoenix also was murdered. It reminds me of phrase "you are already dead". You can be alive despite being "already murdered/killed/dead", if, for example, you are already poisoned and can't be saved. So In Room E Phoenix Wright has been "already murdered" and he was going to die soon and also Owen has been "already murdered" (by himself) and he was going to die after shooting Phoenix Wright to the head.

So how Phoenix and Blackrune were knocked out? Owen knocked us out using hidden remote device or At last one of victims was alive, despite being "already dead", and knocked us. They weren't killers accomplishes, they believed that one of us is the killer.

So who is the killer?
It isn't Phoenix Wright nor Blackrune.
BP, BB, and Tap were not the killer because they existed inside the locked room, unless a fake corpse was involved. It is possible, because Blackrune didn't bother with checking the bodies at all.
DWaM was with us for entire time before BP, BB and Tap were killed by being stabbed.
Hershel was inside the room with DWaM, but it could be a fake body.
So unless we have a fake corpse involved, it has to be Maya.

Okay, I'll take a shot.
U. N. Owen is Tap. Tap never spoke a single line during Owen's introduction because he was standing behind all of us speaking to some kind of microphone. This is why Tap was unnaturally calm and didn't say anything, he was avoiding attention to pull his little trick. Later Tap stabbed BP and BB, and put some sort of fake third corpse that nobody properly examined. He also stabbed himself, though it wasn't immediately fatal. From that point Tap was "already dead", either from the stab or from some sort of poison. Locked room was constructed by hiding Hershel or extremely genre-savvy Blackrune. It was possible for Hershel to arrive to lounge before us, even if he waited for us to leave the room with corpses. Maya was kidnapped/killed after she followed DWaM. DWaM or Hershel were "already dead" but still alive. Once we arrived it was them who knocked us out believing that one of us was the killer. Alternatively, DWaM and Hershel were dead in most literal sense and we were knocked out by some device. After that Tap killed Blackrune, he also put us in room E. Still, Phoenix was also "already murdered", but Tap was going to shoot his head in 20 minutes anyway. After doing so Tap was going to finally pass away. It is possible that this really was only "the first murder" before any crime was discovered, Tap could poison everybody before stabbing BP and BB.
Eat this.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Not bad, Gamer. But as someone who solved it... Let me give you a single red that breaks that.
Spoiler : what??? :
Not only had "everyone else already been killed" by the time of the last murder, which could certainly allow your poisoning idea with a bit of wordplay...

Everyone else had already died.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

Hmph.
The Owen speaking through the radio in Room E was Enigma, the accomplice. After Phoenix was knocked out Tap threw out of the house one of victims (or maybe even he himself left it) and allowed Enigma to enter in its place. This doesn't violate the red about nobody leaving or entering, because this didn't happen yet when this red was spoken. After Enigma entered Tap passed away. Phoenix is already poisoned, he is going to die in less than 20 minutes. Enigma will shoot only his literally dead body killing no one, and remain a mere accomplice.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Gamer2002 wrote:Hmph.
The Owen speaking through the radio in Room E was Enigma, the accomplice. After Phoenix was knocked out Tap threw out of the house one of victims (or maybe even he himself left it) and allowed Enigma to enter in its place. This doesn't violate the red about nobody leaving or entering, because this didn't happen yet when this red was spoken. After Enigma entered Tap passed away. Phoenix is already poisoned, he is going to die in less than 20 minutes. Enigma will shoot only his literally dead body killing no one, and remain a mere accomplice.
IIRC, there's a red floating around somewhere that every time a person is shot, that is the cause of their death.

Too lazy to dig it up, though~