[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Ferdielance
Spoken languages: English

Re: [M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Nod. :
That's fine. If it comes down to this, I see only one way left.

Maya Fey is a robot, and carried out the actions of killing. She did all of those things, physically. But she is not the culprit.

(Phoenix points dramatically... at the fourth wall.)

Ferdielance is the culprit. By advancing the test forward, he 'killed' each victim. As a robot, Maya could not willingly assist him in this. But he knew that death would occur, and caused each death to happen, over and over. Of course, he was 'in the room' for each death - he was there, watching, on his monitor!

And it doesn't matter if I'm thrown into the void...

...because I can be pulled out any time someone chooses to do this again.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : Ferdie :
Remiel: ...
Remiel: A gallant attempt to save your partner.
Remiel: However...
Remiel: The culprit is someone mentioned in the early part of the story.
Remiel: I do not believe this... "Ferdielance" person was ever mentioned.
Remiel: Naturally, your theory is REJECTED.
Remiel: Since you seem to willing to enter the abyss, I trust you will have no objections.
BP: This court hereby finds Phoenix Wright...
- G - U - I - L - T - Y -
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : If we must go this way :
OBJECTION!

Then the culprit... was this person:
was lonely now.

I sat in the midst of what had once been such a shining, such a magnificent place. No... It was still magnificent. But it was lonely now, too. And dark.

What a life we had built! Every day an adventure, not knowing what would come next. We laughed, and cheered, and greeted, and bid farewell, and fought, and cried. Wasting so much time, on something that was unique and special and beautiful and not a waste at all. We spent our dreams as if they would never run out and all would come true.

I had walked along the various paths here so many times, even in the midst of this pitch darkness I could have strolled to any lot I wanted if I had so desired. I remained seated.

At the forefront of my mind were those great structures that had seemed to tower over all else. The ruins of a man named Ozymandias (not that one) at the end of a long hallway. A burned-down mansion, where the only item recovered had been a novel by S. S. Van Dine found in the pocket of one of the servants. An organ (biological, not musical) made purely of shimmering metal. Or part of one, at least.

Then there were the stranger, more unique ones. A fully functioning spaceship. A scrap of paper with nothing but a single digit written over and over again. A puzzling and exclusive club that was said to have changed itself to fit every guest who entered.

Of course there were also the older monuments, from a previous time. A statue of a man with a dragon for a head. The one that boasted itself flawless. The one I may have just dreamt.

All of them treasures. Not my treasures, but which I treasured all the same. Even this unending night had been comforting the first few hours.

I shivered as I thought of how some—most?—had fallen into disrepair. But I could still visit the memories, and they warmed my heart even on a night this cold.

I shook my head at myself. Partially in disappointment, partially to try to snap myself out of it. Enough with the histrionics. You may be "old," but you're much too young to be acting like this. It isn't over, it isn't done. It isn't abandoned. You're just choosing to stay here and pretend there's nobody else.

Maybe. But it's still changed. Perhaps there is someone, unseen under the cover of this night, building a new structure to rival those of the old giants. No matter how much I doubted this, I could not disprove it. But even if it is true, a single building does not a city make.

...Enough.

I reached out with my hand and ran my fingers over the letters engraved into the stone. I couldn't see them, but I could trace out their shape by touch. I had to reassure myself of the words one last time.

Though the sun may set
The day shall break yet

I stood up.

There was work to do.

And then it would be time to leave.

The 'I' of these words was the true culprit!

(EDIT TO ADD: If that's not valid:)

Spoiler : Phoenix's accusation :
Then I accuse you, Remiel. A robot must be programmed. You were 'in the room' watching the test. You are the culprit. You are the one who kills, and Maya was your murder weapon! She is not an accomplice, because she was not willing!
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

BP: Well, you were already told that that passage was not part of the "story."
Remiel: And unfortunately...
Maya: I am fully autonomous.
Maya: And was programmed by Mia.
Remiel: Unfortunately, your theory is too marred by questions of free will, and details of Maya's autonomy.
Remiel: After all, the solution would have to depend on exactly what free will means...
Remiel: And how Maya's programs, goals, and executions (no pun intended) are carried out.
Remiel: Besides, even if Maya was "used" (even though she was not)...
Remiel: There is still insufficient evidence to pinpoint me as the culprit.
Remiel: While I am the mastermind behind this "test"...
Remiel: Within the story, there are still plenty of other suspects.
Remiel: In other words...

-GUILTY-
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Guilty or not... it doesn't have to end here :
And what if she killed them? What if she's the culprit?

I acknowledge that Maya did these things, as spoken...

But I was left alive at the end... and so... I had a chance to use super-advanced self-repair materials to bring back the dead!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: Sorry, but Blue Screens Inc. is not a pharmaceutical or biotech company.
Remiel: The self-repairing polymers do not repair biological tissue, or resurrect the dead.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Hold it. :
But hold on.

We never really did establish this...

If Maya is a robot... how did she get through the metal detector?

That seems like a wild contradiction!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: ...!
Remiel: T-That's...
Remiel: You're the one who is supposed to be providing explanations here!
Remiel: Not me!
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Rebuttal continued :
But that's not all!

The Maya Fey I know was zapped with a taser in the evidence room and reacted as a human being!

So who is this?!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: She already introduced herself in red truth.
Remiel: And it was stated in red truth that she is a robot.
Remiel: Therefore, attacking this point is a dead end.
Remiel: I already explained to you that Mia added features to Maya to allow her to change her physical features to a certain extent.
Remiel: And is there any reason she cannot physically place ramen noodles within her?
Remiel: Anything that Maya Fey has done or had happened to her that has given you the impression that she is a human being...
Remiel: Is nothing more than a testament to the genius of Mia Fey.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : Another move. :
Maya Fey would have set off the metal detectors.

If the detective was present when she did that, he would have noticed.

That was covered up by a strange "gap," though.

Phoenix Wright is the detective... this is confirmed in red.

But...

The detective was not present the moment when Maya crossed the metal detector.
Last edited by Ferdielance on Mon May 14, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: While it's true that there was a "fade-out" while you were in Nanotech...
Remiel: Absolutely nothing relevant to the mystery is perceived by "story-Phoenix" and not shown to you.
Remiel: Naturally, the metal detector going off would be relevant to the mystery...
Remiel: And would be audible from Nanotech.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : ... :
"Story-Phoenix?"

I am not story-Phoenix.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Remiel: You are "story-Phoenix."
Remiel: Perhaps I did not express myself clearly.
Remiel: All it means is...
Remiel: There is nothing that you perceived or would have perceived within the story that was relevant to the mystery...
Remiel: That was not displayed to you.
Remiel: In other words, do not try to argue that relevant and/or important events happened during "fade-outs"...
Remiel: Or were otherwise hidden from you despite the fact that they were or should have been perceived by the detective.
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Spoiler : This can't be... :
WAAAAAIT.

WAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIT.

This can't be it, but... if the materials are that advanced... if they are THAT ADVANCED....

MAYA WAS THE KNIFE!