[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

DWaM
Spoken languages: English

[M] Endless Nights - Daybreak

Post by DWaM »

So, here's the short version -- I tried to have revenge, I failed epicly, let's make a game out of it. :D The rules are explained in individual trials, so there's no need to point them out here. Just sit back and theorize. There is no game being currently run.

Current Round:
Turnabout Daybreak
Twilight
Sunset
Daybreak
Mo(u)rning
~ ● ~
Past Rounds
~ ● ~
Round 1 Records
Spoiler : Round 1 :
Round 1 Opening Post wrote:
I think you missed a few steps in the process, genius.

So, here be the short version, I suppose.
Due to the fact two "distinguished" members of this community decided to string me along a wild goose's chanse by tempting me with red and blue truth, I took the time out of my busy schedule to create this little "gameboard". Or, well... A set of ones, hopefully.
Basically, it's something like the way Ferdie's "witch games" were done. Except, well... In this case, it's actual events and characters thos time.
...But don't expect a story. At the moment, I'm busy enough with the comp as it is, and was basically put together as lazily as possible, as you will notice.
All the rules are explained in the actual "trial". In any case, for now, I'm giving this a test run, because I'm not quite sure how well this could turn out. Personally, I'm not the best person around to be creating these types of "red truth" gameboards, mostly because they "lack love" or I end up tripping myself in my own net. This one shouldn't have errors, but the downside is... It's actually pretty easy. But hey, it's a first round - I'm not even going to try anything hard yet. This was more-or-less the first thing that came into my head, it worked, so here we go.

DWaM's note:
DWaM wrote:I put that the key was on Franziska's forehead instead of Larry's. There are no logic errors, and the crime works in the same way. But the execution of a certain element might be a bit different. Therefore, I will acknowledge a theory that has "the key was on Larry's" forehead, as well.
Again, this is pretty much proof-of-concept for me. If it works, if people are interested, then potentionally more could be made (not necessarily by me). Frankly, I would put this in "Forum Games", if not for the fact it's made in the editor.
But, to recap a part of how this game will be played (in Round 1, at least):
All theories you have must be posted in blue.
I am not inclined to repeat anything in red for you (chances are, I won't).
As I said, no more reds should be sufficient to solve this.
I will only respond to theories that present their answers in detail - as in, the entire process of the trick. Theories like 'the gun was shot', are not really something worth answering.
No troll theories - all you will get is a 'DENIED'.
At the moment, I do not require for the culprit to be pointed out - or the accomplice, if one exists. ...But it is possible to figure it out.
Also, alternative solutions will be allowed, of course. As long as they fit in with the original red and have the same basic concept behind the crime - in other words, some aspects can vary.

There is a potential I will make more, but for now I'm... actually just kinda being bored and using this as a short interval break from the comp. So, really, nothing too special. But do enjoy, if you like these kinds of things... I guess. ^^"
Final Result of Round 1
Spoiler : :
Solution
Humans Win due to DWaM's incompetence (Logic Error -- The two solutions violate the red - the first Knox's 8th, the second one basic logic, as it turns out).
~ ● ~
Round 2 Records
Spoiler : Round 2 :
Round 2 Post wrote:
Round 2: Kwando's Challenge
Round 2 (Discussion starts here.)

Good morning. Kwando is eagerly awaiting you. Please accept him as your opponent.

Well-rested after the first mystery? Good. He expects good moves out of you... As do I.

The difficulty is not unduly taxing... except, perhaps, for mortals.
Final Result of Round 2
Solution

The human side wins thanks to Blackrune and DWaM.

Ferdie wrote:Phoenix Wright had made many enemies.

DWaM's twin, Black Battler, had been imprisoned thanks to his efforts. Jessica Ushiromiya, too, wanted revenge for Black Battler's imprisonment. And after years of lingering neurosis, Vera snapped and blamed Phoenix for her father's death. If it hadn't been for that case, her father would never have died.

So they plotted together to kill him. On the initial visit to the cellar, Vera and DWaM distracted Nick while Jessica set up a simple trap. Most of the grape juice cabinets were locked, so it was a safe bet that she could predict where Nick would get his grape juice from. She arranged it so that the bottles would fall from above on his head if the cabinet were even slightly disturbed.

But Gumshoe ran off to get more grape juice when the time came, not Phoenix! Who could have guessed? It seemed like the perfect murder to target a grape juice addict! He went downstairs and SMASH.

Fortunately for the killers, they'd planned to pass it off as an accident to Gumshoe in their original plan. So they just switched plans, and tried to pass it off as an accident to Phoenix. Vera went downstairs to create a locked room, and DWaM and Jessica conspired to get Phoenix away from the door so that they could break in "with Vera's help." (A lie.)

There were MANY clues to this solution:

* Vera's scene with Drew established unreliable narration existed (for Umineko newbies).

* Gumshoe's profile established that he was a detective.

* The note eliminated any solution where nobody passed information to Vera somehow (or faked her knowledge of the note).

* The early discussion of Phoenix's enemies revealed that he was likely to be the true planned victim.

* And DWaM and Jessica were established outsiders (so a motive was possible). Vera's motive was hinted at with the vision of her father's ghost.
~ ● ~
Round 3 Records
Round 3 Post wrote:
M'kay, scrubs.

I'm not too practiced, but after reading the last two rounds, CLEARLY I'm more experienced at making a murder mystery than these two clowns. Those trials didn't entice. They didn't have anything special about them. Heck, Kwando's was more of a conspiracy theory with how few innocents there were.

Let's see how THIS feels, nerds.

Round 3 (Discussion starts here)
Final Result of Round 3
(No Solution Trial)

The human side wins thanks to Ferdielance
Whirlwind wrote:M'kay, so here's what happened. I tried to make events as straight forward as possible, with little trickery involved. Everyone really is who they claim to be, and no one is a ghost.

Brushel gets wind of a story on Dahlia/Billy. Either one of them could be the accomplice in this scenario. Iris takes it into her own hands to stop this story from being released. She starts making moves to seduce Brushel, allowing her to be invite to the party. Once everyone goes downstairs, Iris asks Brushel if they can be alone. He of course, agrees completely, thinking she wants something romantic. She tells him to lock every door and call it a "prank". Then, after locking every door, he wanders into the room where Diego and Co. find Iris. He locks the door behind him, and Iris takes out a gun and shoots. He falls over dead, instantly, with blood all over the floor. Iris then does two things: Firstly, she takes the mop and bucket and cleans up the bloody mess. Secondly, she taps on the window with the broom, signalling her accomplice to open the window from the roof, and reach their hands into the window. As Iris could stand on the bucket, and would not have to reach the window but instead would simply have to pass the body to the hands reaching out from the window, she could make the pass. The accomplice takes the body on to the roof and closes the window. Then, the accomplice runs all the way across the building and opens the window on the opposite side of the house. He or she drops the body into the room, screams to create an alibi for Iris, closes the window and runs away.

The only thing that ever left or entered the house was Brushel's dead body, which no longer counts as a person, because life is not in it.

AND THAT'S HOW THE WHOLE CRIME WENT DOWN.

Any questions?
~ ● ~
Round 4 Records
Round 4 Post wrote:
Round 4: Enigma's Gameboard (Discussion starts here.)
Final Result of Round 4
Solution trial

The human side wins thanks to Ferdielance
~ ● ~
Round 5 Records
Round 5 Post wrote:

Okay it's challenge time, I've been working long and hard on this little mystery and I do hope that I entertain. So here it is!
Round 5 (Discussion Starts here)

And of course I do hope you all give proper blues and stuff for me to respond to... cause I want to make this as fun as possible for you all. Now let's begin!
Final Result of Round 5
"A fool's intended solution"

The human side wins thanks to... Zeta making a logic error.
~ ● ~
Round 6 Records
Round 6 Post wrote:

Welcome. The curtain has risen. Please find your seats, and the mystery will begin.

The difficulty is not too severe if you think carefully and keep an open mind.

Please play this case in Firefox. It will not work properly in Google Chrome.

v5 Link: H.: A Mystery

v6 Link (recommended): H.: A Mystery
Ferdie's Note wrote:
Spoiler : A note on difficulty and fairness :
I have tested this case with three playtesters. All three have solved the case, with some Blue Truth. One playtester, in an absolute coup, solved most of the case before it was over and all Red Truth had been seen. That is to say, this tester thought it was "a little too easy." I should note that at no point did the tester make a single incorrect Blue. The conversation went a little like this:

Summary of playtesting:

Tester: So... X.
Me: Confirmed.
Tester: Then... Y.
Me: Yeah.
Tester: Oh. Z.
Me: Right.
Tester: But... you said A.
Me: Reread, you misread.
Tester: OH! In that case, B.
Me: Dammit.
Tester: C.
Me: Yeah, that's logical.
Tester: D.
Me: ... HAVE YOU EVEN FINISHED IT?!
Tester: Oh, sorry. E.
Me: ........ >_<

After this round of testing, I added one last bit of misdirection, a minor change to SLIGHTLY increase the difficulty, but it is otherwise unaltered. Also bear in mind that this tester had only played one red/blue truth battle before, ever, and isn't a big mystery fan...

Therefore, I will have no grousing about fairness this time! All of the clues have been given, and it is quite solvable. For this reason, I recommend going it alone and not looking at the spoiler tags of other posters unless you're really stumped.

For an extra challenge, try to solve it in as few Blues as possible.
Final Result of Round 6
Victory to the human side, thanks to Bad Player and Enthalpy

Solution trial for H.: A Mystery
Firefox only!
If the music won't load completely, refresh.
There are no save games in v6... so be caaaaareful~!

This solution trial is designed so that those who didn't get a chance to solve the mystery in the thread can still do so here!

There are three endings, though one is basically just a game over.

Ending A (Main Ending): Unlocked by Bad Player
Ending B (Second Ending): Unlocked by Enthalpy
Ending C (Game Over): If you get penalized too many times.
Comments, suggestions, and bug reports are appreciated!
Round 6 Solution Trial Walkthrough(s)
Spoiler : Walkthrough for Ending A :
* Accuse G. and A.

* A. is the killer.

* ...a duplicate Master Key.

* Any of the following will work here:
-- "Not in the Court Record" + G.'s profile
-- "In the Court Record" + map + G's Room
-- "In the Court Record" + G's profile
-- "In the Court Record" + Phoenix's profile

* Present Miles Edgeworth's profile

* ...in D's room.

* Point to the L-shaped space at the top of the map (the dumbwaiter corridor)

* ...behind their paintings!

* Present H.

* He got better.

* Either of the following will work here:
-- Present the key
-- Present the map, then point to the door at the lower-left.

* Push the down button.

That's it!
Spoiler : Walkthrough for Ending B :
* Accuse D. and A.

* You can't back down, right? Obviously, for this to work without G. being an accomplice in some way, I. himself must have assisted the guilty parties.
~ ● ~
Round 7 Records
Roud 7 Post wrote:
...But even revenge cannot be granted at times.

Round 7 (Discussion starts here.)

(Special thanks to kwando and enigma for beta-reading this. Hopefully, it should all be fine now... Also, thanks to FenrirDarkWolf for the emo Phoenix front sprites.)
Notes (After Playing, if possible)
I did my best, but the chances of errors existing, especially when I'm involved, are extremely high. The actual rules are stated in the game, so not what I wanted to take the time for... Just a couple of things to note:

* I apologize in advance if some of the in-game recorded red seems to be different (seems to have reds that aren't actually in there (though I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be happening)/missing reds) - considering that some of the reds were reformulated at times. Your primary source should be what's stated in the actual text (hence, the chapter selection) and the reds there will be acknowledges at the primary truth. If there are any reds in the records that are not the same or different from the in-game ones, and somehow contradict the solution - well, I'm sorry, but only the narration counts here. Any objections regarding that will be invald (just thinking in advance - I'm POSITIVE I got it all, but... Yeah.)
* You really do get only one shot for Chapter 2. However, I would like to note that if the theory seems to be incorrect due to lack of clarification, I will apologize and you will be given another shot.
* Chapter 3 really isn't a guessing game - but if you'd LIKE TO suggest additional theories, sure. I might respond to those possibilities. ...Also, I'd like to note that it does NOT break Knox's 8th, no matter how imporbable it may be.
* I apologize for not asking permission for using certain individuals' names, but I was going by the assumption that was not going to be an issue (this is a community game, after all - I see no reason why... The names were brought up in at least one of the rounds so far).
* If the timeline concept seems strange/illogical/improbable - I assure you that no solution relies on it, and I assure you that it is only there as a plot device. Also, don't think too hard about the logistics on which world is actually "our" world (what's actually real/what's not, who's the actual writer, who's writing what, etc., etc.). Probably best to just focus on the mysteries and the reds.
* And above all... Sorry if this has any logic errors. I really won't be willing to fight anyone in depth as long as at least more one person agrees the game is broken. XP If that is the case, I will forfeit the game.
Final Result of Round 7
Chapter 1 forfeited to the human side
Chapter 1 Solution wrote:The killer... is Person X.
Here are a few basic facts:
DWaM was dead at the start of the game - was murdered by BP (same with the chopping of the head.) This basically hinted at by the prologue (through the "BP beat me, thus killed me" bits). HOWEVER -- I will also accept an explanation where DWaM was actually alive, but trapped the entire time in the room he was found in, and then killed afterwards by the culprit.
The Person X happens to look like Phoenix Wright (it can either be a twin brother that looks exactly like me, or you can argue that the "DWaM" BP is facing off against in the meta world is actually the Culprit X)

There's one last thing I need to explain regarding the number of bodies, but for now, I'll start with the story:
Basically - the entire party BP threw together is nothing but a joke. It's basically just consists of a few people that he payed to pretend are famous or just random people (aka, Justin Bieber thing - ("At least for the purposes of this party" line from BP). Among these people is, of course, person X, who BP, out of mockery, decided to call DWaM and refer to him as such, while the actual DWaM is locked up and dead in the room he's eventually found in.

In any case, Culprit X decides to go the bathroom, goes, but as he's leaving -- gets ambushed by none other than BP (that's sort of the reason I had the scene with Big Guy in the first place. So that BP would have time to leave the lounge and prepare X's ambush.) BP intends to kill X and start a locked room murder mystery of his own (something which X had a pretty good idea was going to happen), but X isn't having any of it -- they struggle for the gun, a shot is fired (but the room is soundproof) and X manages to knock BP out. X then sort of... snaps (as suggested in a new scene I added earlier - he's really become paranoid on who might be in on the entire scheme)... X takes the gun, dresses up as BP (this works, because X looks like Phoenix Wright - as I mentioned before, this is hinted at, considering that through the entire section, BP is basically talking to his culprit -- not to mention, in the final scene, he refers to the culprit as "DWaM", implying that the two have to at least look similar). X then gives the gun to Big Guy, pretending to be BP and convinces him this is a part of his locked room murder mystery scheme, too. (Of course, before that, X locked BP in the room BP ambushed him in - due to the fact that the room is soundproof, they wouldn't hear BP yelling for help, should he choose to do so).

(This is the part where, should the player decide to go with the alternative explanation on DWaM's death, it would actually happen - using BP's keys, he would get into the room DWaM was being trapped in, and, out of self-identity issues, and just thinking he's an impostor or something, considering he was sure DWaM was dead in reality, he kills him -- DWaM is also in a soundproof room -- why would BP keep him in a room where he could scream for help? He also cuts off DWaM's head - he has the time for this, considering until the POV is established again, it's not stated how much time it actually passes.)

X then, disguised as BP, returns to the lounge. And during this time, BP really is the detective with the objective view... It's jsut that he's trapped in a room.

Now, here's where it gets tricky - the issue with the number of bodies. Well, it's actually quite simple.
Masterson doesn't exist.
There are several clues to this: 1) The fact that out of the guests, nobody aside from X actually talks to him (not even BP - the scene where he apparently "introduces him" as his butler, he's actually just mocking X as in - "you're sooooo important that I'll give you a special gift". 2) Meta DWaM flat-out states that the culprit is kind of insane - he has legit mental problems. He's actually experiencing a hallucination caused over from the fact that he killed the real Masterson (also stated in the game, when X is telling Masterson to get away from the door - he didn't say he killed him, but he did say he TRIED to kill him... without ever realizing he actually did it). 3) After X "discovers" Big Guy, Masterson is literally nowhere to be seen (literally, added a background where everyone can be seen but him). 4.) Kopfschemrzen seems to have a question for "BP" when he brings up Masterson in one of his reds. However, I admit that I would not have required an in-depth analysis on why and how Masterson's lack of existance is possible.
Now - Masterson's murder can (maybe?) be explained in different ways, I suppose, but I'll go with this one:
He's not a person - he's not alive - hence, he's dead to begin with. As for the "stabbed" line... Well, the actual Masterson (the person which X killed way before) is stabbed, so that's not an issue - after all, I can claim that the red refers to the dead Masterson considering that the one in the mansion isn't actually a person - hence, they can share names (plus, they are technically the same person...)
Of course, for the triple murders, there are actually only two bodies there.

Anyway -- onto the plan:
X goes back in the lounge, and Big Guy, locking himself in his room, fires his shot (with blanks or maybe anything that could potentionally be interpreted as a gunshot - the point is, he has a gun on him). X goes outside and breaks down the door. Big Guy, of course, isn't shot. But that's when the part X never told Big Guy starts unraveling... X takes the key to the room... And shoots Big Guy (thus causing the second gunshot, causing the trio in the lounge to see what's going on).
This is where it's also a bit of trickery on my part - remember that the person who pointed out that the gunshot came from DWaM's room wasn't actually "BP" himself - but Knopfschmerzen? How could she possibly know that? She just came from the lounge. ...It's simple. She just used her intuition (not forbbiden not a detective, plus she DID say "If I had to assume...")

As to how the key to DWaM's room came inside the room after the door was broken down... Well, it's simple. X planted it there after the door was broken down, hoping to distract people. After all, he did have BP's clothes, and considering BP killed DWaM, he also naturally must have the key to the room he killed him in...
The rest is simple if you assume that X is the culprit, he just came in and killed the two whenever he felt like it. The Girl saw it and ran away from him. He decided to spare her, went after BP and...

Game over.

(Also, a few notes:)
During the intro section with "DWaM" (Killer X), you were decieved with the objective view, yet again - it's stated DWaM had it (a dead person). XP

[A hints to the disguise are also in the way X acted as BP - he wouldn't always keep his composure as you would expect from BP, he'd get nervous and sometimes be legitamately surprised - not necessarily someone who doesn't know BP would get, but still - it's there.]

(You can ignore this. Not really that legit of a hint)

Also, Kopfschmerzen does make a remark how BP seems to have his “hair falling out“ (Plus, there's an additional hint meta-BP gives himself with the – Knox's rule that he wanted DWaM to point out – Knox's 10th, the one regarding disguises, is the only one who would fit the bill....)
Another potential clue is (though, I can't remember this instance, to be perfectly honest – but kwando did at one point say that) X (at the time, BP to him) used his intuition, breaking the Knox's rules.
Another possible explanation would be the door removed from its hinges red (since the door was broken down and all, hence, unreliable view...)

This trick doesn't break Knox's 1st, because the red stated in the game is - "The culprit must be someone mentioned early in the story", not "the culprit's thoughts cannot be followed".
There's also another hint - X's suit when he's looking himself in the mirror as DWaM - it's less saturated from the suit DWaM is wearing when he's found dead in the new photo.

...This was the intended solution, anyway.
And here's the part where everything goes to hell for me – and I still have no idea how I managed to miss this:
I set everyone alive besides myself to the lounge.

With this red, I had unintentionally sealed my grave. It's basically a logic error on my part.

Now, there were two ways for me to escape this:
[1] I claimed that BP died during the inital struggle for the gun, before the entire plan was set in motion. But in that case, the final confronation between BP and the culprit doesn't make sense, right? Well, it was a meta-scene, and it would've worked if it was played out in X's head – he killed Masterson and imagined him in his head, didn't he...? Or maybe the entire scene is just a retrospective one...? After all, according to this, the objective view is never established...
But this is where I have a problem. In DWaM's murder, there exists an alternate, acceptable explanation as to how it could've been that DWaM possessed the objective view – alive and well. Here, this isn't the case – I am giving the objective view to a dead person. Which... makes no sense to me and is more or less unfair.
[2] Now, of course, there is an alternative – X exposed himself as the culprit, held everyone at gunpoint, revealing that he's not BP and sending everyone alongside the real BP into the lounge. But now – the question comes that of real world probabilities. Does it make sense for X to be able to kill the two people, leave BP alive for a while? Well – one can argue X just knocked BP out, killed the two, little girl saw it, ran outside, X saw no reason to kill her so he want to the lounge to finish what he started... This doesn't really seem fair to me.

...But neither I saw fit to actually be fair, in my view... :/
Chapter 2 was solved by Bad Player
Chapter 2 Solution wrote:The answer is... suicide.

BP and DWaM were planning a small prank on Rune. One which, the idiots they were, realized they couldn't quite execute. ...But then, Rune fell asleep, and it was basically a gift from God. What they were intending to do was get Rune into the side room, and make him think he was still in the living room.
While he was sleeping, they took the couch he was sleeping on and lifted it over into the side room. The side room was made to look like the living room -- but not quite. This entire trick lies in the background shown after Rune wakes up. The balcony in the background is nothing more than an image they took and pasted on the wall (you can see bits and pieces of duct tape), the room is generally darker, there's no remote, the TV's different, there's no photo on the right of the background, the calendar is a different color, there are stars in the sky - weren't before (plus, you can see DWaM in the balcony's "reflection" - he was caught as he was taking the picture). Of course, I don't need the player to point out how the balcony trick in specific worked, I just need a suggestion that it took place in a different room.

Meanwhile, unknown to DWaM, BP locked the room from the inside with the latches, (DWaM locked the room with the key from the side room, then, after they broke down the door, since DWaM was carrying the key, the key WAS inside the room BP was found in) and shot himself - thus completing the trick.
Now, all the reds fit -- the gun was in the living room because BP was actually in the living room when he commited his suicide. The rest of the reds are worded in "the room BP was found in" or "the room you and DWaM were in".
Chapter 3 was solved by enigma and kwando (...sort of)
Chapter 3 Solution wrote:It was never stated that what was stated in red was the actual truth, in the end...

(But there's an actual discussion that spiraled from this which led to... Well...
This.
Ferdielance wrote:Very good. Now, time to end this with a blue theory that follows Knox's 8th and wrecks things nicely.

The Game Master's Red Truth remains true until the end of a chapter. Afterwards, it is not necessarily so. This is mandatory for your Chapter 1, 2, 3 scheme to work. For your trial to be remotely not a Logic Error, you must assume that chapters are separate entities on some level.

Good so far?

In addition, you have said that the Game Master sets the rules by declaring reds, and, of course, can say false reds. You said in black that the Game Master makes things truthful when they say so in red, but I see no reason to believe it. But even so... we can sort of accept that.

There is no denying that if a Chapter is a separate entity, a Round is even more so. Therefore, the Reds of Round 1 do not necessarily apply to this Round.

That means...

...that in the Prologue, DWaM could have escaped at any time by invalidating the truth of his last round, period, and of all subsequent rounds.

But wait, that's a Logic Error! The basis of the entire game is that he didn't. If you say that DWaM just didn't think of "Denial," really? He never, in all the time he lost his hair, tried to say "2 + 2 = 5" in red?

Fortunately for him, he never gave us red to work with in the intro. So he could be an unreliable narrator. He doesn't REALLY have that power...

But if he's an unreliable narrator, how did that happen? There's an obvious clue - he shows signs of insanity. Therefore, he went insane when trapped in the courthouse. He's talking to himself.

When do we see DWaM talking to himself in a courthouse?

That's right. Chapter 3. And suddenly it ALL MAKES SENSE. There's a way for Red to be false and not break the rules at all - one way, really. If someone mistakenly perceives it to be red when it isn't. DWaM imagined the entire Chapter 3. Indeed, since the prologue is theoretically framing story, he imagined all that happened since the first round.

THIS BLUE APPLIES TO THE EVENTS OF CHAPTER THREE, AS WELL AS TO THE EVENTS OF THE OTHER CHAPTERS! ANY REDS DENYING IT, OF COURSE, APPLY TO CHAPTER THREE!

DWAM HAS BEEN PLAYING THE ROLE OF "CHAPTER THREE DWAM" ALL ALONG THIS GAME, AND IN FUTURE GAMES.

ANY REDS THAT REFUTE IT ARE NOT VALID BY DWAM'S OWN ADMISSION, SAVE IN BEING RED.

EVEN IF HE JUST GOES AND CONCEDES IN CHAPTER THREE, AND GIVES REDS ABOUT CHAPTER 1, OR SAYS "THIS IS NOT ABOUT CHAPTER 3," HE CANNOT ESCAPE. BECAUSE ALL REDS HE GIVES APPLY, ACCORDING TO THIS BLUE, TO THE DELUSION IN HIS MIND!

DWAM IS STILL LOCKED IN THE COURTHOUSE, THE PARALLEL UNIVERSES ARE A LIE, AND HE NEVER ESCAPED!

THIS BLUE GIVES HOW, WHAT, AND WHY, AND THUS MUST BE ANSWERED WITH A VALID RED FOR THE GAME - ANY OF THE GAME - TO CONTINUE. HOWEVER, HE CANNOT ANSWER IT!
...This was resolved with a simple red from enigma which confirmed that someone aside from me could give out the reds.
~ ● ~
Round 8 Records
Round 8 Post wrote:

Round 8 (Discussion starts here)
Good evening. It's been a while since our last duel, has it not?

Kwando has been eagerly awaiting you... Will you meet up to the task?

The difficulty is high... High stakes for both of us.

(Just be aware... There may be some... issues with presenting the clock at this time. Please let me know if there are, because... I think I should've fixed it... But I'm not sure. Also. Rune approved for fairness~)
Final Result of Round 8
Solution Trial

Solved by eightbit. ...I guess? I dunno man, dat cuz loleffort from kwando. Well, whatevs. It's his win, as far as the record's concerned. Congrats.
~ ● ~
Round 9 Records
Round 9 Post wrote:
Endless Nights, Round Nine

All the dark forces of trolling were gathered, and even Bernkastel thought this was too cruel...
May you have the wisdom to surrender to the Witch swiftly.
Round 9 Final Result
Solution Trial

Victory for the human side thanks to SLOOGOVS.
~ ● ~
Round 10 Records
Round 10 Opening Post wrote:
ENDLESS NIGHTS 10! (Discussion starts here.)
Round 10 Final Result
Human victory, thanks to smkramer313
~ ● ~
Round 11 Records
Round 11 Opening Post wrote:
Endless Nights - Round 11 (Discussion starts here.)
Larry Edition
From the abyss, an unlikely challenger emerges. Can he come up with a tale that will stump the human side, or will an instant defeat bring him permanent shame?

Difficulty: Unknown. This bumbling idiot couldn't come up with a good mystery, could he...?
Framecount: 66
Round 11 Final Result
Victory goes to the Enthalpy for the human side!

Intended solution
Wrong was attacked and stabbed by an unknown assailant earlier in the day. Thinking they had killed him, the assailant left, leaving behind bloody footprints. Terrified, Wrong shut the door and locked it before falling unconscious. Later, the narrator came to the office and broke down the door, awakening Wrong. Wrong was instinctively afraid that the assailant had come back to "finish the job." He pulled the knife out and stabbed and killed the narrator. After realizing his mistake, he dragged the body into the room and locked the door again. The ventilation shaft was a red herring and the red truth about the accomplice was there to possibly accommodate for the assailant, seeing as he indirectly provided the weapon and motive.
~ ● ~

Round 12 Records
Round 12 Opening Post wrote:
Endless Nights, Round Twelve (Discussion starts here.)

"...And the witch looked upon the Endless Nights and saw them tainted and overrun by fools. To combat this, she created a puzzle worthy of the name. And she looks forward to watching the Nights crumble. Welcome, to the witch's Eternal Morning. Care to join the celebration?"
Round 12 Final Result
Victory goes to the human side because of logic error and other issues. Mystery C was solved by SLOGOVS.

Mystery A & B have been omitted on the grounds of there not being a clear answer to grab for them. The solution to mystery C is as follows:
hershel_layton wrote:
SLOOGOVS wrote:
Spoiler : Mystery C :
I assume: There are two rooms. The room with the boxes is not the room where Trucy's body is found.
There is one door: The only entrance relevant to this mystery is the door. (this is the door that Viola locked)
Therefore, the two rooms must connect both connect to this door.
So I will theorize this:

The room with the boxes and the other room can move.
Trucy is killed in the other room.
The rooms move in such a way that the locked door is facing the other room.
Apollo unlocks the door, enters the other room and finds Trucy's dead body.
Congratulations! I accept this answer~!
~ ● ~
Round 13 Opening Post
Round 13 Opening Post wrote:
Round 13 Final Result
Victory goes to DWaM (and Enthalpy and Ferdielance afterwards BUT DWAM WAS FIRST OKAY) for the Human Side
Solution trial.
~ ● ~
Round 14 Opening Post
Round 14 Opening Post wrote:
enigma wrote:
The AAO Members fought strong...
But in the end none live...
The endless Night went on so long...
It has nothing left to give...
And so, now, it's come the time to run...
And then there were none...

Enigma's Revival: U.N. Owen!
Round 14 Final Result
Victory goes to Ferdielance for the Human Side
enigma wrote:
~ ● ~
~ ● ~
Last edited by DWaM on Fri May 11, 2018 5:40 am, edited 39 times in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: [M] DWaM's Revenge - Round 1

Post by kwando1313 »

Oh joy~

Except... You chose the worst day for me to play it cuz I won't be able to play for quite a while. :/

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

No worries.
Though it's only about a few minutes long, and, as you'd see, everyone can play, so~
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

One thing I want to check though.... Does this Mystery follow Knox and/or Dine?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Says it's Knox in the first 50 frames... U_U
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Well, time to commence analysis.
I believe the correct response in "Umineko-speak" is that Kwando and DeeYo deserve their own gameboard if Bernkastel is the GM, and they're both pieces.

Anyways, question. It was stated in red that After Franziska left, the number of people in the lounge was down to six. But it was also stated that from Kristoph's point of view All people were in the defense lobby. Franziska went to the bathroom. She returned, shortly after. Seeing as you you confirmed the existence of eight people, I'm pretty sure this is a logic error.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

As I said, Kristoph's POV does not equal to red truth.

There's a difference between excluding certain and flat out contradictions.

...This round does have wordplays, btw. That's why I gave that warning. :P

(But to compensate for that, there is actually an actual trick at work from the "real standpoint".).
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

GEEZ MAN, I HAVEN'T GOTTEN TIME TO PLAY IT. :/

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Ah, so people could leave or enter the defense lobby without Kristoph's noticing? I wasn't expecting that, but at least I know.

You'll probably deny this blue with a new red, but here goes nothing:

The door that Gumshoe broke down does not require use of the key found on Franziska von Karma's forehead to be locked.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Can I get a red on whether or not any dialogue in the one written scene was relevant?

I know you said no more reds, but I don't think that one is too steep of a request.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

@Enthalpy:
As I stated in the OP - I am in no way obligated to respond to that kind of blue, considering it doesn't explain everything, but I'll let it slide this time:

The door that Gumshoe broke down requires use of the key found on Franziska von Karma's forehead to be locked.
@BB:
Would I really write something like that to make it pointless?

Yes, yes I would. But I suppose it depends entierly on you.
...Also, I just noticed I said it was found on Franziska's forehead instead of Larry's... huh, weird. Well, doesn't really change anything, I suppose. :P
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

I need to leave in a bit, but you mind if I posted all of the details and reds in a spoiler tag when I get back, just for organizational purposes?
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Well, sorta like Umineko, if I put it all there, you might spot the wordplay easier... I'll see.
But anyway, yeah, on the 'key on forehead' thing... Again, this was kind of a stupid error on my part. If you wish to make things easier on yourself, I could change it to Larry's. It's a much easier variant of the trick.

(Yes, I know I'm giving things away, but trust me -- you don't want to see the road Franziska takes you... :/)
Gav
Spoken languages: English, Chez Swedish

Post by Gav »

All misspellings, capitalization errors, punctuation errors, and grammar errors you have made in this trial are completely unintentional.
gotMLK7 wrote:This is a list where NBA Jam beats Mega Man 2.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

TwiGav wrote:
All misspellings, capitalization errors, punctuation errors, and grammar errors you have made in this trial are completely unintentional.
Screw english, my sister has horrible hair.