[T][AU]Shattered Glass ○★○○○ (Case 0 Teaser available)

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

TheDoctor
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T][AU]Shattered Glass: Turnabout Reversal ★

Post by TheDoctor »

Just finished playtesting to see what the problem what. Evidently, the image link to the testimony.gif used during the Witness Testimony segment was broken. Updating the link seems to have solved the problem.
Image Image Image
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

Are you ever coming out with Sretsis Tuobanrut?
Spoiler : If you didn't understand :trilo: :
Turnabout Sisters, but backwards
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Lol, not technically. Case 2's working title is Turnabout Prosecutor (a joke on Gyakuten Kenji). That one won't be ready for a while yet though. Too much real life stuff preventing me from getting anything done on it.

Now, the prequel case, Remnants of Turnabouts Past, will probably be completed first as it's going to be another trial-only case. It's still a ways off though.
Image Image Image
PhoenixRises123

Post by PhoenixRises123 »

TheDoctor wrote:Thank you both! And BP, don't worry too much about it taking so long, as it gave me the opportunity to change one minor snippet of dialogue, namely...
Spoiler : :
Towards the end, von Karma originally said Franziska was returning from Germany. I decided to change it to Amestris due to a decision to use mostly fictional country names in this series (The United States of Japan still counts because only the "Japan" part of it is currently a country). So, England would be the Holy Britannian Empire, Germany would be Amestris, China would either Zheng Fa or Xing Fa (possibly both, with an in-universe explanation for the change), etc...
Anyway, in response to Bad Player's spoiler...
Yeah, that fade thing is evidently a bug. I'll have to come up with a workaround. Not a bug, my own stupidity. I forgot to change the "redirect if failure" frame ID to match the fade out frame instead of the pitch black frame. :sawhit: As for changing the "Shattered Glass" series name, do you mean removing it from the trial's title, or changing the name of the series it's supposed to be part of in the trial manager?
Amestris, Xing? I have a feeling, SOMEONE read/watched FullMetal Alchemist :wink: ...
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

What can I say? The Shattered Glass worldline is a melting pot for various anime locations. Amestris, The United States of Japan, Fiore, Yoitsu, Borginia, Hinamizawa... Who knows, I might even figure out a way to include a country with Woolongs as the primary currency.
Image Image Image
Inmento

Post by Inmento »

I played the first case, and all I can say about it is damn. It was actually riveting. I haven't played all the AA Games (The two on the 3DS but that's because 3DS's are expensive) but I love the games. I still replay them and I've never once needed a walkthrough (Although I sometimes forget what's happened because I take a nap or something like that) and you've captured all of my favorite AA things so far. Besides the investigating.

What can we expect for the second case and the prequel case?
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

For the second case, Franziska von Karma has returned from the exchange student program in Amestris, but when Edgeworth picks her up at the airport, he receives a distressing call that ultimately plunges him into battle against the Turnabout Prosecutor, Phoenix Wright.

For the prequel, Manfred von Karma takes on a last minute request from Edgeworth. His best friend's sister, Lana, has been charged with murdering the daughter of a deceased mafia boss. Trouble arises when it's revealed the rare talents required for this murder method could have only been pulled off with Ema's help, but who is really responsible? It's a battle of Devil's Proof vs. Occam's Razor in Remnants of Turnabouts Past.
Image Image Image
TheReaper
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by TheReaper »

This trial is great! Definitely worth playing, the story is kinda not so great in my opinion, but it was definitely an interesting twist on the first case of the game! I hope you do more, or if you already did, cool! I'll definitely play more trials from you Mr. Doctor!
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

@TheReaper: Can you explain what you mean by
TheReaper wrote:the story is kinda not so great in my opinion,
please? If you provide constructive feedback to @TheDoctor, he can look at it and maybe try to change something.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:@TheReaper: Can you explain what you mean by
TheReaper wrote:the story is kinda not so great in my opinion,
please? If you provide constructive feedback to @TheDoctor, he can look at it and maybe try to change something.

Alright,
what I mean is that it wasn't a very "Grand" story, but I liked the idea, also, the fact that it was reusing a case we all knew had only two characters present made the ending kind of predictable, but if that's what Doctor was going for, then I say why not, many first cases show the villain of the first case, however, I also disliked that a lot of the story seemed kind of reused, yet at the same time I liked that, a lot of the dialogue was reused to show that it was esentially the same case, but it seemd lazy, I know it isn't since it seems a lot of time went into this case, but I still can't shake that feeling of, I don't know, done it seen it, I guess the best way to sum it up, is that it didn't seem very original, and I wasn't very grasped by it, however, I still do like everything else about the trial!
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I will concede on those points. This is, after all, the first case; however, the farther this world line gets from the initial point of divergence, the more changes you can expect to take place. For the first few cases, you can expect to see some familiar faces with different roles, but as the series continues, it will branch out into completely different scenarios.
Spoiler : Turnabout Reversal :
Right now, you've only seen a few basic changes. The premise of keeping the victim the same but reversing the roles of the defendant and killer is mainly a thematic illustration of how this world line is, more or less, a reversal of the original, but certain events like Cindy Stone and Gregory Edgeworth's deaths are fixed points in time. The idea being to keep the original as a base, but deviate from it more and more as time goes on.
In case you're worried though, Remnants of Turnabouts Past will be loosely based on Ema and Lana's plot thread from 1-5, but the victim (a mob boss's daughter), premise, and execution will be completely different.
Image Image Image
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I see, that definitely seems interesting, I'll definitely play your next case, and it's likely I'll enjoy it! And it's interesting that you sort of reverse the roles for many of the main cases, it's a clever idea, I'm sure it's been done before, but probably not like this.

Also wow, this was your first case? That's incredible! Definitely better than anything I could ever do!
TheDoctor

Re: [T][AU]Shattered Glass ○★○○○ (Case 0 Teaser available)

Post by TheDoctor »

It's been a long time coming, but I finally made some headway with the prequel, Remnants of Turnabouts Past. And now, I finally have a teaser for it. Enjoy!

http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/player. ... l_id=68484
Image Image Image
PhoenixRises123

Post by PhoenixRises123 »

SOC during trailer...
.Red text, how unsuspecting at all :redtruth:
.Good thing I already played that
.Oh Nooooooo not FADES! Well too bad I'm using chrome 8)
. Alphonse Elric, is that you?
. Too bad I had to use the Philosopher's stone to boost my nitpicking Alchemy :twisted:
. Wow, they had guns in Manfred's time?
. Beatrice's portrait in the lobby, is SHE the killer? :side:
. Suddenly a wild Ema appeared! :shock:
. Texting? I thought Cell phones didn't exist in Amestris!
. A Old man cursing the progress of Technology, how totally not overused!
. Luna's here too?! Looks like this is gonna be a double battle...
. Wait, that sounded SO wrong...
. I'm sorry Luna, could you repeat that?
. Badges? Pppppfffftttt... We got Pocket-Watches instead!
. Oh Ema, you and your "Science"... :lol:
. Once again, the bailiffs so absolutely nothing while laws are being broken.
. Neat Transmutation, for a newb. :roll:
. Her glasses were constructed from the red water used to create Red Stones.
. Or she stole someone's limbs....Wait, Ema, Let me check your feet!
. Another 3-3 reference how quaint.
. They can Talk?! :? They must be chimeras or something...
. Aww, no Musty for the prosecution?
EDWARD ELRIC OBJECTS!
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

Responses to SoC in green.
.Red text, how unsuspecting at all :redtruth:
.Good thing I already played that

The text is red, but it's not meant to be red truth. I used red text to show messages from me to the player before ever playing Umineko.

.Oh Nooooooo not FADES! Well too bad I'm using chrome 8)
. Alphonse Elric, is that you?
. Too bad I had to use the Philosopher's stone to boost my nitpicking Alchemy :twisted:
. Wow, they had guns in Manfred's time?
. Beatrice's portrait in the lobby, is SHE the killer? :side:

Congratulations. You found the first Easter Egg. (well, only Easter egg so far)

. Suddenly a wild Ema appeared! :shock:
. Texting? I thought Cell phones didn't exist in Amestris!

Cell phones didn't exist in Amestris during Fullmetal Alchemist. It's been like over eighty years since that story took place. Not to mention, this is technically The United States of Japan, not Amestris.

. A Old man cursing the progress of Technology, how totally not overused!

More that he has trouble texting on a touchscreen phone. At least he's actually trying to use one.

. Luna's here too?! Looks like this is gonna be a double battle...
. Wait, that sounded SO wrong...
. I'm sorry Luna, could you repeat that?
. Badges? Pppppfffftttt... We got Pocket-Watches instead!
. Oh Ema, you and your "Science"... :lol:
. Once again, the bailiffs so absolutely nothing while laws are being broken.

Nah, the court can't afford real bailiffs. They're just mannequins with prerecorded messages. :calisto:

. Neat Transmutation, for a newb. :roll:
. Her glasses were constructed from the red water used to create Red Stones.
. Or she stole someone's limbs....Wait, Ema, Let me check your feet!
. Another 3-3 reference how quaint.
. They can Talk?! :? They must be chimeras or something...
. Aww, no Musty for the prosecution?
EDWARD ELRIC OBJECTS!
I take it he's standing on some kind of step stool? Lol
Image Image Image