[GK2♫][M][CE] Cascade Theater ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Re: [GK2♫][M][CE] Cascade Theater ●

Post by Blackrune »

discipledoctor wrote:
Blackrune wrote:
discipledoctor wrote:
Spoiler : :
Hey there DWaM, first off, great work with this. It's definitely a great example of how the AA universe can be applied to something that's totally different from what the games usually are, and the execution is just great as well. It really does earn that D for Depressing, and not in some overdramatic cheap way, either.

That said, I think I'm struggling a bit trying to find everything. So far I've gotten these endings:

-The one where you take the girl's trial (sorry that I don't recall the name, it's been awhile since I've played but now I'm back to finish it), then it shows throughout the case how Phoenix killed the guy and then goes to the girl in the detention center and basically says that he owns her.

-A similar one to that, but instead Phoenix kills himself at the end.

-The one where you ignore the phone call and Larry comes to talk with Nick. I put the code word as "Redemption" and it gave me a ending that felt kind of cut-off.

-Both the "Ascension" endings where you drop the ticket. Was the whole Ascension thing meant to be the true ending?

-The joke Badge Master ending

That being said, what else do I need to work on? I've read the spoiler posts here and it seems that there's away to carry the trial with the girl on, and I've also read about a "grimdark" Trucy ending? I certainly won't ask for a guide, but what other kinds of things might I need to do in order to achieve these other endings?

Thanks in advance.
...I think you skipped a lot of the game by guessing a password you weren't supposed to guess. Basically, when Phoenix asks Larry to leave, you can actually just leave. There's a lot more to explore on that path.
Wait, really? I had gotten that password, I believe, from the Ascension endings. But I must have gone through that Larry path five times and never noticed any option other than getting the password right, or getting it wrong. Crap, thanks for the tip! I'm gonna have to check this out.
I'm pretty sure that if you haven't been on that path yet you shouldn't have seen the Ascension ending where you're supposed to find out. But... those other Ascension parts where you drop the ticket or not are supposed to be things you only manage to find at the very end. It wouldn't surprise me if redemption was brought up there as well, so basically the game spoiled itself.
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

I actually have guessed redemption from some other ending than ascension, don't remember which one.
discipledoctor
Spoken languages: English

Post by discipledoctor »

Wow, I really did miss alot. Just got three endings done, I suppose it's time to go back and see what else I may have missed. Thanks a lot for that tip earlier, I can't believe I missed all of this just because I never picked up on the fact that you could just leave! Now, I'm sorry, but there's just one last question that I have. Does the game have a definitive true ending, or is it meant to just have a bunch of different possibilities? And if so, was that the Ascension ending(s)? That route definitely had a pretty conclusive ending, although so did the "No Goodbyes" ending.

Dang, I feel like I'm going to spend another night staying up late exploring this. And that is a good thing.
JoekerTrack
Spoken languages: English, Russian

Post by JoekerTrack »

what is the pre-loading theme?
"Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat"
PWfan666
Spoken languages: english

Post by PWfan666 »

Damned! After some of the endings' credits, there's still some story to see. Crap. Need. To. See. All. The. Endings :tigre:
Alright, I finished every endings I could find. How many endings are there in Cascade theater Ascension? I found 4. Are there more?

Anyway, thank you very much for this story, it was very well written, I loved it.
1) I read about a Larry twist killing Maya, but I haven't found this ending. How can I get it?

2) In some endings, I saw 2 silhouettes ploting into the shadows, both with a red and a blue aura. We find out that Gumshoe is one of the 2, but who I never saw who was the 2nd one. Was it Ozymandias?

Thanks in advance for quenching my thirst for all the endings :sawhit:
Gamer2002

Post by Gamer2002 »

1) True end reveals this, plus also there is other ending, IIRC after this one that reveals Gumshoe depending on your choice "did the man cheat to win?" you see two different endings and the second one reveals Larry.

2) Yes.
PWfan666

Post by PWfan666 »

1) I thought I found the true ending, but maybe I was mistaken. How can I get it?
Now that you say it, I vaguely remember during the drop the ticket -> cheater won/lost -> edgeworth vaguely mentionning Larry's implication, but it was ve~ry vague.

2) Ok. We saw Gumshoe being revealed as the blue aura silhouette, but we will never see Ozymandias being revealed as the red silhouette, it's just guess work from the other endings.
adamanttg

Post by adamanttg »

Well, I've been cataloging all the endings I can find, and I wasn't sure how many I had left to get, so I was wondering if someone could help with it:
Ending - Meaning
Ending - Everything
Secret Ending - The Badge Knight
Secret Ending - Formal Resignation
Ending - Meaning (Extended)
Ending - Ascension (Dual Destinies)
Ending - Ashes
Ending - A Shattered Visage
Ending - No Goodbyes
Ending - Confessions
Ending - Ascension (Edgeworth)
Ending - Ascension (Bad End)
Ending - Ascension (True End)
Secret Ending - So you think you can plot twist?
PWfan666

Post by PWfan666 »

adamanttg wrote:Well, I've been cataloging all the endings I can find, and I wasn't sure how many I had left to get, so I was wondering if someone could help with it:
Ending - Meaning
Ending - Everything
Secret Ending - The Badge Knight
Ending - Meaning (Extended)
Ending - Ashes
Ending - A Shattered Visage
Ending - No Goodbyes
Ending - Confessions
Ending - Ascension (Edgeworth)
Ending - Ascension (Bad End)
Secret Ending - So you think you can plot twist?
How did you get those endings :

Ending - Everything
adamanttg

Post by adamanttg »

I believe that it's something like this:
Formal Resignation: Answer the phone, Allow the defendant to testify, then during her testimony present the Mr. Hat profile.
Ascension - True End: Skip the intro, drop the ticket (by presenting it) , listen to his story, Win/Lose (don't think it matters). The next time the choice comes up, just save and choose whichever option doesn't loop you back around. [There may be a requirement to get other endings to get this completely. If so, the Dual Destinies ascension is definitely one of those.]
Ending - Everything: Answer the phone, Allow the defendant to testify, then do pretty much whatever. Find the contradiction, press all the statements, doesn't matter.
Ascension - Dual Destinies: Don't answer the phone, choose the second conversation topic twice to stay. Then once the prompt comes up, enter the password Redemption

Also, note that I self titled the endings that didn't get a formal name.
PWfan666

Post by PWfan666 »

Ok, I got some of those already, since there was no actual name to the endings. I'll check the others, my thanks!
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

...I seem to be necro-ing topics for every post I make on every board here.
It was a while since I last played, so maybe a variable was changed so that you had to actually get the endings showing the passwords rather than just guessing them, but from what I just tried, Ignore -> Leave -> Password, which I assumed to be Redemption, doesn't work. Is that the "Ascention" part of the game? Whatever it is, it doesn't load... And don't kill me, I was going to get those other endings, anyways.
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

The password is still redemption. It should work regardless of what your progress through the game is... :/
EDIT

Yeah, I just tried it out - it works on my end...
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

It may be privated because of V6? In the case it's not... I don't know...
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

...Ah. So that's the issue.

Yeah, it's because of V6, then. I don't recommend playing the trial in v6, though, mainly due to graphical errors (which will probably be fixed when the switch to v6 becomes mandatory).