[T] Two Sides of the Same Turnabout ★

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] Two Sides of the Same Turnabout ★

Post by Reverie »

Hasn't that been a long time coming.

Congrats to you both.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

IT ONLY TOOK ME TWO YEARS

BUT I FINALLY PLAYED IT

(i mean jeez, how can i play a case with improper fades)

I have my SoC on Discord. Rune and BP can see them there.

I liked it. Pretty fair overall. Some things were a bit tricky, but... Hey, it's a Rune/BP trial. Can't expect an easy walk in the park. xP

But yeah, fun and fair.

You two need to release more things ;_;

Also...
Spoiler : :

dam u len

Also, is there actually a "Edge" path for TSotST?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

(also let's not forget that you found him sus for a pretty wrong reason, and didn't even attempt the "how" :P)
:mrgreen:
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

guesstective tho ;-;

Is the edge path legit? Like... Is there a way to there in trial, or something?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Yes.

You get to it by being stuck.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Good thing I didn't see it then! \:D/

Merlin1908
Spoken languages: English, Dutch

Post by Merlin1908 »

First of all: Amazing case
However, there's one piece of weird logic I've encountered:
In the part where Helene is solving the Regina case, Henry mentions that there is only one door to the gallery, and he has a list of everyone who passed through that door the day of the murder, as he's easily able to find that Titania was the only person to enter twice. However, couldn't the same list simply have been used by Helene to confirm she never entered the gallery that day to begin with, thereby proving she couldn't have murdered Regina and removing the need to solve the Regina case in the trial?
(The irony in Helene proving she didn't enter the gallery..... Amazing)

If Helene had done that, Henry would never have been able to prove her guilty of any murder, if we assume the trial would have gone the same way afterwards. All he could have proven after the Helene = Titania is that she in fact did enter the gallery, but that's all.
MrLordNeptune
Spoken languages: Russian, English

Post by MrLordNeptune »

Khm. I can't play it.
The same situation with non-PyWright version of Turnabout Curtain, by the way.
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Yeah, my photobucket imploded, so we quietly took this game down since it was unplayable. (Same goes for TPairs.) We're getting all the stuff rehosted, and will make an announcement once the game is back. Sorry for the inconvenience!
DarthWiader
Spoken languages: Polish, English

Post by DarthWiader »

rehost New Year's while you're at it

But yeah, good to know. They're both pretty damn good cases and it'd be a shame if they were lost forever due to this inconvienence.
I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.
— Stanisław Lem
MrLordNeptune
Spoken languages: Russian, English

Post by MrLordNeptune »

Bad Player wrote:Yeah, my photobucket imploded, so we quietly took this game down since it was unplayable. (Same goes for TPairs.) We're getting all the stuff rehosted, and will make an announcement once the game is back. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Thanks!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

TSotST is back up!

Everything should be fixed, but let us know if there are still any broken graphics or something.
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Ok I’ve been looking at the lobster dialogue in this chat and realized something. The waitress was the one who spilled the water on “Helene.” Did Oberon and Henry pay her to do that or something?
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

DJJ6800 wrote:
Ok I’ve been looking at the lobster dialogue in this chat and realized something. The waitress was the one who spilled the water on “Helene.” Did Oberon and Henry pay her to do that or something?
yup
ned63

Post by ned63 »

Excellent case, I don't know how I never got round to playing it through when it's been out for so long!

I won't spend too long going over it since so many have at this point but I still have a few questions that I hope someone could answer:
Spoiler : Very vital plot point that will keep me up at night if unanswered (does actually spoil the case though so be warned) :
Why did Oberon order lobster instead of spaghetti?
I've read all the comments on this thread and from that I got:
Oberon/Henry paid the waitress to spill water on Titania
It probably has something to do with Helena having a shellfish allergy (though I can't actually remember whether that was Titania or real Helena. I forgot it was mentioned until I read the forum posts. I think it was real Helena?)

I thought maybe Oberon was going for an expensive item for his "last meal" of sorts, but I'm not sure.

I did enjoy the hidden details like that though (like Oberon putting laxatives in the guard's coffee and the unidentified body Henry mentions when first meeting "Helena" actually being Helena's corpse- I actually picked up on those, so I was so happy when I saw them confirmed) Though I need to know the lobster one!

Things other than lobster

Helena was long dead when Titania was working as a maid for Regina, right? I think she was but I think the Obverse/Reverse structure of the case (whilst really cool and thematic, and generally I think handled well) combined with the complex logic that goes on makes it quite confusing. I feel like timestamps on the flashbacks would be useful (or maybe that would give too much away?) Or maybe I'm just a bit dense, either way I'm a tad confused.

How did Oberon find out that "Helena" was actually Titania? I feel like this wasn't directly mentioned at all, or if it was I didn't pick up on it. I guess it could just be "reason X" but I hope it somehow ties into the lobster thing. I am writing this right after beating the case in one long sitting, so I think I would remember it if it was addressed. Could definitely be awful memory though.

I think that's about it.

Overall, I thought it was an excellent case, even if some of the puzzles felt a bit too hard (god help those who play this over many days and try those memory puzzles.) I loved the twists, I loved the characters, it was well worth experiencing.