[T] The Empty Turnabout ●

Find and discuss trials made by other members and showcase your own trials.

Moderators: EN - Forum Moderators, EN - Trial Reviewers

Blizdi
Spoken languages: English

Re: [T] The Empty Turnabout ●

Post by Blizdi »

DWaM wrote:Wow, spoilers.
So what? The world MUST know that the aliens from Xenon-20 killed Apollo and replaced him with a clone! And everyone died as a result!
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

For what it's worth, this is legitimately the most upbeat case DWaM's ever made!

that probably says more about the rest of his stuff than it does this case
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Gumpei wrote:For what it's worth, this is legitimately the most upbeat case DWaM's ever made!

Heh... that's like saying "I only killed FIVE kittens today... that's one less than yesterday!"

But there is a certain thread of optimism in this case than in the other ones...
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Gumpei wrote:For what it's worth, this is legitimately the most upbeat case DWaM's ever made!

Hey, the first parts were... Relatively... Upbeat...?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

kwando1313 wrote:

Hey, the first parts were... Relatively... Upbeat...?
Upbeat is such an overstatement.

I love how no one is discussing the actual game
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Blizdi wrote:
DWaM wrote:Nyeh nyeh snipperoo.
*YOU'RE

NOTHING is more depressing than "Turnabout Curtain's" ending... :calisto:

<3
Wait, Turnabout Curtain is finished? Why do people not use ● when they're finished? ;-;
Last edited by Reverie on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Nah, it's not finished. Burr's the only one who doesn't mark his stuff properly when finished.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Oh, so I guess Blizdi just means the end of what's currently on offer.
And to be fair, Rune's only improperly marked case is ToC.

Random needy edit because I'm still stupid:
Could someone please explain the ending to this case? 'Cause I've been over it multiple times and I'm picking up nothing.
Spoiler : The Empty Turnabout :
Athena killed Blackquill, but apart from that, I know essentially nothing. Who killed Arts? What was their motive? And what were the motives for the rest of the mansion? Why did they have Mary stand there while the rest of them did... something? What was Mary's relation to the victim? Why did Athena intercept the message to Blackquill and go in his place? I had a feeling I had a bad ending, but using Ctrl+U pretty much shows that it's the true ending, and I'm awful with "implied" endings...
Also there's still Shiek on Boswer's Smash Bros. 9/10 Bad Game Good Box Art ~ IGN etc. etc.
Last edited by Reverie on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

Sheik isn't even actually on the original 3DS Smash box to begin with; she's where Pit is. That was just a joke about how the finals for the SDCC tournament were all Bowsers and one Sheik.
Spoiler : Empty :
Actua--...wait, lemme check to see if DWaM heavily altered the ending.

Oh. He did. ...I'm pretty sure the answers to your question haven't changed, but they don't seem to be pointed out in the game like they were in the write-up, so... not sure what I'm allowed to tell you. And I'm not totally positive I even know the answer any more!
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

yes

BATHE IN THE LAZINESS AMBIGUITY
Reverie

Subject Matters are Never Read and Nobody Reads them I Swear

Post by Reverie »

@Gumpei - Eh, well if you can't, that's fine..
Last edited by Reverie on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gumpei

Post by Gumpei »

I will give a hint as to what my... technically only a theory now is
Spoiler : Empty :
statistics show that it's almost never the butler
...that's probably going to end up misleading you more than intended
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Spoiler : I wonder which case I could possibly be talking about it's totally an unrelated case at this point: :
In my extremely long and arduous SoC, I pointed that out (vaguely, I just linked to an article saying that it's basically never the butler), but since Athena says "did they arrest him" at the end, and I doubt it was your defendant the whole time, I had guessed it was the butler. And since that "may mislead," I'll stick with your "theory." I just hope that has at least some hint of truth in it. :/
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : empty ending :
Well Smith did randomly contaminate blood at the crime scene.
There's also that unexplained gun struggle thing.
In conclusion, maybe Arts killed his butler.
could work, I guess
silly vague endings

Best Athena I've seen in a fancase though. I'll give him that.
Chidori__O

Post by Chidori__O »

So it's been a while since I've posted in the forums but I just wanted to comment on saying this was a fantastic trial, just as good as Turnabout Tommorow which I also played. While this trial was really well done, I just wanted to point out a couple things I didn't like about this trial
Spoiler : :
Apollo should NOT have the ability to continue to point out 'possibilities' and vague theories with no evidence whatsoever and get away with it

Also, there were a couple times where I don't think I should've been penalized such as when you had to point out where near the end you point out where Adair could've disposed of the gun, I honestly thought that when she checked the pulse of the victim, she just put the gun in the victims pocket or something then the body would've just disappeared and so would have the gun

Lastly, this is something minor but I hate how we had to the ability to read Adair's mind and the place where you talk to your co-counsel for help instead you get what Adair is thinking. The trial effect kinda fades in the third part.

But honestly, the plot of this game was great, I thought this was a real ace attorney case. I like how you make Athena a hate-able (hateable? hatable?) character, then BOOM she actually has a sad past in the end. I think. I honestly have no idea. But I think the real Ace Attorney universe should've gone with your storyline instead, as it shows Apollo as someone who's also a bit more confident and a Phoenix Wright who's much more sarcastic, as well as Edgeworth who seems more bent on winning a trial, though he's willing to give the defense some of his mercy willingly.

Also, I liked how you took the 5 phases of death into consideration in this trial, a very nice touch.

But yeah, all characters were likeable, the story was great, gameplay could use some work (*cough cough the parts where you had to point things on the map*) but overall, this is a very well done trial, and I give you a gold star sticker for making this...

inb4 the butler actually did do it