Never claimed to be an artist......
Hello, and welcome to Invisible Friend 2014 Edition! We're entering the fourth year of IF, but I'm sure some of you are wondering what I'm doing creating this thread. Our previous host, Dan, has opted not to continue doing IF after last year, and the planned-replacement host has since resigned from AAO, so I've been given permission to kick-start the event this year! (Just in case anybody might've thought I was just randomly doing it without being allowed to xP)
Some of you may not know what this is about; like other years, this is like Secret Santa or Kris Kringle. The invisible friend is a game to which people sign up, and in which they are then assigned a random person among the participants (their Recipient): They become their Invisible Friend! Your task is to make a present for said user, whether it's a tale, music, a video... Whatever you can think of in digital format! (This does not mean you cannot for example draw something and then scan it ) If you are willing to make a mini AAO case, PM me about it and follow my instructions (Being lazy and directly copying from Dan's old posts because why not?) Don't take a wild guess and try to see what are your recipient's affinities!
If you haven't caught on, your recipient has no idea who you are!!!!! Exciting? I think yes.
I, Holhol, shall be your host this year (which means I don't get any presents ;__;), so I hope many people still decide to sign up this year as always so I'm not completely wasting my time!!!
Steps & Deadlines (These cannot be stretched unless extreme circumstances)
- Signing Up: Sep 28th - Oct 12th (2 weeks)
- IF names sending: Oct 13th
- Present Sending: Oct 14th - Dec 24th* (~two months)
- Present Posting: Dec 25th
*I understand that two months is a shorter period of time than what is usually given for IF. If need be, I am totally flexible on expanding the deadline to accommodate everyone, but I think it would be really neat to get the presents sent before the end of the holidays.
- You must not tell who your Recipient is
- It is strictly forbidden to exchange Recipients with other people
- Be sure you send me the gift. Otherwise your Recipient won't have a gift.
If this happens without a good explanation you won't participate to the next invisible friend.
- You must send me the gift between the established dates. Otherwise it won't be counted. Resend it in the gift sending period to be sure it is counted.
- You must give me the present. Do not show it to anyone else, including your invisible friend.
- Your present must be original. (You must have made it)
- Your present must fulfill a quality standard minimum. (It must not be made in paint in 10 minutes for example. Make something decent or put effort in it. You don't want to disappoint your recipient, right?)
- Your present must not be offensive to anyone.
- Your present must follow AAO Rules, for that matter.
- Your present can be composed of different elements. (More than 1 file/image)
- Do not reveal yourself until your recipient has seen your present. (It is better if he or she tries to guess you.)