The Invisible Friend '14 [PRESENTS]

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Holhol
Spoken languages: English

The Invisible Friend '14 [PRESENTS]

Post by Holhol »

Happy Holidays!
It is time to presents the presents for the Invisible Friend 2014 Edition.

I'm not sure what exactly to say here but it feels wrong to go abruptly into posting presents. But all 15 people turned in their presents this year! That's good news!

Anyways, here are the presents, which are ordered alphabetically purely so I can put Wacky last :^)!!!
============================================================
Spoiler : Alnar :
IF wrote:Merry Christmas, Alnar!

No, seriously, Merry Christmas.

The Rider

A sea of poppies stretched out before the Rider, covering what seemed to be an entire kingdom. It was only second nature for him to traverse these poppies; he’d done so several times before. He drew his bow and started across the flowers, preparing to finally complete the challenge tormenting him for ages.
The sea of poppies looked at the Rider in mocking silence as he continued. They were trying to put him to sleep. Poppies never really put people to sleep, though. He was sure of it. Sleep was dangerous in this environment; sleep could kill him.
Then, a building appeared. That’s strange, thought the Rider. “That’s never been here...” he muttered to himself. Now, he found himself at a fork in the poppies. Would he discover the building or continue to the challenge that he had been planning to face? Unbelievable as it sounds, however, the Rider felt a power pulling him towards the building. Not physically, but mentally. In fact, the more he stared at the building, the more it looked inviting enough to check.
So, putting the challenge aside for a little while longer, the Rider continued toward the building. It wasn’t anything special; just a rectangular brick building with smoke rising from a chimney. A mahogany door was on one side. Odd. Why would such a simple building have a mahogany door, and with such an ornate doorknob? The Rider stretched a hand toward the doorknob and, laying it, felt a chill run through him.
The door creaked open, and he stepped inside. The room was entirely bare, except for a chair in the corner. All that curiosity for nothing. Oh well, the Rider thought, he could investigate the chair later. He stepped out of the room and shut the door behind him. Of course, as soon as he had stepped out, the landscape changed entirely.
What were once poppies were now shriveled-up weeds. The sky had turned a sickly green color, and what was more, volcanos were popping up out of the weeds and erupting. This served to complement the snow, which was now sooty snow, as it fell through the ground and came together to create a snow zebra. The zebra began dancing with a snow cane and a snow hat.
The Rider immediately thought it was the strangest thing he’d ever seen, especially the zebra. In fact, he’d never seen a zebra before in all his life. What was this strange new world he needed to explore? As soon as he took a step forward, however, he blacked out.

- - -

The Rider woke up. Crap. I failed again. It was nearly dawn. Time for breakfast. He laid eyes on the sketch on the cave ceiling, then sat up to face the beast snoring away without a care in the world. He got up and woke the beast. The beast had a long, purple mane, with a blue and white spotted body. It was a Legendary Dog that the people had no knowledge existed.
To the Rider, the legend was nothing but a fairy story. He’d never done any of those things. He had, however, sketched the beast several times. Adorning the walls of the cave were several sketches of, each more accurate than the last. He felt as if he could finally capture the majesty after the decade he had been riding.
The Rider got onto the beast and signaled. Then, they galloped away into the forest...

---

Wonder who the beast is? Alright, I bet you can guess.

Merry Christmas!

-Your IF
Spoiler : Dave :
IF wrote:I wanted to make something better than just a picture or a signature, but I ran into a lot of kinks during my gift making process, so I had to go with plan B. I'll try and make plan A for you eventually. You can slap me senseless for the rest of my life if I don't IF YOU CAN FIGURE OUT WHO I AM.

Spoiler : enigma -BIG IMAGE WARNING- :
ENIGMA A

ENIGMA B1

ENIGMA B2

And there's a secret 4th image that your IF wants to post personally when you know who they are. :cute:
Spoiler : Evolina deLuna :
Big images that will be easier on the both of us if I post as a URL. :wink:

Evolina deLuna // Exhibit 1
Evolina deLuna // Exhibit 2
Spoiler : Gav :
Gav's MP3

Off-topic but I really love the musical this song comes from! It's one of my favorite shows I've been a part of! (=3)
Spoiler : gotMLK7 :
IF wrote:Note to Got: I wasn't sure what to make, at first, that would look good. So I decided to try making a bunch of sprites in all different styles and hope that there's something good in there. Please enjoy this humble selection of JUSTICE! I hope you can make some use of these sprites. Happy IF and Merry Christmas~!
The Smorgasbord of Justice!

Image (Megaman)
Image (Professor Layton)
Image (Ace Attorney)
ImageImage (Fighting Game)
Spoiler : hershel_layton :
IF wrote:ya
Spoiler : Hesseldahl :
Big Image Warning

Your IF also has a private message for you, which I will deliver shortly in your PM.
Spoiler : kwando1313 :
Nope! Sorry! You get nothing!

Except check your PM later. You'll get something then.

(for clarification, Kwando's gift was sent via PM on time :P)
Spoiler : LunchPolice :
Spoiler : SS Sleuth :
IF wrote:Hey Sleuth! I've been on a Fire Emblem buzz lately so I thought I'd do a Fire Emblem(GBA) sprite of the one medieval-esque character I know you have, Seraph Invictus from Endless Time. There's a portrait and a battle sprite! ... Man this is not gonna be hard to guess at all, haha.
Spoiler : SwagmaWampyr :
Spoiler : Topaz :
Here's a set of Monaka sprites:
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler : Trybien :
IF wrote:Sooooo hey here we are just in the nick of time hahahahahaha...

Never done this before, so here is the gift. They're pretty basic, but I think they work for what they're supposed to be.

There we go, hope you like them, Try. They aren't AA sized and probably don't work in the editor, but if you can make them fit then cool. And as a bonus, here are some stills for each of the gifs, in case you want any of them for an Avatar, sig, etc. The gif animator dropped the quality a bit on them (not that they weren't already pretty low-quality hahahaha) so hopefully these should be more usable. Enjoy.

Objection!
Grrr
Normal
N-Nani!?
Hey Look What I Can Do
Spoiler : Wackyman :
IF wrote:Hey! It took me a while to figure out what to do, but after remembering how much you liked Skullgirls, I thought it'd be a neat idea to give you a picture of one of your characters in the Skullgirls art style! So feel free to nag the creators to add Trama here in as DLC. Made one with and without glasses just to cover the bases. I hope you like it!
ImageImage
============================================================
And that's it! This ends the list of presents of the Invisible Friend 2014 Edition! I hope you all had fun making those presents and opening them!

It was an interesting experience running this year's IF. Very time consuming. I've been putting this thread together for the last hour or so and it dawned on me halfway through that I'm literally putting in all this effort for no reason. Yay! :D

With that said, I had fun hosting this year, regardless, and I hope I will be able to do it again next year if I can get the OK (possible moving it back again to the summer holidays?)!

That's all for now, though. Happy Holidays, AAO~

People excluded from the next Invisible Friend
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Holhol on Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Danielinhoni is the bestest friend anybody could ask for~

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

TKinhonipei is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Liquid Snake wrote:Snake, did you like my sunglasses?
gotMLK7
Spoken languages: English, learning French

Re: The Invisible Friend '14 [PRESENTS]

Post by gotMLK7 »

I freaking love it. I added the MegaMan one to my signature. Great year! Thanks a ton IF!
Hersh/Fiendy has credit for the amazing GiGi pics and enigma has credit for the adorable Kenshin Mega Man sprite!

SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Yay, I've been waiting for that for... quite some time.

Thanks to whoever did it!
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

...That was simply magnificent. Thank you.
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

I'm like, having half an idea of who my IF is, but either way.

SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURPUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! <3

I love u IF
LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

Oh, you got me again? What are the chances? (or maybe there's secretly another mastermind trumpet player around here who is trying to mess with my head :side: )
That is now my favourite ever rendition of the Gurren Lagann opening. Ever. Thank you so much!
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Topaz
Spoken languages: English, 日本語

Post by Topaz »

Only the most wonderful people gather around Monaka, so clearly my IF is a wonderful person. I mean, it goes without saying, since they made this wonderful gift, right?
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

A big thanks to my IF! I love it! What a trustworthy piece of art~! Thank you, again. It's really wonderful/awesome!
Wackyman

Post by Wackyman »

I LOVE IT SO MUCH IT'S AMAZING.

I completely expected my IF to make something Skullgirls related and they didn't disappoint. :D It seems I've drilled it into your heads enough how much I love this game. Excellent.

*shoves Trama in Mike Z's face*
HIROSHI-SAMA IS STILL THE GREATEST.
SS Sleuth and I are the same person.
gotMLK7 fashioned the Trama picture below out of female skulls.

[3/19/14 11:31:48 PM] Ultimate Butt-Rubber (Gumpei): on the other hand you could try playing with your balls submerged in icy water
[3/19/14 11:31:51 PM] Nick (Hodou): yeah I'm thinking that's the idea.

Check out my first trial co-created with Dypo_deLina Firing up the Turnabout!
Call me Wacky.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Great work, LP-- I mean mysterious IF who I do not know who they are. Your work's always great.

my top secret aao-themed FE fangame is now nearer to completion.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Even though I didn't join, I feel like I just got tons of presents. <3 Good stuff, everyone~
since 2008!
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

HERSH YOU ARE AWESOME
THANK YOU
hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

Evolina deLuna wrote:HERSH YOU ARE AWESOME
THANK YOU
OH NO HOW DID YOU KNOW AAAAA I'VE BEEN DISCOVERED

But seriously, you're welcome! Merry Christmaaaaas~ I'm so glad you like it~ (I have no idea how hamsters work. Also, I MADE SURE TO INCLUDE FLASHLIGHT)

ALSO DAVE THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ANNAH IT'S IN MY SIG I LOVE IT YOU'RE MADE OF MAGIC <333
100% Certified Dersh
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Ermagerd I love it! Seeing SHSL Guestective Yo-Yoer Katsuro in full gif glory makes me so giddy. Definitely one of the best parts of today. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess it was Hessel since she's the only artist I can think of that this is their first time.

And LP, yup I got you again. I was kinda concerned at first cause I had extra pressure due to needing to top my last gift. Since I was already working on Soraio Days on my trumpet, I knew it would be perfect. I was gonna make a parody of Do You Want to Build a Snowman, but thanks to being sick these past few weeks, I didn't have time to get the recording done. Though I still might do it for funsies. Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed it I had fun preparing it and throwing the recorder bits in last minuet just to make it complete.

Anyways, happy Katsuromas everyone! I would have to say very successful (if not the most successful) IF this year. (Like literally everyone turned something in O_O that never happens)
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

Trybien wrote:I would have to say very successful (if not the most successful) IF this year. (Like literally everyone turned something in O_O that never happens)
yeah all those other IFs that were had this year were awful
Last edited by hershel_layton on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
100% Certified Dersh