Gameboard/General Mystery

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Re: Gameboard/General Mystery

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : :
sure

also the killer (rudolf) used the window
Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : @Bad Player :
I will continue to say I find it unlikely to think that Rudolf would consider shooting his wife, but at this point I've forgotten why that was important. Regardless, I haven't seen a plan of some kind for Rudolf yet. Also, while I don't know how it would've helped, There are no windows of any kind in the library or the private study.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

The culprit is Shannon. Everyone got drugged at lunch. It wasn't that strong, Bernkastel powered through the sleepiness because of PERFECT WILLPOWER.
Kyrie, being a child and already tired, stood no chance. And we have evidence that at least two other people took a nap.
Yeah, I got nothing for motive, but it doesn't sound like a great job, so maybe she wanted Erika to die already.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : @Blackrune :
Erika and Bernkastel would've noticed being drugged without their knowledge (unexpectedly being put to sleep would've been a clear warning sign to them) and wouldn't have allowed such an act against them to slide.

And you'll need to do better on the motive to win. Your proposed motive is not perfectly thorough. :P
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Only Kyrie was drugged at lunch.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

There was no opportunity to drug anyone at lunch. Kanon and Shannon prepared and served the meal together, and if either of them drugged it the other would've noticed. And at the table, it would've been very obvious if someone reached over and drugged another person's food.
Spoiler : EDIT TO THE DOC :
I noticed that in one paragraph, a statement is contradicted two sentences later. For the sake of the narrative making sense and being fair and you not being confused, here is the line that was cut: "Kanon and Shannon departed to parts unknown within the von Karma manor, presumably to continue their work elsewhere, while," and it appears just after the 4:30 Time stamp.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

According to Rudolf, Shannon served tea to "everyone except Edgeworth and Franziska". This implies she served tea to Kyrie. She totally drugged her then.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Ready to share a full answer, or would you rather I just confirm or deny this blue here?
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : fine, I'll add a motive then :
Shannon drugged Kyrie with the tea etc.

Motive: Erika has been ill for a long time. In fact, she already was when her second daughter was born. Unfortunately, due to her illness, the child died shortly after birth. The servant was terrified, because it had been her job to take care of the kid, and she didn't want to get fired. Therefore she swapped the dead baby with Franziska.
Now, years later, Erika suddenly needed a bone marrow transplant. This gave Shannon once again a reason to be terrified, as the doctors would inevitably find out that Franziska is not actually Erika's child, and consequently find out what happened. Therefore she did the obvious thing and killed Franziska before it got to that.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Hm... you're doing very well, but you still have a ways to go. I'll give you the good news and then the bad news.

Shannon drugged Kyrie with the tea.

But...

Franziska is Erika's daughter by blood.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

"She [Bernkastel] had perfect presence, perfect poise, and a perfect appearance that she had impossibly kept unchanged for the nearly twenty years Edgeworth had known her."
x
"She [Kyrie] is eight years old!"
=
Bernkastel is not Kyrie's birth mother! She couldn't ruin her perfect figure with pregnancy.

Shannon is Kyrie's birth mother. She may be Kyrie's biological mother, or Bernkastel may be (with IV fertilization). The motive for the murder has absolutely nothing to do with Erika's sickness. Shannon is simply trying to get 'her' daughter the biggest inheritance possible. Edgeworth is not related to the family by blood, so she already knows he's not being left anything. With Franzy gone, Bernkastel is now Erika's sole remaining descendant, Rudolf is Bernkastel's husband, and Kyrie is Rudolf's sole child, meaning Kyrie will eventually get everything. (Plus Bernkastel has legally adopted Kyrie.)
EDIT: I think this is appropriate, given the manner in which this thing is progressing.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

It would certainly make for a good story. Unfortunately, Bernkastel did birth Kyrie. She's just that good. Besides, Franziska was already cut out of the will after losing to Phoenix.

And yes, the tune is rather appropriate.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : let's just go back to the original theory :
Bernkastel ordered Shannon to do it all. Bernkastel is just that imposing and Shannon that weak-willed. Bernkastel didn't aid Shannon in any way, so she doesn't count as an accomplice.
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

I had hoped to dissuade you otherwise earlier, but I suppose we need a more rigorous definition of "accomplice."

A person who kills on behalf of another is an accomplice themselves.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Blackrune

Post by Blackrune »

Spoiler : but is that definition REALLY enough? :
Manfred ordered his servants that anyone going through his case files without his permission is to be shot. The servants have clearly been trained to execute every order with absolute perfection. Manfred is dead now, but Shannon still carried out the order. It doesn't count as doing it on his behalf, as he is dead and can no longer influence what people do.
And...
The culprit is the one who kills.
So you probably can't just make her an accomplice here? Unless one can be culprit and accomplice at the same time.