Gameboard/General Mystery

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Gameboard/General Mystery

Post by kwando1313 »

This has nothing to do with solving the mystery...

But oh my goodness using Umi names with different characters is so... Hnnnnng.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Calvinball
Spoken languages: English

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : @kwando1313 :
Sorry, eheheh... I did say I was messing with Umineko players with the names. Having never played it myself I just went with whatever names I liked and then whatever sprites I liked. Just be glad I didn't declare that everything in blue was true while you had to submit theories in red or something, hahah! :P
Last edited by Calvinball on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Calvinball wrote:
Spoiler : @Bad Player :
Have a hint: The origins of this motive run deep into Shannon's past, and yet the crime only happened just yesterday... Why could that be?
Spoiler : because :
shannon is a nut

she has a rubber butt

every time she turns around it goes 'putt putt'
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

................................................................................................................................
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : :
ftr I said in xat that my goal was to make you use as many ellipses as possible

i think i won

(also it's kind of an answer if you just look at the first line)
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Oh. In that case, well played. Also, I see what you mean.

This murder was committed for a reason! Aside from insanity, I mean!
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Throwing in my two cents for the motive.
Spoiler : words :
Curse you for giving me basically no way I can incorporate Kyrie's canonically-owned dog, Phoenix (see 1-4), into anything! First, the killer's a human in red, and now, we've already solved the actual murder?? At least give me a red truth that it's not involved!

Shannon killed Franziska in order to kill Erika. While Kyrie performs excellently at her job, she is psychologically a mess and is feeling absolutely terrible, what with the anxiety attacks, especially with the vow of silence being added on so she can't even speak about how she feels. Shannon doesn't have anything against any of the von Karmas in particular, except for Erika, her employer - she is the one who put these rigorous rules on her, after all. She found out through eavesdropping that Erika needed Franziska for a bone marrow transplant, and took taking away that opportunity as a good chance to indirectly kill her. Shannon never killed Erika directly as it might potentially make Shannon a suspect, and would generally be more difficult as she is much higher profile as the leader of the family.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

BP wins the thread 5ever.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : @Reecer6 :

Ohohoho... It looks like we're closing in. Tell you what, I'll be nice and confirm part of your blue.

Shannon killed Franziska in order to kill Erika.

Like I said, you were on to something earlier. But for this type of mystery... well, it's only fitting to solve it perfectly thoroughly, isn't it?

Shannon didn't learn that Erika needed Franziska for a bone marrow transplant through eavesdropping.

Now remember: just because I didn't confirm parts of your blue doesn't necessarily mean they're wrong. It might just be that I think it's a little early to confirm or deny them. After all, where's the fun of confirming or debunking an incomplete theory?

You brought up all the rules placed on Shannon and how she might attribute them to Erika, but that's been going on for years. Don't you think there might've been other opportunities in the past? Why do you suppose the murder has only happened now? Couldn't there be something more to it?

Oh, and Kyrie's pet dog Phoenix was given away a couple months ago. Bernkastel decided that he was distracting Kyrie from her prosecutorial studies and got rid of him.
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Post by Reecer6 »

Okay, I think I'm very nearly there! I mean, this might be totally off in almost every way, but it's more correct than the last one probably.
Spoiler : more motive talk :
Shannon killed Franziska to indirectly kill Erika because reasons stated in the last blue text. Just wanted to restate that again. Now, she wanted to kill Erika because of the compliment she gave Shannon during lunch. Telling Shannon that her food was great was all Erika did - after all, if she had said anything more, but quieter, Edgeworth would've noted it - but Shannon, being very incredibly anxious, could not take it. She hadn't received praise like that in years, so she had no idea how to handle it, especially with it being delivered so violently with a yank on the sleeve and a personal-boundary-defying whisper right into the ear. The feeling was so weird to her that she never wanted to feel it again, and decided to put her further into her deathbed as quickly as she could.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Spoiler : @Reecer6 :

Oh? No comment on Kyrie and the heartbreaking loss of her loyal hound Phoenix? Heheh... well, there is a murder to be concerned about.

Unfortunately, you seem to have forgotten about some of the reds! You stated that

Shannon killed Franziska to indirectly kill Erika because reasons stated in the last blue text.

Now, in the last blue text you stated

She found out through eavesdropping that Erika needed Franziska for a bone marrow transplant...

Except we already have this red that contradicts!

Shannon didn't learn that Erika needed Franziska for a bone marrow transplant through eavesdropping.

And I'll give you another red while I'm at it.

Shannon doesn't just carry a gun around for no reason, and she wouldn't own a gun with no identifying markings for no reason either. She acquired the gun before the day of the murder!

Oh dear. It seems that your blue could use a little work. But don't give up hope! Think back. In this case you, the players, were again onto something earlier. Think back!

Don't you think there's something peculiar about these reds? Maybe put together they'll imply something much more complicated...?

After looking back at some of the past reds and blues, I see that you deserve my apologies. I somewhat misunderstood the meaning of your theory:
"She [Bernkastel] had perfect presence, perfect poise, and a perfect appearance that she had impossibly kept unchanged for the nearly twenty years Edgeworth had known her."
x
"She [Kyrie] is eight years old!"
=
Bernkastel is not Kyrie's birth mother! She couldn't ruin her perfect figure with pregnancy.
I stated that Bernkastel is simply that good. However, that would probably be physically impossible. Bernkastel certainly showed during pregnancy; Miles simply didn't remark on that specifically, as aside from the few later months of that singular pregnancy Bernkastel did have a perfect appearance, and the next time Miles saw her after Kyrie's birth she was back to her normal perfect appearance. She's just that good. This would be the only situation wherein Edgeworth's recounting of events can be construed as "erroneous," however; his perception of events has not been tampered with, though - he merely didn't go into enough detail on this one thing, and there's nothing else in the narrative (certainly nothing in the present events) that contains this same "problem."
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : idk :
shannon bought the gun to just kill erika. erika directly told shannon why she was bringing franzy over. shannon decided to then kill franzy instead to make erika suffer more or something
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

From Shannon's perspective, killing Erika directly is impossible.

Is it literally impossible? No... but Erika von Karma has a most curious influence and aura.

And why would Erika tell Shannon directly why Franziska had been invited? Why would Shannon need to know that much?
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
Bad Player

Post by Bad Player »

Spoiler : :
shannon is a maid and is constantly around her employers, so she was able to figure out erika's condition and that she needed a transplant of some sort. she couldn't kill erika or bernkastel directly because of their PERFECT AURA so she had to kill franzy instead
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

I'm not sure how to put this besides "not enough." In the immortal words of Phoenix Wright, "Don't think normal, think crazy." There are certain blue truths that I at no point actually debunked, and when combined certain red truths have the potential to have some unusual implications... I suppose I must confess to some minor misdirection in this regard, though in the document I warned that there would be such. I said you, the general players, were on to something earlier... What theories haven't actually been disproved?
ImageImage

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper