The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom - Discord

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Re: The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom - Up and runni

Post by Alnar »

You have no idea how much happier I feel now that I see the actual background again. It sounds weird, but it's a lot better than seeing a depressing gray box of nothingness.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

The Jammin' Ninja is back.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

It's VERY nice to see the background again, yes.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Idk what you guys did to piss him off, but he never left me <3
Mono
Spoken languages: German, English

Post by Mono »

Alnar
Spoken languages: ??????

Post by Alnar »

I am trapped in Ghost Xat. Send help.

Or cookies, that works too.

EDIT: I received an Enigma. Your definition of "help" or "cookies" may be vastly different from mine.
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

well, i guess that makes me cookies cuz i certaintly aint the former.
Spongesonic
Spoken languages: English

Post by Spongesonic »

Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Thally has some very inspiring advice for us.

Also... Ferdie finally admits it.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

WHAT? I thought the title belonged exclusively to MY ghost form.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

It would, except the statute of limitations ran out on your ghost form. </3

NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Sooo yeah if I get in trouble for saying this here, so be it, think it needs to be said.

I think that xat has a problem where there tends to be an accepted popular opinion- SU is good, Nichijou is good, Euphonium is good, that kind of thing- and a list of things that are "acceptable targets", as it were- Mahouka, SAO, TTG, and Rebellion to a lesser degree. And I feel like this has a stifling effect on opinions to some extent- this wasn't on the list, but there are actually more people on xat that are uncomfortable with KLK/dislike it than actually like it (It's like, 5-2), and I had no clue because those people basically never say anything when it comes up and the people who liked it kind of dominate the conversation when it occurs. And if they do say something it's in a really passive way rather than coming out and saying what they feel, it feels like. (Dave is an exception on the KLK front for the record- they've made it clear that they really don't care for it.) So I feel like in the end xat becomes an atmosphere where the people who have "accepted" opinions can talk about them, and people who either don't share those opinions or share them to a lesser degree tend to not feel like they are comfortable discussing a certain topic. Which I think is a problem and stifles things that could be interesting discussion or debate.

So, I think that part of the solution is on the people with divergent opinions, but a bigger responsibility is on xat as a whole. The people with divergent opinions should make sure to speak up- make it clear that they don't like a thing for whatever reason, maybe provide a reason why as an alternate perspective. I think this would promote discussion that can go beyond people all going "Yeah this thing is good/this thing sucks". On the other hand, I feel like xat also needs to be a bit more careful when it comes to how it handles people with differing opinions. Like, we (I'm including myself in this) tend to dogpile people when they say things that we as a group disagree with, which can make the person disagreeing feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable. So we probably shouldn't do that- I think it's worth noting that this used to be a bigger problem then I think it is now. I think the other thing is that we should try to tone down the comments like "get out" or similar comments when somebody says an opinion that kind of goes against the grain. I get that they're supposed to be funny, tongue-in-cheek things, but that can still be a form of group pressure and give the person who is talking the impression that they are an outsider, which makes it harder to want to voice those opinions because people tend to prefer to feel accepted when they're in a group, especially among people whom they are at least somewhat friendly with.

Like, I don't really want any new rules in place or anything, this is just a discussion that I think xat (and perhaps AAO in general, but I'm uncertain as to how big a problem it is on a general scale) should have, on how dissenting opinions are handled and whether or not they can be handled in a more welcoming fashion.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

(I certainly feel this way when I try to discuss sports on the xat. >_>)

Dypo deLina
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, German, French, Spanish, Al Bhed

Post by Dypo deLina »

*poof*

EDIT: I agree with NN's post. Happens in like all the chats I've been in and it gets annoying. :3
チラセ・マギタ
~Married to Evolina deLuna~ <3
~Loving father to ZetaAzuel~

Proud creator of Cynder Janice, Rex Gladiorum, and Raimpius in Endless Time.

Image Image