The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom - Discord

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom - Discord

Post by GuardianDreamer »

The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom

When you open the chat, Discord will ask you to login or register an account if you aren't already registered to an account. Log in or register as needed, then say that you're sure when you accept the invitation. After that, you're in!

Note for future members: Originally we used a site called Xat for our chatroom. If you read any posts and they mention "xat", that's why.

Before you go off to chat, please look over the rules.

Rules:
Behaviour
  • You must be kind and treat everyone with respect.
  • You must not complain publicly about another member's behaviour (this often results in aggressive and disrespectful behaviour).
    • You must bring any complaint you have against other members to a moderator in private.
    • You must bring any complaint you have against a moderator to Meph or Unas in private.
    • You should report anything you find disrespecting the forum rules or offensive by PMing a chatroom owner/moderator.
    • You should try to settle any personal conflict with other members in private before filing a complaint.
  • You must not make a post on the behalf of a member that has been suspended or banned.
Content
  • You must not post content that is not suitable for young audience, including profanity (i.e. swear words).
  • You must not post or discuss content that is illegal, such as cracking or emulation.
  • You must not post spam (i.e. advertise or post irrelevant things).
  • You must not post trap links (i.e. links to sites that can't be escaped from).
  • You must not discuss or link to AA game spoilers that are covered in the Spoiler Rules.
Account
  • When you enter the chatroom, you should tell one of the mods who you are so that you can be added to KwandoBot's list of names. This helps us keep better track of everyone.
    • You must not impersonate other members with malicious intent. If a chatroom moderator asks who you are, you must identify yourself or risk a ban.
    Disclaimers
    • Every member is responsible for the content of their own posts. The administrators and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hurtful or illegal content. However, they reserve the right to delete or edit any content they would not agree with, and will take into account every complaint against a member; they will remain the only judges of the measures to be taken.
    Penalties:

1st Offense - Warning
    2nd Offense - 1 Hour Ban
    3rd Offense - 6 Hour Ban
    4th Offense - Decided per case by the moderation team and could result in a permanent ban

Posting inappropriate content will result in an immediate ban with no exceptions.

IMPORTANT: Also, when you come onto the chatroom for the first time, please identify yourself by your AAO username.

Mod Team:

Chatroom related issues and questions should be taken up with the chatroom staff before contacting the forum staff. However, forum staff members and chatroom staff members hold equal authority over the chatroom. All decisions are final per 'Core Team' determinations. The 'Core Team' may waive the listed penalties and apply a harsher punishment if they feel the reported action requires it.

Owners: Moderators:
---
Last edited by GuardianDreamer on Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 pm, edited 49 times in total.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Re: The Official Ace Attorney Online Chatroom

Post by Ami »

Stickied in the name of Bowie.
since 2008!
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

This post is to validate me.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Detective Gumshoe wrote:This post is to validate me.
Confirmed.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

It's here! Yay!
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Objection9000

Post by Objection9000 »

CHATROOM!?!?!?!?
~Count Olaf~

Post by ~Count Olaf~ »

What madness is this? The Sublime Game?!

Read the first post for details.

- Olaf
$Fth wrote:A man with such a name as that is a clear gentleman.
GuardianDreamer wrote:That name sounds like it belongs to some peaceful person who doesn't want to be disturbed, but then when you DO disturb him, he goes berserk and destroys you.
Reyson

Post by Reyson »

Ooh.
Rey Rey the Jet Plane
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

So... You can choose anything (except too dark) for the background pic if you find that lime? It doesn't have to have anything to do with AAO...? *thinks of Izaya* :awesome:
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

You CAN pick too dark, actually, but just realize the problem held therein. Otherwise, correct. It can be whatever you want as long as it isn't against the chatbox rules.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
~Count Olaf~

Post by ~Count Olaf~ »

Congratulations, Dypo, our winner for this week's Sublime Game! Be sure to come on next week to try and find the lime yourself!

---

Also, Rules 3 and 4 have been slightly reworded, please read them over one more time.

- Olaf
$Fth wrote:A man with such a name as that is a clear gentleman.
GuardianDreamer wrote:That name sounds like it belongs to some peaceful person who doesn't want to be disturbed, but then when you DO disturb him, he goes berserk and destroys you.
Meph

Post by Meph »

I've added a new rule. Everyone must now use their username for their chat account. :)
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Meph wrote:I've added a new rule. Everyone must now use their username for their chat account. :)
I really don't think you should just be adding rules just like that. Nobody ever had a problem with this before and we've been doing it for a while.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
deHughes

Post by deHughes »

Meph, that rule is just stupid. No offense meant to you, of course. Simply put, why should we? All it takes is "Who is ___" and the problem is solved. We've been perfectly fine for as long as we've used this box and Dypo's. Not to mention that our chat names tend to stay the same for long periods of time: BB is Iron=Tager, Ike is Fth, etc. It takes no effort to get used to it, and it would just limit our choices in chat. It's like saying, you must have your username be "AAFan_1" "AAFan_2". It's not necessary and puts more restrictions than needed. Just my two cents.
ImageImageLevel:15ImageLevel:5ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15ImageLevel:15

Tasha Krantz sprite courtesy of gotMLK7.
Jim Raynor
Spoken languages: I know, you know...
Location: From Mar Sara, taking care of the Zerg infestation.

Post by Jim Raynor »

Meph wrote:I've added a new rule. Everyone must now use their username for their chat account. :)
Let's not get to ahead of ourselves, Meph. Not everyone is going to do that, and plus, it's been that way since the first chatroom. :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

Golden Sun 4 coming out on the Switch with Golden Sun remakes of the first two games?
Was previously Ryuusai09.
Credit to Gumpei.

Grant Kirkhope is one of my favorite video game composer.
My favorite video game companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, former Rare, and former 3DO Company before it shut down.
Spoiler : Favorite characters in video games :
Starcraft: Jim Raynor, Fenix, Tassadar, Zeratul, Artanis, Alexi Stukov
Army Men: Sarge Hawk, Riff
Warcraft: Grommash (Grom) Hellscream, Thrall
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth (And a GK2 character which I shall not add here.)
SRT/SRW: Sanger Zonvolt, Kyosuke Nanbu, Elzam V. Branstein