What is your MBTI Type?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Reverie
Spoken languages: English

Re: What is your MBTI Type?

Post by Reverie »

INTJ-T.
Would probably disagree with the J, but what can ya do.
NihilisticNinja
Spoken languages: English, Latin

Post by NihilisticNinja »

INFP.
Sounds about right.
"With good friends by your side, anything is possible. If you really care for each other, it makes everyone stronger! Then you'll have the will to succeed! The world is filled with painful things, it's sad sometimes, and you won't be able to handle it by yourself. But just know: If there's someone that you love, you'll stay on the right path. And you won't ever give in! As long as you keep that person in your heart, you'll keep getting back up. Understand? That's why a Hero never loses!"
Miki by Hershey's Chocolate Bars.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

Daniel aka Roocevelt wrote:ISTP (Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving)
Dunno what it means though even by reading the descriptions.
Doesn't fit me at all (except from the feeling part)
Remember this from 4 years ago?

ENFP
Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(28%) Feeling(22%) Perceiving(28%)

Wow, that's a change
Gizmological

Post by Gizmological »

I got ISTP.
I agree with this to a certain extent, but I feel that it's not quite accurate.

On a side note, famous ISTPs include Tom Cruise, Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds.

Yeah, not too sure about this one...
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

4 years ago I got ISTJ
Now I am ESTP.
Extravert(3%) Sensing(22%) Thinking(3%) Perceiving(16%)
Hmm.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

Alright! I just took it.

INTP.
Spoiler : The percents and stuff: :
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(9%) Thinking(31%) Perceiving(12%)
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Usually, I've gotten INTP, but this time I got INFP. Perhaps not coincidentally, I consider the "feeling/thinking" dichotomy the most deeply flawed and problematic part of the MBTI. It's based on stereotype, not research, and on making Barnum statements that play on self-image, rather than real emotional understanding.

The idea that thinking and feeling are somehow opposites, or that a person "prefers" one over the other, is exactly the kind of nonsense that leads people to stereotype folks on the autism spectrum as unfeeling robots, while treating artists as some magical bundles of irrational creative epiphany, rather than thinking people who have practiced a skill over time. It also plays into destructive stereotypes of men AND women!

(I can back up this criticism of the MBTI with legitimate research.)
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

Ferdielance wrote:Usually, I've gotten INTP, but this time I got INFP. Perhaps not coincidentally, I consider the "feeling/thinking" dichotomy the most deeply flawed and problematic part of the MBTI. It's based on stereotype, not research, and on making Barnum statements that play on self-image, rather than real emotional understanding.

The idea that thinking and feeling are somehow opposites, or that a person "prefers" one over the other, is exactly the kind of nonsense that leads people to stereotype folks on the autism spectrum as unfeeling robots, while treating artists as some magical bundles of irrational creative epiphany, rather than thinking people who have practiced a skill over time. It also plays into destructive stereotypes of men AND women!

(I can back up this criticism of the MBTI with legitimate research.)
An interesting point but I have the feeling a lot of it also has to do with the category names being taken too literally. The categories have to be named something and the current names are... marketable, even if they might not be entirely representative. Then again, I haven't exactly researched this, so I could be totally wrong. :D

Anyway, do you think it would be more accurate if Feeling was instead something like "decisions by instinct" (Instictive) while Thinking would be "decisions by rationalizing" (Rationalizing)? Hm, maybe that's a bit too close of J/P axis, but I've gotten the image that's more about planning ahead or being spontaneous.
TheReaper
Spoken languages: English, French

Post by TheReaper »

INTJ, why am I not surprised that this seems to be the most common one here?
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

vondes wrote:Where do you come from? I did the same thing and lost a couple of gift cards in this way. It is better to find out where you can do in the office. I believe it is possible to do through the agent in the shopping centers. I am based in the area https://populationstat.com/mexico/mexico-city and here it is possible if I am not mistaken. Check this option from your end, it may work for you too. Try it.

...huh? :?