Who inspires you?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Re: Who inspires you?

Post by naagloshii »

J.K. Rowling - She basically built my childhood; she taught me how to dream big, believe in myself, trust and value my friends and family, and look for the magic in everyday life. As an adult, after reading The Casual Vacancy, my respect for her has grown even more, if that's possible, because she takes a fistful of normal people and dives into their lives with grace and finesse, exposing their vulnerability and cruelty in equal measure.
Haruki Murakami - The best writer I've ever encountered – and those are TRANSLATIONS. Reading his books made me switch from skim-reading to full-on devouring every single word. It's poetry in prose form – or music in literary form, I'm not entirely sure I can accurately describe how beautifully he writes.
Jane Yolen - She's not very well-known but her writing is excellent and she wrote a novel based in Arthurian myth that has basically become canon to me. But she inspires me because when I was about 12, having read Sword of the Future King, I sent her an email... and received a response the very next day, not only replying to my comments, but also giving me a long, long list of other Arthurian books that she was sure I'd enjoy – which I did. To have a writer I was idolizing contact me... it was amazing, and it made me a life-long fan.
Jeremy Bentham - Utilitarianism. That is all.
Terry Fox - Pretty self-explanatory.
Ellen Degeneres - The way she deals with life is exactly how I'd love to be able to live.
Jennifer Lawrence - She refused to lose weight for The Hunger Games because she knows she's a role model to young girls and will not allow the media to use her to poison their ideals of beauty. She's one of the youngest Oscar-winning actors ever. She's basically awesome.
Ke$ha - She has an IQ of 160 and is possibly the greatest parody artist in the world – greatest, because the people she's making fun of don't realize it so she's made millions of money off them.
Vincent van Gogh - Watch the last 5-10 minutes of the Doctor Who episode Vincent and the Doctor. I can't say it better than Bill Nighy.
Ben Whishaw - He played HAMLET on stage at 24. That is crazy impressive. Plus he's super duper good-looking so...

There are so, so, SO many more but I'll leave it there for now.
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
~Dataman~
Spoken languages: English and finnish.

Post by ~Dataman~ »

Vladimir Vysotsky: One of greatest musicians I know. In his songs, there is something really genuine! It ispires me so much to listen. :)
My DeviantArt My Youtube Channel
Anime is awesome! Watch my Anime Sword Techniques series in my Youtube channel! Currently I have covered Gatotsu, Yontoryu, Santoryu, Hiten Mitsurugi, Seven Swords Dance, Wattoujutsu, Scissorblade, Kamiya Kasshin and more is coming! :)

My Art Thread
enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

Dai: The greatest composer I know. His music is so expressive and enjoyable to listen to, even without words. For those who don't know, he did most of the Umineko and Higurashi tracks.
LanaSkyeFan
Spoken languages: English, Indonesian, Palembangnese

Post by LanaSkyeFan »

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Anything can inspire me to do both good and evil. I'm not sure I understand why this topic is created
It's mostly beautiful girls, they inspire me with their beauty or love. Some women are just so loveable you can feel they have lots of love in their heart and are willing to share it with everyone. These women are precious to the world :XD: The world would hate to lose them

Well for the males, I would say it's Stephen Tong. He has lived for a long time, knows in great depth what he's talking about, is willing to impart his wisdom and knowledge to everyone, though his choice of words are probably too harsh for the less-educated people :judge: That's what you'd expect from someone of great importance in the Christian world
Last edited by LanaSkyeFan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit.
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

It's to talk about people who are personal inspirations to you. I'm not sure what's difficult to understand about it.