What do you like about other AAOers?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

LunchPolice
Spoken languages: English, Namekian, Pezazulian

Post by LunchPolice »

^ pointless title that makes the page look prettier^
Hey guys. I know that a lot of you guys on this forum can have pretty bad lives sometimes, and I think there's enough negativity going around to last a while. So I made this topic where you can post what you like about other members. It's good to have something positive to come back to, right? The happy goodness topic doesn't get used too much because, well, I guess when you're content with life you don't really need to talk about it - but when stuff is going wrong you have to vent. So here's this thread you can come to when you're feeling down so you can remember that people appreciate you. I know we already have the "what do you think of the previous user thread" but that usually turns to spam pretty fast. I want actual meaningful comments here, not just "graaaah he has a purple avatar" And make sure they're positive, too! I guess I'll start. Not all of these are going to be mega long, BTW. I'm just writing what I can be bothered to. Also these are in no particular order so don't whine at me, I'm trying to be niiiice

ShadowEdgeworth - You're a really fun guy to talk to at pretty much any time. You've got a good sense of humour and you're extremely easy to 'click' with. Like, I feel like I can start talking to you as if we've known each other forever. You're an excellent writer(one of my favourite RPers on the site) so I always look forward to your posts. I don't know, I just feel like we have great RP chemistry. You make entertaining videos, too. I haven't played your trials but they're probably great judging from your RP performance. And well... you just seem like a really positive guy. Really, I don't know how you do it - your life seems like a bit of a trainwreck half the time so I have no idea how you just keep on being a cool person. I find even small annoyances can totally ruin my mood, so you must be real emotionally strong - even if it doesn't always seem that way to you. I hope your misfortune stops soon because you totally don't deserve it. :)

Phantom - Well, this one might surprise a few of you - but I genuinely like Phantom. I mean, that's not to say he doesn't deserve to get in trouble every now and again. :P But I really like him as a person to talk to when I'm feeling a little snarky or cynical, heh. While he may seem like a troll, it's actually very possible to hold a good conversation with the guy. (I'm speaking to him as if he weren't here because he probably won't read thiiis~)He gives me extremely useful feedback when I need it - more so than anyone else on AAO, honestly. I also like how he goes to such great lengths to protect his integrity... even if that does get a little excessive at times. Oh right, positive stuff. You're cool, Phantom. I like talking to you. That's about it. You're not the most popular of users but I think most of us just don't understand you.

Shadowsleuth - To be honest I don't talk to you that often but I've got a pretty good opinion of you. For starters, I do quite like your artwork. You've got some skills, dude. And you've improved, too - your practice really pays off. I mean, remember the character you posted in the random characters topic? I feel like you've come pretty far since then. You often say you've got problems but I really respect how you actively try to make yourself a better person, even if it isn't always easy. Good work there. BTW, my favourite RP Sleuth characters are Seraph and Nero. Those guys rock.

paradoxinparticles - Seriously, you're one of my favourite writers on this site. Easily in my top 3-4. Most of my experience with you comes from Endless Time, and I LOVE the way you write. I mean seriously if you ever wrote a novel I would read the crap out of that novel. I'm always excited to see a post by you. Kea is an awesome character. You can describe well AND your characters are genuinely likeable. I'd even say that you have the best posts in early-ET. Other than your writing skill, you seem like a really nice person. I haven't really held an actual conversation with you outside of ET, which is kind of sad.

Meph - You seem like a pretty kind and positive person. I mostly see you being happy or consoling people who aren't. :) You also watch my Let's Play and change Kruiser's poll topic that he hardly updates, so that's cool.

Reaper_of_Random - Seriously COME ON XAT MORE OFTEN. SCREW RL PROBLEMS. You don't come on often enough for me to know if I even wrote your username right! You're cool. Come back. I like talking to you about RP stuff. And you've got some likeable characters there, dude. Post in IO or something! You're nocturnal, I'm sure you can handle it.

Remilia Scarlet - You have a really cool voice. ... Oh wait, I'm meant to talk about your personality. I like how snarky you are, it makes you really entertaining to talk to. You're another RPer I respect, too, and I love RPs so that makes you a cool guy in my boook. You're definitely high-tier in that regard. I really like talking to you on skype even though that doesn't happen too often. You're a fan of Lop and Porcus, so that makes you like, the ultimate dude. Congratulations on being ultimate.

Master of Chaos/TehChaosMaster/Chaos/SuperChaosoftheAncientChaosMastersinSpace - You're another cool skype buddy of mine. You're a cool guy to come home too, even if that's only possible thanks to insomnia. :P You often diss your own writing, but I think you're pretty good. You definitely have potential(oh great now I sound like a snob). Let me clarify something for you Chaos. I don't consider you a king. I consider you a GOD. And even KINGS bow to GODS!

Dypo - I haven't actually seen you round too often for a while, but I like how you were nice to me when I was still a noob. Since I didn't really know anyone yet, you were like my go-to guy for opinions on stuff. You're a good spriter, too... though I'm sure everyone already knows that. I remember the days when the Your Art section had hardly any spriters... and the tomato making pizza thread was thriving... thanks for helping me on my noob pilgrimage. I doubt that's the right word.

Lind - You are like, the most skilled frankenspriter on the block. You should really try out custom sprites. I mean you've got a pretty good grasp of how to stitch faces together and make it look natural so you must have some kind of dormant skill building up subconciously. Also BTW I really appreciate your additions to the random characters topic, even if I'm way too lazy at updating it. Just giving you some acknowledgement there.

GuardianDreamer - I'm sure you've had enough people tell you how godlike you are at writing already, but you're godlike at writing. Ewyn and Kenneth are really, really good characters. And everyone else for that matter, but those two are my favourite. Yes I am totally biased for ET. So yeah your characters and general writing skill are great. Good character development. Deep, likeable personalities - even when they're evil. Also I like how you seem all quaint and polite but at the same time you've got this really bizarre sense of humour. And you've got this super chessmaster mode hidden inside you - that stuff you pulled in TotE was brilliant. No, I wouldn't like a cup of evil tea.

gotMLK7 - You're another one I don't talk to that often, but I really respect you as an artist. You're so fast... and skilled... and you've improved so much! I can see the evolution in your deviantART! I guess that's what happens when you take on so many requests. I wish I had your drive, man. That double meme we did together was a blast, too. You're a pretty good spriter when you can be bothered. Not to mention you're a pretty good RPer. I love Cormac. And TotE.

LunchPolice - You are by far my favourite user on this site. You're so good at animation and roleplaying and drawing and spriting and I want to have your babies. Also you're mind-bendingly attractive. UNNGGH

SuperGanondorf - You're a really creative guy. You gave birth to Endless Time and by extension the moment my life truly began. :D You're a good GM when you're actually around - you're one of the best I've seen in terms of moving the plot along and keeping things interesting. Thereme is great. Everything ET related is great. And you're a huge Nintendo fanboy - which is great, because Nintendo is awesome. Have you played Donkey Kong Country Returns? I can't remember if I asked you or not. If not, give it a try. That game's great, too.

Fth - You don't always post too often, but I really like your RP skills. Post more often. For my amusement. You're a cool guy to talk to on the odd occasion we're on xat together. And you're a good Mass Effect 3 buddy. I don't really know how to describe it but you're a cool guy, Fth. You should be in more skype calls, more often. :)

PHEW! That's like, the biggest post I've written in like, ever.
So that's my good deed for the day. Like what you see? Respond! Post your own! Let's keep the positivity going. BTW that's just all I could be bothered writing for now. If your name isn't on the list that doesn't mean I don't respect you - in fact there's a few people I'd like to get to later(like BB, Gumpei, etc). So post post post! AAO needs something nice and friendly like this.
I make stuff sometimes
Image trophy x 5
MIND-FREAK
Spongesonic
Spoken languages: English

Re: What do you like about other AAOers?

Post by Spongesonic »

I think we've already got this thread. It's called "What do you think about the previous user?"
Winner of the "Broken Commandments" Case Competition
-------
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.

Misc. Information
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Post by Mick »

It's not the same, though.
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Well, THAT topic is pointless spam, whereas this one is what you GENUINELY think about others.

But yeah, I like this thread. It makes me happy in the thing I have instead of a soul.

Expect something from me later.
DLA
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, a bit of French

Post by DLA »

Alright, time to do this. Keep in mind, these are just things I could think of at the moment.

Lady Wolfenstein
You're a really good artist, and help me bring my best ideas to life. You also give me ideas on how to improve some decent ideas, and you're one of my best friends here.

Mono the Meerp
Even though you hate me and try to troll me, it always manages to bring a smile to my face. You make me laugh a lot, and you're my former AAO bro. You also got me to try spriting again.

Ghostly Banette
Whenever I want to talk about the MOTHER series or Pokemon, I know who to go to. You're a good person to talk to, and a fellow Pigmask.

Unknown Detective Davington.
Pretty much the same things as Mono, except you were my former AAO nephew.
The Final but not so ending chapter.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Frenchy has a pretty cool sig+av

...Yeah, that pretty much covers everything
Gumpei
Spoken languages: English, Al Bhed

Post by Gumpei »

Bad Player wrote:Frenchy has a pretty cool sig+av

:Teeschlegelsteinhausenberdorf:?
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

I'm not gonna lie... When I checked the OP, I was looking to see if I was included. :P

Gah, so egotistical!

...Nonetheless, I'll have a list up shortly. :nod:
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Gumpei wrote:
Bad Player wrote:Frenchy has a pretty cool sig+av

:Teeschlegelsteinhausenberdorf:?
Oh yeah, he's a pretty cool guy too
Ghostly Banette
Spoken languages: English, Booish, D@K0TA!

Post by Ghostly Banette »

Detective Luke Atmey
You took the words out of my mouth. :mrgreen:

Lunch Police
You're a cool guy! I like your sprites, and we're both Sonic fans.
And you ARE Jake Marshall!

Mono
I like arguing with you. It's so fun! I suppose in a way, we're frienemes, or whatever it's called.

TKinhonipei
You're a very nice person. But I don't like Franziska that much... Masque☆DeMasque FTW!

Remilla Scarlet/Super Ganondorf
Whenver I need to talk about ET, I just talk to you guys! Thanks for the help :)
And Ganon, we're both Zelda fans! Have you played ALL the zelda games?

Guardian Dreamer
You're one of the best- if not THE best- RPer I've ever seen so far. I can only dream to be as good as you!

GotMLK7
You're a cool guy, and you're drawing Porcus! And I like TotE alot, even though I don't post in it alot.

Danielinhoni
GAME GRUMPS AND ATT FTW!
Charlie's Team
ImageLvl 14ImageLvl 12ImageLvl 13

Francis, Clara and Carly
Banner made by Mono
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Pfffft, let's see...

Bad Player - Trying to give an actual opinion of BP is like trying to put your hand in a meat grinder and expecting it to come out okay. ...Yeah, that comparison fell apart, but, er... Let's see. You're extremely random and can at time come across as being, well, a dick (though I didn't the "pleasure" of having that experience). But, aside from your trollish persona, you know what you're doing (he would usually make a "kinky" joke or something after that line) in terms of writing your cases, which is something I respect (and, er... admire. Why did I say that out loud?). Plus, you've beta-tested both of my cases so far (well, first part of Downfall, but) which is an even bigger plus in my book. XD

Blackrune - One of my favourite creators on the site (surprise, surprise!). Naturally, maybe your characters can be OOC at times, but that's not why I come to the Tea Party, I come to a Tea Party, for the GODDAMN TEA. ...And chatting about boyfriends. I mean, I play your cases, because I want the crime to make me think. And, your cases do just that, because that's what many people seem to just not mention in the AA series, characters aren't the only thing in AA that should matter - the crime should, too. Erm... I guess I should say something about your personality, well... You're certainly not a troll (outside of your cases, of course).... but I'm still mad about Round 2 of Whodunnit.

Mono - My insane shipping buddy (<3). At times, he can be a bit, erm, "direct" (especially in DLA's case), but other than that, a relatively nice person. ...Who wants to pants Rune (as of this post, he has still not succeeded in his mission).

Dave - For some reason, I have the strange sensation to roll something off a cliff... Hm... Well, anyway, you're... suspiciously similar to Mono... The main difference being that A) Y U NOT COMPLETE DOWNFALL and B) You attempt to defy me on every step of the way. (Which is a big no-no).

enigma - Well, I have a whole rant about his situation with Rune here. (CONFESS!) Well, you do some of your actions... erm... without thinking, but you're not a bad person, by any means. You want to improve in your trials and become... well... better! Again, another admirable trait.

DLA - Well, Mono can be a bit... er... "mean" to you... and Dave... and Wolfy... an- Look, the point is, you're not a bad person, really. (But, then again, who on AAO is?)

Evolina - My collab buddy... well... not a "buddy", uhm... what's a female version of that word? Anyway! A smart (at times, a bit trollish person) that likes to "drag" dialogue as much as I do! :D Which is, yet again, something I appreciate (lolego).

BB - Well, while I can't say that I've gotten to know you over my time on this site, there is one thing that I know - you're a good person that cares about other people in the community. It's obvious that you always try to do everything that's possible for your friends, never just going: "sorry, lol". You're... what people would call a true friend, I guess.

Enthalpy - ...Why do I always feel like an idiot in your company? ;_; Damn you and your... math!

Percey - OHGOD WHAT IS THAT THING IN YOUR AVATAR, OHGOD WHY WHY WHY?! Erm... sooooo, yeah. A bit of a "along for the ride" kind of guy that declared me a version of GLaDos (Can't remember it, at the moment). Of course, I want you to finish your trial as soon as possible, so that we can see what exactly you can do in that department. (Just don't rush it, though).

Singi - A fellow mystery person! Yay, at last! While not much of a gamer, you DID read Umineko (or at least until EP8, but you don't really need to finish that one, anyway). Once even something remotely interesting to you shows up, you won't let it go (LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU ;_;)... But, other than that, a good, non-evil (trust me, not the same thing) person.

Superman IN COURT - Well, I first came across you in Crack the Case (R. I. P.) and took notice due to your... crazy theorizing. You have a comedy series going on (I played Case 1, will have to take a look at Case 2) and... Well, you might either take things too seriously or just misunderstand some things, but other than that, you're OK.

I... think that's all, at the moment? If I left anyone out, I'm sorry and I'll maybe get around to making a second part of this list, eventually.
Singidava
Spoken languages: Suomi, English & 日本語

Post by Singidava »

DWaM wrote:Singi - A fellow mystery person! Yay, at last! While not much of a gamer, you DID read Umineko (or at least until EP8, but you don't really need to finish that one, anyway). Once even something remotely interesting to you shows up, you won't let it go (LEAVE ME ALONE, I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU ;_;)... But, other than that, a good, non-evil (trust me, not the same thing) person.
YESH!
:takethat:
For once, someone says I'm NOT evil!
....DWaM, you're awesome~!
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

Singidava wrote:....DWaM, you're awesome~!
(=3)
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

Egh, gotta get this off my shoulders. *cracks knuckles*

GuardianDreamer - Not too good with expressing my emotions so you'd better appreciate this since it's the best you're gonna get. Now, I know I bust your balls a lot all the f***ing time. And I act like a dick to you. And I disregard a lot of your opinions. And I generally disagree with every opinion you ever say. And a lot of other things I'm sure could go on this list that I'm not going to bother to jot down. Point in hand is I really do like you. And it's hard to admit it, really, as much negativity as I direct towards you but I feel... hrm. I dunno, it's like I have some sort of paternal instinct towards for absolutely no reason. Maybe it's because you remind me of me and I get some weird nostalgia of the past me that I always hated. But there's just... something about you that pisses me off all the time but I feel that, were it to leave, I'd regret it. Like listening to your spouse snore every night for 40 years just for them to die and find out that you can't sleep without the constant snorks coming from their nose. It's almost funny to think that I said that you were to soft-hearted previously and you were always afraid of expressing your opinion.

I say that now, of course, because you sorta flipped the f***ing table over on that one and now you're constantly on about it. It's nice to see development but, at the same time, it feels a bit... erm, brash perhaps. I feel like we have very similar opinions of the other at this point. I think that you're incredibly blunt and tend to not take other people into consideration when making your decisions, forcing everyone else to conform to your beliefs. And I'm sure you feel the same way about me. But, egh, whatever. I dig you, GD. We're going through a rough spot in our relationship right now but I feel like this is the good times and I might miss getting to constantly nitpick at you having the most retarded opinions (<3) if it ever passes over. People like you really ground me and make me remember that I'm not exactly perfect.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

First of all, I appreciate what anyone has said about me so far. Second of all, I'm going to give a some opinions myself. There'll be more in a later post, probably.

LunchPolice - Well, what can I say? You're a very good friend, and I can tell that you're also very creative, as evidenced by your writing and drawings. You're also an RPer that I enjoy reading the posts of (Admittedly, it took me a while to like Narome, as odd as it is to type that) and I like how you can write a wide variety of personalities. Really. Just to name a quick example off the top of my head, Clint and Narome are both drastically different, yet you write both of them well. Anyway, I always feel like you're a friend that I can talk to a lot of things about, whenever I see you on xat. (Curse you, timezones!)

ShadowEdgeworth - I've always been indecisive as to who my favorite RPer on AAO is, but I definitely think you're a strong contender. I believe I've mentioned this on the xat before, but the first case of your trial series (The one about Miles Edgeworth) was the first case on AAO I played, and I did enjoy it, even though it probably hasn't aged well by now (That's not an insult to your series, by the way, but rather me noting how much more complex trials have gotten). In any case, SE, you're a great person, and definitely very nice. Even though you seem to have troubles in real life somewhat frequently, you always remain strong, and I really admire that. So yeah. I think you're a great person, even if we haven't talked too much outside of RP's.

Lady Wolfenstein - Not too sure what to say. I guess I should start off by saying that at first, I wasn't sure what to think of you. I believe the first time I ever actually talked to you was either as a response to a comment you left about my trial, or when you created your first RP. Not sure how I grew to like you so much since then, but it probably has to do with how much more frequently you visited the AAO xat. This will likely sound a bit awkward, but I do consider you as sort of a sister-like figure, and I mean that in a good way. I love how well you can handle other AAO member's insanity and play along with it, and I think that you're a kind person in general.

Shadowsleuth - As strange as this will sound, you really do kind of remind me of myself, Sleuf. And I suppose that can be taken as both negative and positive, and personally, I think it's sort of both. Even if you're constantly putting yourself down, I think you're better than you think you are. I love how creative you can be, and even though you do seem frustrated by how many cancelled projects you have, I admire that you're still able to keep going and try to create something new. You're also willing to work hard towards making yourself a better person, and that's one of the most admirable traits a person can have, in my opinion.

$Fth - I'm not going to lie: You're probably the AAO member who I most constantly change my opinion about. That change in opinion can be either negative, positive, or sometimes both (As odd as that sounds). I'll admit that when I first met you, I thought you were just another typical "high-schooler who doesn't care about their grades or future", but you've proven yourself to be much more than that. I'm not sure how to word this... At times, it feels like you're being rude to other people just for the sake of being rude, but at the same time, I do appreciate how honest you are. Though your opinions can be blunt (and in a semi-response to what you said, I do at times feel like you're making others try to conform to your beliefs) I can still appreciate the fact that you don't seem scared by what others think about your opinion.

Even if I feel like you're the AAO member that I argue the most with, I do appreciate our friendship. And even if we have very different opinions on a lot of things, I like the fact that you're still able to get along with me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that despite the fact that I can never quite figure out what to think about you, I do believe that you're a great person. It's kind of strange, actually. Before, I wouldn't have thought it was possible to argue with someone so much, and still be able to be great friends with them. I thought that was just in fiction. But you've proven me wrong on that account. So, overall... I appreciate our friendship a lot, even if we disagree on so much. Not sure how else to word this, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Wackyman - I'm still trying to remember when I first gave you the nickname of "Wacky McWack". In any case, you're a brilliant friend, Wacky. I realize that I've probably caused you a lot of trouble in the past, especially with how bad I am at expressing a lot of things, but I do consider you one of my best friends on AAO. I appreciate the fact that you definitely have a good sense of humor, and can understand that other people may have different opinions than you (Even if you sometimes jokingly insult them for it). At times, it feels like you're easily annoyed by certain things, but you seem to be able to remain calm during most times. You're a true friend.

BBblader_Wampyr - I told you this exactly once before, but it was actually your first case in the RH series that inspired me to make my own trial. I know you don't like talking about the RH series, but I admired how you were able to create an entertaining case without using custom sprites, at a time where it seemed like most quality cases had custom sprites. Also, considering the fact that you're an FE fan, I do love how I can reference FE and you'll be able to get it. I also believe that you're probably better at playing FE than I am, at least in terms of efficiency. I specialize in making crazy strategies work and guiding bad units to victory, while you actually seem to know more about how to best handle things efficiently. That's probably a weird compliment, but I felt like saying it. Leaving FE aside, I like how you care a lot about other AAO members. Even if you say that you only do it because it's what anyone else would do, you really are a true friend to a lot of people.

Gumpei - Thinking about it, I realize that I don't talk to you TOO much. That's not to say that I talk to you rarely or anything, but I've chatted with you less often than I had thought. But that just goes to show just how likable you are. I'm not quite sure what it is about you, but you're someone who's just extremely easy to get along with, and easy to befriend. Aside from that, you make very entertaining streams, and even if it looks like they're on hold for a while, they were really fun to be a part of.

SuperGanondorf - Remember how I once noted how it seemed like we disagreed on a lot of things not related to RP's or fiction? You may or may not, since it was a pretty long time ago. Anyway, I like how you can get along with people even if they have different opinions than you. I also kind of owe you a lot, as strange as this will sound. You see, ET is probably one of the things that made me stay on AAO. Way back when I was still a relatively new member and had only been on AAO for a few months, I didn't have much reason to stay. But you created ET, and that managed to make me stay on AAO, rather than do what I typically do (That being staying on a forum for a few months, then leaving). Of course, by now, I've made plenty of friendships on AAO, so I wouldn't leave now, but I do owe a lot of my experiences on AAO to you. So, what I'm trying to say is... Thank you. I also like how friendly you are to most people.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.