Ghost trick: The Musical-OFFICIAL SISTER PROJECT OF PW:TMP!

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Ghost trick: The Musical-OFFICIAL SISTER PROJECT OF PW:TMP!

Post by enigma »

Starting as a group on PW:TMP, Ghost Trick: The Musical is a fan-made, not for profit project which aims to turn the game "Ghost Trick" into a radio play. As PW:TMP hit a snag with animation, GT:TM won't be using it. Instead we aim to go for an audio-only experience or employ the use of stills. If you're interested in seeing what this project's all about or are actually interested in joining in, please head over to our forum.

Please note that the forum is quite new, so it's kind-of...empty right now. This is because most of our planning, etc. is back on the PW:TMP forums. However, we're slowly moving over to the forum.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Ghost_Trick_Musical/index/
Last edited by enigma on Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Ghost trick: The Musical

Post by kwando1313 »

Ah, that's pretty cool. Will that guy that does BitF (Matthew?) be part of this as well?

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
enigma

Post by enigma »

Ahaha...
I think he might have a little too much on his plate what with his kick starter and PW:TM. Still, he might make a cameo. Maybe as the blue detective or something. :cute:
We might be investing in someone fancy, though. Hehehe... :sawhit:
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

Oi, I remember this. This was suggested about two years ago on the Turnabout Musical forums. Posts started picking up (well... as much as they do on the forums these days) around last December.

And yeah, it's unlikely Matt's gonna do much. He's enjoying his marriage which hasn't even hit its first anniversary yet. They're busy having lives and posting pictures of said lives on FB. BitF also only updates Monday and Friday, especially after his health scare. As for Gumshoe (Joel), and his wife (who also plays Maggey), they're busy with their little bundle of Blue Badger. Last I heard, which was a month or so ago, Pleading Eyes and MaxwellsDaemon were working on a project called DBriefed, and Esa is always doing her own thing (last time I checked with Esa was a long time ago, I should really catch up). Forum posts are on decline, and I really don't know where a lot of them went. I mean, I'm still friends with some, but honestly? The project sorta lost its steam. As for me, I've never played Ghost Trick, and am in desperate need of a life, job, and my dream of being a famous writer of comics needs to still come true.

Not to say I don't wish it luck, but I'm just saying I doubt it'll see a lot of the regulars from Turnabout Musical.
since 2008!
enigma

Post by enigma »

Well, we kind of figured that. :wink:
Don't worry, this isn't turnabout musical. We aren't relying on the PW:TMP regulars.
Ami

Post by Ami »

enigma wrote:Well, we kind of figured that. :wink:
Don't worry, this isn't turnabout musical. We aren't relying on the PW:TMP regulars.
I know that very well. XD And yeah, relying on the regulars would be problematic. We aren't exactly able to do much beyond socialize these days.
since 2008!
enigma

Post by enigma »

So, I just got a reply from Pleading Eyes which says that GT:TMP is now officially allowed to call itself a sister project of PW:TMP. And there was much rejoicing. :D
Gombarry
Spoken languages: English, Spanish, 日本語のはなしています。

Re: Ghost trick: The Musical-OFFICIAL SISTER PROJECT OF PW:T

Post by Gombarry »

Ah, so that WAS you who posted on VAA. I'll have to give it a go. :)
Holy Turnabout: Part 1 Coming Soon!
Creator of Minoru Akihiro and Jake Atari in Endless Time
Creator ofAntonio Fernandez Carriedo and plays Claudine Leferve in Final Warfare
Creator of Zorro in Redemption at Spirit Isle
Creator of Luke Andrews in Desertia
Creator of Xamen Yem in Infinite Odyssey
Shadowsleuth wrote:BE UNHAPPY DARN IT!
enigma

Post by enigma »

Yes!
We need all the help we can get.

...Not in a bad way, of course. ^_^'
Esrom

Post by Esrom »

Interesting. But I'm wondering how well 'Ghost Trick' could translate to an audio drama, seeing as how there's a LOT of visual stuff in 'Ghost Trick'. The 'ghost tricks' themselves are often visually spectacular. Not to mention the various characters: Seriously, audio wouldn't be able to do justice to Inspector Cabanela. You really have to see him in order to appreciate him.

As for Turnabout Musical, I like what I've heard and seen of it so far. Favorites of mine from Turnabout Musical include 'Justice for All', 'Decree of the Prosecutor', 'I'll Be There', 'The Samurai Always Wins', and 'August Day'.

If there's any criticism I could make about the songs of Turnabout Musical, it's that the writers seem to over-rely on the 'sung in counterpoint' device where people are singing different things at the same time. Sure, it's great every once in a while, but in Turnabout Musical, it seems half the songs are like that.

On the other hand, a lot of professionally written musicals over-use the 'sung in counterpoint' device, too, and this IS kind of meant as an emulation of the musical genre.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

dionn12345678910 wrote:Hi
Dionn, I love you, but, please, if you ever get on again, post here.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
ZeldaQueen

Post by ZeldaQueen »

Esrom wrote:Interesting. But I'm wondering how well 'Ghost Trick' could translate to an audio drama, seeing as how there's a LOT of visual stuff in 'Ghost Trick'. The 'ghost tricks' themselves are often visually spectacular. Not to mention the various characters: Seriously, audio wouldn't be able to do justice to Inspector Cabanela. You really have to see him in order to appreciate him.

As for Turnabout Musical, I like what I've heard and seen of it so far. Favorites of mine from Turnabout Musical include 'Justice for All', 'Decree of the Prosecutor', 'I'll Be There', 'The Samurai Always Wins', and 'August Day'.

If there's any criticism I could make about the songs of Turnabout Musical, it's that the writers seem to over-rely on the 'sung in counterpoint' device where people are singing different things at the same time. Sure, it's great every once in a while, but in Turnabout Musical, it seems half the songs are like that.

On the other hand, a lot of professionally written musicals over-use the 'sung in counterpoint' device, too, and this IS kind of meant as an emulation of the musical genre.
Howdy! :D

While most of the focus of the project will be on the audio aspect, we also intend to have a series of still images to show what's going on, onscreen. For certain points (the Temsik meteor crash, and so on), we would like to have brief animated segments. All of this depends on how much work we can get done, though. We are very much avoiding a full-fledged animated movie because it's unlikely it'd be finished at that point. A fan-made LOZ movie I worked on years ago shriveled and died long before we got more than rudimentary animation completed, and the Turnabout Musical Project never got close to that point either. It's simply very difficult to get enough people to animate projects of that size, especially when all work is completely voluntary.

Agreed with you on the Turnabout Musical songs. I loved a lot of the counterpoints ("The Samurai Always Wins" is brilliant at the end, in my opinion, as is the finale of "Justice for All"), but there were a few points where it seemed kind of unnecessary (That one part of "600,000 Volts" comes to mind)

For anyone interested in progress on the project, incidentally, we've finished the first draft of the script and are scrubbing it up for a good final draft! Once the script is closer to completion and more of the music is done, we can move on to auditions.

As of right now, what we're most in need of are musicians to help with the songs. One song is completed, but many more still remain. So if there are any musicians interested in helping out, we would love you very much for any help! :D
DeeYo
Spoken languages: Hungarian, English, some Russian, Spanish, German

Post by DeeYo »

I suppose I could help with composing. Although I'm not a very good composer, my tools are lacking and I know next to nothing about Ghost Trick, but I need to improve anyway. (So contact me if you would like to consider my humble offer.)

Total times sued: 10328
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Hey guys, with Enigma generously putting me in charge of the facebook page, it will be a good source of staying updated with the project as well as spreading the word! If interested, please like! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ghost-Tr ... ion=stream
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
ZeldaQueen

Post by ZeldaQueen »

Hey, everyone! More updates for the project!

We are currently gearing up for auditions for certain parts! Those are going to be starting very soon. In the meantime though, we're doing something else, which should interest anyone here into singing: beta recordings!

Basically, right now we have a few instrumentals completed for our songs. To help folks get a better idea of what the finished product will sound like, we're making beta recordings of the lyrics and music. These are going to be rougher than the finished versions, but will serve as guidelines for auditions and when the cast records for real.

There aren't auditions for beta recordings. Since this is more casual, you can just volunteer and send the recordings over when you're done. Also, if you help with these, understand that this is not the same as auditioning. You aren't guaranteed the part, if you want it, though you are still welcome to audition when the time comes. And if anyone just likes to sing but isn't interested or doesn't want to get an actual part in the project, this is a fun way to be involved!

Currently, we are in need of:

A singing voice for Dandy

A singing voice for Cabanela

A singing voice for the Chief

A speaking voice for Ray

A speaking voice for Nearsighted Jeego

More beta recordings will be done as more instrumentals are completed, so keep your eyes open! If you want to follow along with our progress, you can do so by watching this thread.

If there's any questions, please feel free to PM me with them. :)