April Fools' Topic '13

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Mo!
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Re: April Fools' Topic '13

Post by Mo! »

That was genius! xD
It's rather complicate to understand whether a post is ironic or not, because you have no face or voice in the internet, just script. And that worked pretty good.
Profi-Wolf
Master Of Chaos
Spoken languages: English

Post by Master Of Chaos »

I say we lock up SE too. He DID say he accepted Ami as his ruler....
Writer. Roleplayer. Fighting Game Enthusiast. Professional Scumbag/Troll.
Twitter/Ask.fm/Dustloop/Tumblr
ShadowEdgeworth is my partner in crime. GuardianDreamer-san is my bestest buddy ever just ignore that conveniently hidden knife. Ami is the ultimate and most cuddly Senpai. And Patchu is my wife. I HAVE LEGAL PROOF!

Enjoy my short stories and other things relating to my roleplaying characters! (Link coming soon!)
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Hey, what about me? I posted the "I, for one, welcome..." meme. Twice! Surely that should count?
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Ami

Post by Ami »

Sorry, only cool kids go to jail and get super buff while gaining experience that makes great art and you record a hit single and become super rich and get to do cool stuff.

Plus, I supported my fake ascension to power before anyone else. o3o
since 2008!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Mo! wrote:That was genius! xD
It's rather complicate to understand whether a post is ironic or not, because you have no face or voice in the internet, just script. And that worked pretty good.

Not particularly. the whole way it started made it clear it was an April Fool's joke. If it wasn't global announced and the threads separated b/e the sections it would've been a great execution at best.

Plus if you're a person that understands how the forum software works, you'd also know it'd actually be impossible for the current mods in place to actually take power from Unas ;P
Mick
Spoken languages: English, German, some Italian, some French

Post by Mick »

Putin wrote:Not particularly. the whole way it started made it clear it was an April Fool's joke. If it wasn't global announced and the threads separated b/e the sections it would've been a great execution at best.

Plus if you're a person that understands how the forum software works, you'd also know it'd actually be impossible for the current mods in place to actually take power from Unas ;P
I agree. It would have been much less suspicious, if Ami would have told one mod of every section to translate the announcement and to tell that Unas had given his powers to Meph on purpose. Not as spectacular, but much more believable. :P
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Mick wrote:
Putin wrote:Not particularly. the whole way it started made it clear it was an April Fool's joke. If it wasn't global announced and the threads separated b/e the sections it would've been a great execution at best.

I agree. It would have been much less suspicious, if Ami would have told one mod of every section to translate the announcement and to tell that Unas had given his powers to Meph on purpose. Not as spectacular, but much more believable. :P
What they /really/ should have done is turn the site into a fansite for something else instead. Iunno, like Umineko or My Little Pony. That would have been funnier.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Ami

Post by Ami »

That's part of any given prank, though- to make it clear it's a prank. The line of a prank is always whether or not it hurts someone's feelings. Confusion, some mild WHAT!? panic, and a little bit of frustration is fair game.
since 2008!
Tear
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Tear »

Ami wrote:That's part of any given prank, though- to make it clear it's a prank. The line of a prank is always whether or not it hurts someone's feelings. Confusion, some mild WHAT!? panic, and a little bit of frustration is fair game.
I agree !

It was very fun to joke with all of you. If the idea of enslaving the French Section crosses your mind again, know that it will be a pleasure for us to take you down a second time ! ^_^

(And by the way : thanks for the free white towels, ours were a little worn.)
Last edited by Tear on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Tear wrote:
Ami wrote:That's part of any given prank, though- to make it clear it's a prank. The line of a prank is always whether or not it hurts someone's feelings. Confusion, some mild WHAT!? panic, and a little bit of frustration is fair game.
I agree !

It was very fun to joke with all of you. If the idea of enslaving the French Section crosses your mind again, know that it will be a pleasure for us to take you down again ! ^_^

By the way, sorry for the Maginot Line joke, I dunno whether or not it's too soon to laugh about it. ^_^;;
since 2008!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Mick wrote:

Right on good plan. This wouldn't have caused harm to anyone, just a little more harmless confusion.
Tear
Spoken languages: Français, English

Post by Tear »

Ami wrote:
Tear wrote:
I agree !

It was very fun to joke with all of you. If the idea of enslaving the French Section crosses your mind again, know that it will be a pleasure for us to take you down again ! ^_^

By the way, sorry for the Maginot Line joke, I dunno whether or not it's too soon to laugh about it. ^_^;;
No problem. I don't know for the others, but personnally I don't care. In fact, I don't even remember that there was a joke about it. So no need to worry. u_u
Also, I don't think it was "too soon". Even the "frenchies" joke about it. XD
Kroki
Admin
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español, 日本語

Post by Kroki »

The frenchies have no problem with joking about history.
ImageImage Image Image Image