Annoyed about something? RANT!

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

FenrirDarkWolf
Spoken languages: English

Re: Annoyed about something? RANT!

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

Ugh...
I just wanted to try and make a mood matrix UI, but nope, thanks depression.
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

"oh don't worry you'll pass your driving test first time"
uh huh
12 bloody faults (2 serious) beg to differ
"oh don't worry I'm sure you'll pass next time"
yeah but you'd say that every time, it's just an empty reassurance, it doesn't mean anything
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
ArkhamKnight

Post by ArkhamKnight »

I. Hate. Homework.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

Lucha Underground....

How the mighty have fallen.
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

I wish I liked reading. If I liked reading, I'd be socially accepted by my parents and others. But reading just isn't how I'd like to spend my spare time.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Whelp, looks like ITT-Tech closed before I finished up my last two semesters. If things couldn't get any worse, the colleges in the area who have said they will accept ITT students so far don't have courses for software development. So now I am stuck in hopes that some place will hire and train me or a miracle happens and an opportunity to finish my degree that does not require for me to move appears. Life is just being so unnecessarily complicated right now.
Winner of the “Broken Commandments” Case Competition
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Trybien wrote:Whelp, looks like ITT-Tech closed before I finished up my last two semesters. If things couldn't get any worse, the colleges in the area who have said they will accept ITT students so far don't have courses for software development. So now I am stuck in hopes that some place will hire and train me or a miracle happens and an opportunity to finish my degree that does not require for me to move appears. Life is just being so unnecessarily complicated right now.
Do they have anything semi-related? Even if the last two semesters aren't exactly in software development, the first six (I assume) were, and then you can just explain your situation in interviews. Or if they're not understanding, just get your degree in that semi-related field, go into that, and transition into software development. Or maybe expand your geographic search for colleges that will accept ITT students and have a software development program? Even if you have to pay for a dorm or apartment, doing that for a single year (as opposed to two or four) in order to finish your degree might be worth it.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Bad Player wrote:
Trybien wrote:Whelp, looks like ITT-Tech closed before I finished up my last two semesters. If things couldn't get any worse, the colleges in the area who have said they will accept ITT students so far don't have courses for software development. So now I am stuck in hopes that some place will hire and train me or a miracle happens and an opportunity to finish my degree that does not require for me to move appears. Life is just being so unnecessarily complicated right now.
Do they have anything semi-related? Even if the last two semesters aren't exactly in software development, the first six (I assume) were, and then you can just explain your situation in interviews. Or if they're not understanding, just get your degree in that semi-related field, go into that, and transition into software development. Or maybe expand your geographic search for colleges that will accept ITT students and have a software development program? Even if you have to pay for a dorm or apartment, doing that for a single year (as opposed to two or four) in order to finish your degree might be worth it.
I do have most of my coding classes done, and I think I only had 1 more java class and 1 more android class to take. And I've heard some people saying that the colleges nearby might start implementing courses to cover our needs, but those could just be rumors. Traditionally speaking, very few institutions take transfer credits from ITT, and it does have me worried. A few of my instructors (who are professionals in the field) have stated that those in the top of the class (including myself) are more qualified then their last few hires, but I still cannot help but worry that things aren't going to pan out.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Article is a little outdated as it was published when ITT planned on staying open until it all students graduated. (Plus I have already read it and here is a more recent article from blog.edu.) However, I seriously appreciate all the help and advice I can get as this quite literally effects my future.
FenrirDarkWolf

Post by FenrirDarkWolf »

mfw I can't even get a job as a cashier at a clothing store, jfc
AKABuddyFaithAKADiego
Spoiler : Wanted to use these as avatars, but it wouldn't let me. They're by Nibroc-Rock :
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Trybien wrote:
Article is a little outdated as it was published when ITT planned on staying open until it all students graduated. (Plus I have already read it and here is a more recent article from blog.edu.) However, I seriously appreciate all the help and advice I can get as this quite literally effects my future.
First of all, don't give up (although it doesn't sound like you are). Things might be uncertain now, but if you put in the time and effort, they'll work out.
Your best options are probably...
1. Look for jobs. Explain your situation (that your school shut down and so you are now looking for a job, but you were close to graduation so you already have many of the practical skills), maybe in the cover letter. I don't know know how the software industry works, but maybe put together a portfolio of some of your programs, to show that you have the skills. Get references/recommendations from those instructors.
2. Stay on top of the status of the local schools, and if they develop a software development program.
3. Seriously consider going to a school that's farther away. I don't know your personal situation, and going to a distant school 4 years may not have been an option for you, but going to a distance school for 1 year might be--especially since it's the year that will get you your degree.
4. If none of the above pan out, just go to a local school a finish your degree in something besides software engineering.
Trybien

Post by Trybien »

Bad Player wrote:
Trybien wrote:
First of all, don't give up (although it doesn't sound like you are). Things might be uncertain now, but if you put in the time and effort, they'll work out.
Your best options are probably...
1. Look for jobs. Explain your situation (that your school shut down and so you are now looking for a job, but you were close to graduation so you already have many of the practical skills), maybe in the cover letter. I don't know know how the software industry works, but maybe put together a portfolio of some of your programs, to show that you have the skills. Get references/recommendations from those instructors.
2. Stay on top of the status of the local schools, and if they develop a software development program.
3. Seriously consider going to a school that's farther away. I don't know your personal situation, and going to a distant school 4 years may not have been an option for you, but going to a distance school for 1 year might be--especially since it's the year that will get you your degree.
4. If none of the above pan out, just go to a local school a finish your degree in something besides software engineering.
Feeling better after a night of sleep, and currently looking into college opportunities. Apparently the state school nearby is accepting credits now and I am also looking into one in Pittsburgh. I will see how these pan out as well as keeping an eye out for job openings. I truly appreciate all the support :D
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Lind
Trustworthy Spriter
Spoken languages: Yes.