Why does my Aurora(Firefox) keep reverting to zoomed-in?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

LanaSkyeFan
Spoken languages: English, Indonesian, Palembangnese

Why does my Aurora(Firefox) keep reverting to zoomed-in?

Post by LanaSkyeFan »

It is always zoomed in twice(as in you have to zoom out twice to get it to normal state) everytime I turn my PC on and this is happening on every tab I open despite already zooming out twice for the first tab to get it to normal, the second, third, fourth tab, and so on still remain in the zoomed in version, even the new tab I decided to open

I just want them all back to normal, is it possible? :oops: Is this fail programming from Firefox? Or are they trolling us with this garbage? :calisto:

So, turned out that every new tab I open is always in the zoomed in version. Haiz, this is totally ruining the mood for browsing :yogi:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit.
Phantom

Re: Why does my Aurora(Firefox) keep reverting to zoomed-in?

Post by Phantom »

Check your accessibility settings on your windows machine (should be in control panel), it could be that an internal OS setting is making the comp zoomed for the browser (a MAYBE)

As for the browser, I assume you have the latest version of firefox.

Open up firefox.

Hit the Alt button on your keyboard (a new menu of items should appear on your browser if it isn't already).

Click the View menu, and click "Reset" (and for extra measure, make sure that "Zoom Text Only" is checked as well).

Now, go to the orange Firefox (with the little arrow) button, and access the options menu (Options>Options)

Now go to the "Content tab", and at the font & colors section, hit the "advanced" button.

Make sure Minimum font size is set to "None".

Restart the browser, and see if that changes.
Ami
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ami »

Please don't double post, Lana.

On subject, dude, tech is hating on you lately.
since 2008!
LanaSkyeFan

Post by LanaSkyeFan »

Hit the Alt button on your keyboard (a new menu of items should appear on your browser if it isn't already).
nothing appears when I press alt
Click the View menu, and click "Reset" (and for extra measure, make sure that "Zoom Text Only" is checked as well).
checked? as in you want me to tick them?
Now, go to the orange Firefox (with the little arrow) button, and access the options menu (Options>Options)
what orange Firefox? can you just tell me where it's positioned? top, bottom, left, right, northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast?

It's Tools>Options for me

That does it, I'm going to shut down my computer now and see if it really works properly (=3)

Yes it works properly now, thanks a lot Putin :mrgreen:

Btw there's a search bar I'm planning to remove, gonna take a picture in a minute

Forgive my double post, but you have to understand this is another matter we are talking about

http://s7.postimg.org/84cy4fle3/remove_search_bar.jpg

Is it possible to remove this search bar? It ruined the perfect composition of this browser :side:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 1000 character limit.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Merged the posts. From now on, please just edit the post if you want to add information. And there is a bump function somewhere, I don't know where it is.
since 2008!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I don't recognize the bar. Looks like a crapbar you or someone might've installed without paying attention to what it is. You need to research what the name of the toolbar is and all that, since the way it could be uninstalled has many different possibilities.

NEVER install a toolbar for your browser. EVER. It's not needed with modern browsers anymore.
LanaSkyeFan

Post by LanaSkyeFan »

Then maybe either my brother or sister installed it when they came here. They live on another town :sideglance2: Damn, then what do I do? Can I check where it came from?
energizerspark

Post by energizerspark »

Go to Add-Ons and disable anything suspicious.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
LanaSkyeFan

Post by LanaSkyeFan »

It worked, apparently the name is Default Tab, wish I could take a picture. Totally didn't expect such a normal name for an annoying search bar :lol: Yes, I removed it for eternity

Thanks, you have reenergized me, Mr. Spark :awesome:
Last edited by LanaSkyeFan on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

But it's not even uninstalled, it's just disabled from functioning.

It could still be intrusive to your browser and even your OS.
LanaSkyeFan

Post by LanaSkyeFan »

Nope, see my edited post, there's an option to remove it and that's what I did minutes ago :)