Anyone have any tips to keep awake?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Re: Anyone have any tips to keep awake?

Post by TKinhonipei »

A carbonated soda usually does the trick for me on usual nights of staying up and watching anime. I sip whenever I yawn. :)

I wouldn't recommend fear, unless you know how to suppress it. Cuz' that's all that's going to be on your mind instead of work lol.
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
Remilia Scarlet
Spoken languages: English

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Even if you stay up longer, you won't be able to do your work as well as if you weren't depriving yourself of sleep. Nevertheless, here are some tips:

1. If you're going to use an alarm clock, make sure the wake-up sound is fairly gentle and not, well, alarming. Unless you like increasing your blood pressure.

2. Talk to someone willing to prompt you into staying awake whenever you start dropping off.

3. Find a video game that keeps your brain active and play it during breaks. It'll probably need to be action-packed. Or Slender: The Arrival.

4. Listen to music that gets you motivated.

5. When you feel tired, do things that wake you up. When you feel more awake, get back to working. Even after you start getting tired, your energy will rebound after a few hours, so don't think you're stuck with that fatigue.
AkdC
Spoken languages: English, Filipino

Post by AkdC »

My personal method of staying up is not drinking anything warm. I usually feel sleepy when I do drink just a cup of warm milk (hey, don't stare at me like that), hot chocolate or even coffee.

Sometimes, when I am too fixated on my work, I could completely disregard time at all. I could stay up late for something, and not know that it's about sunrise. But... of course, I rarely do it nowadays.

I recommend doing these:
- Chug down water every now and then.
- Take a rest for a few minutes and try to do something that keeps you awake. I usually take with me some simple, small yet entertaining games. Nothing too tiring or too addictive.
- Get moving once in a while. Stretching is good.
- Take some power naps! If it happens that you can't wake by something as soft alarms, I'd take something really shocking as an alarm tone.
ImageImage
ProsecutorJustice

Post by ProsecutorJustice »

The only one I know is that you should wash your face when you get sleepy and do a bit of exercise (like walk, jump around, I dunno).
robloker8

Post by robloker8 »

Drink a liter of water.
ProsecutorJustice

robloker8 wrote:Drink a liter of water.
I didn't know water helped in staying awake. 0.0
robloker8

Post by robloker8 »

Well, you must feel full after drinking that much water in one go. That might help in trying to stay awake.
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

robloker8 wrote:Well, you must feel full after drinking that much water in one go. That might help in trying to stay awake.
Actually, the fuller you are the sleepier you get. When your stomach is full your brain released serotonin, which makes you fall asleep.
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
ProsecutorJustice

naagloshii wrote:
robloker8 wrote:Well, you must feel full after drinking that much water in one go. That might help in trying to stay awake.
Actually, the fuller you are the sleepier you get. When your stomach is full your brain released serotonin, which makes you fall asleep.
Reference: Garfield the Cat. He goes to sleep every time he eats. (=3)
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Hot cheetos or spicy food help me stay up during class and also on late night anime~
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
robloker8

Post by robloker8 »

naagloshii wrote:
I meant full of water.
robloker8

Post by robloker8 »

ProsecutorJustice wrote:
naagloshii wrote:
Reference: Garfield the Cat. He goes to sleep every time he eats. (=3)
Correction: He goes to sleep anytime, anywhere.
ProsecutorJustice

robloker8 wrote:Correction: He goes to sleep anytime, anywhere.
Touché. :)
Sardanapalos
Spoken languages: English, Greek, French

Post by Sardanapalos »

I will just give you this image. It was posted in an older forum I used to be a member of.

Larsen85

Post by Larsen85 »

Taking a shower usually helps, and when I become sleepy again I just go to the bathroom and wash my face again. Quick exercise helps too