This will be the only website I trust form now on.

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DKJustice1
Spoken languages: English

This will be the only website I trust form now on.

Post by DKJustice1 »

Here's a fact that is ironic for you justice lovers, a certain social network site is taking 30% of the money you spend on their apps.
Join me in this fight for free fairer website. This network site can not do anything about fraud.

Do Not play or download apps they are not free!

I wonder but I have to mention the name in anger, Facebook are scumbags I will not be giving them any more of my time.
Join me in this fight. Till the apps are removed for good.

Thanks ace attorney for not having these apps. Well done! :D :D :D

Ironic isn't it?

'Justice for all'
Ace Attorney Poem.

What a crime is done.
Gumshoe's has come.
His name is Dick.
It's a point and click.

To find a clue
or maybe a few.
To made your point of view.

In the trial
where every one stares
the judge does glare.

Objections fly from everywhere!
energizerspark

Re: This will be the only website I trust form now on.

Post by energizerspark »

Cool story bro.
this signature has been left as it was when I left the forum for archival purposes
Currently watching:
Steven Universe
Currently playing:
Currently reading:
the avatar is from Urusei Yatsura in case you were wondering
Meph

Post by Meph »

Charging for Web apps is just a recent thing. Most Web site's apps are free. :)
naagloshii
Spoken languages: English, French, learning Russian

Post by naagloshii »

DKJustice1 wrote:Here's a fact that is ironic for you justice lovers, a certain social network site is taking 30% of the money you spend on their apps.
Join me in this fight for free fairer website. This network site can not do anything about fraud.

Do Not play or download apps they are not free!

I wonder but I have to mention the name in anger, Facebook are scumbags I will not be giving them any more of my time.
Join me in this fight. Till the apps are removed for good.

Thanks ace attorney for not having these apps. Well done! :D :D :D

Ironic isn't it?

'Justice for all'
So wait, let me wrap my head around this.

A bunch of programmers put time and effort into making an app or a game for Facebook... and they're asking for their product to be SOLD instead of given away for free?! And Facebook is taking 30% of that money JUST because they're HOSTING these apps?!

Dear god! What an outrage! Thank heavens that doesn't happen for board games or movies or video games or oh wait.

People deserve to be compensated for the work they do. Facebook deserves to take some of that compensation for hosting and marketing. That's how the business world works, kids. Tell your friends.
I'm off to listen to bands you kids have never heard of, and when they go major I'll be there to complain about how much they've sold out!
-Uzuki Yashiro

♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
Ami

Post by Ami »

This seems fictitious. I've never been charged for anything I do on FB. FB may be jerks with your information, but they don't charge ya.
since 2008!
Meph

Post by Meph »

Ami wrote:This seems fictitious. I've never been charged for anything I do on FB. FB may be jerks with your information, but they don't charge ya.
You've never heard of microtransactions in apps, where you can buy coins or whatever to get upgrades? :)
ProsecutorJustice

Post by ProsecutorJustice »

Meph wrote:
Ami wrote:This seems fictitious. I've never been charged for anything I do on FB. FB may be jerks with your information, but they don't charge ya.
You've never heard of microtransactions in apps, where you can buy coins or whatever to get upgrades? :)
Farmville, Yoville, Cityville, about ANYTHING that ends with "ville" gives you extras if you "invest" money on those products, so this is something VERY old. =-/
Ami

Post by Ami »

Meph wrote:
Yes. However, you can achieve a similar effect by just simply grinding. Paying for things is silly. It would be like paying someone in an MMO actual money for something you can achieve yourself. Which I'm sure actually happens, since there's always someone silly enough.
since 2008!
TrialmanAKASoma Cruz

Post by TrialmanAKASoma Cruz »

Ami wrote:
Meph wrote:
Yes. However, you can achieve a similar effect by just simply grinding. Paying for things is silly. It would be like paying someone in an MMO actual money for something you can achieve yourself. Which I'm sure actually happens, since there's always someone silly enough.
:hobo:That's the Unusual hats in Team Fortress 2 in a nutshell.
I love all generations of My Little Pony and I'm proud of it! Paste this into your sig if you are too!
To please my Yuri side. (Picture by adcoon on DA)
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥
Love should be genderless.
If you agree, please add this to your signature.
ProsecutorJustice

Ami wrote:
Meph wrote:
Or HACK the game. Cheatengine was a popular hacking software back in the days of Dragonfable (an Artix Entertainment game). It was either grind, pay to have a better character or hack. I think you could hack Maplestory, too.
$Fth

Post by $Fth »

You can hack in pretty much anything if you try hard enough.
And all the carries and junglers will look up and shout "Save us!" and I'll whisper...
"MORDE ES NUMERO UNO HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE"
Bad Player wrote:In comparison, you put objects in bags.
Just call me Ike.
ProsecutorJustice

$Fth wrote:You can hack in pretty much anything if you try hard enough.
AND have the patience to go through trial and error every time you try to hack and doesn't end workin'. :sideglance2:
Hodou Okappa

Post by Hodou Okappa »

Better reason not to use Facebook: their entire business model consists of selling your personal information to companies and then using that information to target advertising that gets placed not only in banners, but in your news feed as well.

In the 90s, we called this kind of thing "adware." Now it's something that everyone WANTS to be part of. It's a shame that you essentially have to have a Facebook now for most professions / businesses. I mean, sure, it allows you to keep in touch with people, but IMO it's not really worth it in the end.

(Of course I have one, though. Who doesnt? hate being a hypocrite...)
Also known as: okappa, houdou.
Ami

Post by Ami »

Hodou Okappa wrote:Better reason not to use Facebook: their entire business model consists of selling your personal information to companies and then using that information to target advertising that gets placed not only in banners, but in your news feed as well.

In the 90s, we called this kind of thing "adware." Now it's something that everyone WANTS to be part of. It's a shame that you essentially have to have a Facebook now for most professions / businesses. I mean, sure, it allows you to keep in touch with people, but IMO it's not really worth it in the end.

(Of course I have one, though. Who doesnt? hate being a hypocrite...)
My news feed is pretty safe. The ads are neatly stacked in a small column to the right, and I tend to ignore them. As for selling personal information, I doubt- say - Taco Bell wants to know or even cares that I (for example) like Lucky Star. And plus, it allows me to keep in touch with some of my closest friends that I've met via mafia and Turnabout Musical, which is valuable to me.

Plus, you act like every transaction we make period doesn't send some information to someone else. It's not to Orwellian levels, and if it were, the public wouldn't take that lying down for long.
since 2008!
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Use Social Fixer. So much cleaner without it.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."