My Leaning Dissorder is not a Mental Disabiltiy(evidence in)

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

DKJustice1
Spoken languages: English

My Leaning Dissorder is not a Mental Disabiltiy(evidence in)

Post by DKJustice1 »

.... I can not believe I am having to post this but I felt I have no choice, I have mention my disorder once before.
Now can I ask you why is a metal disability presumed?

I have never mention anything about the mind or the brain. My disorder is on the inside of the genetic side of the chromosome not the mind.
I am flabbergasted at the tone people have been taking when I try to post. My family says ' when you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.'

I strongly suggest you all look it up on the internet it is called '18 P minus syndrome.' and maybe then you can have a slice of humble pie.
No wait! I do it for you after all this is about evidence and evidence is everything; well I will present evidence....

:takethat: http://www.chromosome18.org/TheConditio ... fault.aspx

There it is information and even a diagram of my condition and you can all eat crow pie. ( Humble pie is made of crow meat call numble pie at first. then mumble pie then Humble pie,).

Good reading and I am sorry about the tone of this post but the mocking tones I have seen have rather annoyed me to say the least and to let you know I am currently reading the UK law to understand it. This is for a book I am working on. Never ever judge a person on the merits of their writing look at ' Fifty Shades of Grey!'

That's more evidence, anyway before I'm forced to used capital letters on this forum, I have to admit I am struggling not to use them but I trying to be civil here the least you could do the same. However, if indeed I get another mocking response from some one I will have no choice but to use them.
Ace Attorney Poem.

What a crime is done.
Gumshoe's has come.
His name is Dick.
It's a point and click.

To find a clue
or maybe a few.
To made your point of view.

In the trial
where every one stares
the judge does glare.

Objections fly from everywhere!
Phantom

Re: My Leaning Dissorder is not a Mental Disabiltiy(evidence

Post by Phantom »

Huh, sorry to hear that, i thought your condition was well known around here :/. I don't know where the mocking posts youre referring to are at, but you should PM the mods if you find someone offending you in any way. They can (most of the time) take care of it

Presumably the folks that mocked you (how did they mock you?) didnt know the condition and thats why they committed to tease you about a post you may have written (nonharming most likely, just not delivered well), without knowing why you may be offended.

Still, if I were in your shoes, i'd be proud I wasnt treated in a "different" way, but rather an equal, barring the cobdition aside :)
DKJustice1

Post by DKJustice1 »

To be honest I have tried but so far there are being the ones being a jerk. I was angry and someone tried to stick up for me
However, the comment he made was not right I have tried my best to say sorry but so far no luck.
:cry:
Ace Attorney Poem.

What a crime is done.
Gumshoe's has come.
His name is Dick.
It's a point and click.

To find a clue
or maybe a few.

In the trial
where every one stares
the judge does glare.

enigma
Spoken languages: miaou

Post by enigma »

For the record, I would like to state that I had no intention of what happened in the NPD thread happening. I was, at the time, unaware of your disorder and I was just making a joke over the fact that it was the National Punctuation Day's opening post. However, once someone made me aware of what I had done, I retracted my post instantly (as you can see if you check the thread.) Again, my apologies. However, I want to make it clear I wasn't trying to mock you and I genuinely wasn't aware of 18-P minus. Sorry.
SwagmaWampyr
Spoken languages: English, Basic 1337

Post by SwagmaWampyr »

DKJustice1 wrote: However, the comment he made was not right I have tried my best to say sorry but so far no luck.

Sigh... no, no, look, that's not what this is about, and that's not the message I've been trying to send.

Yes, I misunderstood what the disorder was, that was my bad, sorry. But when you approach me about it the way you have it really makes it hard for me to see that trying to reason with you about my intentions is the right thing to do here. That kind of reaction was unnecessary in the first place, all you had to do was say something "Um no, actually 18P- is something like this" and I would have said "Oh, ok, sorry, my mistake, I didn't understand properly" and that could have been the end of it right then and there.

What I HAVE been trying to say with my PMs is that if you want to demonize me and make me the bad guy (Which is the message I'm interpreting in what you've been sending me), you're free to do that, if that's what you're sold on believing, then I can't do anything to stop that belief, and all I can do is accept that. Enough people hate me, anyway.

You are correct in that I was mistaken and partially in the wrong, but, well... the way you go about correcting people who make that misconception isn't really right, either. While I can see why that bothered you, it just makes things a hundred times worse for everyone if your response is just to blow up at the person instead of calmly explaining to them that they're mistaken, and why. There's a peaceful alternative: You should use the more calm approach, and most people will understand as long as they're reasonable, and things like this won't need to happen in the first place. It's all very preventable, in most scenarios.

And for the above reason... I kind of have to say the tone of this topic isn't really the right way to go about things, either. I get that you're upset. I get WHY it upset you. It was my mistake and I apologize for the misunderstanding. But this isn't the right way to fix it. I was never attempting to prove that 18P- was actually a mental disorder, I was simply mistaken. I'm human. I screw up. I misinterpret things. It happens.

The short version, if this is too long:

I screwed up. I apologized.
You also screwed up, and you apologized. I was never trying to extort additional apologies.
There's a MUCH easier, much more peaceful way to go about fixing situations like this if it happens again. I'm calmly and trying to politely advise you to learn how to handle these situations that way, because in the end it makes both parties much happier.

I hope this makes sense, I'm really not sure what I can add here.

(I could have continued this in PM, but pretty much everything has gotten to the forums so I don't think it matters anymore...)
The one and only Rated B member.
Engaged to Gumpei <3
ImageImageImage
Sligneris
Spoken languages: English, Polish

Post by Sligneris »

enigma wrote:For the record, I would like to state that I had no intention of what happened in the NPD thread happening. I was, at the time, unaware of your disorder and I was just making a joke over the fact that it was the National Punctuation Day's opening post. However, once someone made me aware of what I had done, I retracted my post instantly (as you can see if you check the thread.) Again, my apologies. However, I want to make it clear I wasn't trying to mock you and I genuinely wasn't aware of 18-P minus. Sorry.
Huh?... What happened there in the first place?

Okay, now that I read that... It's SwagmaWampyr who made a mistake, not you, enigma. <.> Even the fact that the OP herself says it's not anything mentality-related confirms that pointing out spelling and grammatical errors isn't really any delicate subject.

Also, Swagma. Correction =/= mockery.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

It was just helping each other correct the posts to be in the spirit of good punctuation (but it happened to include grammar as well.
DKJustice1

Post by DKJustice1 »

I just thought I clear it up: For those people, that don't understand that is is not manly in my head, to quell those that ideas that I'm taking offensive I had to admit I was a little tried at. I don't usually be that bitter and to be honest I am glad that this site knows more that most: Thanks to our local post ' I have 18 P - do you?' to see what I mean.

So to be honest: It is please to know that people would stand up for me To put it clear thank you.
Ace Attorney Poem.

What a crime is done.
Gumshoe's has come.
His name is Dick.
It's a point and click.

To find a clue
or maybe a few.

In the trial
where every one stares
the judge does glare.