Community Announcement: Member of the Month

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Re: Community Announcement: Member of the Month

Post by kwando1313 »

Yeah, I've even checking out the pirate pad... It's just not been working for some reason.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Tap
Spoken languages: English

Post by Tap »

Google Docs, then?
ImageImage
lazyplague

Post by lazyplague »

Yeah, we were working on using that, but suddenly my aforementioned mental state kept me from even being able to do it. It may sound a bit dumb, but I just... couldn't.
Broocevelt
Spoken languages: ES/FR/EN/DE

Post by Broocevelt »

To be honest, Tap... The lack of interaction in the interviews (due to you leaving the questions and not needing to be present) kind of bothered me compared to Meph's MotM. It used to be more like a conversation and more questions/topics could spawn from answers to a specific question, rather than going straight to the next question without really discussing the answer/what's been said. Sure, you can add a comment after you read the result but... It's not really the same.

I'm all for MotM but meh. I'd rather adjust people with proper timezones if you're going to have to do it like that. Just my opinion.
Tap

Post by Tap »

To each his own opinion, I think. Here's my thoughts:

Meph approached it from the 'conversationalist' format, and that approach, I found, required a consistent commitment to chasing up members to be on MSN or Skype at the same time. I also found that format, while it did in fact extend the interview with a deeper discussion into members answers, it often meant interviews couldn't be completed in one or two sittings or more, if both the interviewee and the interviewer had no time to spare. This kind of consistent commitment wasn't something I could offer these interviews, what with university and work.

I chose the 'interview' format, which did maintain the question/topic spawning to an extent, but not to the degree in the 'conversationalist' format. However, I don't believe it had any impact on how the interviews were received by the community in the long-run. It's been pretty much analysed, discussed, debated and said in the past couple of pages the downward spiral trend of how these interviews are being received. Declining page numbers, lack of participation, and decreasing topic views. At the end of the day, the 'conversationalist' format wouldn't have kept Member of the Month afloat.

In any case, I think it's time to blow this thread to smithereens, now that we have the spin-off/unofficial Member of the Month in the works. The Christmas Member of the Month interview won't be happening, but the June/Anniversary Interviews still will be. :)

De-stickied. I'll lock this if anyone else wants to add any further discussion for x reason.
ImageImage