AA Trial for Programming Project- Using AAO Resources?

Discuss topics that are unrelated to Ace Attorney Online, introduce yourself if you're new and read the latest Member of the Month interview.

Moderators: EN - Assistant Moderators, EN - Forum Moderators

Hyliabook
Spoken languages: English, Hylian

AA Trial for Programming Project- Using AAO Resources?

Post by Hyliabook »

I really don't know where to put this, but for my JAVA Data Structures class, for my final project, I'm making an AA trial.

So far all of my of my resources have come from Court Records, but they don't have everything I need, like for example they're missing some sprites of characters.

I was wondering if it would be okay to use some of the resources from AAO, since you guys seem to have those resources I need.

I'd credit of course, that does bring the question, who would I end up crediting?

If you're curious on the progress I've made...

Image Image Image Image Image

Also a side note, using AAO helped inspire the design for this project, and gave me a nice head start (Ex. I instantly knew to do the frame No and ID system, something that probably would have taken me a little while to think up...) so thanks for that :larry:
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Re: AA Trial for Programming Project- Using AAO Resources?

Post by Unas »

Well, most of our resources actually come from CR as well, but if you find any sprite here that you need feel free to use it, I have no problem with that. ;-)
Also, as long as you're using sprites for official characters and such, I think you should simply credit Capcom : they are the owners and creators of the characters and everything.

Good luck with your school project, It looks like it's going fine already !
I'm glad that AAO is a source of inspiration for a future software engineer ^^
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Hyliabook
Spoken languages: English, Hylian

Re: AA Trial for Programming Project- Using AAO Resources?

Post by Hyliabook »

Thanks a lot! It would have felt like stealing if I hadn't asked, so thanks!