The Nexus: Discussion of Round VII

Archives of the AAOnline Mafia game, now relocated to http://saccharynepark.co.cc/
O.G. Cracker

Re: The Nexus: Discussion of Round VII

Post by O.G. Cracker »

Good game, guys. And of course congrats to Sinbad for basically dominating the game from start to finish.
Sinbad wrote:For the Town, I become Cid's third orderly, known only to him. (actually, this was the point of contention that drove me to really suspect OG, he didnt realize i was his third orderly)
Yeah, this was kinda irritating since Ghaleon wasn't planning to tell me this until the night after, by which point Sinbad had already made my identity public...>_>
Ah was an engineer, 'n' that meant ah solved problems.

AAO Round VII: Cid Pollendina, slain by Scarmiglione
NatLazy

Post by NatLazy »

The Town's Crystal Power was kick ass honestly and when Ishio died, I was hoping it would actually get to go off.
Role PM's Description wrote:Hidden Power (The Power of Meteor): All Mafioso Powers are removed from play for the next three day/night phases (this does include Night Hits) and one random role is killed. This includes Kain if he has joined the Mafia.
I really wanted to be the one to activate it, and I was most happy when we got the vanilla, to the point where I was literally Dancing and singing, since this meant that my Hidden Power could nab the final Mafioso if I got the crystal. Then I kinda died.

What I want to know:

1) Did DJ_Zao seriously have the last crystal, or am I totally misunderstanding the trial?
2) Who had the fire crystal before me (That was the only one I got on accident)
Sinbad wrote:It was all aoshi's fault, he sent me an affiliation request for the TOWN.
Yeah, between this and not hitting me Night One :P. Sinbad probably could have aligned mafia and I would have never known any different, since only the first request in is confirmed. But he didn't receive a request for it~.
That, and NOW it hits me what kind of phase we were in when Sinbad and I role claimed to each other. We were in the middle of a NIGHT PHASE. Had I not been panicking about how the heck I was going to find a crystal, let alone eight, none of this would have happened, since I would have thought about the fact that it was a Night Phase and waited until Day Two.

@Sinbad: Second jump's better than using Phoenix down sometimes, hmm?

@Everybody: Good Game! I really enjoyed this round a lot!
Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Walks down the road, towards the town square, once teeming with life, now nothing but a barren wasteland.

The citizens of baron were nowhere to be found, all locked up in decrepit, graying buildings, a few peering out of broken windows, through tattered curtains

Walks deliberately towards the center of the town, picks up an abandoned radio
Sets volume to max and turns it on, holds it above his head
The indecent cackle of static echoes through the streets as more people peered out their windows to see the commotion
Changes the channel, turning the dial as a voice grows louder and clearer through the static
Holds the radio above his head, high

"H-hello?
Can anyone hear me? Anyone there?
Or has fear led you all to hide from yourselves?
Where are you? Cowering beneath your beds, fearing the monsters that roam the streets, taking our innocents and destroying our livelihoods?
Where are you? The brave who make a stand? The defiant who bow to no one? The almighty who protect the weak?
This is a call to those who haven't yet heard, to those who still need to serve their duty to our kingdom!
Stand up and come, those who haven't yet answered, lest we allow our fair kingdom to fall into the hands of eternal darkness!
Stand up, and be not afraid! Our enemies rule by fear, and will not desist lest we match them with bravery!
This is our hour of glory! This is our moment of truth!
We must unite, or else..."

The radio starts sputtering, letting out steam and spitting sparks as it let out its last, eerie note.

Drops the steaming remains of radio as they land with a clank; signs of life reappear, as people open the doors to look at the curious stranger.
Takes off cloak, face finally in full view as the rising red beams of sun reflect off it; immediately recognized by many, some staring in shock and awe and others glaring in hatred

"I am Kain, and I stand before you, naked to the eye."

"I ask of you: will no one answer my call?"
Actually, This is the post where i roleclaimed.

@Nat: Always jump a second time
Psycholocksmith

Post by Psycholocksmith »

Maybe I should have roleclaimed Kain instead of arguing that I would go town if I was Kain...
Dj_Zao

Post by Dj_Zao »

Karfka wrote:And Zao, I know you killed Rosa and Cecil and all, and that's great, but riddle me this... Why the hell didn't you kill 100% confirmed town aligned, TW leader, MVP, and mafia wrangler sooner?!!? I'm kinda curious about this, although I congratulate you on the success of your other two hits.
If I tell the truth... I didn't know what to do for the Night Hits... if go to the ones that Ishio mentioned to me {Djoftheweb and Natty} or the confirmed ones {Sinbad and OG}... and the end... I decided to go to the ones that Ishio mentioned for the Night Hits...
AAO Tree 2: Mommy NatLazy | Daddy Force | Bro Mousy
AAO Tree 3: Mommy NatLazy | Daddy Ryuusai09 | Sis Lights
Pink Princess Tree: Mommy NatLazy | Daddy NintendoSaiyan | Bro vhunter13

Regy Rusty

Post by Regy Rusty »

@Psycho: That would only have hastened your destruction.

You should have emphatically stated that you were NOT Kain, and avoided speculating on "what you would do if you were Kain" because if you AREN'T HIM that type of argument is completely meaningless. Case in point: Say you'd been Mafia. A Mafian saying "Oh if I were Kain, I would join the town" doesn't mean you should trust them. A member of the Mafia CANNOT join the town so it's irrelevant what they would do if the situation were different.
Karfka

Post by Karfka »

Dj_Zao wrote:
Karfka wrote:And Zao, I know you killed Rosa and Cecil and all, and that's great, but riddle me this... Why the hell didn't you kill 100% confirmed town aligned, TW leader, MVP, and mafia wrangler sooner?!!? I'm kinda curious about this, although I congratulate you on the success of your other two hits.
If I tell the truth... I didn't know what to do for the Night Hits... if go to the ones that Ishio mentioned to me {Djoftheweb and Natty} or the confirmed ones {Sinbad and OG}... and the end... I decided to go to the ones that Ishio mentioned for the Night Hits...

Hmmm... well, it paid off. Good job. Although we were laughing and fuming about Sinbad's prolonged survival in the DT.
Psycholocksmith

Post by Psycholocksmith »

Regy Rusty wrote:@Psycho: That would only have hastened your destruction.

You should have emphatically stated that you were NOT Kain, and avoided speculating on "what you would do if you were Kain" because if you AREN'T HIM that type of argument is completely meaningless. Case in point: Say you'd been Mafia. A Mafian saying "Oh if I were Kain, I would join the town" doesn't mean you should trust them. A member of the Mafia CANNOT join the town so it's irrelevant what they would do if the situation were different.
:shock: Maybe next time i'll just screen my posts so that I don't say anything stupid instead...
Karfka

Post by Karfka »

Always a good policy!
Ghaleon
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ghaleon »

That reminds me... HP Banners!

I might make individual banners later.
Karfka

Post by Karfka »

Wait, what does the mafia's crystal HP do? Aoshi never told us... at least not me.
videocrazy
Spoken languages: English

Post by videocrazy »

Okay, in order:

Kain Highwind
Power: For every phase that Kain remains Wildcard, he can steal a crystal at 30% efficiency. Kain does not get to choose who he wants to steal from. When Kain affiliates, the stolen crystals will be given to the leader of that faction one by one per phase.

Hidden Power:
Mafia – Thievery of the Winds: Barbariccia and Kain work together that allows Barbariccia to steal a crystal from the Town every time a Town role is killed with Barbariccia’s power.

Townie – Fly to the Heavens: Kain uses his abilities to become a third orderly for Cid to give orders every night phase. There is a 25% chance that every time Cid uses Kain to carry orders will expose that Kain is the one taking orders. Cagnazzio can then use Kain once this exposure is done.

Hidden Power (The Power of Meteor): All Mafioso Powers are removed from play for the next three day/night phases (this does include Night Hits) and one random role is killed. This includes Kain if he has joined the Mafia.

Hidden Power (Giant of Babel): When the Mafia has control over all eight crystals; the next phase activates this power automatically. The Giant of Babil will kill two Townies of Golbez’s choosing and a random Townie role. If Golbez chooses a Townie that is roled, a random Townie role will still be attacked, unless there is no more Townie Roles in play.

Karfka

Post by Karfka »

Thank you. That would have been a great power... *sigh*
Aoshi

Post by Aoshi »

...Yeah, I screwed up pretty big this Round.

To be fair, I got put between a rock and a hard place when FF3 contacted me Night One.

I don't remember my logic for not affiliating Sinbad to the Mafia... in retrospect, this plan here would have worked anyway.

The one screwup of the Round was this:

I sent in an affiliation request to Ghaleon to affiliate Zakeri earlier that Night. When I tried to affiliate Sinbad, I forgot to ask him to cancel the Zakeri affiliation.

IF I HAD DONE THAT, I WOULD HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED CECIL ><...

Oh well. 'Twas a blast while it lasted.
GM'd by yours truly and mercurykitten. Game begins January 2, sign-ups ending January 1!
Karfka

Post by Karfka »

Ya know, a picture is much less substantial then the real thing. *Grabs more steak knives* FOR THE MAFIA!!!! *Attacks EB*