Roulette Rules

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Reecer6
Spoken languages: English and, for the most part, Spanish

Re: Roulette Rules

Post by Reecer6 »

That's not really a contradiction. That's like when the witness calls Mr. Coope "Mr. Poop" because they're mad at him. You don't go and present Coope's profile at that point.
~~~Image~~~
I have a tumblr, check it out!
The Fury Wraith wrote:''Now I'm SERIOUS!''

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
clcman
Spoken languages: English

Post by clcman »

RiksKing wrote:
enigma wrote:Hmm.... I must admit, I don't see anymore clear logic errors standing out to me. Damn. I think I might have to concede the nonexistence of the logic error... Dang and blast...
:holdit:
There's still one point left. Namely the fact that this is the description of the comp theme:
clcman wrote:The Ultimate Turnabout: Make a case that fits ALL 36 of the following themes in some form or another:
But what if this isn't the Ultimate Turnabout and lacks one thing? That's right! Look at prompt number 11:

11. Love is in the Air (A case featuring a love story or romance in some way)

And now at the prompt underneath it:

11. An Arkham Night (A case featuring atleast one character who is crazy or madness/insanity as a theme)

There are 2 prompts 11! Which means there are 37 prompts to make a trial about! The description doesn't fit this, so it's technically not the "Ultimate" Turnabout!
So many plottwists...
:shock: T-T-THAT'S IMPOSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEE!!!!!!! :gray:

Oh, well. *Ultimate Turnabout Requirements Actualized*

(But seriously? Enigma and Zeel accidentally had 37 prompts the entire time? (Not counting Prompt 0, of course) That is INDEED quite a twist.)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Gratz calvinball~

Super well deserved winner IMO. Was a great trial that you wrote~

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

wow

i haven't even started the ceremony

and you already spoiled it

thanks kwando

you might as well tell me who kaiser sose is next
RiksKing
Spoken languages: English, Dutch, Little bit German & French

Post by RiksKing »

Congratulations Calvinball! Haven't seen your trial yet, but I will :).
Spoiler : Regarding the trial :
I remember when I said that I didn't laugh as much in a very long time while watching the stream. Well, this trial thingy takes that to a whole other level. You guys just HAD to bring Pearles back, didn't you :cute:
Also, I WANTED to not join next comp to polish up Payphone, but I just got this translated message from Rinkk:
Spoiler : :
[19:27:22] Rinkkjs: OH WE'LL DO THE NEXT ONE
[19:27:24] Rinkkjs: WHEN IS IT?!

[19:27:28] Rinkkjs: SIGN US UP
[19:27:35] Rinkkjs: NOW RIKSKING DO IT NOOOW!
So I guess I don't have much of a choice there :XD:
Nah I'm kidding, while I do want to polish up Payphone, I'd also like to join next comp aswell.

Also: Thanks enigma and Zeel1. I had a blast entering!
And I hope I can collab with someone here at some point^^
Last edited by RiksKing on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--Captivated by Persona 4--
DWaM

Post by DWaM »

spoilers

spoilers everywhere

Congrats to the winner!
GuardianDreamer
Spoken languages: English, Spanish

Post by GuardianDreamer »

So for some reason this isn't working for me? I just get a black screen, and I think I'm supposed to wait, but I've been waiting for a long while now. And yes, I tried to make sure not to switch tabs. I tried it on Chrome and Firefox too. I just get nothing. Anyone have any idea what's wrong? I've played a V6 trial before, so this confuses me.

Edit: It worked when I tried a couple of hours later. Nevermind that then.
Last edited by GuardianDreamer on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hosted The Year of Luigi competition (and here's the awards ceremony).
Current AAO projects (to be completed eventually, probably, hopefully): A Silly Little Dream (hopefully 2024), My Dearest Direst Disgrace (hopefully 2025)
Stuff I've made on here: QotU
Make My Life Worse
Malleus Maleficarum: The Witch of San Ignacio
The Six Transgender Lesbian Goddesses of Love Are Having A Petty Argument, So They Try To Settle Things Alongside The Three Transgender Gay Gods of Flavor
Defend Him, Not Me!
The Guardian and the Dreamer
I was a guest judge and did a bit of writing for the TICKING TIME BOMB competition.
My Twitter is here
Avatar is of Marth from Fire Emblem, commissioned from @PiyoStoria on Twitter.
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

I can't believe I, the real winner, won, like a winner.
Spoiler : :
well, I won the most important runner-up award...
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

OH MY GOSH.

DID I JUST WIN?

NO, THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT. I MEAN, THIS WAS MY FIRST TRIAL. I MEAN, LIKE, THERE'S CLCMAN! HE'S EXPERIENCED! HE'S LIKE, MADE STUFF BEFORE! AND REECER! HIS TRIAL HAS AN INSTANT COFFEE PUN! AND RIKSKING AND RINKKJS, THEY'VE GOT CHARLEY!

I WON?! ..... I WON!

Whoa, okay, calming down, deeeeeep breathes...

*inhaleexhale*

Wow. This is just... wow. When I first entered, I did not expect this to happen. Winning my very first competition is just such an honor, I don't know what to say. It was a blast to make the trial and I can't describe how happy I felt when you guys played it in the stream and enjoyed it. I'm really glad I could add to this awesome community!

Uh... this means I'm hosting the next competition, yeah? Okay... lemme check my calender and I'll let you know what the plan is.

I mean, just... wow. This is incredible. Thank you so much for hosting the competition! And a TON of thanks to all my beta-testers, they're the ones that really helped make this trial as good as it is now!

Just... THANK YOU! WOW! I AM WAY MORE EXCITED THAN I NEED TO BE, AND I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Congratulations, calvinball! A newcomer winning a comp? Unheard of!

I can't wait to try out your case calvin, once again, congratz
clcman

Post by clcman »

calvinball wrote:OH MY GOSH.

DID I JUST WIN?

NO, THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT. I MEAN, THIS WAS MY FIRST TRIAL. I MEAN, LIKE, THERE'S CLCMAN! HE'S EXPERIENCED! HE'S LIKE, MADE STUFF BEFORE! AND REECER! HIS TRIAL HAS AN INSTANT COFFEE PUN! AND RIKSKING AND RINKKJS, THEY'VE GOT CHARLIE!

I WON?! ..... I WON!

Whoa, okay, calming down, deeeeeep breathes...

*inhaleexhale*

Wow. This is just... wow. When I first entered, I did not expect this to happen. Winning my very first competition is just such an honor, I don't know what to say. It was a blast to make the trial and I can't describe how happy I felt when you guys played it in the stream and enjoyed it. I'm really glad I could add to this awesome community!

Uh... this means I'm hosting the next competition, yeah? Okay... lemme check my calender and I'll let you know what the plan is.

I mean, just... wow. This is incredible. Thank you so much for hosting the competition! And a TON of thanks to all my beta-testers, they're the ones that really helped make this trial as good as it is now!

Just... THANK YOU! WOW! I AM WAY MORE EXCITED THAN I NEED TO BE, AND I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT!
:objection:
You are far LESS excited than you should be! GET MORE EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!
But seriously, good job. It's not easy to enter your first comp, make your first trial or, most importantly, finish your first trial FOR A COMPETITION. Haven't actually played/watched stream of your case yet, but it sounds like it might be worth checking out.
(Strangely enough, I ALSO won my first competition with my first trial against a much more experienced trial maker with an incomplete. Maybe it's something about rookies that motivates them to work harder and actually finish cases?)

Also, enigma and Zeel, you DO realize that you've just made "The Ultimate Turnabout" a legitimately possible theme, right? You thought that far ahead, correct?

I'd so do it.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Reecer6

Post by Reecer6 »

I am so angered I was beat by someone else even newer than me - and that was still technically my first trial! I will convert this anger into MOTIVATION TO WIN THE NEXT COMP! Congratulations, now please give me the win on this one.
~~~Image~~~

Desmyrr grabs his LEMON!
Evo
Spoken languages: Deutsch, English

Post by Evo »

Congratulations!
You really deserved it. The Broken Turnabout was great.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

...Taken down for content. You both knew this was coming. You can re-release the trial after you clean it up.

Congratulations to calvinball.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson