I'll Face Myself

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: I'll Face Myself

Post by Enthalpy »

Blizdi wrote:
Enthalpy wrote:Six hours, no entries yet...
I'm sure you're going to get them literally last minute due to the outage
I did extend the deadline a day due to said outage!
clcman wrote:Ugh. I should probably say right now that I won't be submitting anything. I DID make progress on AWoT, and the project has been revitalized for me, but I got very distracted dealing with preparations for not one but TWO Game Jam projects that I am involved in, so... progress, I guess?

...I did get that SWEET bloody badge evidence from the hype shot, so that's a plus.
Sorry to hear. When you have the Evilthena case done, let me know, so I can play it.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Tiagofvarela
Spoken languages: English, Portuguese

Post by Tiagofvarela »

I figure just posting *dead* might be considered a spam post, so I'll be slightly more eloquent and state that I have submitted my entry.
It's good enough to be considered "finished" but it needs polishing, which it won't get because there's a Game Jam going on right now.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Confirmed! One entry in, one to go!

I'll decide how posting reviews will work in more detail once I've actually played the entries, but I'm thinking that I'll be more detailed than usual, due to the number of entrants and the competition theme.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
clcman
Spoken languages: English

Post by clcman »

Enthalpy wrote: Sorry to hear. When you have the Evilthena case done, let me know, so I can play it.
I continue to find it amusing that Evilthena, who is supposed to be a surprise plot twist, is now the only reason anyone knows anything about this case.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Submitted my case! It's not totally complete, but most of it's there.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Good luck tiag and Ferdie! Cant wait to try both these cases when theyre released
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Tiagofvarela already said his case was A Tricky Turnabout, but Ferdie's is named Turnabout Bakeshop.

Hoping to have played through these soon! I've gotten through the first two CEs of Tiag's case, and I can say that I'm enjoying it quite a lot already.
Tiagofvarela

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Heh. Little does he know that it's on CE3 that the logic goes to hell.
I exaggerate, but it is true that I needed to make some adjustments to the next cross-examinations that I simply did not have time to make, so they might be a bit hard to follow, unfortunately.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Upcoming: A Worldly Turnabout, A Courtly Turnabout, A Clumsy Turnabout, A Needy Turnabout
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

I dunno why but I always love it when comps end up being 1v1 with 2 entries.
clcman

Post by clcman »

Having played Tiag's case, I will confirm that it is a very unique and enjoyable little thing.

I should really send you that SoC, shouldn't I...
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Well I would hope something called "A Tricky Turnabout" would be unique lol
Tiagofvarela

Post by Tiagofvarela »

clcman wrote:Having played Tiag's case, I will confirm that it is a very unique and enjoyable little thing.

I should really send you that SoC, shouldn't I...
WHAAAT!? When did this happen??
The question is genuine, as up until submission the whole thing was kind of incomplete and I have no idea which version of the trial you might have played.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

If you don't mind, I'll PM you when I'm stuck / have a question. I had accidentally spoiled myself on one part of CE2, when I opened the editor to get a fact-check on a detail.
Tiagofvarela

Post by Tiagofvarela »

Enthalpy wrote:If you don't mind, I'll PM you when I'm stuck / have a question. I had accidentally spoiled myself on one part of CE2, when I opened the editor to get a fact-check on a detail.
Took me a whole day, but I've finally figured out how the first sentence connects to the second.
By asking me for help, you'll avoid spoiling yourself again.
A Laggy Turnabout ★
A Batty Turnabout ★
A Tricky Turnabout ★
Blizdi

Post by Blizdi »

Aw I just realized we're probably just gonna get text judgement and no meme trial comp results :(