Looking Back (Awards Ceremony is out!)

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

clcman
Spoken languages: English

Re: Looking Back

Post by clcman »

I've been thinking about this comp theme for a few days now, and have come to a decision.

I am entering this competition... sort of.

Let's face it. I've entered more competitions than just about anyone here. I've been doing it for nine years. So I definitely should do something for this throwback comp. But my trials manager is long and filled with unfinished comp products, doomed to never see the light of day. Will adding one more to that pile really help anyone?

So here is what I am going to do. Instead of trying to make one case out of three old competition prompts, I will make THREE cases, each with one old prompt!

How will I do this, you ask? Simple. For this competition, I shall strive to release three of my unfinished comp cases to the AAO public by the comp deadline!

Is this foolish? Definitely. Will I be able to do it? I dunno. Will it be awesome if I can do it? You're darned right it will! So I'm in! Sort of.

(Obviously I have no expectation of hosting the next comp even if I do achieve this feat, but it seemed a lot more fun to make this personal challenge a part of the competition than to just labor away by myself.)
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
risefromtheashes
Spoken languages: English, Russian, Armenian, Spanish

Post by risefromtheashes »

clcman wrote:I've been thinking about this comp theme for a few days now, and have come to a decision.

I am entering this competition... sort of.

Let's face it. I've entered more competitions than just about anyone here. I've been doing it for nine years. So I definitely should do something for this throwback comp. But my trials manager is long and filled with unfinished comp products, doomed to never see the light of day. Will adding one more to that pile really help anyone?

So here is what I am going to do. Instead of trying to make one case out of three old competition prompts, I will make THREE cases, each with one old prompt!

How will I do this, you ask? Simple. For this competition, I shall strive to release three of my unfinished comp cases to the AAO public by the comp deadline!

Is this foolish? Definitely. Will I be able to do it? I dunno. Will it be awesome if I can do it? You're darned right it will! So I'm in! Sort of.

(Obviously I have no expectation of hosting the next comp even if I do achieve this feat, but it seemed a lot more fun to make this personal challenge a part of the competition than to just labor away by myself.)
Gonna talk about this with Super legenda before actually putting you on the list, but (bolding this so no one gets the wrong idea) if you are accepted as an honorary entrant, then there will be no chance of you actually winning the comp because you are acting under different rules. But it would be very fun to give you some new custom awards as an incentive to see if you can actually pull this off (and it's quite fitting with the theme, honestly).

I'm hoping SL's on board with that, because that would make this comp very unique.
The Mindcastle System
(Don't know what a system is? Play 6-4, and take a look here.)
----------
OUR CASES:
- Athena Cykes ~ Locks on the Heart (synopsis)
- May Your Memory Be a Blessing
- A Little Piece of Healing
- The Killer Turnabout (~70% complete!)
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Check out our music & art thread here!
Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Post by Super legenda »

This is surely something! I'm very excited for what'll happen in this comp.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

I've been working seemingly nonstop on this case for the past couple days, currently at a little over 500 frames in the entire project. So far, here's my favorite out-of-context screenshot (that doesn't spoil the story, of course).
Spoiler : :

The funny part is that she's not asking this for the reason you'd immediately think.
Image Image
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Awsome2464 wrote:here's my favorite out-of-context screenshot (that doesn't spoil the story, of course).

The funny part is that she's not asking this for the reason you'd immediately think.
Spoiler : Response :
My guess is Never Trust the Narrator and she asked something completely irrelevant, like "Nick!! Will you please buy me a burger?!"
That said, we have a hype-shot of our own!
Spoiler : Hypeshot :

In case you have played The Starting Turnabout, let it be known that this case does not require knowledge of any of the series's cases (aka it's an independent sequel, which is permitted)
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DJJ6800

Post by DJJ6800 »

Nicky Boy wrote: That said, we have a hype-shot of our own!
Spoiler : Hypeshot :

In case you have played The Starting Turnabout, let it be known that this case does not require knowledge of any of the series's cases (aka it's an independent sequel, which is permitted)
I didn't think that my theme would have representation in this comp.
Also, I see your hype shot and raise you this.
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

DJJ6800 wrote:
I didn't think that my theme would have representation in this comp.
It's being used in mine, as well, so there's that!
Image Image
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Oh wow, the first hypeshots! I'm getting excited.
risefromtheashes

Oh, hell yeah @ all the hypeshots! Keep up the work! (Really impressed with Mx. I-Have-500-Frames-Done over here!)
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:
- I guess we made the Looking Back case comp ceremony with Super legenda, but that's not an actual case

----------
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

risefromtheashes wrote:Really impressed with Mx. I-Have-500-Frames-Done over here!
Lol thanks. I had a really fun idea in mind and just couldn't stop myself.
Image Image
ikuzonos
Spoken languages: English, limited French

Post by ikuzonos »

The other hypeshots have me excited! I'm at about 650 frames myself, so here's mine?
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

Wow, you guys are really working fast!
clcman

Post by clcman »

ikuzonos wrote:The other hypeshots have me excited! I'm at about 650 frames myself, so here's mine?
It is truly unusual to encounter this level of frame production so early in the comp! Keep going, people!
Spoiler : The Hypeshot :
I think Dysfunctional Family can come back and pull through.
What do REAL, NON-BRIBED people have to say about HTB!?
"This really changed the way I thought about Phoenix as a character. ...Wow." - Reecer6
"HTB! contains truths that might be hard to stomach, but had to be unveiled nonetheless." - Blackrune
"This deserves a best plot twist award." - Evo
"It changed my life, and it can change yours too. For the better, I mean." - Calvinball
"I will never look at Phoenix Wright the same way again" - PhoenixRises123
"omg best thing on aao" - AceAttorneyMaster111
DISCOVER THE TRUTH YOU NEVER KNEW YOU DIDN'T KNOW IN HTB! PROLOGUE AND PART 1, AVAILABLE NOW!!

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -Isaac Asimov
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong." -H. L. Mencken
risefromtheashes

We're two weeks into the comp, and we have 8 entrants! (9, if we count the honorary clcman.) Thank you to all who joined!

I, for one, am loving that we ALREADY have hypeshots going on, and people with 500+ frames completed! Jesus Christ, that's impressive. Keep up the pace! :maya:
The Mindcastle System
----------
OUR CASES:

----------
Awsome2464

Post by Awsome2464 »

Speaking of hypeshots, how about another?
Image Image