Turnabout of the New Generation

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Zeel1™
Spoken languages: English

Re: Turnabout of the New Generation

Post by Zeel1™ »

I'd just really rather not come in, only to delay things even longer...

A little more awake now, maybe I just need some more caffeine... :awesome:
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Zeel1™

Post by Zeel1™ »

#3 - Blackrune's One Hell Of A Turnabout
I'll sue you in Hell! HAHAHAHAHA! Ahhh, did you see what I did there? See, it's like "see you in Hell", but... but I said... "sue"... heh heh... heh... *Ahem*

Spoiler : Judging :
  • I'd really put a non-wait-timer frame at the beginning, so people aren't shot directly into the prologue.
  • So they magically appear in the defendant's lobby, eh? Interesting... I like how he immediately blames Phoenix. :P
  • "Manfred von Karma. Chief prosecutor of Hell." ...There's something amusing about this line. :P
  • Maids breaking vases? Never...
  • Ah yes, the old "surprise investigation in the bathroom" trick... 78% of the time, it works every time.
  • Scratching the Judge's statements from the record now? Has Manfred actually become more power hungry since death?!
  • You'd think this would be the one time Phoenix would stop being cryptic, y'know...?
  • Stickler's sprites really are perfect for Burg. Disappointed at the lack of "testify!" jokes so far, though. No mention of being under oath either?
  • Argh. I'm pretty sure that Burg's seeing God was actually Klavier, but I don't seem to be able to prove that. I've presented the rope, the coat, (Thinking "long white coat from a distance descending down = God-like figure") and the Room plan as a bit of a last resort, and none of them worked... :( Agh, presenting the coat on the new statement about the ghostly aura doesn't count either? Hm, I guess I'll try the other ones again now that I have this, but really, this seems like this CE could've ended sooner.
  • The funny thing about this is that being in Hell more or less confirms God's existence, does it not? :P
  • Not too hard so far, but I assume it will be spiking up in the next part.
  • A fireplace... in a bathroom...?
  • I think I would have started the whole "hopless crisis" music a few frames later.
  • Calling down the victim... why didn't they do that to begin with? It's so obvious... :P
  • Gonna go ahead and say I don't think I'd have ever gotten that super-presenting part down by myself... but I didn't really try. I'm sorry, but it's too damned early in the morning to be doing that crap. :P
  • Also,
    Impossible?! HA! Nothing's impossible for Glase Ca-, errrr, Zeel1! Heh heh, I bet you expected that one about as much as you expected the Spanish Inquisition!
  • Ah yes, multi-contradiction testimonies... these, I like. I'm actually planning on doing one myself. The contradictions themselves are pretty reasonable, for the most part, challenging but not impossible to figure out, so I think this was handled well.
  • The old "only piece of evidence we haven't examined" trick, eh? I suppose the safe was pretty much the only piece that didn't have question marks around it.
  • Heh heh, I like it! By keeping her secret in place, you end up winning. It kind of goes against the general 'reveal all to win' nature of the AA games, but perhaps that's what I like about it. I think getting the good ending is actually better once you've already opened it and gotten the bad ending before. I'm not sure why...
  • I can dig the little unReveal at the end. The only thing is, why don't the bad endings have versions of this? Seems like that would've made for an even better prank if he ended up losing...
All in all, it really was a very nice trial. Aside from the super-present, and final CE, it really wasn't as soul-crushingly hard as I came into it expecting. Still very difficult of course, but I guess a good way of being pleasantly surprised by something is to go into it expecting the most brutal experience of your life. :awesome: Definitely stiff competition for Ping' and BP. Both technically sound dramatic challenging-but-fair trials, with some characterizations. Not a very easy choice... but, appropriately enough, it may be theme relevence that is the tie breaker. As you've admitted, Blackrune, you made no attempt at fitting in with the theme, whereas NYT incorporates it fairly well. From there, I think that sets them apart, and I name them the winners!

!!!~Congratulations, Ping' and BP! You are the winners of the Turnabout of the New Generation competition~!!!

Bad Player and Ping'
E.D.Revolution, Vanixa, and Phantom
Blackrune

Well, it's 5:32 AM where I am, I am quite out of it, and I'm sure I've done a horrible job tonight/this morning, partly because of this, but nontheless I believe I made the right choice. It's kinda funny how the top three worked out, now that I think about. ED/Phantom/Vanixa went pretty much entirely for theme relevance, whereas Blackrune went entirely for an epic case. BP/Ping' on the other hand, went somewhere in between, and ended up making what I believe is the superior case. There's a lesson to be learned here... probably... I don't know, I'm not really in the right shape to be giving out Aesops. :P

All three were spectacular entries, however, and their makers should be proud for getting this far. And a big thanks goes out to all of the other entrants as well, for the hard work they've been put in. And of course a special shout-out to BBblader - if it weren't for his awesomeness, this competition would've never happened!

Good ni- err, good morning everybody!
Turnabout Ghost - 1400 Frames
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

H- How the heck did you get here!? xD

Anyway, I guess can live with this. Victory wasn't that important for me anyway, and I think they deserve the victory for going with the theme so well.

Congratulations, ping' & BP
A well-deserved victory, and I made sure that you wouldn't have won with anything less. :P
And thanks to all participants, I joined this on a whim and never expected it would turn into the greatest AAO competition I've ever participated in. (well, ok... it's the only one I took part in so far)

And of course thanks to BBblader who made this all possible.

(I still have to play Mimi's trial... hehe saved the best for last ^^)
Koda

Post by Koda »

Congratz, Ping' & BP! Great work :D

Great job to the other entrants as well :)
You guys made this a fantastic competition!
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Zeel1 wrote:ED/Phantom/Vanixa went pretty much entirely for theme relevance, whereas Blackrune went entirely for an epic case. BP/Ping' on the other hand, went somewhere in between, and ended up making what I believe is the superior case. There's a lesson to be learned here... probably... I don't know, I'm not really in the right shape to be giving out Aesops. :P
*coughtit'shoracecough*

Anyway, first:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ^_^

ED, Phantom, Vanixa, and Blackrune, you guys made awesome trials, and this was a great competition. We also gotta give props to BB (and best wishes to his grandpa) for making this comp, and Zeel for getting all his judging done in 1 night, even though he got really tired. Being able to make it through OHoaT at 6AM is no easy feat xD (...Speaking of which, how exactly did you get to that screen? :P)

Okay then, Frenchy and I will try to get all the details sorted out, and post up a new thread. (EDIT: minor update, we figured out the length of the comp and how we're going to go about judging. Once we come up with a good theme, we'll make the thread xD)
Ping'
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Ping' »

I really wasn't expecting this after all the suspense... (Seriously, the past few days I had been all "oh, third place is not too bad after all")

I'm truly honoured that we were chosen among so many brilliant entries.

Thank you so much everyone! Blackrune, ED, Koopakirby, Mimi Mika, Ryu, SuperGanondorf, The Fury Wrath, Lilgav, Trilby, Diego, ecopper12, this competition wouldn't have been the same without your participation. Some of the entries completely blew my mind... the quality level was incredibly high, and several cases have been made that will undoubtedly be featured and remembered for months to come. As for the top 3 in particular, this little friendly competition really motivated us to make an entertaining case.

Let's raise a glass to BBblader, who organized the most epic competition to date! 84 pages, can you imagine? *Roaring applause* Competitions will never be the same after this one, and I can already tell you this will be one tough follow-up act for us.
Also congratulations to Zeel1 for picking up the torch when it was needed and judging the entries so quickly and efficiently!

Let's hope we can repay you all... by trolling you hard with a ridiculous competition theme
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

New comp is up, everyone~
E.D.Revolution
Spoken languages: English and decent Spanish

Post by E.D.Revolution »

Actually, I'd take Trilby, Fury, and Copper out of the equation. They showed no work for this competition....

Thanks to all who had participated. This has been a great experience to be and play thin this competition. A lot of you had great entries, especially my rivals in the top 3. Thanks to Zeel for effectively wrapping up the competition and BB for being so epic in hosting this competition.
Meph

Post by Meph »

Congratulations, you both! :D

Also, it seems I'm a bit late to be finding this out, but I'm so sorry to hear about the bad news, BB. :( If it means anything, I'll pray for him. I wish you both well. :)

Closed.