Time Goes By...

Join in with competitions to make the best trials... with a twist!

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Time Goes By...

Post by Enthalpy »

Confirming the above post.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
TKinhonipei
Spoken languages: asdfjkl;

Post by TKinhonipei »

Which post above you? *shot*

I'm excited in seeing what you two will create, as well as everyone else's entries. :)
Gumpei is so awesome for being everything that I've always wished for. <3
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­▬▬▬

Holhol is my soulmate ~<3

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BBblader© wrote:The strongest bonds you can make are the ones you aren't looking for, the ones that surprise you. I'm speaking from experience, so I believe in that pretty strongly. Think that's why so many relationships fail, because people wind up forcing themselves to find good in the other person, play up who they are to appear more attractive to them... but well... real love is being yourself, with someone who cares about you and accepts you for who you are.
kwando1313
Spoken languages: English, Français (un peu), Ancient Belkan

Post by kwando1313 »

Kakera? Despair? Yeah, you two are trolling.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
DWaM
Spoken languages: English

Post by DWaM »

I can't put my finger on it, but I feel like you're trying to satirize something with that post... Hmmmm....

Oh, well. Added.
Blackrune
Spoken languages: English, German, Japanese

Post by Blackrune »

So, it's not actual betrayal, but rather the illusion of it. I suppose the most probable explanation is the display of people betraying each other in front of an audience, but maybe there's more to it? No, wait, maybe it's supposed to mean that the phantasmagoria is part of the act of betrayal?
There's a game of tic-tac-toe in the background. Does this symbolize betrayal? In betrayal, obviously the traitor would have taken the initiative. In other words, the first move. It also has the advantage of the element of surprise, meaning the betrayed didn't respond perfectly, resulting in the loss of X that is pictured here. No, that may be too much of a stretch.
If both players play perfectly in tic-tac-toe, the game will always result in a tie. It's torture that will never end until one side loses on purpose. Kind of like believing in witches- Don't think too hard about this, Rune.
Bad Player
Spoken languages: American

Post by Bad Player »

Blackrune wrote:If both players play perfectly in tic-tac-toe, the game will always result in a tie.
(Unless you're in a magic toyshop)
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

TKinhonipei wrote:Which post above you? *shot*

I'm excited in seeing what you two will create, as well as everyone else's entries. :)
Actually, that was fully intentional.
kwando1313 wrote:Kakera? Despair? Yeah, you two are trolling.
Your lack of faith stings. What reason do you have to think that I would be so deceitful?
Blackrune wrote:So, it's not actual betrayal, but rather the illusion of it. I suppose the most probable explanation is the display of people betraying each other in front of an audience, but maybe there's more to it? No, wait, maybe it's supposed to mean that the phantasmagoria is part of the act of betrayal?
There's a game of tic-tac-toe in the background. Does this symbolize betrayal? In betrayal, obviously the traitor would have taken the initiative. In other words, the first move. It also has the advantage of the element of surprise, meaning the betrayed didn't respond perfectly, resulting in the loss of X that is pictured here. No, that may be too much of a stretch.
If both players play perfectly in tic-tac-toe, the game will always result in a tie. It's torture that will never end until one side loses on purpose. Kind of like believing in witches- Don't think too hard about this, Rune.
I would recommend thinking harder. You're not even halfway to fathoming everything there is to see from our introductory post. You're on the right track, but you need more of it. For instance, if tac-toe-toe means Umineko, as you have clearly shown it does, then which side betrayed the other, and how does the notion of "phantasmagoria" tie in?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

It's an Umineko reference. You'd never do anything of that sort.

"The Knight of the Iron Hammer, Vita, and the Steel Count, Graf Eisen. There's nothing in this world we can't destroy."
Ferdielance

Post by Ferdielance »

Kwando:
Spoiler : Really? :
As of current brainstorming, at least two chapters are Umineko-themed.
"A slow sort of country!" said the Queen. "Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

Hence trolling. (Chew)

hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

Ferdielance wrote:
Black-tailed gull-themed? Obviously Thally and Ferdie are making a Hatoful rip-off. (chew)
100% Certified Dersh
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

hershel_layton wrote:
Ferdielance wrote:
Black-tailed gull-themed? Obviously Thally and Ferdie are making a Hatoful rip-off. (chew)
THAT MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE

I WILL BE IMMENSELY DISAPPOINTED IF THAT IS NOT THE CASE

DWaM

Post by DWaM »

don't make me go and add a 'no birds allowed' rule
hershel_layton
Spoken languages: English, French, Chinese

Post by hershel_layton »

DWAM WHY WOULD YOU RUIN THIS

THALLY AND FERDIE WILL HAVE NOTHING TO PRESENT IF YOU DO
100% Certified Dersh
kwando1313

Post by kwando1313 »

YEAH, DON'T GO HATING ON THE HATOS D:

#HATO4UL4EVER