How do you create a trial series?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Eraser Ninja
Spoken languages: English

How do you create a trial series?

Post by Eraser Ninja »

Hello.
I'm trying to make a trial series. But when I set it up and click Create New Sequence, it doesn't do anything!

What is the deal with this? Am I doing the wrong thing? Or does my browser hate it when I do that?

-Eraser Ninja
Last edited by Enthalpy on Fri May 08, 2015 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renaming the thread to something clearer.
Calvinball

Re: Creating Sequences

Post by Calvinball »

I will first point out that you are in the wrong subforum. This sort of thing belongs in the Help and Support subforum, which is described on the board index page as being a place to "Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community."

And the answer to your inquiry is that you have to create a new series using individual trials that are already created. In other words, you have to create the first part of your series as an individual case first. THEN you can make your series. Write the name of the series in the box that reads "Title," enter the individual case you have already created into the "sequence items" box, and finally click the button that says "Create a new sequence."
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Eraser Ninja

Post by Eraser Ninja »

Ok. Thanks.

And I did get notified about the forum thingy. I'm still getting used to forums altogether.
Where stuff goes, where you ask stuff, and figuring out what to do about jerks....
(There aren't any on this forum, as far as I'm aware. It was on a different website. You guys have been WAY nicer! Although, your post seems as though you're a little touchy.... I don't know. Maybe you are a nice person and I'm reading too far into it.)

Thanks again for your help!

-Eraser Ninja
(Now I know how I'm spending my summer...)
Calvinball

Post by Calvinball »

Apologies for being so snappy! I'm afraid this is the second time something like this has happened within the span of a few days. I suppose it got under my skin and I overreacted. Enthalpy, your work as a moderator who deals with this all the time just got ten times more impressive. Sorry for giving you such a bad first impression of AAO! :oops:

The community here really is great and I learned all that first hand. There virtually isn't anyone on the forum that doesn't want a new member to succeed on the forums somehow, be it by becoming a skill author, artist, RPer, or even just having a good time. Good luck with your trial series! ^-^

And sorry again for being so upset for no good reason! ^~^
The score is still Q to 12. Shirley Homes avatar by my Invisible Friend. They're an awesome artist!
ImageImage

A huge thanks to my Invisible Friend for this AMAZING Shirley Homes art!

Shirley Homes

Connie Harper
A big thanks to gotMLK7 for this Shirley Homes and Connie Harper art. He is an awesome artist!
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: How do you create a trial series?

Post by Enthalpy »

In that case, welcome to AAO, and I hope you're able to get the hang of things!

As calvinball said, the text under the name of each of the subforums tells you what kinds of things go in that forum. Help and Support is "Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community," and so on. It may take some time to get used to the way things are organized, but that's normal. Just know for next time that the forum descriptions are the place to look!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Eraser Ninja

Post by Eraser Ninja »

To calvinball,
It's okay. I think you forget who you are because you're profile pic looks miffed. Again, I could've been reading too far into it.

And I was already given a first impression. You guys are cool. It was a different website that had jerks on it.
Thanks! I plan to take account of everything the moderator said about my first trial.

To the moderator,
Thank you for helpful advice. I saw "General Chatting" and I thought, "Ask there." So, thanks again.
LightningStrike

Project Listing

Post by LightningStrike »

Hey, does anyone know how to make trials part of a series? I started this the other day, and I can't figure it out.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Re: Project Listing

Post by Enthalpy »

Manager -> Create a New Sequence -> Edit the Trial Series (Edit Button) -> Append a Trial

...Though if I can ask, what does this have to do with the open-source project?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Sajaki
Spoken languages: English, Limited Deutsche

How do you make a trial series?

Post by Sajaki »

How do you make a trial series and is it possible to turn a independent trial into a trial series?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Please search for other topics asking the same question before starting a new topic.
Sajaki
Spoken languages: English, Limited Deutsche

Post by Sajaki »

Sorry about that.
Jofe
Spoken languages: Français [100%], English [70%]

Post by Jofe »

I have a little question: how to add a trial to a series? I tried the name, the url of trial player, the url of the trial manager, just the ID of the trial... I have always the message "/!\ Insufficient permissions to add this trial to a series".
Image Image Image Image Image