Character name display.

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

que108
Spoken languages: English

Character name display.

Post by que108 »

How do you display a characters name on the text box. Sometimes it shows up, other times it doesn't. Can someone help me with this?
Thank you?http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/p ... =post&f=50#
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Character name display.

Post by Enthalpy »

What do you mean by "sometimes it doesn't"?

Just click somewhere outside of the purple box before hovering over the place display.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
que108

Post by que108 »

What I mean is that sometimes when i'm play testing, the area where the name is displayed doesn't show up. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm assuming you're referring to "Turnabout Power Struggle." What frame do you see this glitch on? The only frame that doesn't have a nametag when I play it through is the first frame (ID 14), but it's not supposed to have a nametag, since it has no associated dialogue.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
que108

Post by que108 »

My main characters nametags won't show up. I don't know how to fix it.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

I need to know which trial this is, and which frame you see this on.
que108

Post by que108 »

In the trial Turnabout Power Struggle and frames 10-19. It is still a WIP.

Sorry I wasn't specific.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

You only have 17 frames in that trial. Tell me again which frames have this problem.

And just to be clear... What you're saying is that sometimes, no nametag at all appears on some frames? Can you still reproduce this.
Sajaki
Spoken languages: English, Limited Deutsche

Post by Sajaki »

Okay, here is a simple answer, it's a glitch everyone has to deal with, it happens when I'm play testing my trials, it also happens when I'm playing other people's trials, it just sometimes disappears for some reason and I would like it fixed.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Well, if it's a glitch that "everyone has to deal with," you're the second person that's reported it, and the first report was too vague to be useful.

Just like with the first reporter, I want trial IDs and frame IDs to reproduce this "bug."
Sajaki

Post by Sajaki »

Problem is the glitch is inconsistent. The name tag doesn't disappear in certain places, it disappears when ever it feels like disappearing.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Is there some place where it always disappears, or where it is more likely to disappear?

Without specifics, I can't do much for you.
Sajaki

Post by Sajaki »

For me it mostly happens from frame 100-151 in Escape to the Turnabout if you don't press or present evidence on the 1 testimony that is somewhere in there, bubble effects either make this glitch occur or they can even fix it.