Are the AAO original characters and songs free to use?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

PKMN 2.5
Spoken languages: English

Are the AAO original characters and songs free to use?

Post by PKMN 2.5 »

By that I mean, I don't have to credit anyone or do anything of that sort to use them, right? I'd still kinda want to credit but I have no idea who made the original characters. I don't know whether or not this is the right place to post this but I didn't know what other forum I could ask this in lol
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Are the AAO original characters and songs free to use?

Post by Enthalpy »

Detective Groovy was made by gotMLK7. Laura Frost was made by Lind. Ranger Justice was made by mercurialSK. Jonathan LeBrun was made by Tear.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Still, though, do we have to credit them, or not? I mean, they are in the editor, but they're not something made by Capcom.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

The sprite creators were supposed to have been credited on the credits page. Seeing as that hasn't been done, I'll say that for the time being, credit unless the author tells you otherwise. Once the credits page is updated to include that, not needed unless the spriter requests it.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Unas
Admin / Site programmer
Spoken languages: Français, English, Español

Post by Unas »

Whoops, I should definitely add them to the credits page, yes. I'm terribly forgetful. Can you create a ticket for that, Enth ? :-P
ImageImageImage
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Si le savoir peut créer des problèmes, ce n'est pas l'ignorance qui les résoudra. ( Isaac Asimov )
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Done.
PKMN 2.5
Spoken languages: English

Post by PKMN 2.5 »

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to credit then if I use them.