What does "Full data transfer" transfer?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

What does "Full data transfer" transfer?

Post by Nicky Boy »

Since you can't copy profiles/evidence, what does it actually transfer? I mean, there is an option for just variables, but what does this do?
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Re: What does "Full data transfer" transfer?

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

It transfers all the current values of variables in the previous trial to the next one so you don't have to re-assign them. Any other save-states that matter will also be transferred. I think health is one of them, but I'm not sure.
Last edited by AceAttorneyMaster111 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:It transfers all the current values of variables in the previous trial to the next one so you don't have to re-assign them.
That means that "Variables" only transfers the names with a value of 0?
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AceAttorneyMaster111

I edited my post as you were writing yours. Sorry, I accidentally clicked the submit button.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:I edited my post as you were writing yours. Sorry, I accidentally clicked the submit button.
Nevermind.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Player health is transferred.

There are some lines in the code about also transferring changes in the trial data, but it isn't clear to me what that would do. I'll look into it and post here when I figure out how that works.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Alright. Thanks for your help.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Ah, got it. This solves a problem that you'll encounter in trials like Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, but few others. The trial remembers changes in the trial data since you started the game.

Suppose that in your trial, you move from part A to part B and back to part A. When you started part A the first time, a piece of evidence got added to the Court Record. If "full data transfer" is checked, then when you move to part A, the game will remember that in part A, you got that piece of evidence. So when you go back to part A, the evidence is automatically displayed!

If the player goes through the parts in a straight line, then you can just ignore this.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
AceAttorneyMaster111

Enthalpy wrote:Player health is transferred.

There are some lines in the code about also transferring changes in the trial data, but it isn't clear to me what that would do. I'll look into it and post here when I figure out how that works.
Is player health considered a variable, or is it only transferred with full data?
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Player health is not a variable. It is only transferred with full data.
Nicky Boy

Post by Nicky Boy »

Enthalpy wrote:Ah, got it. This solves a problem that you'll encounter in trials like Two Sides of the Same Turnabout, but few others. The trial remembers changes in the trial data since you started the game.

Suppose that in your trial, you move from part A to part B and back to part A. When you started part A the first time, a piece of evidence got added to the Court Record. If "full data transfer" is checked, then when you move to part A, the game will remember that in part A, you got that piece of evidence. So when you go back to part A, the evidence is automatically displayed!

If the player goes through the parts in a straight line, then you can just ignore this.
Ah, TSotST. I remember that. I won't do that though, so I guess simply selecting "Variables" will do the trick. My parts are either Case 1 - Case 2 or Investigation - Trial, and I only want to transfer variables. I just wanted to know what extra thing does "Full data transfer" does.

I didn't get the save-states transfer, though. Is this what you just said? Or something else? I'm pretty sure you can't transfer the normal ones (the ones when you click save).
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

Save states do not transfer. I'm genuinely not sure what AAM was talking about there.
AceAttorneyMaster111

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:It transfers all the current values of variables in the previous trial to the next one so you don't have to re-assign them. Any other save-states that matter will also be transferred. I think health is one of them, but I'm not sure.
Enthalpy wrote:Save states do not transfer. I'm genuinely not sure what AAM was talking about there.
Sorry, that was a misused word. I meant something along the lines of trial data element, but I wasn't sure how to put it.