Starting Music in the Middle

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

trialdude
Spoken languages: English

Starting Music in the Middle

Post by trialdude »

I'm trying to play a track in the middle of the song. Is there a way to choose when in the song should start playing? I tried using the loop start time in the Music tab but it didn't seem to do anything.
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
Reverie

Re: Starting Music in the Middle

Post by Reverie »

At the moment, the loop time feature doesn't actually work. Though even if it did, it wouldn't be what you're looking for - that would play the song from the beginning as normal, and when it reaches the end, start over from the loop point (from my understanding, at least.)

So in other words, there's no way to do this for now. Sounds like a decent feature to be implemented, though, if there aren't plans for it already.

For now, your best bet would be to get an extended version of the song (10-30 minutes or something) and cut off the beginning in an editing program. Of course, that comes with obvious problems. The file would be pretty big, so hosting it somewhere would take up a lot of (probably limited) space, and if the player actually sits through those 10-30 minutes, they'll hear the song loop weirdly. The chances of the latter likely aren't too high, so it could be something to consider if you really need the song to start in the middle.
trialdude

Post by trialdude »

Okay, thanks. It's not that important, so I guess I'll have to work around it. :sideglance2:
I have the stupidest username in all of AAO. Nowhere else will you find one more stupid.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Spyromed wrote:At the moment, the loop time feature doesn't actually work. Though even if it did, it wouldn't be what you're looking for - that would play the song from the beginning as normal, and when it reaches the end, start over from the loop point (from my understanding, at least.)

So in other words, there's no way to do this for now. Sounds like a decent feature to be implemented, though, if there aren't plans for it already.

For now, your best bet would be to get an extended version of the song (10-30 minutes or something) and cut off the beginning in an editing program. Of course, that comes with obvious problems. The file would be pretty big, so hosting it somewhere would take up a lot of (probably limited) space, and if the player actually sits through those 10-30 minutes, they'll hear the song loop weirdly. The chances of the latter likely aren't too high, so it could be something to consider if you really need the song to start in the middle.
Are you sure the loop system doesn't work? The last that I remember, it was working fine.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

Just checked. Still not doing anything for me. The song plays in the same way whether or not the number in the loop time box is changed.
Nicky Boy
Spoken languages: Ελληνικά, English

Post by Nicky Boy »

Spyromed wrote:Just checked. Still not doing anything for me. The song plays in the same way whether or not the number in the loop time box is changed.
It works fine for me, though... With just a tiny pause at the end, but it works.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage