Recommended frames

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Super legenda
Spoken languages: Español e Ingles

Recommended frames

Post by Super legenda »

What amount of frames is good for my first trial?
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Re: Recommended frames

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

There's not a specific amount. Does your trial flow naturally? Does the dialogue make sense? Is the logic correct? Is it fun to play?

If you really want an amount, here's a quote from E.D. Revolution's AAO's Truly Comprehensive Guide for New Authors:
E.D. Revolution wrote:We recommend that your first trial-only case that runs at least 2000 frames TOTAL. Anything less than 1250 frames (including game over sequences) tends to fall on the short side. If you do this correctly, you should be able to fit around 4-8 cross examination blocks in there. If you have 13 cross examination sequences in 300 frames, however, you're doing something wrong.
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:There's not a specific amount. Does your trial flow naturally? Does the dialogue make sense? Is the logic correct? Is it fun to play?

If you really want an amount, here's a quote from E.D. Revolution's AAO's Truly Comprehensive Guide for New Authors:
E.D. Revolution wrote:We recommend that your first trial-only case that runs at least 2000 frames TOTAL. Anything less than 1250 frames (including game over sequences) tends to fall on the short side. If you do this correctly, you should be able to fit around 4-8 cross examination blocks in there. If you have 13 cross examination sequences in 300 frames, however, you're doing something wrong.
Thanks! I go to do a trial, after a investigation, and other trial. 2000 frames between the two or each trial have 2000?
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

What amount of frames in a case is ok for 2 investigations and 2 trials?
AceAttorneyMaster111

Again, I'd say don't worry about the frame count. Does the stuff in the investigation make sense? Is it free of bugs? Is the evidence or the progress rushed? Is it fun to play? Think about questions like these, rather than how many frames you have.
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:Again, I'd say don't worry about the frame count. Does the stuff in the investigation make sense? Is it free of bugs? Is the evidence or the progress rushed? Is it fun to play? Think about questions like these, rather than how many frames you have.
Ok, i ask because i want a good length.
AceAttorneyMaster111

I would request for playtesters in this topic. They'll tell you if it should be longer.
Last edited by AceAttorneyMaster111 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Super legenda

Post by Super legenda »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:I would request for playtesters in [link=http://www.aaonline.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10206]this topic[/link]. They'll tell you if it should be longer.
Thanks!