Psa Please update links that lead to the old Sparklin domain

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

IUndercoverTroll
Spoken languages: English

Psa Please update links that lead to the old Sparklin domain

Post by IUndercoverTroll »

So a bit ago Ace Attorney Online had moved from the Sparklin Domain to the domain it's on now. And while the post that clarifies this says that "There are virtually no consequences other than you won't be able to access the old Sparklin domain" there is one and that is that any links refering to the old domain won't work. While this may not seem like such a big deal there are pages, this one specifically, that rely on all the links on the page to be working. Which makes posts such as "How do I x" followed by a reply saying "This question has already been answered please check this post before you ask another question" kind of frustrating as if a question is answered with a broken link you start to wonder "What am I supposed to do?".

Now I doubt that Unas is gonna switch back to the old domain as there was probably a reason for shutting that one down. However, if you have a post that had a link referencing another page on this site and hadn't updated it since the move (especially if that post is stickied) it's probably a good idea to update the link to one on this site.

Edit: Also this might be important but for most links you can probably just remove the aceattorney.sparklin.org part and replace it with aaonline.fr and the link should hopefully go where it was supposed to go.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Psa Please update links that lead to the old Sparklin do

Post by Enthalpy »

This isn't quite a "help and support" topic, but the point is taken.

I've updated all those links. Let me know if any more need updating.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
IUndercoverTroll
Spoken languages: English

Re: Psa Please update links that lead to the old Sparklin do

Post by IUndercoverTroll »

Enthalpy wrote:This isn't quite a "help and support" topic, but the point is taken.

I've updated all those links. Let me know if any more need updating.
Alright thanks