Help with variables, pretty please!

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Negatious
Spoken languages: English

Help with variables, pretty please!

Post by Negatious »

:oops: I swear, I hate variables...O knowledgeable ones, please help me! :judge:

I`ve read through some of the guides regarding variables, but don`t seem to get it to work in my trial-at-works.
Specifically, I need help with a cross-examination where the player will need to press all the statements. Once that`s done, the game will proceed and allows the player to exit the cross-examination.

I tried doing the variables on each statement ( 5 in total ) according to The Common Way, as introduced in this guide: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9514 , under the "Press-all-to-continue" segment.

I don`t know what am I doing wrong, here`re some screencaps from the CE in question:

I did this at the first statement of each press convo, when the defense yells "Hold it!", except that on latter convos of the same CE, the "press1" changes into "press2", "press3" and so on, corresponding to the number of where in the CE the statement and convo is located. 1 for the first convo, 2 for second and so on:

Large picture:
Spoiler : :
This same setting is at the second last frame of each press convo. I don`t know what did I do wrong.

Also, the failure frame is outside the CE, is that done correctly or wrong?

Large picture:
Spoiler : :
I`d truly appreciate some help, I just can`t seem to wrap my head around variables.
Hello! The name`s Negatious, a newbie at AAO! Nice to meet y`all!
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Re: Help with variables, pretty please!

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

What's not happening that you want to happen?
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:What's not happening that you want to happen?
Basically, every time I enter the "Test for an expression`s value"- frame, it sends me to the failure frame immediately. Either that, when I go through all the statements, the variables do nothing.
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

I might be wrong, but I think you need Advanced Mode on. I think it will allow you to type regular expressions like you are doing.
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

AceAttorneyMaster111 wrote:I might be wrong, but I think you need Advanced Mode on. I think it will allow you to type regular expressions like you are doing.
Nope. Doesn`t help. Any other ideas?
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

You can probably use "Test an expression's value", but I do it with "Evaluate conditions to redirect the player" instead. Simply put "det01press1 + det01press2 + det01press3 + det01press4 + det01press5 = 5" in "Expression to test" if there are five statements that the player needs to press. This video may help.
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

123fendas wrote:You can probably use "Test an expression's value", but I do it with "Evaluate conditions to redirect the player" instead. Simply put "det01press1 + det01press2 + det01press3 + det01press4 + det01press5 = 5" in "Expression to test" if there are five statements that the player needs to press. This video may help.
I did as you wrote and the video showed, but when I reach the "Evaluate conditions to redirect", it just goes to the "The End"- screen instantly.
Hmm.
Negatious

Post by Negatious »

Negatious wrote:
123fendas wrote:You can probably use "Test an expression's value", but I do it with "Evaluate conditions to redirect the player" instead. Simply put "det01press1 + det01press2 + det01press3 + det01press4 + det01press5 = 5" in "Expression to test" if there are five statements that the player needs to press. This video may help.
I did as you wrote and the video showed, but when I reach the "Evaluate conditions to redirect", it just goes to the "The End"- screen instantly.
Hmm.
EDIT: It works now, I'm just a doofus and forgot to put the failure frames in place after the condition evaluation ones...heh.
Thanks for the help, everyone!