Lower Screen

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Freddi
Spoken languages: English

Lower Screen

Post by Freddi »

Hi :D

Just wanted to know when and will the devs implement lower screen changes? Like how in intros to turnabouts there's the name of the Turnabout on the bottom?
(I'd also like to know if you will implement smooth scrolling from the bottom portion of a screen to a top portion?
AceAttorneyMaster111
Spoken languages: English, français, un poco de español, עברית

Re: Lower Screen

Post by AceAttorneyMaster111 »

It’s a good idea, but things are moving incredibly slowly on the developer side. Don’t expect anything soon.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

For context about "when will the devs implement X":

Development happens when somebody who knows enough code makes the necessary changes in Unas's in-progress version of the code. Unas can then approve the changes, say changes need to made to the changes, or reject them all. Development is currently slow because:

a) There are very few developers.
b) I have been extremely busy. AAO has become a relatively low priority for me. Hence, I haven't been developing much, and that's a huge loss for the developers.
c) Even when something does get submitted, Unas is slow to get it accepted because he is also busy.
d) Even when something does get accepted, Unas is slow to get it onto the site because he is also busy.

I expect that after this semester, I will have much more time to put into AAO, which will alleviate one obstacle. But as AAM said, AAO development is a long-term game at the moment!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Freddi

Post by Freddi »

I would help but I'm extremely busy and I don't know anything about this. :(
TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor »

I should mention, there are ways around the lower screen issues. In Turnabout Déjà Vu, I had an animated gif show the name of the Turnabout on the bottom by setting it as the "ask the player to click an area" background. It's not perfect, since prematurely clicking with either skip or replay the animation, depending on how you set it up, but it's something.
Image Image Image