Problem with sprites

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Ace Attorney Guy
Spoken languages: English

Problem with sprites

Post by Ace Attorney Guy »

Hello, I'm having some problems with my startup sprites. During the animation some frames are skipped, i tried raising the duration but the editor gives me the error 404 when i do that. Can someone explain me how to fix this?
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Re: Problem with sprites

Post by 123fendas »

No, there is no solution to the skipped frames.

the "error 404", however, is strange.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Post by Enthalpy »

Investigating the frame skipping is high on my "to-investigate" list, but it will be a few more days until I get to it.

I don't understand what you mean by "the editor gives me the error 404 when i do that". What does that look like? And what exactly do you do when you are "raising the duration"? Do you change the sprite itself, or do you change the time you tell the editor the start-up animation needs?
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Ace Attorney Guy
Spoken languages: English

Post by Ace Attorney Guy »

Enthalpy wrote:Investigating the frame skipping is high on my "to-investigate" list, but it will be a few more days until I get to it.

I don't understand what you mean by "the editor gives me the error 404 when i do that". What does that look like? And what exactly do you do when you are "raising the duration"? Do you change the sprite itself, or do you change the time you tell the editor the start-up animation needs?
By raising the duration i talk about the box that's down the link box in the "custom pictures menu", when i raise the number that i put there the preview of the gif vanishes and a little square with a simble of a broken paper appears in its place. I tried to click on that little square and it sends me to an "Error 404" page. I also tried raising the duration of the gif using the program i work with, but some frames are skipped anyway.
Thanks so much for your patience.
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

Ace Attorney Guy wrote:
Enthalpy wrote:Investigating the frame skipping is high on my "to-investigate" list, but it will be a few more days until I get to it.

By raising the duration i talk about the box that's down the link box in the "custom pictures menu", when i raise the number that i put there the preview of the gif vanishes and a little square with a simble of a broken paper appears in its place. I tried to click on that little square and it sends me to an "Error 404" page. I also tried raising the duration of the gif using the program i work with, but some frames are skipped anyway.
Thanks so much for your patience.
That's normal. It's nothing to worry about.

It's like when you type a completely valid expression into the expression box and it goes red. It's not a problem. It's a false alarm.
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »

It may be a "false alarm," but it's a false alarm that shouldn't be there. I'll add this to the list, thanks.

(Note to Self: After updating the duration of a startup animation, the src attribute for the preview is replaced with the duration, causing the preview to no longer display.)
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager

Post by Enthalpy »