Recreate Miles Edgeworth Investigations experience?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

Torri 800
Spoken languages: English

Recreate Miles Edgeworth Investigations experience?

Post by Torri 800 »

Edgeworth: Yes, I know you're in the right, Lang. We really can't appear as controllable Mega Man sprites here at AA Online.

Shi Long Lang: Then why beg to ask? That unique experience belongs only in the story of Zheng Fa!

Edgeworth: :objection: I believe that there needs to be more than just that. Don't be biased.

Shi Long Lang: I have doubts with AA Online. I know fourth walls are cringe-inducing, but our voices must be heard... EVERYWHERE!

Edgeworth: That's exactly why we need to find information on how to recreate Advanced Investigations. It doesn't have to be on here, but for those who want an epic Investigations sequence, running Mega Man sprites of myself and a partner, NPC Mega Man sprites...

Shi Long Lang: Not so fast! All this time you've mentioned Mega Man sprites. This is Ace Attorney, NOT Mega Man.

Edgeworth: Mega Man sprites are controllable and otherwise interact-able sprites of NPC, player and enemy alike. NPC sprites heal or grant you lives when you touch them in-game, player characters like Mega Man move and attack with player-input controls, and enemies are computer controlled, anti-player sprites.... Lang?

Shi Long Lang: As you can imagine, I'm in a blank. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Edgeworth: In Investigations, I am the player sprite. I can move and examine with player-input controls. Get it? YOU are an NPC, Lang! You hang around, and when I choose to press the A button near you, we talk.

Shi Long Lang: It's starting to make a little more sense now. Isn't that what we're doing right now? I waited for your arrival to talk about this, and you pressed A.

Edgeworth: Correct. I see you're beginning to understand.

It doesn't have to be AAO, but is there any way where I can recreate the Miles Edgeworth Investigations experience? With mechanics like Logic, Deduce, and access classic PW investigation screen cut-ins before going back to the main investigation scene with full sprites of characters (or the Mega Man sprites as called out by Edgeworth)? I know it sounds like too much, but I really would like to create an authentic Miles Edgeworth Investigations case.
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Recreate Miles Edgeworth Investigations experience?

Post by Enthalpy »

Not that I'm aware of. There may be other casemakers that have AAI capabilities, but AAO does not and likely will not until somebody who has some programming ability decides they need this for one of their own AAO cases. It would be a great deal of effort.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
123fendas
Spoken languages: Svenska, English

Post by 123fendas »

Torri 800 wrote:mechanics like Logic, Deduce
That is technically possible.
Torri 800 wrote:access classic PW investigation screen cut-ins
I don't know what that means
Torri 800 wrote:the main investigation scene with full sprites of characters
That is probably not possible...
Torri 800
Spoken languages: English

Post by Torri 800 »

Enthalpy wrote:Not that I'm aware of. There may be other casemakers that have AAI capabilities, but AAO does not and likely will not until somebody who has some programming ability decides they need this for one of their own AAO cases. It would be a great deal of effort.
Exactly right. Knowing that AAO has been stagnant on development, it's unlikely that AAO will add Investigations mechanics ready to implement. I looked for casemakers that did use AAI mechanics and sprites (running Edgeworth, whip-grabbing Shi Long Lang, whip primed Franziska etc,) but couldn't find any. If any do exist, I'd appreciate an example(s) of said casemaker.