Investigation scenes broken?

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

YeetSkeetMcgeet13
Spoken languages: English

Investigation scenes broken?

Post by YeetSkeetMcgeet13 »

For some reason, whenever I'm making an investigation scene and I try to edit the "main frame screen editor", when I click "confirm" it acts as if I clicked cancel. In the past clicking "confirm" worked, but for some reason now it doesn't. It's not just one investigation scene. Any investigation block where I try to edit the "main frame screen editor" doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this?
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Investigation scenes broken?

Post by Enthalpy »

I can reproduce the bug. This is a disturbing one, so I'm moving this to the top of my to-do list.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Investigation scenes broken?

Post by Enthalpy »

On further investigation, this is less urgent than I initially assumed as the initial bug report is incorrect.

What the editor shows is that after you confirm changes to the main frame screen editor, if you reopen the "main frame screen editor," the information from before your changes will appear. However, the data has been saved in your trial correctly. The screen editor just won't display it until after you hit "Open" for the Dialogue panel of the investigation.

This is still a bug, but this is a bug of information not displaying, not it being impossible to edit an investigation. This is still an important bug to fix, but it's down to item two on my to-do list now. Thanks for the report!
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson