Help! My evidence sprites won't appear

Learn how to use AAO by reading tutorials, and seek help from the AAO community.

Moderator: EN - Forum Moderators

cheestle
Spoken languages: English

Help! My evidence sprites won't appear

Post by cheestle »

So I may just be being dumb here, but I've tried everything I can think of and the custom evidence icons I made still won't show up

As an overview of what I've done, I basically just saved the image I want to use straight from the program before uploading it to an image hosting service like the forums seem to be suggesting. When that didn't work, I tried a few other services in both png and jpg format (imgur, imgbb, ctrlq and even google drive when I got desperate) but didn't have any more luck there

Initially I thought it was because it may not be a perfect square or the file size may be too big, but it turns out neither of those seem to be the problem either

For control, I also pasted in the image address of someone else's custom sprite and it appeared exactly as it should have. Additionally I downloaded an official aa evidence sprite from https://www.court-records.net/Evidence.htm and used the same process to upload it, but that one didn't work either. So that leads me to believe the fault is in the process rather than the actual image itself, but I can't find anything wrong with what I'm doing lol

Halp

Like I said, I'm probably just being stupid

(btw, I saw a previous post where they had a similar problem, so I just wanna clear up that I'm definitely copying the image address rather than the post address)

Thaanks :maya:
Enthalpy
Community Manager
Spoken languages: English, limited Spanish

Re: Help! My evidence sprites won't appear

Post by Enthalpy »

I'm looking at your trial myself. The evidence you have hosted on imgur displays just fine. Try saving your trial and re-opening it.

Your Google drive link doesn't display for me, but I'm not surprised. I don't see a file extension in your link.
[D]isordered speech is not so much injury to the lips that give it forth, as to the disproportion and incoherence of things in themselves, so negligently expressed. ~ Ben Jonson